PDA

View Full Version : This club is a fake!!!!!

gazgolf1
3rd October 2004, 09:24 AM
Ok Ebay detectives tell me why this club is a fake.....
This wont take long. :wink:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1515&item=7100861790&rd=1

macleod
3rd October 2004, 09:31 AM
hey, that chevron actually looks digitally altered....

the patch around it has deliberately been sharpened.

any chance it was a factory second? :D

drunken
3rd October 2004, 09:53 AM
The shaft?????

Are the pluses made in even degrees rather than halves????

gazgolf1
3rd October 2004, 02:47 PM
The shaft?????

The shaft is one.
The Pro Series GBB have .5 lofts not the standard GBB.

Ducky
3rd October 2004, 02:48 PM
Why does he have 100% feedback rating?

:shock:

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Jarro
3rd October 2004, 03:05 PM
i've got no idea Gaz :?

drunken
4th October 2004, 12:27 AM
The shaft?????

The shaft is one.

yes it's not a pro series so it should have degrees of loft eg. 9, 10 etc.

Ok seeing as noone else has chimed in....

*the number II should be in white & the + should be red. This picture has them both in yellow/gold

*the font used for driver is wrong & the letters are too close together

* The score dots on the face are too small & should be white like the score lines

* The clubhead colour seems to be much darker than the blue it should be (may just be the light)

* The arrow/line up mark on top of the clubhead should be 2cm furthre back from the face

ummmm anything else??? :wink:

gazgolf1
4th October 2004, 04:20 AM
The shaft?????

The shaft is one.

*the number II should be in white & the + should be red. This picture has them both in yellow/gold

* The score dots on the face are too small & should be white like the score lines

* The clubhead colour seems to be much darker than the blue it should be (may just be the light)

* The arrow/line up mark on top of the clubhead should be 2cm furthre back from the face

Holy crap Drunken :shock:

I just noticed the loft thing. :oops: :wink:

McMw
4th October 2004, 08:46 AM
does the fact that it's the PLUS series makes a difference from the normal cor version???

jaster
4th October 2004, 01:01 PM
The shaft?????

The shaft is one.

I initially thought this club was real, the only thing though that is different is the .5° loft....I think it is a very good fake!! Wonder if the seller knows?

drunken
4th October 2004, 01:10 PM
I initially thought this club was real, the only thing though that is different is the .5° loft....I think it is a very good fake!! Wonder if the seller knows?

I thought it looked alright to start with. But the closer you look the more minor details you can notice that are different.

Have a look at some decent pictures on Ebay & you will be able to pick up on all the points I've noted straight away

drunken
4th October 2004, 01:21 PM
Compare the pictures to this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47329&item=7105630186&rd=1

3oneday
4th October 2004, 03:33 PM
Just wondering, the 9.5* and 8.5* Fusions are referred to as Pro Series but do not have this stated on the club. You sure you guys aren't talking about clubs that don't necessarily get released in Australia, ie released US only ??? I understand there are a lot of fake Callaways around, but I just think it's a bit hard to judge from a picture, IMHO of course :wink: .

Pete

drunken
4th October 2004, 05:54 PM
Well the plus models aren't actually available in the US are they??? What with it being a Hi-Cor model.

And I'm pretty sure that there's no plus pro series model??? (I could be wrong)

JJJ
4th October 2004, 09:49 PM
Drunken,

Great pick up. Two other things. The ferrule is different and the area around where the shaft joins the body of the driver is very different. The fake has a slight rise whereas the real BB II is dead flat. I wonder if the seller knows?

JJ

990B Luva
5th October 2004, 09:58 AM
the shaft may be a jap version, and the club head is too dark as well as what drunken said