PDA

View Full Version : What is OzGolf?

Grunt
18th October 2007, 06:59 PM
Question for you all.

What is OzGolf about to you?

I have totally lost what this place is about. I thought it was for us all to share and enjoy our golf experiences, Report a good golf day, sell a club, organise a game. Does not seem to be the case any more.

I am not sure what it is but as a fellow OzGolfer told me, NSW OzGolf has turned into a bunch of people they associate with rather than a bunch of mates, he noted that the QLDer's seem to come across as mates. I think he is right. Let's hope the champs re associates that belief and we go back to the golf site that Goughy, Jaster & others set up.

Jono
18th October 2007, 07:05 PM
This thread is too serious to be on Ozgolf ...

;)

:lol:

terryand
18th October 2007, 07:12 PM
Don't worry Grunt, I will treat you like a associate and not a mate when see you at the Champs ;)

Just to make you feel at home :-s

Terry.

Fishman Dan
18th October 2007, 07:19 PM
Move to QLD.

Grunt
18th October 2007, 07:21 PM
Move to QLD.

Sounds good

mikezone13
18th October 2007, 07:24 PM
Is this a cry for help or your feminine side coming out? If it's the later take fishy's advice ;) :D

kpac
18th October 2007, 07:29 PM
Most the qldlanders i've met and thus now associate with them as mates, don't have anything against members from anywhere else, you blokes/lady's seem allright too....

AndyP
18th October 2007, 07:38 PM
OZgolf is whatever you want it to be.

mikezone13
18th October 2007, 07:51 PM
OZgolf is whatever you want it to be.

Is that post a shit stir AP? ;)

AndyP
18th October 2007, 07:53 PM
It's whatever you want it to be.

W.T.E.

markTHEblake
18th October 2007, 08:01 PM
Its the modern 19th hole. Very few golfers hang around the clubhouse drinking themselves into oblivion anymore.

mikezone13
18th October 2007, 08:21 PM
Its the modern 19th hole. Very few golfers hang around the clubhouse drinking themselves into oblivion anymore.

Come to my track mate, there's guys that start BEFORE their round.

BrisVegas
18th October 2007, 08:44 PM
ozgolf is my support group.

thankyou all very much for making me feel normal.

PeteyD
18th October 2007, 08:45 PM
My name is Pete and I am thinking of becoming a golfer ... :D

Jarro
18th October 2007, 08:48 PM
OzGolf is a pain in the arse

markTHEblake
18th October 2007, 08:49 PM
ozgolf is my support group.

thankyou all very much for making me feel normal.

without being personal, I don't appreciate being labelled a mental case.

It shows a distinct lack of class and knowledge.....

shazza_rs
18th October 2007, 08:52 PM
shit dont start that crap again....

just
18th October 2007, 08:55 PM
shit dont start that crap again....

Which bit?

BrisVegas
18th October 2007, 08:55 PM
heheheheh. i took it as a joke. i've learned my lesson after today's proshop kerfuffle.

let's all just have a big group hug. i love youse guys.

BrisVegas
18th October 2007, 08:57 PM
damn, and I thought I would have been the first person to use the word kerfuffle!

http://ozgolf.net/forums/search.php?searchid=333443 :shock:

Eag's
18th October 2007, 08:58 PM
heheheheh. i took it as a joke. i've learned my lesson after today's proshop kerfuffle.

Always new you were a big softy ;)

BrisVegas
18th October 2007, 09:00 PM
bigger and softer by the day mate....:oops:

Webster
18th October 2007, 09:06 PM
I thought Ozgolf was where you went to escape all the bullies from ISG?

Jarro
18th October 2007, 09:07 PM
That's called "The Pub" Jack

BrisVegas
18th October 2007, 09:10 PM
you know what they say about bullies...

they usually have the biggest insecurities. :wink:

Jarro
18th October 2007, 09:14 PM
... along with multiple personalities

AndyP
18th October 2007, 09:20 PM
damn, and I thought I would have been the first person to use the word kerfuffle!

http://ozgolf.net/forums/search.php?searchid=333443 :shock:
Wow! I was thinking g69 before I clicked on the link.

Courty
18th October 2007, 09:31 PM
OZgolf:

australian golfers getting together to discuss and arrange games, sell clubs and talk about golf

markTHEblake
18th October 2007, 09:35 PM

poof.

AndyP
18th October 2007, 09:36 PM
australian golfers getting together to discuss and arrange games, sell clubs and talk about golfThen who the **** invited mikezone?

Grunt
18th October 2007, 09:38 PM
Then who the **** invited mikezone?

Trung Did! I was there.

BrisVegas
18th October 2007, 09:43 PM
poof.

broker.

mikezone13
18th October 2007, 09:44 PM
haha... the words were "australian golfers" not just "australians" ;)

Trung
19th October 2007, 01:05 AM
Trung Did! I was there.

Ok, "yellow" card for me?

10 mins in the sin bin? :mrgreen:

Trung
19th October 2007, 01:07 AM
Question for you all.

I like to come here, stir Grunt up so he can start start a thread such as this one. :mrgreen:

miro
19th October 2007, 08:20 AM
Question for you all.

I have totally lost what this place is about. I thought it was for us all to share and enjoy our golf experiences, Report a good golf day, sell a club, organise a game. Does not seem to be the case any more.

I am not sure what it is but as a fellow OzGolfer told me, NSW OzGolf has turned into a bunch of people they associate with rather than a bunch of mates, he noted that the QLDer's seem to come across as mates. I think he is right. Let's hope the champs re associates that belief and we go back to the golf site that Goughy, Jaster & others set up.

Thats an interesting thought and for me a bit of a surpirse coming from Grunt who not so long ago went through a difficult personal period and was "difficult" to many on this site. Everyone here stood by your side mate knowing what you were going through and I remember reading your post saying thanks when you came out the other side.

We don't need to be playing golf or drinking beer with each other every week for this to be a great community and a great group of individuals.

dc68
19th October 2007, 09:02 AM

:-s

Come to my track mate, there's guys that start BEFORE their round.

:smt023

poidda
19th October 2007, 09:25 AM
I jump on the site to find a post from 69er. It always puts into perpective that things could always be worse for me! ;)

Fishman Dan
19th October 2007, 10:24 AM
Thats an interesting thought and for me a bit of a surpirse coming from Grunt who not so long ago went through a difficult personal period and was "difficult" to many on this site. Everyone here stood by your side mate knowing what you were going through and I remember reading your post saying thanks when you came out the other side.

We don't need to be playing golf or drinking beer with each other every week for this to be a great community and a great group of individuals.

This thread exists because Grant openly puts his golf discoveries out for comment. People comment (constructively and otherwise) and they are interpreted as unwanted and unhelpful advice. There's nothing wrong with that, that's what forums are for.

This saga with the latest lesson is testament to that. There isn't one person who suggested "stick with your current coach". What's he doing? Sticking with the current coach.

Case in point. Again. This isn't the first thread like this (AP will provide the search I'm sure).

It's just a game mate.

markTHEblake
19th October 2007, 10:42 AM
Ok, who stole Fishmans ozgolf password.