PDA

View Full Version : Tip for an interstater

Jono
15th October 2007, 06:35 PM
OK, it's time for me to book my flights and any tips or offers of lifts would be much appreciated. 8)

The air fares to Gold Coast and Brisbane are pretty similar. Is it easier (not necessarily shorter) to get to Kooralbyn from GC airport or Brisbane airport?

I'm planning to fly up early Saturday (get there by 7am) and catch the last flight back to Sydney on Sunday. My partner will be coming up with me. Any chance we can get a lift to Kooralbyn from either of the two airports? Otherwise, we'll be hiring a car.

AndyP
15th October 2007, 06:37 PM
I think the consensus was that Brisbane airport is definitely more convenient, and I don't think there was a huge difference in distance.

I'd love to return a favour and offer you a lift, but I will be without a car myself.

Jarro
15th October 2007, 06:50 PM
Jono, i have a ute now, so i can only really carry myself and one passenger.

However, if you need someone to take your clubs/bags for you, i'd be more than happy to do so.

markTHEblake
15th October 2007, 06:53 PM
I'm planning to fly up early Saturday (get there by 7am) and catch the last flight back to Sydney on Sunday.

I am picking up another sydney delinquent from the gold coast airport 7am saturday, however i dont think I can get 3 sets of clubs and 4 people to Kooralbyn in my car, its the 3 golf bags that would be the issue.

though i could bring you back to my place for a staging point for others to pick you up, most gold coast people will drive by my house on the way

I am thinking you would be better off going to Brisso. better chance of bludging a lift up that way.

If you decide to fly into Gold Coast airport and hire a car, you being a nice bloke can save me a trip :-)

amanda
15th October 2007, 06:53 PM
jono - i think your other half will appreciate having a car just in case - we hired a little Toyota Yaris while up at Bribie.

PeteyD
15th October 2007, 07:06 PM
Hire a car.

Jono
15th October 2007, 07:06 PM
jono - i think your other half will appreciate having a car just in case - we hired a little Toyota Yaris while up at Bribie.

I thought it might be fun for us to ride in the back of Jarro's ute actually ... ;) :lol:

PeteyD
15th October 2007, 07:09 PM
Awful big blue dog you got there mark ...

Trung
16th October 2007, 12:36 AM
I thought it might be fun for us to ride in the back of Jarro's ute actually ... ;) :lol:

You want to ride your other half on the back of Jarro's ute?

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

http://www.101-sex-positions.com/

Jono
16th October 2007, 08:25 AM
Flights booked to Brisbane. Hire car booked. All set. Thanks guys. 8)

Jarro
16th October 2007, 02:36 PM
Well done Jono, look forward to catching up with you again 8)