PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 1st October

Grunt
1st October 2007, 04:31 PM
Played Dunheved today with Jim. Played really poorly with absolutely no idea with the putter, 3 putts and 4 putt. Game really suffered in the end and went as close as you can go to an airswing as well.
26 points
no real highlights, had some good shots but were too many negatives to say anything about them.

jimandr
1st October 2007, 06:14 PM
31 points with Grunt at Dunheved today. My game was better than his, but not by much. It was very windy, but I cannot use the breeze as an excuse. Too many bad shots to get any satisfaction from the occasional good one. Chipping in particular was just awful.

Fairways = 5 of 13
Greens in reg = 9 of 18
Putts = 37, two 3putts, zero birdies
Up&Down = 1 of 8
Sand saves = 0 of 1
1 penalty shot

Scoot
2nd October 2007, 07:19 PM
[quote=Grunt;182325] Game really suffered in the end and went as close as you can go to an airswing as well.
quote]

I've had an airswing at Dunheved:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
:cry: :cry: :cry:
:smt093 :smt093 :smt093

Coffs_Hacker
6th October 2007, 12:00 PM
Monthly Mug at Coffs this morn 78/66 par 70, left about 4-5 shots out there too. Counld of be a very nice score.

fir - 7
gir - 7
putts - 33
bird 2

New driver today, was like swinging a piece of 4x2 and LOVE IT :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

BrisWesty
6th October 2007, 12:45 PM
Monthly medal at Caboolture today 88/75.
What might have been! Was 8 over (3 under hcp) after 14 holes, and dropped another 9 shots (7 over hcp) incl 1 OOB & 2 water in the last 4 holes.

Up till then very happy. Still happy seeing as have barely played recently.

Hit driver about the best I can remember.

fairways - 8
gir - 5
putts - 32 (no 3 putts)
8 pars, 0 birdies, 4 double, 1 quadruple.

mikezone13
6th October 2007, 05:05 PM
The woes continue.... 96/86 :oops:

Good shots were pretty good, bad shots were terrible. Handicap was all used up after 7 holes :(

The good news is that my chipping lesson during the week worked really well and I can once again chip like a golfer.

Stats..

8/14 fairways
6/18 GIR
33 putts
Lots of quads, triples and doubles... not many birdies and pars.

Saving my game for the 14th ... bring it on jim ;)

Courty
6th October 2007, 05:23 PM
A demoralising 90/82 in the Monthly Medal today. :oops: I was smoking the new driver still, but couldn't follow it up with anything even remotely respectable. My first par came on the 12th hole. The only time I hit a GIR, I 3-putted. :cry:

perci
6th October 2007, 07:46 PM
A demoralising 90/82 in the Monthly Medal today. :oops: I was smoking the new driver still, but couldn't follow it up with anything even remotely respectable. My first par came on the 12th hole. The only time I hit a GIR, I 3-putted. :cry:

"Thats why we love the game" next week you wiil shoot the lights out!
Oh by the way get rid of your your Driver it seems to be upseting your ryhthm.

Scoot
6th October 2007, 08:06 PM
Been spewing all afternoon about the game today.

98 / 84. The only time I felt comfortable over the ball all day was on the 18th tee, and finally got a good one in.

That'll get me back again

BrisVegas
6th October 2007, 08:45 PM
Monthly Mug at Coffs this morn 78/66 par 70

New driver today, was like swinging a piece of 4x2 and LOVE IT :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

That new driver stout enough for you? :lol: Nice scoring Craig.

I played a 4bbb stab today and was the "swinger" with two other guys. Both teams had 40 points. I was on the card 15 times in each pair! :shock:

First round at Brookwater since Mar/April I think where I've beaten my hcap.

(My score, not that it counts for jack..):(
77 gross for 38 points.
11 fairways
10 GIR
27 putts

3/4 U&D for par

kpac
6th October 2007, 08:47 PM
*edit* - nice shooting BV! you'll have to play in two teams more often mate.
Pulled the 990b's out for there first official round today...............

Many many hits on the range - but had been sticking with the adams up untill today due to them being more suited to my eratic swing.

Anywho - i gave them a go and i'm now determined to make the switch permanent (well atleast i think so...)

Played with a mate at Riverlakes stroke comp (monthly medal, for a 88/72 <- left a dozen shots out there with just anger golf (5 hour round)

Didn't get to hit an iron untill the 3rd where i stiffed an 8 iron ( which will surely get me a NTP, and the continued to flush my short irons for the rest of the round.) For the 2nd week in a row my trusty 60* was left at home due to forgetting to put it back in the bag after chipping in the backyard. That cost me a few shots as i cant remember how to hit anything else out of the bunker.... ( on 2 occasions - 1st and 13th i managed to find the water from being in the pot - but that'll teach me for forgetting clubs..) Mate that i played with had a day out for net 65 ( must be a good show at the biscuits)
I dont mind the riverlakes course and the greens were in very good condition (except for a bit of fungus shite around the edges - but pretty under controll) but the crew of people you have to play with there can make it a long day....

Worse places to be i told myself.

Eag's
6th October 2007, 09:00 PM
That new driver stout enough for you? :lol: Nice scoring Craig.

I played a 4bbb stab today and was the "swinger" with two other guys. Both teams had 40 points. I was on the card 15 times in each pair! :shock:

First round at Brookwater since Mar/April I think where I've beaten my hcap.

(My score, not that it counts for jack..):(
77 gross for 38 points.
11 fairways
10 GIR
27 putts

3/4 U&D for par

Well done Dion :smt023
Were you swinging with the new or old swing mate ;)

BrisVegas
6th October 2007, 09:05 PM
Well done Dion :smt023
Were you swinging with the new or old swing mate ;)

I tried to de-loop things today, but slipped into old habits quite a few times. I hit some shocking shots when the timing was out of whack, but also flushed quite a few iron shots and some drives. Bit of a mixed bag, saved by putting. I'll try it again next outing. It will take a long time to change.

PeteyD
6th October 2007, 09:19 PM
97/76 in rnd 1 of the Carbrook Classic today. Crap start to go out in 52, but came home in 45. Started hitting the new irons ok so hoping for a good score tomorrow. Wind was howling a gale out of the north west instead of the usual SE. Made some of the harder holes a lot harder. Had 32 putts, but at least 5 of them skimmed by ... one of those days.

jimandr
7th October 2007, 08:38 PM
I played the strangest of games today, that rare event when you score better than you played. Normally its the other way around. Many bad shots, a few mini-tantrums, but it added up to 37 points. My partner in an aggregate event had 44, so my name might be in the paper tomorrow.

Fairways = 7 of 14
Greens in Reg = 10 of 18
Putts = 34, zero 3putts, 1 birdie
Up&Down = 1 of 4
Sand Saves = 0 of 3

Courty
7th October 2007, 08:41 PM
I played a social 9 this afternoon, but off the blue tees, as they were still out from yesterday. A much improved scoring effort compared to yesterday (+5 for the 9), but I was pulling everything longer than a PW to the left. :???: Short game was much better, and I putted really well. There is hope for me yet. :roll:

PeteyD
7th October 2007, 08:50 PM
96/75 in rnd 2 of the Carbrook Classic. Played really solidly except for a 9 on the par 4 12th :( 29 Putts (although AP protested that my texas wedges should be called putts! ) 5 Fariways and a few balls in the water today. Really ran out of energy on the 3rd (played back 9 first) and struggled along for the rest of the round.

AndyP
7th October 2007, 09:45 PM
07/10/2007, Carbrook Classic

7/14 effective tee-shots.
6/18 effective approaches.
2/6 up and down successes.
36 putts.
-----------
7 pars.
4 bogeys.
5 doubles.
2 others.

Score (B9-F9) 45-46-91 nett 80 (Par 35-36-71 ACR 72)

It was an ordinary round overall, where I never seemed to get going. A couple of good stretches, but there were way too many bad holes. The short game was inconsistent and I'm pushing a lot of approaches, so it made scoring tough, even if I was in good position off the tee.

I'm thinking that a new stat is needed called Hero shot disasters. This can be used to track how many times you go for a shot that you know you shouldn't, and suffer the consequences of your failure. It might be a way to do discourage me from doing it.

Next round: 14/7, SC&SBDGA Champs at Caboolture.

Stoney
7th October 2007, 10:01 PM
Hi all, I am back !!!

Made my long awaited return on Friday to Wynnum. It's been about 12 months since my last indvidual comp but I have played 3-4 Corporate Days.

66 gross for +6 (vs Par)
7 fairways
14 GIR
27 putts

I am sure this one was just an abberation.

Grunt
8th October 2007, 05:53 AM
Good to see you back Stoney. Was the game we had at Carbrook last year your last? I wasn't that bad was I that I made you give up was I? ;)

BrisVegas
8th October 2007, 09:04 AM
Hi all, I am back !!!

Made my long awaited return on Friday to Wynnum. It's been about 12 months since my last indvidual comp but I have played 3-4 Corporate Days.

66 gross for +6 (vs Par)
7 fairways
14 GIR
27 putts

I am sure this one was just an abberation.

nice comeback game. I see you found your groove out there somewhere!

I don't know how you manage 14 GIR with 7 fairways. My stats would be the opposite typically... :oops: Hope to see you get some regular golf again. Mrs Stoney can manage your tribe for a few hours once a week, surely...

BrisVegas
8th October 2007, 11:35 AM
Played a 9 hole 2-man ambrose yesterday arvo. Played with a mate off 10 and we had 2 under gross, for net 31 7/8. Came second by 1/8.

Didn't hit the ball all that great, but scrambled pretty well. No games planned for a couple of weeks.

Stoney
8th October 2007, 11:37 AM
Good to see you back Stoney. Was the game we had at Carbrook last year your last? I wasn't that bad was I that I made you give up was I? ;)

Thanks Grunt, I played one more round after I played with you, but the decision was already made to have a break.

You were bad, but not that bad :lol:

peter_rs
8th October 2007, 11:43 AM
great score stoney welcome back.

Bruce
8th October 2007, 01:19 PM
+0.1

I'm gunna take a break from Neanger Park for a while. The place is doing my head in.