Bruce - 36
Grunt - 30
Shazza_rs - 28

Jarro
23rd October 2007, 03:50 PM
I'm interested

markTHEblake
23rd October 2007, 03:52 PM
I cant commit to this date yet, but Trung will. someone should be able to pick him up from the spot on the M1 where i will be dumping him

Though i would rather be playing Murwillumbah.

scarfie1
23rd October 2007, 05:00 PM
Yeah I'm keen

AndyP
23rd October 2007, 05:19 PM
Very unlikely, so I'll vote no.

Bruce
23rd October 2007, 06:14 PM
I'm in.

shazza_rs
7th November 2007, 08:07 PM
Okay so i'm looking at getting a booking so the list is as follows:

1. shazza_rs
2. peter_rs
3. bruce
4. grunt
5. jarro
6. scarfie1

I'll book two groups, any preference for times????

Grunt
7th November 2007, 08:17 PM
Morning for me is better

markTHEblake
7th November 2007, 09:43 PM
1. shazza_rs
2. peter_rs
3. bruce
4. grunt
5. jarro
6. scarfie1
7. trung
8. blake

I think Trung has a 2.30-ish flight out from Cooly, i will confirm this.

Jarro
8th November 2007, 04:21 AM
1. shazza_rs
2. peter_rs
3. bruce
4. grunt
5. scarfie1
6. trung
7. blake

sorry, i have to work that day now :(

BrisVegas
8th November 2007, 08:06 AM
1. shazza_rs
2. peter_rs
3. bruce
4. grunt
5. scarfie1
6. trung
7. blake

sorry, i have to work that day now :(

did you volunteer to work once blake put his name down?

PeteyD
8th November 2007, 09:23 AM
haha. I am tempted but can not confirm as I may have work.

shazza_rs
8th November 2007, 11:43 AM
1. shazza_rs
2. peter_rs
3. bruce
4. grunt
5. scarfie1
6. trung
7. blake

Have just been in contact with cazandpaul (thanks Paul). The monday comp fee is $39. Tee times are from 6:30 - 1pm. If trung has a plane to catch by 2:30 then i guess a tee of between 8:30 and 9 is the go??

Let me know what you guys think and i'll book us in.

Cheers

scarfie1
8th November 2007, 11:47 AM
I'm good for any time

Grunt
8th November 2007, 12:18 PM
1. shazza_rs
2. peter_rs
3. bruce
4. grunt
5. scarfie1
6. trung
7. blake

Have just been in contact with cazandpaul (thanks Paul). The monday comp fee is $39. Tee times are from 6:30 - 1pm. If trung has a plane to catch by 2:30 then i guess a tee of between 8:30 and 9 is the go??

Let me know what you guys think and i'll book us in.

Cheers
Thanks Shazza.

Jarro
8th November 2007, 12:45 PM
did you volunteer to work once blake put his name down?

Something like that ;)

kpac
9th November 2007, 09:06 PM
Though i would rather be playing Murwillumbah.

played m'bah on wednesday, it is in fantastic condition :smt023 :smt023 , greens a bit hard but very true, they are doing work on the 6th, and we had to tee off the ladies, but the course was really nice. Back nine at the murwillumbah is all top quality!

scarfie1
9th November 2007, 10:58 PM
Hey KPac, I'd be keen for a game down there sometime if you want

kpac
10th November 2007, 08:34 AM
Sounds good scarfie, i'll get to organising something shortly

shazza_rs
11th November 2007, 05:52 PM
Two tee times booked 8.36 and 8.43

1. shazza_rs
2. peter_rs
3. bruce
4. grunt
5. scarfie1
6. trung
7. blake

Anyone else interested???

Grunt
11th November 2007, 05:57 PM
Great Work Shazza,

PeteyD
11th November 2007, 05:58 PM
Pencil me in for the spot unless someone can be more positive.

shazza_rs
11th November 2007, 05:59 PM
1. shazza_rs
2. peter_rs
3. bruce
4. grunt
5. scarfie1
6. trung
7. blake
8. peteyD (light pencil if no one else is a certain)

markTHEblake
18th November 2007, 07:26 PM
Trung and Blake have cancelled this, sorry, we are all golfed out, plus Trung has to go buy his girfreind a present.

PeteyD
18th November 2007, 07:31 PM
bunch of Skirts ;) haha

Trung
18th November 2007, 07:42 PM
Sorry guys.. I'm golfed out.. Relax tomorrow and then catch the flight home mid arvo.

shazza_rs
18th November 2007, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the late notice guys :evil: You could of told us before the pro shop at GC Burleigh was closed.....

Anyone else want to play??

1. shazza_rs
2. peter_rs
3. grunt
4. bruce
5. scarfie

Trung
18th November 2007, 07:53 PM
Shazza,

Do you want me to give them a call tomorrow?

shazza_rs
18th November 2007, 07:54 PM
Its fine. I'll do it.

AndyP
19th November 2007, 07:57 AM
I would have loved to have had another game, maybe with the Pings too, but you know how these things go. :(

peter_rs
19th November 2007, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the game guys. Played with Scarfie and Grunt. After the reports lately i was quite impressed with you behaviour ;) If you start up lessons again grunt, I'd seriously recommend looking at a more upright swing. Because i think you have developed more leg action and a faster tempo than me if that is possible :) But you did hit some good shots when you smoothed your lower half out.

First round with Scarfie. I think this boy has to set some new goals.... he hits the ball well. He likes to shape it but has excellent control. This boy likes to have a go at everything. I saw some bigger tiger lines than i was prepared to take and his score could of been better if he played 'safe', but that will come with playing more comps.

I played average, 6 x 1 pointers and a wash in my 38. Hit some nice shots just some stupid mistakes.

Even though a few greens were thatched today, its a mint course. Highly recommend it to those who haven't played it. A little bit of local knowledge but its still a course you can score well on playing blind.

Grunt
19th November 2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the game guys. Played with Scarfie and Grunt. After the reports lately i was quite impressed with you behaviour ;) If you start up lessons again grunt, I'd seriously recommend looking at a more upright swing. Because i think you have developed more leg action and a faster tempo than me if that is possible :) But you did hit some good shots when you smoothed your lower half out.

First round with Scarfie. I think this boy has to set some new goals.... he hits the ball well. He likes to shape it but has excellent control. This boy likes to have a go at everything. I saw some bigger tiger lines than i was prepared to take and his score could of been better if he played 'safe', but that will come with playing more comps.

I played average, 6 x 1 pointers and a wash in my 38. Hit some nice shots just some stupid mistakes.

Even though a few greens were thatched today, its a mint course. Highly recommend it to those who haven't played it. A little bit of local knowledge but its still a course you can score well on playing blind.

Yeah thanks Pete, I think the whole thing has been from me not doing the drill from the lessons and have nopw got it all half arsed about. The lessons initailly got the swing a little flatter and got rid of the out to in. I have taken it too far and now are too crouched, I will try and fix it. Thanks for the game too, If only I could get rid of the wipe holes, 30 points with 5 pars is not that good. Putting definitely saved me heaps today.

Hang on a sec..are you suggesting Scarfie shot 43 points...thats 7 better playing off 5 ?
Was this in a comp ?

It was in comp!! The Boy really can play!

AndyP
19th November 2007, 02:23 PM
Is this a gee-up like the cored greens at KV saga? Or has scarfie1 exorcised the OZgolf demons?

Well done!
Nice backing up from the weekend too, Pete.

Grunt
19th November 2007, 02:27 PM
Is this a gee-up like the cored greens at KV saga? Or has scarfie1 exorcised the OZgolf demons?

Well done!

Greens were good they had definitely had work done but were faster and truer that the KV Greens over the weekend.

shazza_rs
19th November 2007, 02:33 PM
Pete...where was this form in the semi final mate ?

Pete wants to know where the crap you played against vegas was when you played him?? :mrgreen:

I think it helps that he wasn't a skirt and actually hit his driver on the weekend unlike when he played against you.

PS. I think it helped that he was almost spewing with every swing on sunday so his swing just might of been a little smoother than normal.

BrisVegas
19th November 2007, 02:44 PM
Pete wants to know where the crap you played against vegas was when you played him?? :mrgreen:

In defence of dicky, he played equally crap against both of us. Nett 80+ at windy and 27 points at KV. I think he just timed his holes better against you.

peter_rs
19th November 2007, 03:51 PM
Its more my swing is a fine tuned machine ;) I never play well after a weekend off and working 14 days of manual work straight...

plus I have had two lessons since I was handed my arse.

you didn't rip up windy but your arse and short game was enough.

peter_rs
19th November 2007, 03:54 PM

Its was nice to backup the weekend in comp. I'm a little supprising on new course.

Jono
19th November 2007, 04:45 PM
It was in comp!! The Boy really can play!

How does "The Boy" go from shooting 29 and 23 points over the weekend to shooting 43 points on Monday? Did he suddenly become "The Man"? :lol:

Jono
19th November 2007, 04:46 PM
Scarfie, that's awesome shooting, BTW. 8)

scarfie1
19th November 2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks Jono. I dunno what it was, but I was just in the zone today, putts were sinking, getting up and down mostly (which is highly unusual for me). I think the relaxed atmosphere helped, the champs was too much pressure for me to handle

markTHEblake
19th November 2007, 04:56 PM
Scarfie, time to update your 'conquered my game' thread now, you have undisputedly earned it.

peter_rs
19th November 2007, 05:02 PM
pressure I started the "this is comp" and "tiger" calls at 9. and started talking about hcp drops..... I will try harder next time:)

Bruce
19th November 2007, 05:53 PM
The greens were pretty good and had a bit of pace to them which was a pleasant change after the previous 3 days shag piles.

Nice shooting Scarfie.

Flowergirl
19th November 2007, 09:37 PM
The greens were pretty good and had a bit of pace to them which was a pleasant change after the previous 3 days shag piles.

Nice shooting Scarfie.

Well done to you too Bruce. You've played some good honest golf this weekend.:smt038

shazza_rs
19th November 2007, 09:42 PM
honest... he choked badly coming home.... after the 5 pointer he had 5 points in 5 holes...... sandbagger...

On a side note, thanks for organising the round for us Paul. It was good to put a face to the name (well half of the name). :)

Would definitely recommend this course to others who haven't played it. Good layout.

cazandpaul
20th November 2007, 07:15 AM
Scarfie only managed runner up - 46 points:shock: won the day - vouchers at the club office if you are passing or let me know if you want them sent to you.

A ball each for Bruce and Pete - the others (and you know who they are) - they go home with nothing.

Paul

Bruce
20th November 2007, 07:19 AM
I'm not gunna get back there in a hurry. Paul (or whoever gets there first) - can you collect and it and use it on my behalf please.

46!! Jaysus. I thought Scarfie was shooting the lights out.

peter_rs
20th November 2007, 09:46 AM
no scarfie left a few out there.

Paul

Do you now the ccr golf links not updated yet?

Do Burleigh have a 2 day open amature?

markTHEblake
20th November 2007, 10:14 AM
Yep, Burleigh Cup and its listed on the QGU Calendar

cazandpaul
20th November 2007, 04:34 PM
Haven't seen the CCR but it will be at least 69.

Burleigh Cup is an Angus Buchanan event (4 or less) - no open 2 day events.

Web site is www.gcburleighgolfclub.com.au (http://www.gcburleighgolfclub.com.au)

Grunt
20th November 2007, 04:38 PM
Is rated 68 on Golflink.