PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what happened to Total Golf in Nerang, GC?

fore
22nd September 2007, 11:35 PM
Was run by a bloke called Harley, seemed like a really nice guy (had a launchie too). Dropped by with a club for him to work on and the shop's closed and surrounded by scaffolding, looks like major structural work so don't know whether closed temporarily or permanently. Anyone know if he's moved location or otherwise contactable? Thanks.

markTHEblake
22nd September 2007, 11:47 PM
There was a fire, gutted the place. There was an issue with the Landlord after that not sure of the details so Harley decided not to rebuild the business. I beleive he traded on ebay for a while after that, but now is not in the golf business at all.

If you want any work done on the gold coast, go see Craig at the Golf Factory in Strathaird Rd, Bundall and just mention your an Ozgolfer, he knows us well.

Harley also referred me to Craig once for something he couldnt do himself.

fore
23rd September 2007, 12:05 AM
Thanks Blakey, grateful for that.

shavey
3rd October 2007, 09:28 PM
Harley's Dad also runs The Golf Factory from what I remember...

markTHEblake
3rd October 2007, 10:04 PM
Harleys last name was Zaborosovki or something like that. Darrel Welch (renowned as pro at the Australian for many years) and son Craig runs the Golf Factory.

Easy to mix them up i guess.

fore
3rd October 2007, 10:57 PM
Now you mention it, I think that Harley's Dad owned a little golf shop next to Lindores Cranes on Reedy Creek Road, but sold it a while back. No idea what became of him after that.

markTHEblake
3rd October 2007, 11:24 PM
its come to me now, his last name is Trevaskas