PDA

View Full Version : Nike Ignite review

macleod
1st October 2004, 04:27 PM
The next review o boredom, NIke's Ignite 460cc 9.5* with stock Fuji in S flex.

I can quite easily cut to the chase on this one as I was hitting side by side with the TM Dual r5 D type.....simply not in the TM's league.

The head is a odd shape and it just didn't sit well behind the ball, something about it's face and hosel....try it and see for yourself, it feels henke.

I hit these guys side by side, 8-10 each alternating. The same swing on the Nike simply didn't product the same distance or forgiveness of the new TM Dual.

The feel at impact was uninspiring and simply didn't feel like it had any pop. Somewhat muted but plenty of feedback on bad face hits, almost cringe worthy.

The Fuji stock shaft in S felt very flexy compared to the R s55 TM one, bendy tests were pretty simlar, just that the TM one felt like it had a much better kick overall.

I sent a lot more stuff left today, huzzah!, partly due to going for the back fence where the golfers were walking down the 9th :) but if you don't put a really hard swing on the TM Dual it's rewardingly long and accurate. Open the face up a bit and taking a good hard swing brings some excellent results, but i'm not in the league of some OZG's i see opening the face a bunch to countract their excellent inside draw swings.

i'd like to try the dual in a stock Stiff or other shaft....but it probably isn't going to happen.

The Nike just felt wrong, was inconsistent back to back with the othere drivers i'd belted there and unlike the miracle forgiveness of heel hits off the TM's, was admittedly OK forgiveness wise. Hit a number of bigger pops with it but it wasn't mind-numblingly consistent like the TM swing to swing.

You like Nike Ignite? Go try it for yourself, it most likely works great for others, just not moi...

Jarro
1st October 2004, 05:15 PM
nice work Macca :smt023

don't think i'll be adding a Nike driver to my bag in the near future :smt018

Ducky
1st October 2004, 10:24 PM
I'm sorry, but that was not a review on the Nike Ignite. It was a love story of how you get all hot and heavy over the Taylormade R5. The way you bunch carry on, one would be lead to believe that they haven't got a snowflake's chance in hell of hitting a good shot if they did happen to invest in some Nike equipment, and it's not in the slightest bit accurate.

So you couldn't hit the Nike Ignite? Big deal. I couldn't hit the Callaway Big Bertha II. Does that make it a bad driver? No it doesn't, it just wasn't suited to my needs. The only piece of Nike equipment that I have been unsatisfied with thus far (and you may notice in my WITB thread that I do have quite a lot of it) is the 'Spin Control' ball, and it's not even because it performs badly but because the paint tends to come off it fairly easily.

Regards,

Ben (Ducky).

McMw
1st October 2004, 11:05 PM
I'm sorry, but that was not a review on the Nike Ignite. It was a love story of how you get all hot and heavy over the Taylormade R5. The way you bunch carry on, one would be lead to believe that they haven't got a snowflake's chance in hell of hitting a good shot if they did happen to invest in some Nike equipment, and it's not in the slightest bit accurate.

So you couldn't hit the Nike Ignite? Big deal. I couldn't hit the Callaway Big Bertha II. Does that make it a bad driver? No it doesn't, it just wasn't suited to my needs. The only piece of Nike equipment that I have been unsatisfied with thus far (and you may notice in my WITB thread that I do have quite a lot of it) is the 'Spin Control' ball, and it's not even because it performs badly but because the paint tends to come off it fairly easily.

ducky - you don't have to like the review - no need to shoot him down was there!!! :?

at least he's done most of us a service here, and given us a decent write up (an honest one no less) of the Ignite...

I had an Ignite 9.5 410cc with the stock fuji stiff shaft as well...
it was one of the biggest crapper I've ever hit...the shaft was too soft, the ball launched way too high, and the feel was crap...

I sold it within 3 days...and didn't care I made no money out of it...I was that glad to get rid of it!!!

and you can't say I'm anti-Nike - I had a Nike350cc in the bag for over a year.... :wink:

and yes...I've also had the GBB2 as well....couldn't handle it, sold it!!! :lol:

Jarro
2nd October 2004, 06:41 AM
yeah chill out Ducky..

.. it's only 1 mans opinion :roll:

Ducky
2nd October 2004, 12:20 PM
I didn't mean to cut sick, so I apologise. I'll leave it at that.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

macleod
3rd October 2004, 09:20 AM
You like Nike Ignite? Go try it for yourself, it most likely works great for others, just not moi...
i thought i said exactly what i said....i qualify most things i say without reaching..normally due to enormous self-deprecation.

i dont espouse TM, just some reviews out of boredom and not playing at all anymore, im not a mega ho. heck i still recommend people go component and get the best head/shaft combo that suits them.

leave wherever you like, just ask some others here about me if you would like to know where im coming from instead of basing an opinion on an increasingly rare post by myself eh?

man, what is this..."the other board"?

Jarro
3rd October 2004, 10:29 AM
im not a mega ho.

.. well not anymore :roll: :lol:

I think you're the perfect choice for an Ozgolf club reviewer Macca, you've hit just about ever club known to man :shock:

.. even owned most of them too :wink:

I'll meet you at Vic Park one day soon for some sign-bashin' 8)

gazgolf1
3rd October 2004, 02:59 PM
Have to agree Scott , Nudgee and I hit that demo at Vic pk when it first came out and we tried to throw it off the second level it was that bad but it bounced off that canvas thingy in front of the hitting bays.
I've got a Taylormade driver in the bag at the moment but I'll hit a Brosnan Magnate if it gives me 20 more yds so keep those reviews coming.
Nike makes some nice stuff but in my opinion the Ignite is the C4 of 2004.(hey that rhymes). :roll: