PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing October 8th

Grunt
8th October 2007, 02:22 PM
Played in the Monday Comp at Mac Grange

Had another of those days where you cant string two shots together. Was horrible followed by good and vise versa. Hay fever played up again mid-round.
26 points
6 fairways
3 GIR
?? Putts (Lots, 2 3 putts and a 4 putt)
5 wipes

Had a Social player hit my ball on a hole:smt093. Highlight was nailing my drive on the last to snag the longest drive, will have to see if it hold out. My Brief stint at 18 is now over again, 18.5 now. Double Bungers are back. Lets see how I play at Carnarvon tomorrow.

Grunt
9th October 2007, 04:54 PM
Another game like yesterday, good shot/bad shot. Putting was really poor some how managed a few pars and got myself 29 points.

Eag's
9th October 2007, 04:56 PM
Another game like yesterday, good shot/bad shot. Putting was really poor some how managed a few pars and got myself 29 points.

Bloody hell Grant, do you ever work? :smt108

Grunt
9th October 2007, 05:00 PM
Bloody hell Grant, do you ever work? :smt108
Not till Thursday this week then I go to my place of employment for 2 days and 2 nights and have another 5 days off next week. :p

ps. Playing at Beverley Park tomorrow.

mikezone13
9th October 2007, 05:19 PM
With the amount of golf you play grant you should be off single figures

peter_rs
9th October 2007, 06:27 PM
key words mike play not practise ;)

Muza
9th October 2007, 06:43 PM
played 1st round club champs on satdee, had 4 over for 17 holes took a 9 up the last at Cabramatta........oh the pain

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

BrisVegas
9th October 2007, 07:20 PM
With the amount of golf you play grant you should be off single figures

don't go there girlfriend. :smt079

mikezone13
9th October 2007, 10:09 PM
key words mike play not practise ;)

don't go there girlfriend. :smt079

Still that much playing should lead to a good lowering of the handicap... or a great deal of frustration :D ;)

markTHEblake
9th October 2007, 11:19 PM
"Practice makes perfect is bullshit...... Perfect practice makes perfect"
Ron Barassi 1977

Grunt
10th October 2007, 05:27 AM
Still that much playing should lead to a good lowering of the handicap... or a great deal of frustration :D ;)
Thanks for that observation Mike, doubt I have ever heard that before :roll:

Well it did lead to a lowering, when I practiced I dropped 10 shots off the handicap in 12 months. Maybe I will practice and it will drop again. Maybe it won't, if it doesn't I would not give a hoot. I'd rather play than practice.

By the way I am going out for another game today, will be a nice game out in the sun. To all those at work today, have fun:)

mikezone13
10th October 2007, 07:39 AM
Thanks for that observation Mike, doubt I have ever heard that before :roll:

Well it did lead to a lowering, when I practiced I dropped 10 shots off the handicap in 12 months. Maybe I will practice and it will drop again. Maybe it won't, if it doesn't I would not give a hoot. I'd rather play than practice.

By the way I am going out for another game today, will be a nice game out in the sun. To all those at work today, have fun:)

Lucky bugger, we're just jealous....

Fishman Dan
10th October 2007, 12:17 PM
You'd rather be playing golf with Grunt?

mikezone13
10th October 2007, 12:26 PM
For sure...

kpac
10th October 2007, 02:07 PM
WELL

Just arrived back from the best round of my life.
Played Hills International (first time <- eye opener of a course!)
shot 80/64 for 44 pts. No doubles or worse. Previous best was and 81 which i'd done at nudgee and colonial, neither of which were a patch on this course,,, can anyone say loooong..... had a excellent day with the new sticks (990B's - secured there spot in my bag - love them)
So just had to share it.
But on the flip side i played Pacific harbour yesterday, hmmmm let's not even bother about reporting back on that one, i wont be going back there untill i turn pro (and we played off the golds... too tough) 102 of the stick eww!
How different can two rounds be in the space of 24 hours.

Now to sit back and see what sort of damage i've been able to do to this handicap... nett 8 under

Said to my mate when we finished there is nothing better than playing good golf, he agreed (but said a decent %^*$ comes close, good luck getting that to last 3 1/2 hours though.....)

Eag's
10th October 2007, 02:10 PM
Nice shooting mate :smt023
Pacific Harbour ripped most of us apart at last years Champs so don't let that worry you ;)

Jarro
10th October 2007, 02:11 PM
Played the Redcliffe back marker open comp today with a mate from work.

Weather looked pretty nasty (still does) but we managed to get the first 2 holes in before the lightning started :shock: After a half an hour or so it blew over and we resumed our game.

Redcliffe is in great nick at the moment, even if the greens are a little fluffy after recent reno's.

I had 38 points with a wipe on the last :( 10 over off the stick for an 81... with 3 birdies included.
29 putts
10 fairways
9 G.I.R.
3/9 up&downs :(
1/1 S/saves

BrisVegas
10th October 2007, 02:14 PM
kpac - awesome scoring at Hills. What's the course condition like? Those that have played it previously said it was a goat track and not worth the drive. I've been curious to play it as it's not that far from me.

jarro - well played. Redcliffe is a tough track.

Eag's
10th October 2007, 02:15 PM
Played the Redcliffe back marker open comp today with a mate from work.

Weather looked pretty nasty (still does) but we managed to get the first 2 holes in before the lightning started :shock: After a half an hour or so it blew over and we resumed our game.

Redcliffe is in great nick at the moment, even if the greens are a little fluffy after recent reno's.

I had 38 points with a wipe on the last :( 10 over off the stick for an 81... with 3 birdies included.
29 putts
10 fairways
9 G.I.R.
3/9 up&downs :(
1/1 S/saves

Bloody hell mate it would of been wild out there today :shock:
Well played buy the way :smt023

AndyP
10th October 2007, 03:01 PM
Nice scores lads.

kpac, Hills is stupid long. There's no real need for it.

peter_rs
10th October 2007, 03:06 PM
WELL

Just arrived back from the best round of my life.
Played Hills International (first time <- eye opener of a course!)
shot 80/64 for 44 pts. No doubles or worse. Previous best was and 81 which i'd done at nudgee and colonial, neither of which were a patch on this course,,, can anyone say loooong..... had a excellent day with the new sticks (990B's - secured there spot in my bag - love them)
So just had to share it.
But on the flip side i played Pacific harbour yesterday, hmmmm let's not even bother about reporting back on that one, i wont be going back there untill i turn pro (and we played off the golds... too tough) 102 of the stick eww!
How different can two rounds be in the space of 24 hours.

Now to sit back and see what sort of damage i've been able to do to this handicap... nett 8 under

Said to my mate when we finished there is nothing better than playing good golf, he agreed (but said a decent %^*$ comes close, good luck getting that to last 3 1/2 hours though.....)

still got that driver or can I buy it yet? :shock:

Grunt
10th October 2007, 03:07 PM
Nice scoring boys

Played at Beverley Park today, note for you QLD'ers it is where the Great white Shark got his internship started. Was tiger day and was tough played better than yesterday but still not good. Had 30 points. Short game still sucks, have started to not use driver off the tee so as to make sure I don't get myself in the position of 120 or less out from the green. Lesson will be booked for next week sometime.

kpac
10th October 2007, 03:15 PM
Nice scores lads.

kpac, Hills is stupid long. There's no real need for it.

Totally agree, the wednesday comp was off the whites and from there it is equivilent to any back markers that i've played. Played Glades twice last week both times off the blacks, Hills is longer and tougher off the whites! :shock: .
I've been getting longer and straighter with driver, and i'd have to say, they give you a pretty decent landing zone, and the greens are huge (i've never played a course with greens that big :shock: (limited comparison i know, but especially the from nine the greens are huge.) So even though it is long, if you're happy to hit fairway woods a lot or hybrids/long irons etc, then you'll have a good day. I hit 5 wood into 3 of the par 4's but that's ok, my other option was to lay up and try get up and down - both are a test of skill i'd say.

In answer to you question BV i'd give it a go mate - for sure (try the white markers first) It's $17 including comp fees so you can't expect the world. Fairways little sparse in areas and off the fairway it's pretty dry :smt079 but the greens would be as good as nudgee / robina woods (very very impressive)
The titleist tour van was out there today which was fun to have a look at, apparently a D2 will get me longer a straighter off the tee :smt087 they can stick it.
I enjoyed the course an next time i'll play it off the blue markers, i could imagine i'll have a different opinion after that.

Best part about the day - teed off at 9:30 and was finished at 10 to 1!! under 3.5 hours <- i can't do that anywhere on the coast....

kpac
10th October 2007, 03:17 PM
still got that driver or can I buy it yet? :shock:

you're no hope sorry pete (yet), i love it!!

Love the 990B's aswell ( i've got a set of iron for you mate.... :mrgreen: )

markTHEblake
10th October 2007, 03:21 PM
In answer to you question BV i'd give it a go mate - for sure (try the white markers first)

Nah, go the black tees first up, then after the train wreck, come back and play the whites, and try and recover your manhood.

Cos you havent lived until you've played 400m plus Par 4s that you cant hit driver on :shock:

kpac
10th October 2007, 03:31 PM
good layout i thought, front nine was a bit kooralbyn like, back nine more members club like.

AndyP
10th October 2007, 03:34 PM
Here's the glowing reports from the last couple of rounds at Hills. Okay, they're not. I don't really like the place.

http://ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2252&page=2
http://ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6607&page=3

PeteyD
10th October 2007, 03:38 PM
4BBB Stab at Reddy today. Shot 95/74, 8/14 fairways, 3 greens, 0/2 sand saves, 34 putts. Played solidly, 2 triples the worst I shot so I am recovering from bad shots better.

Fishman Dan
10th October 2007, 08:46 PM
Kpac - well done on the round, but that final quote is a gem! :lol:

kpac
11th October 2007, 02:09 PM
Kpac - well done on the round, but that final quote is a gem! :lol:

cheers mate,

from 16 to 13 now :smt087 might make it a little harder to win comps

Jarro
11th October 2007, 02:44 PM
Starts getting interesting about now Kent ;)

Congrats on the good round too 8)

AndyP
11th October 2007, 02:52 PM
Starts getting interesting about now Kent ;)By interesting, do you mean frustrating?

Jarro
11th October 2007, 02:54 PM
By interesting, do you mean frustrating?

That too :roll:

We'll all be watching your progress now with much interest young fella ;)

BrisVegas
11th October 2007, 02:56 PM
Hope he doesn't hit the 10-11 hcap wall like some of you other choppers! :wink:

Jarro
11th October 2007, 02:57 PM
Maybe we're happy being 11 hcp choppers mate ;)

Eag's
11th October 2007, 02:59 PM

Yeah you 10-11 hcp choppers :razz:
Us 12 hcp choppers are right on your tail :smt090

kpac
11th October 2007, 03:03 PM
cheers guys.. we'll see how long this trot can last hey...
thanks - single firgures is my next goal...

poidda
11th October 2007, 03:05 PM

I agree! But dont worry vegas, you'll be one of us soon! :lol:

AndyP
11th October 2007, 03:06 PM
No wall for me. I've made progress every year. One stroke at a time.

11 years time is gonna be sweet.

poidda
11th October 2007, 03:07 PM
And kpac, should you now be hassling AndyPee to update the Most Impoved list now like a few others after a good round! :roll:

BrisVegas
12th October 2007, 06:44 AM

sure you are. ;)

BrisVegas
12th October 2007, 06:48 AM
No wall for me. I've made progress every year. One stroke at a time.

11 years time is gonna be sweet.

Not bad I guess. You're doing better than me. I'm only 10 shots better than where I started golf (17 hcap), but that was 17 years ago. If I improved as steadily as you, I should be off scratch this year!

Coffs_Hacker
12th October 2007, 11:44 PM
Black marker day at coffs fri 90/78 par 72. Lost interest after the 5th hole when i had a 4putt bogey. The pins were in rediculous positions ie 1mt from fringes, on down hill slopes etc. 2 good points drove the 1st :) 2putt bird and found out i won Nett A grade monthly mug last week \\:D/\\:D/\\:D/

PeteyD
13th October 2007, 10:49 AM
39 Points around Reddy today. 91 off the bat, still haven't broken 90 :( . 10 Fairways, 4Greens, 34 putts. Highlight of the day was my first ever hole in one !! on the 13th.

shazza_rs
13th October 2007, 10:57 AM
congrats on the hole in one petey!!

tell us the story...

Eag's
13th October 2007, 11:20 AM
39 Points around Reddy today. 91 off the bat, still haven't broken 90 :( . 10 Fairways, 4Greens, 34 putts. Highlight of the day was my first ever hole in one !! on the 13th.

Awesome Pete bloody well done mate :smt038 :smt038 :smt023

Bruce
13th October 2007, 11:33 AM
Nice one Petey!!!

PeteyD
13th October 2007, 12:46 PM
Story. Tee was a bit short today, playing about 180. Hit 7 wood. Bounced on front of green up towards the pin near the back. Actually thought I hit it through the green, but the group in front started cheering etc.

Grunt
13th October 2007, 01:16 PM
Well Played mate, Congrats on the hole in one!!! Did it cost you a bit in the clubhouse afterwards? Supposed to shout the bar aren't you?

PeteyD
13th October 2007, 02:03 PM
Nah no one does that anymore mate.

peter_rs
13th October 2007, 03:02 PM
nice work petey you do hit that 7 wood good.

At the ridge the club shouts the bar

mikezone13
13th October 2007, 03:04 PM
Well done pete, and ina comp too!! Savour it, it may not ever happen again, and there are many that have never had one either.

The best thing is you had 39pts including the HiO, rather than 26pts with one, makes it all that sweeter!!

mikezone13
13th October 2007, 03:06 PM
If you didn't shout the bar you defintiely shoudl shout your group a few rounds!

In NZ your membership includes Hole in One insurance to cover shouting the bar, excess is $50 if I remember correctly.

PeteyD
13th October 2007, 03:20 PM
Well if my group went in for drinks I would have, but everyone had to bail.

mikezone13
13th October 2007, 04:30 PM
Well if my group went in for drinks I would have, but everyone had to bail.

Poor form that they couldn't celebrate with you... even one drink woul've been good

AndyP
13th October 2007, 04:33 PM
Highlight of the day was my first ever hole in one !! on the 13th.
Wooohoooo!
:smt038

kpac
13th October 2007, 04:48 PM
hole in one !! on the 13th. lucky 13, well done petey - super effort mate - i'm still awaiting the magic moment.....

I played Lakelands today, for 88/73 played the new irons terrible untill the last 5 holes where i figure what was going wrong.. :smt093 was getting off the tee a treat through, still love the driver.

AndyP
13th October 2007, 04:50 PM
What's replacing the irons?

Jarro
13th October 2007, 04:53 PM
Nice work Pedro :smt023

kpac
13th October 2007, 04:54 PM
What's replacing the irons?

don't laugh, i hit a set of ping eye 2's the other bloke i was playing with had and they go great :smt060 so sad i know, but they were copper and very perdy..

I'll be sticking with the 990s thanks

Courty
13th October 2007, 04:57 PM
I had an awe-inspiring 26 pts today. :roll:

But I also made a hole-in-one! :mrgreen: (on Tiger Woods 2005 when I got home)

Seriously though, congrats Petey. I'm very jealous.

PeteyD
13th October 2007, 05:07 PM
New low handicap of 20.3, came 10th overall and 3rd in C-Grade, doh! Still pretty happy about it all really :D

markTHEblake
13th October 2007, 05:56 PM
lucky sonofabisch

Jarro
13th October 2007, 06:03 PM
Played in an ambrose day at Kilkivan golf club today with the father and bro-in-laws.

My first time on sand greens too, what an interesting experience that was :shock:

Anyway, don't know what my score was but i hit the driver and irons really well (hitting 10 fairways and 10 GIR's) :) I'm loving this V2 in the driver 8)

Scoot
13th October 2007, 06:09 PM
Congrats Pete,

Funny how heaps of people that get hole in 1's think the shot was bad (or not anywhere near the hole).

2nd round of matchplay champs today, coupled with stableford.

2 play off holes were needed this time, geez I nearly threw it away. 2 up at 17, and blew it.

Concerned about my game now leading into the champs over the next couple of weeks. Lot's of practice to be had this week.

PeteyD
13th October 2007, 06:13 PM
KMA MTB. The shot was a good one, just didn;t expect it to be in the hole!

Scoot
13th October 2007, 06:15 PM
Sorry Pete, the part in brackets were for you (not near the hole), it's just that I've heard stories about people swearing just before the ball goes in.

PeteyD
13th October 2007, 06:16 PM
Hehe. If it was shorter I would of known, bloody long par 3s.

BrisWesty
13th October 2007, 08:32 PM
Well done PeteyD on your eagle!!!!

38 points at Caboolture today. Played much better than last week. 82 off the stick with 30 putts (incl a chip in & 2 3 putts), 8 fairways, 8 GIRs. Finished strong with 2 over for the last 6 holes.

BrisWesty
14th October 2007, 04:33 PM
Played Caboolture today 84/72. A game of two halves. First half - crap - 47 off the bat. Second half - good - 37 for 2 over par.
8 fairways, 5 GIR, 29 putts, 2 sand saves. 9 pars.

oz
14th October 2007, 04:51 PM
Played at Bright yesterday...and played like crap. 84 (79 nett). My short game was again the culprit. Started some new practice drills today, and already feel I have turned a corner.

The course was in nice condition (greens a bit slow, though), and the company was good. All in all, an enjoyable day.

Jarro - the V2 is the shiznit in the driver. Don't listen to anyone who would tell you otherwise. :)

markTHEblake
14th October 2007, 05:16 PM
KMA MTB. The shot was a good one, just didn;t expect it to be in the hole!

I hit a good shot once, but it didnt go on the bloody hole. :evil:

markTHEblake
14th October 2007, 05:24 PM
Onewood had about 17 hole in ones didnt he?

I think he had might have had more seeings he is not the sort of bloke to talk about himself

Eag's
14th October 2007, 05:43 PM
Massive news on the HIO Pete....huge congrats.
I've been on this forum a while now and apart from Eagsy (which didn't count for comp reasons) its the only one i can recall.

Congrats again.....

Kidding of course Rich.

Mine was in a comp Rich, single stab at Brooky :mrgreen:

mikezone13
14th October 2007, 05:52 PM
35pts at Warringah today in the NSW matchplay final against jimandr, brad and amanda also played (thanks guys!)... match was all square after 18 and we have decided to have a replay... jim will go into all the key details of the great game today...

All I will say is that someone was 4 up with 5 or 6 to play and dormy 3 and the other then went 2 under par for the last 6 holes.

Moe Norman
14th October 2007, 06:04 PM
27 Points yesterday around Brisbane.

7 on the front, 20 on the back.

Started poorly with a 4 putt triple bogey on the opening hole (easiest on te course) and went downhill from there. My short game is at an all-time low, knife about 70&#37; of chips, and so desperate, I pull the putter as soon as I'm within 10 feet of the green, and its not like I putt that well either...

Didn't bother keeping stats, but I went over it in my head afterwards and I think I counted 41 putts 26 of them on the front 9 :(

Moe Norman
14th October 2007, 06:54 PM
my regular partner was in Melbourne for the Caulfield Guineas (thank god)

the funny thing is rich, that first hole I hit three wood this week, then laid up with 5 iron, bladed into the bunker and had 4 putts.

Same result as last week when I got near the green, despite the conservative approach from the tee!

3 jabbed, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7 and 9 too! (running a bit quicker than last sunday....)

Fishman Dan
14th October 2007, 07:00 PM
41 pts today.
26 putts. (a stack of up'n'downs)
4 birdies. That's a new record for birds in a round for me (Index 3, 13, 18 and the 18th hole - not sure what Index but I get a shot).

After yesterday's debacle which meant I missed golf, I made it to the course today to go from the car to the 1st tee. After a few shaky holes I made my first bird, but still had shockers on the 14th/15th holes. Finished with a birdie to end 23/18 (41 pts).

Had 49 with my 26 handicap partner for the 2-ball win, but got done for runner-up on countback by someone else in my group.

Handicap back down to 12.0.

Moe Norman
14th October 2007, 07:04 PM
noice work fishy

mikezone13
14th October 2007, 07:10 PM
Let me know if you want to borrow my 5 wood.

I played with someone on saturday that has the matching driver, 3 wood 5 wood and irons the same model/vintage as your little "bundle of crap".

Eag's
14th October 2007, 07:12 PM
Nice shooting fish :smt023

phoeno
14th October 2007, 07:24 PM
Great round kpac. I am a member out there and it can be a tough track as so many of the holes on the front nine are about hitting to position, so they play even longer than just the distance from tee to green.

I played Carbrook yesterday monthly medal, 76 for nett 71. Was going ok until a bit of tiredness set in with a few to go and I dropped 4 shots in 3 holes. No biggie, was just a good excuse to get out of the house.

Was pleased to hit some excellent approaches to the par 5's for two to be just on the edge of those greens (4 and 16) but only got up and down once out of the three (2 putt on 8 for birdie) which was disappointing. Idea was right, executing on short game still a work in progress. But I think it is the way for me to play them, man up and go for it !

phoeno
14th October 2007, 07:33 PM
Highlight of the day was my first ever hole in one !! on the 13th.

Congrats Petey, a rare but wonderful achievement and nice to be part of a community like this that appreciates such a feet.

I had one a few years ago and bought the card home to show the wife, she looked at it for 30 seconds and looked at me and said "what am I supposed to be looking for ?" umm the 1 doesn't stand out at all ?

BrisVegas
14th October 2007, 07:55 PM
nice shooting fishy.

congrats on the ace peteyd.

jimandr
14th October 2007, 08:59 PM
35pts at Warringah today in the NSW matchplay final against jimandr, brad and amanda also played (thanks guys!)... match was all square after 18 and we have decided to have a replay... jim will go into all the key details of the great game today...

All I will say is that someone was 4 up with 5 or 6 to play and dormy 3 and the other then went 2 under par for the last 6 holes.

It was actually two under the last 7, and the best stretch of golf I have played for years. Gee golf is fun when you hit one really good shot after another.

My total was 39 points, and I left a few out there. I'm very happy with my day.

Jarro
15th October 2007, 03:35 AM
Nice work Fishy.

Keep this up and you'll soon be able to offer advice to the higher cappers ;)

AndyP
15th October 2007, 07:32 AM
14/10/2007, Caboolture GC, SC&SBDGA Champs

11/13 effective tee-shots.
7/18 effective approaches.
8/10 up & down successes.
28 putts.
-------------
1 birdie.
13 pars.
4 bogeys.

Score 37-37-74 nett 63 (Par 36-36-71 CCR 72?)

Best..........Round.........Ever!

BrisVegas
15th October 2007, 07:33 AM
crikey P! Nice one.

Grunt
15th October 2007, 07:33 AM
Wow, Certainly was a good weekend for OzGolfers. Congrats all.

Eag's
15th October 2007, 07:35 AM
Bloody hell Andy :shock: :shock: very nice round mate :smt023
What will that take you down to?

AndyP
15th October 2007, 07:47 AM
Bloody hell Andy :shock: :shock: very nice round mate :smt023
What will that take you down to?If my golflink ever fires up, it should be 9.0 or 8.8, I would think. I've always wanted single figures, but didn't really think I'd get there for some time.

I hit it well. Putted well. Got up and down. And played smart. I didn't do too much wrong really. It would be nice to play like that all the time, but I just can't expect it.

Fishman Dan
15th October 2007, 07:52 AM
Well done AP. Top round - consistent effort considering only the 1 bird.

markTHEblake
15th October 2007, 07:53 AM
7/18 effective approaches.
8/10 up & down successes.
28 putts.

:shock:

wouldnt happen to have made par from a car park as well ?

AndyP
15th October 2007, 07:54 AM
Well done AP. Top round - consistent effort considering only the 1 bird.Thanks Fish. You've got one over me with the 4 birdies in a round though. I've got three a few times.

oz
15th October 2007, 07:55 AM
Well done AndyP, Fishy, & PeteyD! Great golf everwhere on ozgolf..... send a little mojo south, will you?

Bruce
15th October 2007, 09:13 AM
Bloody hell! Some nice shooting there fellas.

dc68
15th October 2007, 09:41 AM
Wooeffinghoo Pete nice ACE!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats, It's a super feeling eh?

dc68
15th October 2007, 09:44 AM
Oh and I had a 71 on Satdee unfortunate it was a 4Ball and only got credited with a 73. Still it sees my H'cap back down to 4. Will be working to get it back to 5 by Windaroo just for you Vegas ;) . Already started with 33 points yesterday. Only .4 to go.

Fishman Dan
15th October 2007, 09:53 AM
Oh and I had a 71 on Satdee unfortunate it was a 4Ball and only got credited with a 73. Still it sees my H'cap back down to 4. Will be working to get it back to 5 by Windaroo just for you Vegas ;) . Already started with 33 points yesterday. Only .4 to go.

You actually play golf? I thought you just hung around here to annoy 3oneday?

BrisVegas
15th October 2007, 09:54 AM

Thanks Dave. I'm working to get out to 8 too. I only got 0.3 to go but will be lucky to get one game in before we play.... Good luck with your 0.1's! :roll:

dc68
15th October 2007, 10:27 AM
Good luck with your 0.1's! :roll:

Actually forgot I really only need to have 2 bad games. As when you are off 4 or better if you have more than 5 over your cap you get .2 8-) .

In all seriousness I won't activley be trying to go out. But with copperhead on thursday and another 8 or so game between now and Windypoo I probably will.

poidda
15th October 2007, 10:34 AM
Nice HIO PeteyD. :smt038 I'm still waiting on the day as well.

There's been some great scoring over the weekend, and I'll add to it after playing 3 rounds at Royal Rockhampton for a pair of 78's and a 79! It's the best back to back rounds I've put together in a looong time. I dont think I've played better around the greens ever helped the scoring out a great deal.

kpac
15th October 2007, 10:46 AM
shooting pete!!! nice work mate

BrisVegas
15th October 2007, 10:54 AM
But with copperhead on thursday and another 8 or so game between now and Windypoo I probably will.

Bloody hell!!! :shock: You're unbackable favourite, just so you know..... :roll:

Eag's
15th October 2007, 11:16 AM
Well played Poidda 3 rounds breaking 80 :smt023
Where they comp rounds or social?

DC68 are you after Grunts record for most rounds in a year or something :shock:

dc68
15th October 2007, 11:26 AM
No........ It's just I am able to play a bit. ie no ball and chain.

dc68
15th October 2007, 11:29 AM
It's only about 70 games on golflink since last years champs. Of course that does not include 4bbb comps.... eek I have played a bit eh?

poidda
15th October 2007, 11:30 AM
Well played Poidda 3 rounds breaking 80 :smt023
Where they comp rounds or social?

The first 2 were social. The second being extremely social as we gatecrashed a corporate day after we'd played 18! :smt023 The 3rd was a 4-ball and my partner got on the card once only because we we weren't sure of a ruling, so we used his score. (He made par anyway)

So that reminds me to ask about the ruling. We had a massive storm come through the Friday night before we played Saturday, and there were trees down everywhere and the course covered in broken branches. My ball had come to rest under a tree that had been blown over and interfeered with my swing. My partners thought I could take a free drop, but this would then leave me without a shot. My question is, if the tree was down, am I able to break branches off it, and play is as it lies?

AndyP
15th October 2007, 11:47 AM
But if a tree falls over during the night, and noone sees or hears it, is it still a tree?

poidda
15th October 2007, 11:48 AM
The Tree was still attached(ish). It was very similar to this

http://www.lib.niu.edu/ipo/1999/ic9908106.jpg

PeteyD
15th October 2007, 11:53 AM
Play it as it lies nancy boy! I think I was reading something about determining whether or not it is a loose impediment.

decision 25/9: A tree has fallen onto a fairway due to a windstorm and is still attached to the stump. Does it constitute ground under repair? No. However, a player could request relief from the Committee and the Committee would be justified in declaring the area covered by the tree to be ground under repair.

23/7: Is a fallen tree a loose impediment? If it is still attached to the stump, no; if it is not attached to the stump, yes.

AndyP
15th October 2007, 11:56 AM
Loose Impediments
“Loose impediments’’ are natural objects, including:
• stones, leaves, twigs, branches and the like,
• dung, and
• worms and insects and the casts and heaps made by them,
provided they are not:
• fixed or growing,
• solidly embedded, or
adhering to the ball.Fixed or growing? Probably not.

I see Petey found the ruling above.
Although he did try to tell me you can't even move loose impediments when we played at Carbrook (when he putted over a big leaf onto the 2nd green). Check Rule 23-1, PD.

3oneday
15th October 2007, 12:00 PM
I'd still like to see you break a branch of that one though !! :lol:

poidda
15th October 2007, 12:09 PM
I'd still like to see you break a branch of that one though !! :lol:

You dont carry a chainsaw? :) When I said "Break the Branches", I obviuosly meant "break the tiny tiwgs at the very end of the branch"!

PeteyD
15th October 2007, 12:10 PM
Hmm bugga. Leaf did nothing anyway ;) Wonder why someone told me that one. So you can remove loose impediments from anywhere?

BrisVegas
15th October 2007, 12:12 PM
someone throw up a blakeman signal....

it worked when we needed damoocow.

AndyP
15th October 2007, 12:19 PM
So you can remove loose impediments from anywhere?Everywhere, except in a hazard.

Eag's
15th October 2007, 12:20 PM
On the putting surface you can move all loose impediments.

PeteyD
15th October 2007, 12:23 PM
Apparently anywhere except in a hazard. You can move your ball on the putting surface if you are removing a loose impediment and that is what causes the ball to move. Practice putts is not in this category :D.

Scoot
15th October 2007, 02:09 PM
Apparently anywhere except in a hazard. You can move your ball on the putting surface if you are removing a loose impediment and that is what causes the ball to move. Practice putts is not in this category :D.

Or, you can put it in from the tee, Hey Pete

Fishman Dan
15th October 2007, 02:17 PM
someone throw up a blakeman signal....

I threw up something the other night that resembled Blake. Is that what you mean?

Fishman Dan
15th October 2007, 02:37 PM
I recall Tiger getting a dozen blokes from the gallery to move a loose impediment at some tournament a few years ago. This ****ing great boulder...and I mean bounder was in his way. They determined it was not growing so a bunch of blokes moved it for him.

...cheating coloured chappy !

I think the ruling is that if you scratch in some numbers it's a distance marker, therefore a man-made object - fair play! Then again, there was the time he hit it into the kitchen of a club-house, which of course was in-play, although he should have played it from the pocket of the f$^kwit who picked it up.

Moe Norman
15th October 2007, 07:44 PM
On the putting surface you can move all loose impediments.only if your ball is on the green 8-)

PeteyD
15th October 2007, 08:17 PM
ok this is the confusing bit. My reading of it, is aside from in a hazard, you can move a loose impediment as long as it does not move the ball in the process. So why is there any distinction to do with the green (aside from the moving the ball thing)?

There is a decision allowing for help to move a lose impediment such as the big rock above.

Moe Norman
15th October 2007, 08:27 PM
yeah I was incorrect on that.

Its just that the green defines what a loose impediment is.

Sand and/or soil are not loose impediments, unless on the green.

So if you're on the fringe, and there is sand on your putting line, also on the fringe - you can't brush it aside.

now I'm not sure if you have to actually be on the green to be able to move the sand, by defining it as a loose impediment.

defining sand and/or soil as a loose impediment if on the putting surface, I'm not sure of this refers to you being on the putting surface or the impediments, or both!

Flowergirl
15th October 2007, 08:29 PM
A big congrats to all the great golf you guys have been playing:smt038

Well I finally got to play a comp round today. Short game was good - 31 putts. But I was pulling all my drives into the trees - haven't done that before:shock: Ah well - .1 is .1. Gross 92 - net 76. :smt093

It was still nice to get back to playing a bit of golf for a change.

PeteyD
15th October 2007, 08:30 PM
OK now I see where the confusion starts.

markTHEblake
15th October 2007, 09:24 PM
This ****ing great boulder...and I mean bounder was in his way.

They changed the rules because of that incident, or rather, enhanced the definition to include words to this effect:

a loose impediment is an object that can be easily moved (amongst other definitions)

So Poidda, if you can pick up that branch with your pinkie and toss it to the side, then its loose. If its going to give you a hernia looking at it, then it aint loose.

IMHO its really just moved the area of grey. How does one define easily moved. I guess is all they have done is really removed the option of getting a front end loader to move a rock for you.

Grunt
16th October 2007, 05:29 AM
They also changed it so that you could brush sand away. It was not that long ago that you could do nothing about sand in your line, was it?
On the green you can't press anything down but you can brush it away and lift up divots.
I have seen a guy fix spike marks by lifting the area adjacent to it then tapping the green where he repaired it back flat. Is that legal or is it a good(?) interpretation of the rule?

Courty
16th October 2007, 05:54 AM
I have seen a guy fix spike marks by lifting the area adjacent to it then tapping the green where he repaired it back flat. Is that legal or is it a good(?) interpretation of the rule?

I'm of the understanding that you can only repair plug marks on the green. Spike marks etc are tough luck, making the above actions illegal. Can anyone confirm?

Moe Norman
16th October 2007, 06:01 AM
They also changed it so that you could brush sand away. It was not that long ago that you could do nothing about sand in your line, was it?
this has been covered a few posts back

Fishman Dan
16th October 2007, 07:37 AM
I'm of the understanding that you can only repair plug marks on the green. Spike marks etc are tough luck, making the above actions illegal. Can anyone confirm?

You can't repair spike marks until you've finished the hole. Then it's a matter of courtesy for the following groups.

markTHEblake
16th October 2007, 07:57 AM
They also changed it so that you could brush sand away.

I am pretty sure you have always been allowed to do that in my lifetime. I can remember getting some tips on how to do this properly by the pennant captain when i was a junior.

What has changed is how you can remove the impediments. Originally you could only use your hand or your putter, now you can use anything you like.

I have always use the back of my hand to get rid of the loose sand. This stops you from being accused of pressing anything down which is still against the rules.