PDA

View Full Version : Sonartec

Anonymous
2nd October 2004, 05:56 AM
Where in Oz can I buy or preferably test these clubs? I am keen to get my hands on the NP-99 13* 3 wood. On eBay the prices fluctuate a fair bit and most seem to come with a stiff or firm shaft where as I'd want regular. I realise you can change the shaft but would like to get a comparison with Australian prices.
Cheers

Jarro
2nd October 2004, 07:20 AM
Where in Oz can I buy or preferably test these clubs? I am keen to get my hands on the NP-99 13* 3 wood. On eBay the prices fluctuate a fair bit and most seem to come with a stiff or firm shaft where as I'd want regular. I realise you can change the shaft but would like to get a comparison with Australian prices.
Cheers

where abouts in Oz are ya Chucky :?:

Anonymous
2nd October 2004, 07:39 AM
:oops: Sydney

Jarro
2nd October 2004, 07:45 AM
:oops: Sydney

OK. well i can't help you there, sorry :( I'm in Brisbane, as a lot of people here are. There's a few guys on the boards here from Sydney... maybe some of them will be able to help you out :)

FWIW, i've hit the NP-99 and they are great clubs. Haven't hit the 13* though.. just a 15*. It was plenty long off the tee.. looked great with the blue NV shaft too 8)

Good luck :)

amanda
2nd October 2004, 02:23 PM
Hi Chucky,

House of Golf at Sydney Olympic Park stock Sonartec - do demo a club you buy some golf balls and the range and leave your drivers licence with the HoG guys.

A good idea is to take a friend - that way they can mind your golf balls & driving range bay while you're going back and forth demoing gear.

Anonymous
7th October 2004, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the advice guys/girls. I have bought an NP-99 but it has been sitting in Canada for nearly 3 days. The UPS tracking system says "exception". What the hell does that mean? :twisted: Delivery in 1-3 days they said. It's now been 5. :cry:

McMw
7th October 2004, 01:37 PM
why don't you click on the DETAIL link - it'll tell you what the exception is for...

usually it's a plane delay... (in my case anyway)

3oneday
7th October 2004, 02:25 PM
Chucky,

Clicking details may say Customs delay or something, but not the full picture..... Exception relates to US or Canadian customs grabbing it on the way out. One guy at UPS said to me that it was because they had never seen my name before, and that it would now come on one of the UPS flights rather than a commercial one. Someone else at UPS pooh poohed that suggestion, but the very next thing on the next day was delayed as well. 2 weeks later another item got here in 3 days, so I reckon the first fella was right.

What value did they put on it ?? if it is more than $250 Australian, you will be up for a customs assessment fee of $45 odd bucks plus GST on the AUD purchase price. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news if this is the case.

Pete