PDA

View Full Version : Another Brissy demo day/night

Jarro
27th September 2007, 01:30 AM
Ok chaps, i think it's about time we tried to organise another hitout at a range somewhere ..... we have to catch up with who's playing what and who's trying what swing and the rest :roll:

Last time we went for a big range session we used Oxley driving range, not a bad setup, but a bloody long drive for me .... maybe we could try and pick a more neutral venue if there is a bit of interest in doing this ??

What's everyone's preferences for times/places ????

Eag's
27th September 2007, 06:12 AM
Yep I would be keen for a range night but maybe somewhere central like Vic Park.

BrisVegas
27th September 2007, 07:23 AM
Vic Park is cool with me. I'll start saving my pennies now so I can afford a big bucket.

Jarro
27th September 2007, 08:04 AM
What's it like at Vic Park now ? I haven't been there for ages :?

Do they still have a nice, big grass tee area ?

poidda
27th September 2007, 08:47 AM

Yeah I'd be keen for this as well. I was at Vic park and it lookls like they have a "new" grass area down to the left. But in saying that I've only been a couple of times and maybe never noticed it before, but it is there! ;)

markTHEblake
27th September 2007, 09:54 AM
Emerald Lakes? heaps of hot ladies there every night.

poidda
27th September 2007, 10:18 AM
So here's the Vic Park Demo nights!

http://www.victoriaparkgolf.com.au/images/Golf/second%20tuesday%20on%20the%20month.jpg

http://www.victoriaparkgolf.com.au/images/Golf/first%20tuesday%20on%20the%20month.jpg

http://www.victoriaparkgolf.com.au/images/Golf/second%20thursday%20on%20the%20month.jpg

And by loading up a key with $100 it makes the large buckets $11 which is a bit better. I'm going to do this next week, so everyone doesn't have to spend the $100.

The VIP Dallas Key allows you to access balls on the Driving Range automatically, and purchase tickets to use the Putt Putt. Having a key entitles you to discounts for your Golf Lessons and 10% discount in the Golf Shop when purchasing golf gear and apparel.

When you load $100 onto your key we credit it with $125 resulting in a $25 bonus on each transaction. There is an initial $10 fee to purchase the key

But here's the big bonus for getting the VIP deal!

Gourmet Pie & Salad + Bucket of Balls for only $15!!!

BrisVegas
27th September 2007, 11:00 AM
so, Tuesday 2nd Oct at 6pm then?

Jarro
27th September 2007, 11:00 AM
Nice work Poidda 8)

Well, looks like we have a venue ... we just have to pick when it'll be now ?? Thursday nights are out for me as the kids have swimming club ;)

poidda
27th September 2007, 11:03 AM

I'm keen to start going to the range on a weekly basis, so maybe even the next 2 tuesdays!

2nd sounds good to me for starters!

Jarro
27th September 2007, 11:08 AM

I'm working until 7pm, but i could head over then if there'd still be a fair wad of you Ho's still there :mrgreen:

BrisVegas
27th September 2007, 11:19 AM
i can't get there at 6pm, as that's dinner and putting little ones to sleep time. I could possibly get there around 7:30 and stay a bit later though. I don't care about demoing the new stuff. My bag is set. :wink:

poidda
27th September 2007, 12:20 PM
i can't get there at 6pm, as that's dinner and putting little ones to sleep time. I could possibly get there around 7:30 and stay a bit later though. I don't care about demoing the new stuff. My bag is set. :wink:

Yeah I'm the same! It's not as if I'm going to buy new stuff! I'm better off demo'ing some of the gear that's up for sale in this pro-shop!

Jarro
27th September 2007, 12:23 PM
So 7:30 is a better time for you guys then ?

Better for me that's for sure.

poidda
27th September 2007, 12:42 PM
I'm easy. I've got no kids to deal with, so can work around you guys.

Rusty
27th September 2007, 05:07 PM

room for about 6-7 on the grass tea. doesn't seem to be used that much.

Eag's
27th September 2007, 06:22 PM
Tue the 2nd suits me as well, on day shifts that week.
I be there whatever time :smt023

Jarro
28th September 2007, 05:21 PM
Cool, the 2nd it is then :mrgreen:

gazgolf1
28th September 2007, 06:35 PM
Not sure they will let you take demo clubs down to the grass boys. :)

Jarro
29th September 2007, 09:13 AM
bah, we don't need demo's anyway.

Our bags are set !!!

;)

Courty
29th September 2007, 12:21 PM
bah, we don't need demo's anyway.

Our bags are set !!!

;)

:roll:

Jarro
29th September 2007, 12:24 PM
:p

BrisVegas
2nd October 2007, 08:58 AM
I'm still planning to be at Vic Park tonight, from 7-7:30 onwards. hope to see a few of you there.

poidda
2nd October 2007, 09:00 AM
yeah I'm still in!

peter_rs
2nd October 2007, 09:06 AM
Dallas Key works great had one for over a year.

Have fun I would be there but I have a hinder concert on.

Unless you know the rep there is no chance of leaving the mats.

On a side note how long have they had grass tees up the top open during the day.

Jarro
2nd October 2007, 09:11 AM
Sorry guys but i'm out for tonight, they've changed my shift and i wont finish till 9pm :(

Eag's
2nd October 2007, 09:35 AM
I will be there :smt023

BrisVegas
2nd October 2007, 09:44 AM
I knew we could count on you Eag's. That jarro guy is hopeless though. :roll:

AndyP
2nd October 2007, 09:45 AM
Can you put me down in pencil for the first Tuesday of November?

Jarro
2nd October 2007, 09:50 AM
I knew we could count on you Eag's. That jarro guy is hopeless though. :roll:

Yeah good onya :roll:

I blame Australias most recognised airline for stuffing around it's employees to no end :smt013 :smt093

BrisVegas
2nd October 2007, 09:51 AM
vote with your feet. thats what we keep telling grunt.

Jarro
2nd October 2007, 09:53 AM
Mightn't have to do anything yet, changes are planned for early next year.

Anyway, put me down for the next range night, i'll take a sickie if i have to to get there :)

BrisVegas
3rd October 2007, 08:00 AM
nice to see Eag's and poidda there. Didn't really try any gear, except for a J33 driver which was ok. Got some useful swing tips from Eag's. ta mate, the cheque's in the mail....

Caught up with young Dean Collins, who some of you may have met as he boarded with us for a year just gone. He's trying to get a traineeship at Vic Park next year. Good kid, absolute flusher, so say hi if you see him. He's just joined RQ and taken out the club champs in his first start. Nice work!

Eag's
3rd October 2007, 08:05 AM
No probs mate :smt023 You new what you needed to do, I just told you when you got it in the right position :)
Nice to catch up with you and Pete last night and hopefully we can get a few more out there next time.

poidda
3rd October 2007, 08:52 AM
Yeah cheers lads. I'm going to try and make it a bit more of a regular event, so I'm keen whenever anyone else is.

Rusty
3rd October 2007, 12:54 PM
i go there a little bit. couldn't make last night unfortunately. i'll look out for the next one.

Jarro
3rd October 2007, 03:19 PM
There'll be more Rusty.

Maybe we should make it a regular thing so people know it's always going to be on a certain night ?

poidda
10th October 2007, 05:11 PM
Titleist and Cobra are at Vic Park tomorrow night until 8pm. It's a good excuse as any, so I might go along hit a bucket.

Eag's
10th October 2007, 05:12 PM
Titleist and Cobra are at Vic Park tomorrow night until 8pm. It's a good excuse as any, so I might go along hit a bucket.

Can't make it this week Pete :(

BrisVegas
10th October 2007, 08:16 PM

hmmm. if the weather looks alright, I'll go along again. Not that I need any clubs. But the practice last week did wonders for my weekend scoring.

BrisVegas
11th October 2007, 12:07 PM
Anyway, put me down for the next range night, i'll take a sickie if i have to to get there :)

i go there a little bit. couldn't make last night unfortunately. i'll look out for the next one.

Are you guys coming tonight? What about AndyP? I can even pick you up P..

poidda
11th October 2007, 12:08 PM
Yeah, I'm not interested in demo either, but just keen to hit some balls. I'll be there at 7.30 / 8'ish.

Jarro
11th October 2007, 12:09 PM
Sorry mate, but Thursdays are no good for me as my girls have swim squad those nights .... i'm sure i mentioned that early on in the piece.

AndyP
11th October 2007, 01:11 PM
No thanks. I have enough nights away from home.

BrisVegas
12th October 2007, 10:33 AM
I wasn't planning on it, but ended up trying out the new 906F4 fairway woods from Titleist and the Cleveland HiBore XL drivers.

The 906F4 was very easy to hit. It's a bit shallower faced than the F2 and might be a little longer heel to toe. I hit the 18.5 and it was a doddle to get up in the air. I hit about 5 shots and only one of them went too high, the rest were quite ok. Was hard to tell, but I'd guess it was going a little further and higher than my 19 deg hybrid.

The Cleveland HiBore XL I hit just out of curiosity. I've heard a few ozgolfers singing their praises. I'm now of the opinion that they should be banned...

Too loud.
Too ugly.
Too long.
Too easy to hit.

Oddly enough, the normal HiBore XL I struggled with high cuts and blocks. The XL Tour however went very nicely. I was able to keep the ballflight down to what I'm used to with my D2. They both had the same shaft Fuji Red Stiff, but felt like chalk and cheese. The Cleveland rep reckoned the Tour probably felt better to me as it had a much longer (and stiffer) hosel section, ie. like a Titleist. Anyway, good club, I can see why they're popular!

poidda
29th October 2007, 04:41 PM
ok, I'm putting this out there early. I want to try a few different shafts in a 907D2 so will be heading along to this next Thursday (8th) if anyone's keen.

http://www.victoriaparkgolf.com.au/images/Golf/second%20thursday%20on%20the%20month.jpg

http://www.victoriaparkgolf.com.au/images/PDF/2007%20demo%20nights%20-%20updated.pdf

BrisVegas
15th November 2007, 03:01 PM
if bruce's keen, might head to vic park for a hit and giggle tonight at around 7:30pm. Poidda and his missus should be there too. anyone else keen? I gotta find a swing before the champs!

AndyP
15th November 2007, 03:03 PM
No way man, DFO Jindalee opens tonight.

BrisVegas
15th November 2007, 03:04 PM
you reckon they'll have opening specials on tan socks?

AndyP
15th November 2007, 03:06 PM
Tan is so last year. Bone is this years colour.