PDA

View Full Version : Gametrack

Jarro
2nd October 2004, 11:28 AM
if anyone's interested, Amanda and I have set up a private group at Gametrack for Ozgolfers to register their scores at various courses.

check here :

http://www.freegolfinfo.com/gametrack3/groups/group_report.asp?groupid=25333

8)

Ducky
2nd October 2004, 12:11 PM
Session Expired

Your GameTrack session has timed out or you have not yet logged into the system.

Please login to Gametrack before continuing.
I have to register obviously?

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

amanda
2nd October 2004, 01:01 PM
That link doesn't quite work.

Once you register and are in GameTrak - go to Groups -> search for a group -> Private groups -> Put in the group number 25333.

You'll also need a password - jarro - can you please PM me the password?

Speirsy11
2nd October 2004, 01:34 PM
Can I have the password please?

Thanks

Speirsy11

Jarro
2nd October 2004, 02:43 PM
sorry guys :oops: :oops:

the password is par

see ya in there 8)

AndyP
2nd October 2004, 09:53 PM
:?: Where do they pull the handicap from?

Jarro
3rd October 2004, 07:10 AM
from the Gametrack help menu :

Q .. How many and which of my scores are used in the handicap calculation?

A.. The handicap calculation uses the best 10 of your last 20 scores. If you have less than 20 scores entered into the system, it will approximate by using the best half of the scores you have entered. In other words, if you have 6 rounds entered it will use your best 3, if you have 14 rounds entered it will use your best 7, etc. The closer you get to 20 rounds entered, the more accurate your GameTrack handicap will become. Most recognized handicap systems (including the USGA) require that you submit at least 20 scores before receiving an accurate handicap.

Jarro
3rd October 2004, 08:35 PM
thanks for joining up guys .... we have 8 people in there now 8)

c'mon the rest of you slackers ... join up :!: :wink:

Ducky
3rd October 2004, 09:03 PM
I joined, but I don't know what I'm doing...

:?

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Kee
4th October 2004, 08:00 AM
How embarrassment. I'm last by a long way with all the stats :oops: :smt069 . I think I need to read those Dr Rotella books.

andylo
4th October 2004, 08:34 AM
Kee, do you mind to set me up into the group as well pls :)

Jarro
4th October 2004, 06:53 PM
welcome aboard A-Lo 8)

Ducky
4th October 2004, 08:04 PM
Well, it's obvious people are playing favourites on these boards.

I didn't get a 'welcome aboard D-Man' now, did I?

:x

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

3oneday
4th October 2004, 08:38 PM
:cry:

Jarro
5th October 2004, 02:21 AM
sorry guys :oops:

WELCOME DUCKY AND PETE :!: :!:

markTHEblake
9th October 2004, 08:57 AM
Are you intending to use this for all your golf scores, or just the Ozgolf ones?

would be a good way to track our POTY if we just include ozgolf events.

Jarro
9th October 2004, 12:12 PM
Are you intending to use this for all your golf scores, or just the Ozgolf ones?

would be a good way to track our POTY if we just include ozgolf events.

I meant it to be used for all your golf scores... but if we wanna just make it for Ozgolf events i suppose we could.

markTHEblake
9th October 2004, 12:20 PM
Damn good idea, or has Onewood being maintaining all our scores in secret?

Jarro
9th October 2004, 12:33 PM
so how many people do we need to make it an Ozgolf event :?: :?

Jono
9th October 2004, 02:53 PM
I think Blakey's idea is a good one, Jarro. (Well done, Blakey ... Here's a pat on the back. :lol: )

I already have a system of tracking my scores and stats, so why don't we keep this for Ozgolf events only?

Now, how do we exactly define an "Ozgolf event"? :?: :!:

Jarro
9th October 2004, 03:08 PM
I think Blakey's idea is a good one, Jarro. (Well done, Blakey ... Here's a pat on the back. :lol: )

I already have a system of tracking my scores and stats, so why don't we keep this for Ozgolf events only?

Now, how do we exactly define an "Ozgolf event"? :?: :!:

i'm all for the idea :smt023

.. but agreed, we need to make it clear to everyone what makes an Ozgolf event legit .... is it 2 people playing, or more than that :smt017

terryand
9th October 2004, 04:07 PM
Any event that I am at :lol:

Terry.

terryand
9th October 2004, 04:28 PM
Seriously,I would say a group of 4 should be good enough.

Terry.

BrisVegas
9th October 2004, 05:43 PM
I'm in. 8) Good idea jarro. :idea:

These stats just prove how bad I am at converting birdie chances... :cry:

markTHEblake
9th October 2004, 08:29 PM
If you make it a higher figure than 2, the people in some far away places will never be able to record a score, like those hippies from the west.

Its gotta be 2.

terryand
9th October 2004, 09:03 PM
Blakey if that is the case, then there would have to be a limited number of home course games counted towards the POTY.

Or a percentage of home and away games to count towards it,so someone can't just use their familier home track all the time.

Terry.

markTHEblake
9th October 2004, 10:46 PM
come to think of it, the exact definition of an officially sanctioned Ozgolf event could be one that was first proclaimed in the 1st Tee thread PRIOR to the round taking place.

That solves a bunch of issues.

also POTY should start with the ozgolf champs and be awarded at the next champs.

AndyP
10th October 2004, 09:26 AM
This concept lost interest before, and Kev stopped taking down the scores.

Are we starting the discussions all over again? :roll:

Eag's
10th October 2004, 10:58 AM
I think 2 OZ Golfers is enough, but as others have said, it has to be at a variety of courses.

Jono
11th October 2004, 04:26 AM
How about this?

Minimum 2 Ozgolfers.

Maximum 50% of the games at the home course. (This will prevent two ozgolfers at the same club posting all their weekend scores)

As Blakey suggested, we start at Ozgolf Champs so that awards can be presented at the following Ozgolf Championships.

AndyP
11th October 2004, 07:16 AM
If Golftrack is being used to record our scores, what happens to the people that actually use Golftrack as their regular score tracker (don't know if there are any) ?

amanda
11th October 2004, 07:46 AM
Good point AndyP - as I fall into that category. Maybe I will have to create a specific username just for the OzGolf stuff.

Fishman Dan
11th October 2004, 09:12 AM
Ok, this thing officially $hits me. I've taken 1.5 hours to register, log in, enter my course (only to find it's in there) and recall my horrendous round last weekend, only to find it's not on display for you lot.

Anyone using this religiously?

In fact, looking more it doesn't appear it's saved my score.. Getting all sorts of errors on the pages such as;

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'
Type mismatch: 'UBound'

I think i'll stick to IntelliGolf.

amanda
11th October 2004, 09:59 AM
Fishy - I'm a regular user and haven't had any huge problems. I did have to add the red markers to my course - which was tricky - but other than that, no probs.

Fishman Dan
11th October 2004, 10:02 AM
Seems like i've lost all this mornings hard work. Once i get bitten by these things, i tend not to get back on ;)

Jarro
11th October 2004, 01:02 PM
I've never had any problems with it Fishy.

Fishman Dan
11th October 2004, 01:04 PM

Does it track what driver you put into your bag that morning? ;) :lol:

Jarro
11th October 2004, 01:11 PM

Does it track what driver you put into your bag that morning? ;) :lol:

Hardy Har Har :roll:

for your info.. i only own 1 driver at present... with 1 on the way :wink:

markTHEblake
11th October 2004, 01:49 PM
Just had a good look at gametrack, its ok for individuals but useless for the group. All it does it list the names in order from lowest handicap to the highest.

The way we are thinking of doing this its still going to come back to one person collating all the scores, from either the Forum or Gametrack.

Anyway Are we not putting the cart before the horse? Perhaps we should work out how the POTY will work first and then find a system/sucker to manage it?.

There is probably 3 ways of doing it;

(a) Points per game and place, 10 players, = 1st 10 pts, 2nd 9 pts, last 1pt. plus add some bonus points for first place.

(b) overall Stroke average

(c) best 3 scores for the year.

I like A becuase it rewards the players who participate the most.

Jarro
11th October 2004, 02:02 PM
sounds good Blakey.

i nominate you to be the scorer :wink:

AndyP
11th October 2004, 02:03 PM
And punishes those that don't have the opportunity to play with other OZgolfers.

Jarro
11th October 2004, 02:15 PM
And punishes those that don't have the opportunity to play with other OZgolfers.

only takes 2 people to make an Ozgolf day :roll:

haven't you got any friends :?:

AndyP
11th October 2004, 02:30 PM

only takes 2 people to make an Ozgolf day :roll:

haven't you got any friends :?:

1. Read option A, doofus. :P The most points they will be able to make in a round is 2, dependent on bonus points. Brisbane OZgolfers will have plenty of opportunities to make more than that.

2. I have stated several times, that I don't have friends. Would I spend time chatting to you gumbis otherwise. Thanks for rubbing it in. :mrgreen:

Jarro
11th October 2004, 03:10 PM
The most points they will be able to make in a round is 2, dependent on bonus points. Brisbane OZgolfers will have plenty of opportunities to make more than that.

looks like you're gonna have to make an effort to get to some of these events then aren't ya :roll:

.. and cut out the sooking :P you're not the only one that has to travel to get to these Ozgolf days :-({|=

AndyP
11th October 2004, 03:38 PM
The most points they will be able to make in a round is 2, dependent on bonus points. Brisbane OZgolfers will have plenty of opportunities to make more than that.

looks like you're gonna have to make an effort to get to some of these events then aren't ya :roll:

.. and cut out the sooking :P you're not the only one that has to travel to get to these Ozgolf days :-({|=
What are you talking about? :?
I'm not referring to me in these posts. :roll: Nth Qlders, Toowoombians, Melbournians, etc.

I'll be at plenty of OZgolf days. 8)

markTHEblake
11th October 2004, 04:03 PM
We cant please all of the people all of the time.

If we read back a page or so, we dont want the guys from Woop Woop to play the same course all the time, now we we want to be fair to those same people.

So in both cases the solution is the Woop Woop-ites have to either travel or be encouraged to grow their local membership. Either way thats good for Ozgolf.

Andy, you said everybody lost interest in Onewoods plan. but nobody else had to be interested, he said he will work out the scores himself. has anyone actually asked him? Where the hell is he anyway.

Jarro
11th October 2004, 04:41 PM
for all the good idea's you have Blakey.....

.. your ability to get out of actually doing anything about them amazes me :?

Iain
11th October 2004, 04:55 PM

As opposed to you who comes up with no ideas and lets other people organise everything..... :roll:

Jarro
11th October 2004, 05:06 PM

As opposed to you who comes up with no ideas and lets other people organise everything..... :roll:

steady eddy, haven't heard gems springing forth from your gob :roll:

Iain
11th October 2004, 05:13 PM

steady eddy, haven't heard gems springing forth from your gob :roll:
But I haven't been nominating people to organise stuff, have I Peach Fuzz..... :wink:

markTHEblake
11th October 2004, 05:19 PM

I dont know what you are talking about ?

Iain
11th October 2004, 05:23 PM

It's ok, no-one does.

Kinda like another High poster on this site..... :wink:

Speirsy11
11th October 2004, 05:42 PM
Deep breath everyone.....it's only Golf and the Internet.....

Iain
11th October 2004, 06:07 PM
Deep breath everyone.....it's only Golf and the Internet.....
:wink:

AndyP
12th October 2004, 09:28 AM
It's ok, no-one does.
Kinda like another High poster on this site..... :wink:
Is that a crack at me out of nowhere?
Please explain. :neutral:

Ona
10th January 2005, 10:58 PM
is this thing still getting used?

AndyP
10th January 2005, 11:37 PM
Yes. Speirsy, A-Lo, Kee, Mau and myself appear to be using Gametrack at the moment.

There is an OZgolf group. Would you like an invitation? :wink:

990B Luva
11th January 2005, 12:20 PM
hell i would use it except i havent played a comp in over 3 months :oops:

Jarro
11th January 2005, 12:35 PM
i'm still using it too, but i wiped all my rounds out of it at the start of this year ... i'm going to start afresh :roll:

I'm going to try and use the stat facility as well, for every round i play .... see what the numbers tell me :wink:

Ona
11th January 2005, 04:42 PM
joined 8)

had some stats from last year but ive ditched em.

Im not a member anywhere, so dont enter comps. Mainly play one track and its a par 66. If anyone doesnt like that.. tuff :twisted:

:D

markTHEblake
11th January 2005, 09:26 PM
i'm still using it too, but i wiped all my rounds out of it at the start of this year ... i'm going to start afresh

2004 that bad huh?

wish i could do that with double bogies.

davidp
11th January 2005, 09:33 PM
Finally got my act together and registered. My login for this is johnnyjava.

Have to start tracking my rounds in detail now... :roll:

Onewood
11th January 2005, 09:36 PM
Finally got my act together and registered.

Can you post the link please david :P

davidp
11th January 2005, 11:14 PM
Finally got my act together and registered.

Can you post the link please david :P

Onewood, you'll have to register first with freegolfinfo:

www.freegolfinfo.com

Then go to the GameTrack link under MyGame or there are other links to it throughout the site.

Group id is on page 1 of this thread. Password is par

There should be course details for most courses in SE Qld, don't know about Royal Logan though. :wink:

Jarro
12th January 2005, 05:22 AM
i'm still using it too, but i wiped all my rounds out of it at the start of this year ... i'm going to start afresh

2004 that bad huh?

wish i could do that with double bogies.

it wasn't that my rounds were all bad, i had some good ones in there :wink:

it's just that i wanted to use the stats facility for every round i put into Gametrack, something i hadn't been doing for the couple of years i was using the program.

AndyP
12th January 2005, 08:11 AM
There should be course details for most courses in SE Qld, don't know about Royal Logan though. :wink:
Logan is definitely there, as Kee and A-Lo use it.

Some course details have slight errors, but these can be fixed if you request it.

Onewood
12th January 2005, 08:30 AM
OK I'm there 8) my login for this one is Handicaper :roll: (joined in 2003)

Why does it say we have 23 members and only 10 come up on the leader board :roll:

Onewood
12th January 2005, 09:17 AM
Why does it say we have 23 members and only 10 come up on the leader board :roll:
It's OK I worked it out all on my own 8) I archived my rounds and it took me off the scoreboard :D Strange that hey :lol: :lol:

AndyP
12th January 2005, 09:28 AM
It's OK I worked it out all on my own 8) I archived my rounds and it took me off the scoreboard :D Strange that hey :lol: :lol:
Sorry Kev, I didn't realise it was a serious question. Your emoticons mislead me again.

I didn't know you could archive your scores though.
Jarro, did you archive or delete yours?

Onewood
12th January 2005, 09:33 AM
I didn't know you could archive your scores though.

Archive under options 8)

markTHEblake
12th January 2005, 09:49 AM
[quote=Onewood]

i joined because someone said we could track all our Ozgolf games in it, but the system doesnt do what we were thinking about.

and i never put in any scores becuase i have my own program to do that., which has about 5 years stats in it. i cant be stuffed putting some scores in once let alone twice.

Jarro
12th January 2005, 12:25 PM

deleted them :roll:

wanted to start afresh this year, and keep stats for every round i play 8)

Jarro
12th January 2005, 12:28 PM
i joined because someone said we could track all our Ozgolf games in it, but the system doesnt do what we were thinking about.

What doesn't it do that you thought it would :?:

I think it works pretty well, everbody could sign up ... and we can track how everyone is doing 8)

What more do you want. :smt017

amanda
12th January 2005, 12:51 PM
I have to get back into this. First game this year is on Sunday - I'm not quite as excited about playing golf again as I think I should - must be just the withdrawl symptoms playing up on me :wink:

Jarro
12th January 2005, 12:55 PM
First game this year is on Sunday - I'm not quite as excited about playing golf again as I think I should

:o

Amanda, i think you'd better get Brad to give you a couple of slaps around the face, you need to wake up girl :!:

AndyP
12th January 2005, 12:55 PM

What doesn't it do that you thought it would :?:

I think it works pretty well, everbody could sign up ... and we can track how everyone is doing 8)

What more do you want. :smt017

Just had a good look at gametrack, its ok for individuals but useless for the group. All it does it list the names in order from lowest handicap to the highest.
It was initially intended to track the POTY scores, but couldn't do this because some members used it for their stats outside of OZgolf days.

Is this thread going around in circles? :smt120 ;)

Onewood
12th January 2005, 08:42 PM
Jarro, Just checking your stats today :? why on 10 & 12 have you got a GIR and U&D ticked :?

markTHEblake
12th January 2005, 11:25 PM
It was initially intended to track the POTY scores, but couldn't do this because some members used it for their stats outside of OZgolf days.

from memory it doesnt track scores at all- so its pointless for any kind of leaderboard.

Jarro
13th January 2005, 03:04 AM
Jarro, Just checking your stats today :? why on 10 & 12 have you got a GIR and U&D ticked :?

um.... not sure there :? i'll check it out 8)

Onewood
13th January 2005, 05:53 PM

um.... not sure there :? i'll check it out 8)

:lol: :lol: Did it hit the green (GIR) and roll off the back :lol: :lol:

McMw
13th January 2005, 06:21 PM
how abt 2 shots close to the par 5...up and down (gir) for the birdie???

Onewood
13th January 2005, 07:00 PM
how abt 2 shots close to the par 5...up and down (gir) for the birdie???

NO you can't have a U&D and a GIR :roll: thems the rules :D

Jarro
14th January 2005, 12:54 AM
all fixed :wink:

just for you Kev :lol:

Onewood
14th January 2005, 07:36 AM
all fixed :wink:

just for you Kev :lol:

:lol: thanks Jarro, just thinking of you :D can't have you practicing the wrong thing :wink:

Jarro
14th January 2005, 07:39 PM
Onewood ...

.. where are all your scores :smt017

Onewood
14th January 2005, 07:45 PM
Onewood ...

.. where are all your scores :smt017

They where from 2003 so I archived them :wink: I've got a Game from Brooky today to update.

Onewood
14th January 2005, 10:14 PM
Brooky score updated,

Jarro, have they got any fairways on the front nine, on the south course or are they just hidden, coz I see you could'nt find one today :oops:

Ona
14th January 2005, 11:04 PM
Onewood :smt017

71% fairways, 28% greens.. :shock: :twisted:

\:D/

Onewood
14th January 2005, 11:40 PM
Onewood :smt017

71% fairways, 28% greens.. :shock: :twisted:

\:D/

greens where a bit firm...actually hit some good second shots over the pin...yeh but at 28% no wonder there was no Birds :oops: :cry:

Onewood
16th January 2005, 07:33 PM
Jarro, I see you drove the par 4 7th at vic park 8) how long was the eagle putt.

Gee you had an up and down round :roll: only 4 pars but 3 birds :P and some shite inbetween :lol: :lol:

Jarro
16th January 2005, 08:10 PM
Jarro, I see you drove the par 4 7th at vic park 8) how long was the eagle putt.

Gee you had an up and down round :roll: only 4 pars but 3 birds :P and some shite inbetween :lol: :lol:

from memory the 7th was around 250 meters, all downhill. Flew it to just short where it rolled to about 20 feet. Big right to left putt that i left about 2 foot short :oops:

McMw
16th January 2005, 09:44 PM
nice work jarro...hcp of 3.84... :wink:

Jarro
17th January 2005, 05:09 AM
nice work jarro...hcp of 3.84... :wink:

only 3 rounds entered mate .... early days yet :wink: :lol:

Onewood
17th January 2005, 06:57 AM
Mau, thank you for the easy link in your sig 8) all I have to do now is find one of your post, and thats not to hard :D and it take me straight to my home page 8)

I see you don't keep U&D stats, reason being please :?: :D

AndyP
17th January 2005, 08:30 AM
You are a bit of a sticky-beak aren't you, Kev? ;) Are you keeping an eye on all of us?

McMw
17th January 2005, 10:00 AM
I see you don't keep U&D stats, reason being please

prob becoz I don't know if a 2nd chip up and down is an "up and down", or if the duffed first chip was one...

Onewood
17th January 2005, 12:05 PM
I see you don't keep U&D stats, reason being please

prob becoz I don't know if a 2nd chip up and down is an "up and down", or if the duffed first chip was one...

I put mine down as a failed u&d for a duffed chip :wink:

AP, gotta keep an eye on the opposition :D

Jarro
17th January 2005, 03:33 PM
You are a bit of a sticky-beak aren't you, Kev? ;) Are you keeping an eye on all of us?

LOOK WHO'S BLOODY TALKING :!: :!:

AndyP
17th January 2005, 03:35 PM
What!? I haven't been looking at your rounds in detail. :?
There's no need to shout.

Jarro
17th January 2005, 03:36 PM

yeah right :roll:

AndyP
17th January 2005, 03:39 PM

yeah right :roll:
The only thing I look at it, is whether AndyLo has had another 4 putt. :mrgreen:

Jarro
25th January 2005, 05:33 AM
good to see there's a few of us using this now 8)

... let's everyone know how we're getting along with our game, plus gives us a little more to talk about :roll: :lol:

Onewood
25th January 2005, 07:06 AM
My home page graph is looking good so far 83, 76, 75 the line is going down only, no ups yet. 8)

Can we look at each others home page with the graph?

Jarro
25th January 2005, 07:18 AM
maybe those of us here that use Gametrack could post a link to our homepage there ..... so everyone can see our "graphs" :wink:

Trung
25th January 2005, 10:21 AM
Joined Game Track
only just read this thread :oops: :oops: :oops:

All my scores are from the 1st Jan 2005 only.

Game Track's HCP is a bit out of wack compare to my manageable 8hcp :D

Jarro
25th January 2005, 10:57 AM
doesn't take long to work itself out Trungie 8)

after 3 rounds this year my Hcp was 3.84 ..... after 4 rounds it's 7.84 :roll:

Trung
25th January 2005, 11:21 AM
doesn't take long to work itself out Trungie 8)

after 3 rounds this year my Hcp was 3.84 ..... after 4 rounds it's 7.84 :roll:

Playing a pitt and putt golf course doesn't help your cause Jarro :twisted:

Onewood
25th January 2005, 01:34 PM
maybe those of us here that use Gametrack could post a link to our homepage there ..... so everyone can see our "graphs" :wink:

Mau, has his in his sig, but when you click on it..it goes straight to my home page... so I'm not sure if we can....maybe have to send them a email...

McMw
25th January 2005, 01:40 PM
not there anymore coz the size limitation of the signature meant I had to cut that link away...not happy... :roll:

Onewood
25th January 2005, 03:42 PM
not there anymore coz the size limitation of the signature meant I had to cut that link away...not happy... :roll:

Get rid of the cheapie putter and it will fit :wink: nothing to write home about anyway by the sound of it :D

That was my short cut to the site, so put it back :D

Eag's
11th February 2005, 01:59 PM
# 18-Hole Rds: 5
Avg Score: 85.6
Low Round: 82
High Round: 91
Avg Driv Dist: 0

Scoring Averages
Par 3 Avg: 3.57
Par 4 Avg: 5
Par 5 Avg: 5.57
Avg Putts/Rd: 34
Avg Putts/Hole: 1.89
Avg Putts/GIR: 2.2
Avg Greens/Rd: 5.2

Skill Categories
% Fairways/Rd: 46.4%
% Greens/Rd: 28.9%
% Up/Downs: 30.2%
% Sand Saves: 50%
Penalties/Rd: 1

Not all that great when you break it all down, but it will improve sharply over the year :wink:

McMw
11th February 2005, 04:29 PM
any idea on how to edit the scoring trend chart to show more than just the last 10 18-hole-rounds???

Jarro
11th February 2005, 07:03 PM
i'm not sure that you can McMw :?

Onewood
9th March 2005, 01:59 PM
Avg Putts/Rd: 30.5
Avg Putts/Hole: 1.69
Avg Putts/GIR: 2
Avg Greens/Rd: 8.2

Skill Categories
% Fairways/Rd: 70.2%
% Greens/Rd: 45.6%
% Up/Downs: 59.8%
% Sand Saves: 25%

After todays round

Fairways looking good
putting OK :shock:
U/D's dropped from 65%
More chipping practice needed :roll:

Sand saves :-k wonder what course that was :D

Jarro
10th March 2005, 05:45 AM
Stats Overview

# 18-Hole Rds: 13
Avg Score: 82.15
Low Round: 74
High Round: 87
Avg Driv Dist: 0

Scoring Averages
Par 3 Avg: 3.6
Par 4 Avg: 4.7
Par 5 Avg: 5.58
Avg Putts/Rd: 30.92
Avg Putts/Hole: 1.72
Avg Putts/GIR: 2
Avg Greens/Rd: 5.83

Skill Categories
% Fairways/Rd: 42.2%
% Greens/Rd: 32.4%
% Up/Downs: 43.8%
% Sand Saves: 6.7%
Penalties/Rd: 1.58

AndyP
10th March 2005, 09:10 AM
I archived some of the older rounds, and have reset the stats from the start of 2005, as a few of you have done.

Stats Overview
Gametrack H/C: 12.16
# 18-Hole Rds: 7
Avg Score: 86.43
Low Round: 79 Would love to see this get much lower
High Round: 94

Scoring Averages
Par 3 Avg: 3.84
Par 4 Avg: 5.01 Would like to see this come down under bogey avg
Par 5 Avg: 5.57
Avg Putts/Rd: 34 Depending on what courses I play, I would expect this to come down a little
Avg Putts/Hole: 1.88
Avg Putts/GIR: 2.2 Would be more of a reflection on where my approaches land, not my putting
Avg Greens/Rd: 6

Skill Categories
% Fairways/Rd: 39.8%
% Greens/Rd: 33.3%
% Up/Downs: 36.2%
% Sand Saves: 22.2% This stat is a bit flattering
Penalties/Rd: 2.12 Changed to McMw's method to reflect who much I have actually been penalised on a hole

Ona
10th March 2005, 11:36 AM
dont we have a thread for all our stats somewhere?

keep in mind this is mostly from a short and simple track. most stas are improving i think.
# 18-Hole Rds: 8

Scoring Averages
Par 3 Avg: 3.35
Par 4 Avg: 4.43
Par 5 Avg: 4.74
Avg Putts/Rd: 32.5
Avg Putts/Hole: 1.81
Avg Putts/GIR: 1.9
Avg Greens/Rd: 9.5

Skill Categories
% Fairways/Rd: 55.1%
% Greens/Rd: 52.8%
% Up/Downs: 35.7%
% Sand Saves: 14.3%

given the course, I should be hitting a very high % of fairways and at least 12 GIR. looking to see the U/D % to climb steadily, touch wood.

Onewood
13th March 2005, 10:35 PM
Tezza, Help, theres no Windaroo Lakes in the gametrack site....can you send me a copy of the card so I can put one in 8)

cheers

terryand
14th March 2005, 07:28 AM
Tezza, Help, theres no Windaroo Lakes in the gametrack site....can you send me a copy of the card so I can put one in 8)

cheers

I'll get one on Saturday and give it to you on Sunday.

Terry.

AndyP
14th March 2005, 08:35 AM
Kev, I entered a round for Windaroo in December (and what a round it was-104). Check under Windaroo, instead of Windaroo Lakes. You could then send a message to FGI to edit the course name.

I had to enter the details for Hills International yesterday. Would have thought it would already be in there.

Jarro
31st December 2005, 06:51 AM
i've just archived all my rounds from 2005 .. seeing as though i won't get to play any more rounds this year :roll:

I'm looking forward to attaining better stats in 2006 :wink:

AndyP
31st December 2005, 07:10 AM
As I mentioned in Gametrack, I have changed my stats to a rolling 6 month period now, and archive anything that is older, so it gives a reflection of how I have been doing more recently.

Jarro
31st December 2005, 07:13 AM
no thought of doing it on a yearly basis :?:

AndyP
31st December 2005, 07:28 AM
no thought of doing it on a yearly basis :?:
No, too long. My golf isn't the same as what it was in Jan/Feb.

6 months gives me a look at my more recent form, while being a long enough period to have enough rounds for the stats to mean something.

Jarro
31st December 2005, 07:44 AM
i'm thinking of just entering comp rounds into the system next year.

i wanna see how the stats reflect the pressures of comp golf.

Also, by looking at where i've played this year gone, i'm going to play more at my home course 8)

AndyP
31st December 2005, 07:49 AM
i'm thinking of just entering comp rounds into the system next year.

i wanna see how the stats reflect the pressures of comp golf.

Yep, I made the same decision in August. I included the OZgolf Champs as a comp though, because that's pressure at the highest level......

Helps you to not take social rounds so seriously too, if you aren't worrying about stats and results.

Eag's
1st January 2006, 10:25 AM
I have archived my rounds from 2005 so ready for a fresh start to the new year :)
Iike Jarro, I am going to try and play the majority of my golf at my home course Virginia this year 8) I am going to half my Oz golf days as well.

AndyP
1st January 2006, 03:56 PM
Iike Jarro, I am going to try and play the majority of my golf at my home course Virginia this year :cool: I am going to half my Oz golf days as well.

Elitist snobs.

Jarro
1st January 2006, 04:11 PM
Iike Jarro, I am going to try and play the majority of my golf at my home course Virginia this year  :cool: I am going to half my Oz golf days as well.

Elitist snobs.

doesn't mean that we won't be playing ANY games away from our home courses :roll:

Ona
2nd January 2006, 04:26 PM
I have changed my stats to a rolling 6 month period now
I like that. I'll keep mine to either a 20 game or six month period, whichever is sooner. I'll do that after getting rid of all the 05 rounds :roll:

McMw
5th January 2006, 01:36 PM
archieved all my 2004/2005 rounds, and am in the process of deleting all my 9 hole scores off the system...

GT tells me I need 2 rounds in the system before I get a "06" hcp... :roll:

AndyP
6th January 2006, 07:59 PM
Has anyone done an amendment of course info on Gametrack lately?

I tried to amend the 1st & 18th info for Maryborough GC because it was wrong well over a week ago, and haven't heard back from FGI.

drunken
9th January 2006, 07:32 AM
I'd think they are probably on holidays.....

Grunt
28th September 2006, 05:37 AM
How many of us still use GameTrack? Have started to use it once more.
The Tap In golf Stats Program I used when I played regularly @ Mac Grange is only good for the same course. It does not group scores from different courses together, so you end up getting 5 or 6 different groups of stats. It is good for course managment but not for game tracking.

Jarro
28th September 2006, 05:40 AM
i'm still using it. Haven't put any stats in for a little while because i haven't really kept any :roll:

Once i get back to playing regular comps at Nudgee i'll be putting them in for sure.

AndyP
28th September 2006, 05:49 AM
I still put my stats in it for comp/serious rounds, as evidenced by my 109 entered earlier this year. I also still archive any round from more than 6 months ago.

My handicap in it is down to it's lowest, and I'm pretty happy with some of the trends of some of the stats.

McMw
28th September 2006, 08:59 AM
still using it...scrapped my excel chart last year...
only keep stats on 18 holers now for my home course...
pretty good idea of how I'm tracking...
good thing (I think for the first time this year) is that my last 10 rounds, nothing worse than 77, at least no 80s... :lol:

9 holers now are just time away from home and office... :mrgreen:

Grunt
22nd September 2007, 03:45 PM
How many of us are still using this? I find it the best stats tracking program that is free still. Is there a better one on the net now?

markTHEblake
22nd September 2007, 03:55 PM
Still using Gstat Pro got about 7 years of data in there now :-)

AndyP
22nd September 2007, 09:03 PM
How many of us are still using this? I find it the best stats tracking program that is free still. Is there a better one on the net now?I am still using it, although the errors it has annoys the shit out of me.

Jarro
23rd September 2007, 12:31 AM
I haven't used it for ages now, couldn't be bothered keeping crappy stats any more :roll:

jimandr
23rd September 2007, 10:01 PM
I'm using it, but more out of habit than for any useful reason.

I just wish I had a really good round to enter into it. All my stats just seem to slowly get worse, except putts per GIR. It took 57 rounds to get that one back to 2.0.