PDA

View Full Version : How's your balls...

terryand
18th October 2007, 09:13 AM
I have some Pro V's that I bought last year and still have a heap left. can and do they lose there zing or should they still be alright.

Has anyone else had old balls for a long period of time and how did they go when you used them.

Terry.

mikezone13
18th October 2007, 09:32 AM
Ask g69, he's had old balls for a long period of time.... ;)

Iain
18th October 2007, 10:04 AM
I don't think so Tez.

markTHEblake
18th October 2007, 10:34 AM
They go yellow after a while.

Fishman Dan
18th October 2007, 10:59 AM
Leave them in a bath for a month and sell them to Jarro as AAA+++.

moree golfer
18th October 2007, 11:22 AM
I keep new balls in the fridge. Dunno if it does anything but I know they'll be fresh. I usually defrost them for an hour before putting them in play.

markTHEblake
18th October 2007, 11:23 AM
Mate, I am thinking thats the worse thing you could do.

unless it takes much less than one hour to return to room temperture.

peter_rs
18th October 2007, 11:52 AM
alo have you tested this ;)

BrisVegas
18th October 2007, 11:59 AM
I don't know how true it is, but I heard (from Mark Deadman aka brookwaterballs) that they lose their "zing" if submerged for too long. He says he buys non "lake-balls" for specifically that reason.

markTHEblake
18th October 2007, 12:24 PM
My water ball guy confirms that to be true, and i beleve the industry acknowledges this, but he said that water balls are NEVER in the water long enough to be a problem - they dive at courses like Sanctuary Cove at least twice a week.

Courty
18th October 2007, 04:59 PM
My water ball guy confirms that to be true, and i beleve the industry acknowledges this, but he said that water balls are NEVER in the water long enough to be a problem - they dive at courses like Sanctuary Cove at least twice a week.

I've been told that the damage is done inside 24 hours of being submerged...