PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 24th Sept

Fishman Dan
26th September 2007, 02:10 PM
Gardening leave rocks.

Had a hit on Monday at Strathfield.

All I could think of about the place before starting was Jimandr's review on ISG - flat and a little boring. On reflection that was a little harsh, but it's very lucky to be regarded as an A Grade course. There was about a 1/2 club breeze to take into account which came into play on several upwind/downwind holes.

I was happy to have had 36 points (2 wipes) for a first visit after being worried recently that I'd become a home course hero. Struck the ball ok throughout the bag, particularly 3w which I used off the tee to good effect on some of the short holes.

Onewood
26th September 2007, 04:01 PM
Mitchell played in the 27 hole Hogs breath tournament
Day1 Home hill golf club 58/23/35
Day 2 Rowes Bay Golf club 56/23/33
Day 3 Townsville Golf club 53/23/30
Under 11 Nett Winner (he was beaten on count back for the overall nett runner up)
Improvement each day, so he's pretty stoked

AndyP
26th September 2007, 04:07 PM
Sounds like he's a bit of a burglar, Kev.

Well done to continually improve though. Most of us fall in a heap.

Scoot
26th September 2007, 07:18 PM
39 Pts today - Close as ever to breaking 80.

Lost my ball on the Par 5 3rd, which is an 'unlosable ball' hole. I think guy's behind us hit it. Holed the 2nd ball for par (recorded 7).

Lost the ball on the 4th as well. Bad shot and deserved it, but I did'nt see where it landed (presumed water hazard), nor the other 2 guy's that spent several minutes looking for it. Took the wipe, only to find the 4th member of the group had seen it and commented on what a bad bounce I had when we got to the next tee.

Putted much better after a lesson yesterday.

Matchplay champs on Sunday - looking forward to it

jimandr
26th September 2007, 08:34 PM
Gardening leave rocks.

Had a hit on Monday at Strathfield.

All I could think of about the place before starting was Jimandr's review on ISG - flat and a little boring. On reflection that was a little harsh, but it's very lucky to be regarded as an A Grade course. There was about a 1/2 club breeze to take into account which came into play on several upwind/downwind holes.

I was happy to have had 36 points (2 wipes) for a first visit after being worried recently that I'd become a home course hero. Struck the ball ok throughout the bag, particularly 3w which I used off the tee to good effect on some of the short holes.

Gees, that is very thorough preparation to firstly bother to check out course reviews on ISG, and secondly take any notice of anything I say.

It must've been three years since I played there and wrote the review. Some greens were completely rebuilt last year.

Did it look like some new work had been done? If so, did it look like it was worthwhile?

Fishman Dan
26th September 2007, 11:10 PM
I read that review yonks ago, not even sure why it stuck in my mind.

They have done some work recently which was pretty evident, but nothing too outrageous (though I've got nothing to compare it to). They've put in swales on short par 4's etc, but nothing out of the ordinary. The course was in good nick however, couldn't fault it.

One thing though - the only course in Australia to have back-to-back-to-back par 5's (10th thru 12th). For a good reason too - it's silly.

Coffs_Hacker
27th September 2007, 12:39 PM
38pts today which was pretty good with 2 wipes and a 1pter
5fir
6gir
32putts

Jarro
27th September 2007, 12:44 PM
How'd the new driver go mate ?

Coffs_Hacker
27th September 2007, 12:50 PM
hasn't arrived - played a FT-3 fusion tour 8.5 with stock NVs demo (I sucked with it :P but thats just me)

Jarro
27th September 2007, 12:51 PM
X-flex V2 'eh... that'll be a sout combo :shock:

BrisVegas
27th September 2007, 01:05 PM
X-flex V2 'eh... that'll be a stout combo :shock:

craig gives the ball a fair old nudge. The X flex should help him keep it on the planet.

Onewood
28th September 2007, 08:24 PM
Mitchell Finished the week of golf off, by playing in the Primary school champs
they did'nt have year 3 and under so he played in the year 4 and under
55 off the bat and won by 22shots :)
He was only 4 shots off winning the over all
He had a day off yesterday so I took him out to see how he would go over 18 holes, well he Birdied the second hole and I had a 4 finishing with 53/59 112 with 2 balls in the water. dad had 45/39 84

Grunt
28th September 2007, 08:29 PM
Played nine holes this afternoon at Mac Grange.
Went ok
1 par
1 Birdie
1 Quad
rest bogies

One blowout hole and the rest were quite ok. Will see if I can convert the reasonable play into points tomorrow.

Scoot
28th September 2007, 08:38 PM
He had a day off yesterday so I took him out to see how he would go over 18 holes, well he Birdied the second hole and I had a 4 finishing with 53/59 112 with 2 balls in the water. dad had 45/39 84

Well Done!!

got 55, and won by 22 Fantastic.

When did he start playing?

PeteyD
28th September 2007, 08:39 PM
Had fun in a corporate day ambrose at Indoo today. We came second so pretty stoked about that. Course is looking great out there, and the big holes they have dug for the new 1 and 18 on the west course look good. I think that is 69ers mob handling it.
D1 is an interesting driver, will see how it holds up in the monthly chop tomorrow.

Onewood
28th September 2007, 10:09 PM
Well Done!!

got 55, and won by 22 Fantastic.

When did he start playing?

Hi Scott
Mitch is 8 so he's been playing for 7 years :) Someone did ask him the other day and his reply was (since I could walk :) )

markTHEblake
28th September 2007, 10:39 PM
Playing 7 years and still cant break 100? tell him to give up.

Eag's
28th September 2007, 11:00 PM

Great stuff Kev, good to hear the little bloke is still kicking butt :smt023

Scoot
29th September 2007, 07:30 AM
Hi Scott
Mitch is 8 so he's been playing for 7 years :) Someone did ask him the other day and his reply was (since I could walk :) )

That's great.

My son (also Mitchell) is also a real keen golfer. He's 6, and hit balls for a few years now, but my club (pro) has just started junior clinics. We get out for a few holes afterwards and he loves it.

He practices out the back in the mornings as well. He does'nt stop talking about it either.

It also gives me a very good reason to get out and practice with him. Works out well.

ddasey
29th September 2007, 12:17 PM
Todays members comp was Canadian Foursomes, this is the first time I have played this format.

Anyway we ended up with a gross 78 for a net 59. All in all quite happy with the way I hit it most of the time.

Fingers crossed for nearest the pin on the 10th - lovely 9i to 40cm of the hole.....woohooo. Couldn't do that again if I tried.

Coffs_Hacker
29th September 2007, 12:50 PM
Second game for the week wooohooo 35pts really up and down 7x1pts :)
8fir
7gir
36putts
1 bird

Grunt
29th September 2007, 01:57 PM
Had a game at Mac Grange
40 points
9/12 Fairways
2 GIR
1/1 Sand Save
8/15 up & down's
30 Putts

Was a great round but in all honesty it could have been better. My play on the par 3's was not good. Should see the handicap drop to 18 once again. Heard rumours of a guy off 26 shooting 46 points:shock:, so CCR will be 68 for sure.

mikezone13
29th September 2007, 02:40 PM
I'll be the first to say bad roudn for the day... hit the ball ok tee to green but couldn't chip or putt.

Have a shortgame lesson lined up as this is destroying my playing.

29pts on the day

8 fairways
9 GIRs
37 putts (only 1 x 1 putt)
3 lost balls etc etc

Courty
29th September 2007, 02:55 PM
Nice work, Grunt. 40 pts is still 40 pts. ;)

Grunt
29th September 2007, 03:01 PM
Nice work, Grunt. 40 pts is still 40 pts. ;)

Sure is, was pretty happy with the 30 putts, that had 3 3 putts in it too. Some silly pin placements.

mikezone13
29th September 2007, 04:31 PM
I'm dreaming of the day I have 30 putts... hopefully my chipping/pitching lesson next week will go some way to raising my up and down % from 20% :(

PeteyD
29th September 2007, 07:06 PM
Bit of a shocker playing with new driver and new irons today (problem is not the clubs ... ), 103/82. Only 30 putts so that part of the game held up. New irons went left a bit. New driver goes long when I hit it with a decent swing. Monthly medal and last round of the champs so tees way back and pins tricky. Probably playing in the Mug on Wednesday, might take the old irons out for that one.

peter_rs
29th September 2007, 08:06 PM
played a 4 man ambrose with keza at riverlakes 6 under of the stick. for 55. I figured it may be close to the top. I was wrong 48 came in. 9 under of the stick from a group where the low mark was on 17.

Grunt
30th September 2007, 10:31 AM
Had a game at Mac Grange
40 points
9/12 Fairways
2 GIR
1/1 Sand Save
8/15 up & down's
30 Putts

Was a great round but in all honesty it could have been better. My play on the par 3's was not good. Should see the handicap drop to 18 once again. Heard rumours of a guy off 26 shooting 46 points:shock:, so CCR will be 68 for sure.

Got done in a countback:?, not on Golflink yet but reckon it will be a .6 handicap reduction.

Bruce
30th September 2007, 11:02 AM
43 points around Brighton yesterday morning :D. (not an official AGU comp)

The back 9 of that place is a joke. There are 5 x 250m par 4s. Had 2 birdies and could have had 6.

It was an excellent start to a most excellent day. Time to get to another thread :D

Scoot
30th September 2007, 05:03 PM
Wd Bruce on 43 pts

Played in my first Matchplay today.

The windiest conditions I have ever played in, and made it real hard to hit the green. Was back and forwards from 1 down to 2 down until the 17th where finally got back to even.

We both played the 18th really well, and had to playoff on the first where my opponent hit his 1st fat shot all day. I lagged a long putt, and it got conceded.

Felt really (no not really) bad though, he played the windy conditions really well.

jimandr
30th September 2007, 06:02 PM
Scott, you should never feel bad about winning a Matchplay.

I, on the other hand, feel really bad about my game today. I didn't need a reminder why I hate playing on cored, sanded, ultra-slow greens, but I got one today. I drove the ball really well, hit good irons, and put together a spell of 6 threeputts within a space of 9 holes to destroy any chance of a good score. A disappointing 34 points was the result.

Fairways = 8 of 14, only two bad ones though
Greens in reg = 12 of 18
Putts = 39, six 3putts, 1 birdie
Up&Down = 1 of 2
Sans Saves = 1 of 3.

Iain
1st October 2007, 09:30 AM
Bit late, but played Nudgee on Friday with the old man. 40points, actually took along a short game!! Only 2 over on the back.

Only dropped .4, so still off 12. Guy that won the day had 47points off a 5 handicap!! 64 off the stick!!

peter_rs
1st October 2007, 09:43 AM
Well my putting streak is over played hackers on sunday

96. 3xquads and a triple 35 putts.

With my driver and 3 wood problems I hit the range friday and tweaked the 3 wood and demo a new driver from the house of perci. The verdit is still out on the 3 wood. as for the driver it was nice but I'm hoping going back to a cleveland 460 will help.

bring on 36 holes of stroke on a new course.

Keza_G
1st October 2007, 02:01 PM
played a 4 man ambrose with keza at riverlakes 6 under of the stick. for 55. I figured it may be close to the top. I was wrong 48 came in. 9 under of the stick from a group where the low mark was on 17.

Hey Pete we actually had 7 under - 63 !!! (8 birdies and a bogey remember)

peter_rs
1st October 2007, 02:33 PM
What have I been saying you are the one in hot form. as long as you don't use me to set any new records I'm happy.

that was of the whites included 4 OOB of the tee 2 approaches in water and a 2 putt bird.