PDA

View Full Version : RFC: Proprosed Ozgolf Proshop rating method.

markTHEblake
17th October 2007, 10:12 PM
Request for Comments: Proposed Ozgolf Pro Shop Rating method.

I hereby submit the following Rating method to be adopted as mandatory for all sales in the Pro Shop.

This is an RFC (Request for Comments). Please update, revise or comment on said proposal before formal voting takes place.

7. 3oneday : Brand Spanking new, still in plastic. Bought 5 of the same model , knowing can sell the other 4 to the Ozgolf suckers for a nice markup enough to cover the cost of mine - cool a free golf club

6. Gazgolf : Virtually new, but can see slight markings and stains if viewed under margnfying glass. Couldnt decide which driver to get, so bought 3 different ones. Havent been used except for practice swings in the backyard, posing for topless pics, and sleeping with em. Mrs found out now have to sell them all. Just wants to get what he paid for em.

5. Nudgee: Some signs of use but still in pristine condition. Always tour gear and never used for more than 3 rounds, needs to be turned over quickly becuase another container load is on its way.

4. Jarro: Very good condition, shows normal signs of use. Extremely well cared for, always handled with gloves, and silk lined iron covers, and always hit softly. Stored indoors in thermostat controlled moisture free room. No signs of abuse, always Mr Sheened - sparkly.

3. AndlyLo: shows frequent use; about 40,000 range ballls hitted in the last 6 months. worn soles, blemished clubface, random wear marks on the face, some nappy stains

2. Blake: well worn but still a great performer, has hit some rocks, several shafts bent or replaced, never cared for, never cleaned, custom fit for original owner which means they are useless to you

1. Jack's ex: nobody wants to go there

Fishman Dan
17th October 2007, 10:14 PM
Worst thread ever ever ever.

Eag's
17th October 2007, 10:51 PM
Way to much time on your hands Blake :roll:

Jarro
18th October 2007, 04:25 AM
wanker :roll:

Grunt
18th October 2007, 05:49 AM
Way to much time on your hands Blake :roll:

Definitely

AndyP
18th October 2007, 06:14 AM
Make it so.

Courty
18th October 2007, 06:41 AM
I like it. :mrgreen:

miro
18th October 2007, 08:16 AM
[U]3. AndlyLo: shows frequent use; about 40,000 range ballls hitted in the last 6 months.

The subtlety of quoting Alo's chinglish written style cracked me up -"hitted". Priceless humour!!

peter_rs
18th October 2007, 08:27 AM
the top 3 are so close and where is the perci rating ;)

3oneday
18th October 2007, 08:44 AM
7. 3oneday : Brand Spanking new, still in plastic. Bought 5 of the same model , knowing can sell the other 4 to the Ozgolf suckers for a nice markup enough to cover the cost of mine - cool a free golf club
without being personal, I don't appreciate being labelled a rip off merchant.

It shows a distinct lack of class and knowledge, and also assumes you know me, which you don't. And here I was thinking you'd stop being a dickhead, I was wrong.

AndyP
18th October 2007, 08:47 AM
without being personal

dickhead
What happened before the end of the post that made you forget the start of your post?

kpac
18th October 2007, 08:52 AM
What happened before the end of the post that made you forget the start of your post?

brilliance..... :lol:

kpac
18th October 2007, 09:01 AM

that is a touch rough blakey - i personally don't give a hoot about how 3OD covers cost or does his maths, he sells a lot of gear through the proshop and i for one appreciate that the prices that we get through here are great. If anyone on here is profiting out of sales, half their luck, reality is it's still cheaper than going retail. Don't go stirring the pot that is one of the best parts of this site, the proshop is excellent, maybe not for you who found there ideal clubs however long ago, but i've been able to piece together a complete bag of clubs i'm now happy with for less than the cost of my driver retail. :-k
Don't care where they get the clubs or how much they pay for them, just happy that they are offering them through this forum before they go elsewhere. :smt038

3oneday
18th October 2007, 09:01 AM
What happened before the end of the post that made you forget the start of your post?point of debate I guess, calling someone a dickhead is not necessarily getting personal when it is a personal opinion ?. Depends on where you hide your head I guess.

Whilst I do appreciate you pointing this out, IMHO you might be better served addressing the first post in this thread. It appears to me that the "mates" from QLD have been patted down whilst I have been attacked.

BrisVegas
18th October 2007, 09:06 AM
well said kpac.

AndyP
18th October 2007, 09:11 AM
Whilst I do appreciate you pointing this out, IMHO you might be better served addressing the first post in this thread. It appears to me that the "mates" from QLD have been patted down whilst I have been attacked.
Perhaps this is something you should have addressed with Blakey in a PM.

It's your opinion that you have been attacked. The post is obviously a joke.

I await andylo's complaint about racism, and for jarro to complain about discrimination against his sexual orientation.

poidda
18th October 2007, 09:13 AM
that is a touch rough blakey - i personally don't give a hoot about how 3OD covers cost or does his maths, he sells a lot of gear through the proshop and i for one appreciate that the prices that we get through here are great. If anyone on here is profiting out of sales, half their luck, reality is it's still cheaper than going retail. Don't go stirring the pot that is one of the best parts of this site, the proshop is excellent, maybe not for you who found there ideal clubs however long ago, but i've been able to piece together a complete bag of clubs i'm now happy with for less than the cost of my driver retail. :-k
Don't care where they get the clubs or how much they pay for them, just happy that they are offering them through this forum before they go elsewhere. :smt038

I agree 100%. No one's forcing anyone to buy from the proshop are they? I can't be bothered buying/selling clubs all the time, so as far as I see it, we're the people that benefits from it. (not to mention the site when Pete generously donates on sales).

Also Blakey, I've only been around on the site for 18 months or so, and have never seen you buy or sell anything, so why do you even look at the Pro Shop threads, let alone come up with a ranking system??!

Worst thread ever ever ever.
I agree with this even more.

markTHEblake
18th October 2007, 10:04 AM
apart from Miro, Courty, Peter_Rs, Andyp it seems that people cant recognise an obvious a JOKE :shock: Shame on me for a bit of sledging, obviously Ozgolf is not the place for it.

Now what was it that bloke said about who is allowed to throw the first stone? :roll:

If I realised people were so uptight, otherwise i would have tried even harder. :D

APOLOGY
- for writing satire so well that people didnt realise it was satire.
- for not including Perci. I got a feeling he is heartbroken about not getting a guernsey

p.s
am I allowed to read and post in the pro shop?
click here. (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/search.php?searchid=332869)

markTHEblake
18th October 2007, 10:18 AM
It appears to me that the "mates" from QLD have been patted down whilst I have been attacked.

Pete - I thought it was actually a compliment that I recognised you as the one Ozgolfer as naming rights for the highest ranking ?

The rest is just fiction to fit.

If anything I have 'attacked' everyone else way more than you, probably because as you said "i dont know you"

gee I even implied Gaz has sex with his clubs. (anyone that takes photos of clubs with his tits in the reflection is a worry).

If what I posted last night is worse than anything ever said about me around here (in fun or otherwise), then I'll take my bat and ball and go home.

Trung
18th October 2007, 10:37 AM
I'll take my bat and ball and go home.

Blakey, you sure you want to move to Indonesia?

mikezone13
18th October 2007, 10:42 AM
I had a laugh mate.... :)

In fact I nearly pissed myself laughing.... there are so many other categories in between though...

AndyP
18th October 2007, 10:58 AM
I think disclaimers are definitely the way to go, Blakey. They could catch on like the userbars.......

Fishman Dan
18th October 2007, 11:00 AM
A disclaimer Userbar. There's a market for everything.

markTHEblake
18th October 2007, 11:13 AM
Blakey, you sure you want to move to Indonesia?

Nah, no sense of humour over there. I showed em a Monty Python movie once and they thought it was a documentary.

prmeier
18th October 2007, 03:14 PM
Have to say Blakey, I though it was hilarious. Very unexpected. Anyone that does take offense is a bit thin skinned which is not a great attribute to have a round hear. I'm sure that if there was a real problem a quick PM to Blakey and it would have been fixed.

The proshop here (actually, the whole site) is fantastic. A lot of cool gear and some great bargains to be had.

Must say Blakey that Perci should definitely be on that list somewhere between Jarro and Nudgee.

perci
18th October 2007, 04:35 PM
Have to say Blakey, I though it was hilarious. Very unexpected. Anyone that does take offense is a bit thin skinned which is not a great attribute to have a round hear. I'm sure that if there was a real problem a quick PM to Blakey and it would have been fixed.

The proshop here (actually, the whole site) is fantastic. A lot of cool gear and some great bargains to be had.

Must say Blakey that Perci should definitely be on that list somewhere between Jarro and Nudgee.

HERE HERE!

Jono
18th October 2007, 06:38 PM
I thought it was quite funny too ... 8)

BTW, is this the same 3oneday that ganged up with Trung to play a practical joke on MOI? Remember the R7? I bet you thought THAT was funny ... ;)

:lol:

perci
18th October 2007, 07:19 PM
What about the Jono rating-VGC but "Obscure" ie 10* flat,foamed or shankproof.

Trung
18th October 2007, 11:17 PM
I thought it was quite funny too ... 8)

BTW, is this the same 3oneday that ganged up with Trung to play a practical joke on MOI? Remember the R7? I bet you thought THAT was funny ... ;)

:lol:

Can you find that thread.. It was a cracker.. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

wavemaker
19th October 2007, 07:48 AM
Gold Blakey, cacked meself.

perci
20th October 2007, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE=markTHEblake;185175]Request for Comments: Proposed Ozgolf Pro Shop Rating method.

I hereby submit the following Rating method to be adopted as mandatory for all sales in the Pro Shop.

This is an RFC (Request for Comments). Please update, revise or comment on said proposal before formal voting takes place.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***SOLD*** Nike SUMO Sasquatch 10.5° VS proto Stiff

Only used for two rounds, has a mid size Golf Pride installed.

Light marks on the sole, includes SUMO headcover.

$150 + delivery.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How much did he make out of this Blakey!

markTHEblake
20th October 2007, 07:41 PM
is there an english translation for the above?

3oneday
20th October 2007, 08:37 PM
I bought 6, want one ?

perci
20th October 2007, 08:47 PM
How about $130? they only retail for for $449!

markTHEblake
21st October 2007, 06:31 PM
Perci, sounds like they should be a #5 to me.