PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 17th Sep

Eag's
19th September 2007, 04:50 PM
Hey, my turn to start one of these :)
Played Nudgee today Single Stroke
Hit the ball ok today but the driver was off the boil a bit. Holed a few putts for a change.
Shot 84
8 Fairways
6 Greens
27 Putts :D

1 Birdie
8 Pars
6 Bogeys
1 Double
2 Triples :smt087

perci
19th September 2007, 05:34 PM
Hey, my turn to start one of these :)
Played Nudgee today Single Stroke
Hit the ball ok today but the driver was off the boil a bit. Holed a few putts for a change.
Shot 84
8 Fairways
6 Greens
27 Putts :D

1 Birdie
8 Pars
6 Bogeys
1 Double
2 Triples :smt087

And a nearest to pin on the ninth!

gazgolf1
19th September 2007, 05:44 PM
And a nearest to pin on the ninth!

How close?

Eag's
19th September 2007, 06:33 PM
How close?

1.5m :mrgreen:

gazgolf1
19th September 2007, 07:29 PM
1.5m :mrgreen:

make the putt? :)

Eag's
19th September 2007, 07:33 PM
make the putt? :)

Yes mate :smt023

PeteyD
19th September 2007, 07:34 PM
Played a 4BBB Stab at Reddy today. Hard to keep stats on these, but I did have 6x1 putts and 1x3 putt. hit a few fairways and played well in patches. Nice day for it though ;)

gazgolf1
19th September 2007, 07:38 PM
Yes mate :smt023

Good lad. :)

Flowergirl
20th September 2007, 08:15 AM
Stroke yesterday in very bulstery conditions. Ball striking was very good - most of the time - but a few duffer shots let me down. Putting was a bit better. Found keeping my eyes focused on the spot under the ball until I heard the ball dropping a big help on the shorter putts.

91 gross - 75 nett - 33 putts. Another .1:oops:

Grunt
20th September 2007, 03:26 PM
To take a quote from the Honda ad "Isn't it just great when things just work".
I had that day today. Played a social round at Mac Grange this afternoon with a mate, he is the B grade Championship leader. He said he was glad that I missed the champs. Was just one of those days where the ball was on a string.:smt023

Stats
Gross 75
Nett 56
7/12 fairways
4 GIR
28 Putts
6/9 Up & Downs
2/5 Sand Saves

AndyP
20th September 2007, 03:42 PM
Nice round, Grunt, and some nice stats. But if the ball was on a string, why did you have five shots out of bunkers?

Grunt
20th September 2007, 03:45 PM
They were average shots that ended up in the bunkers. but the recoveries were excellent. Was my best ever round too, 5 over off the Stick!

oz
20th September 2007, 03:55 PM
Super round, Grunt! What is your handicappers email addy? ;) :p

Shooting 75 with 4 GIR is some very sharp short game work. Well done!

markTHEblake
20th September 2007, 04:48 PM
Grunt, as you played with another member your obligated to inform your handicapper of your score, so that he can make a manual adjustment.

This adjustment is in accordance with the principle that your current handicap obviously does not accurately reflect your ability. Would appear that a handicap of at least 10 would be far more appropriate.

Naturally this also dq's you from Ozgolf most improved as obviously your handicap was inflated to begin with.

If not you need to be careful at the champs, burglars have a tendency to get shot and disposing of the body in snakes gully is the perfect spot, even Steve Irwin wouldnt go in there.

Grunt
20th September 2007, 05:11 PM
Thanks MTB

But as most of you that have played with me would know that this round will be not repeated for quite some time. I am consistently inconsistent. I would gladly inform the handicapper but he would more than likely just laugh at me.
Lets see how I go tomorrow at Ryde-Parramatta, my prediction is around 28-34 points. I have never played there before. Also playing back at Mac Grange on Saturday as they are letting non participant in the champs play in a stroke comp with the field. Hopefully will play just as well.

mikezone13
20th September 2007, 06:08 PM
Nice shooting gman... it's amazing how easy it is to shoot well when on a social round... I had one months back where I hit the first 10/10 GIR, have not a chance of replicating in comp play though.

But it gives you the belief that it can be done, so it's always a good thing!

Eag's
20th September 2007, 06:14 PM
Grant

Also playing back at Mac Grange on Saturday as they are letting non participant in the champs play in a stroke comp with the field. Hopefully will play just as well.

No, don't do it Grant that place will give you nightmares :shock: ;)

Grunt
20th September 2007, 06:27 PM
Grant

No, don't do it Grant that place will give you nightmares :shock: ;)

Just going back to have a game Eag's, nowhere else i can get on for Saturday.

perci
21st September 2007, 03:27 PM
My brother inlaw and I had 48pts in a 4 ball at Royal Nudgee today,thought we were looking ok but a couple of Burglars had 52.
Oh i had 80 of the beater 40/40.

Eag's
21st September 2007, 03:29 PM
My brother inlaw and I had 48pts in a 4 ball at Royal Nudgee today,thought we were looking ok but a couple of Burglars had 52.
Oh i had 80 of the beater 40/40.

Well done mate, 48 pts is a top score but 52 is rare :shock: what hcp's were they both on?

Grunt
21st September 2007, 08:07 PM
Played Ryde Parramatta today for the 1st time
Not too bad, had 33 points 3 wipes, 2 birdies.

93 gross
10/14 Fairways:)
7 GIR:smt023
39 putts, would have been at least 10 lip outs:smt093 , just could not get the pace right.
2 Birdies:)
2 Pars, one of which was a 3 putt par:roll:
3 wipes

Not a bad track at all, liked it alot. Wipes were on par 3's caused by me playing the wrong club, long and in the back bunkers was not the place to be in any of them. Greens had obviously been recently core and had not come back to true condition yet. I could not get the pace of them all day though, they looked slower than they were and were quite bumpy.
Par 4's were all good holes with local knowledge playing a big part of where to hit and what club to hit. Was a little lucky to be playing with a guy that had played the course a few times before. He gave the group a good idea of what to play and where at every tee.
Ryde Parramatta have built the biggest OOB Fence I have Ever Seen!! It Is HUGE :shock:would be roughly 150 feet high! at a guess.

Have to ask though Miro, What's with all the unrepaired Divots/ball marks on the greens they were shocking, I was fixing 4-5 per hole. Something I would not expect at a course like this.

mikezone13
22nd September 2007, 01:14 PM
I feel pretty bad writing this... 27pts today.. +0.1

Could nto get started at all, every club I picked up for the first 9 holes felt like it had a lead shaft and I was just tryign to prod the ball around rather than give it some action due to the gusty breeze. As you'll see in the stats I putted like a busted a'hole.

27pts (12 + 15)
7/14 fairways
7/18 GIR (it felt like I hit about 4 all day)
39 putts (5 x 3 putts)
2/11 up and downs (4 of my 3 putts came after my chips, enough said)
7 pars
5 bogies
4 doubles
2 triples

Solid golf it was not... thankfully I did finish the round well and would say I hit some very solid golf shots in my last 7 holes.

Hope everyone else played better than me.

BrisVegas
22nd September 2007, 02:04 PM
Single Stab at Brookwater this morning.

82 gross for 33 points (20 + 13)
12 fairways
9 GIR
33 putts

Tee to green was pretty good. There were 4-5 more greens that were just off. My lag putting was woeful. I even had a 4-putt after a GIR on the par 3, 14th. That was probably the low point! Had a lot of 6-10 foot putts. Made half of them, which is pretty reasonable I guess. The pro-am was on Tuesday and the greens were still like lightning. I couldn't adjust and hit putts too firm all day. My only birdie was on 17 after getting home in two with 3 wood.

Grunt
22nd September 2007, 04:26 PM
Played @ Mac Grange, Stroke event as the Final rounds of the Club Champs took place.

88 Gross
69 Nett
38 Putts :evil: 5 x 3 putts
7 F/ways
5 GIR
2 Pars
2 Birdies
2/7 Up & Downs
0/1 Sand saves

Putting was horrible could not get the pace of the greens on the back nine. 16 on the front 22 on the back:evil:.
Was overall a good round but could have been so much better. I finished Double bogey,Double Bogey, Bogey.:? Came =4th on the day, .3 off the handicap:)

Bruce
22nd September 2007, 05:27 PM
34 points at Mirboo Nth this morning. Good enough to win the bets and I might have hung on for a NTP got NTP on the 4th..

3 wipes from just disgraceful play. 4 pars and some assorted junk.

Gunna take my rangefinder for a walk tomorrow and make myself some course notes. I still have no idea of some distances on my home course.

markTHEblake
22nd September 2007, 05:33 PM
I still have no idea of some distances on my home course.

when you are on one of the teeing grounds, have a look around, there might be a sign with some numbers on it that could be helpful.

Courty
22nd September 2007, 05:33 PM
2nd round of the 4BBB Stroke Champs today. Apparently we got DQ'ed last week for an incorrect card. :???: Whatever, we weren't gonna win anything anyhow. :roll:
So anyway, today started with a cracking 100m cold top on the first hole (I still made par 8)), but from then on, I was on fire. The driver was going off with a bang! My playing partner is calling it the stealth bomber. Anyhoo, we tore up the front and easily accounted for our opposition in the betting. 2nd 9 was the same old story. We caught up to the tail of the field, and slowed to a crawl. All 4 of us lost rhythm, momentum and interest.

The only other thing of note is that I almost picked up a snake! :shock: I was in a hazard looking for someone else's ball. I saw a ball under some dead grass & shrubs. I reached down to pick it up, and the dead grass moved! It was a small python (less than a metre long). Oh, and I got chased by a Curlew protecting its egg. :roll:

Bruce
22nd September 2007, 05:41 PM
when you are on one of the teeing grounds, have a look around, there might be a sign with some numbers on it that could be helpful.

Ha-bloody-ha!

Second and third (and sometimes fourth and fifth) shots - you clown.

markTHEblake
22nd September 2007, 06:17 PM
How did we manage before there were distance markers on the course?

I can barely remember, even though none of the courses anywhere on the Sunshine coast around had them, nor from memory any of the Brisbane ones.

What I do recall is that nobody would ever complain about difficulties judging distances when playing a new course, i think that we just accepted as a reality that without any local knowledge we would probably make some club selection mistakes, and that was just part of the game.

I've definitely become soft. This week i hit a shot in to the last with a back pin, thought it was pure and was actually 10m short. I paced out the green, and found it to be 15m from centre to the back pin. I think, how stupid am I, playing this hole for 7 years and didnt know it was 3 clubs long instead of 2.

Maybe the best course for Vegas' old school golf day is a hilly course without distance markers :-)

WBennett
22nd September 2007, 06:19 PM
First time poster in one of these... Gungahlin Lakes

Used Perci's Mizuno rescue for the first time on the second, hooked into the lake. Should have swung it beforehand!

34 points
4/14 fairways.
6 GIR's
33 putts including 3 shortish (inside 3m birdie putts)
2 birdies

A round that could have been anything wasted by a couple of bad choice that made wipes.

Great day out though...

Flowergirl
22nd September 2007, 06:57 PM
First time poster in one of these... Gungahlin Lakes

Used Perci's Mizuno rescue for the first time on the second, hooked into the lake. Should have swung it beforehand!

34 points
4/14 fairways.
6 GIR's
33 putts including 3 shortish (inside 3m birdie putts)
2 birdies

A round that could have been anything wasted by a couple of bad choice that made wipes.

Great day out though...

Well played and hope you keep on posting your game reports.:smt038

oz
22nd September 2007, 07:51 PM
From chocolates to boiled lollies.... :) Whatever went right last week, went decidedly wrong today... :)

3rd round of the chmapionships, and I had a Barry Crocker..... 2 Doubles, a Triple, and a Quad!!!! The other 14 holes weren't too bad... :lol:

86 off the bat (par 72).

Just had no rhythm today, and my short game was garbage.

Nice day, though, and the greens were beautiful.

Through 3 rounds, I am 1 over (nett). Looking forward to tomorrow mornings' round.

peter_rs
23rd September 2007, 06:28 PM
Played at nudgee today, comp was a 4BBB Stableford. Played with Shazzy and had 43 points.

I had:
38 points
2 wipes

The course was in great nick. Greens were slick as usual. Hope i can find a 3 wood / driver before i play G69.... both were woeful today. :(

Didn't help that i hurt my knee trying to play a bunker shot :roll:

Scoot
23rd September 2007, 08:07 PM
Played S ford Sat at QBN.

Up to the green, I was happy enough, but with 40 putts (again), I was happy to walk away with 32 pts.

Off to a lesson re putting this week.

Courty
23rd September 2007, 09:38 PM
Dinner with Reenie tonight. I had a Reef & Beef. which included 4 PIR (Prawns in Regulation), a 300g Rib Eye (set to high draw) and mashed potato and beans (R & A conforming). 8)

chappy1970
24th September 2007, 09:14 AM
35 Points (One that really got away IMHO)

Can someone tell me what happens to your brain when you walk from the 9th (after shooting 1 over and carding 21 points) to the 10th and then your game turns to hell (came home with 14 points).

The front nine from my perspective was the best and I mean BEST I have hit my irons ever. Every shot was coming out of the middle, buttery soft, slight draw, it was an amazing feeling. Didn't drive that well, but the iron play and short game made up for it.

Back nine - driver was poor, iron play was not as good as the front nine and was probably subject to a little bad luck with regard to the ball rolling one way instead of the other.

Anyway out 0.1 again and back out to 10, f#$k it..

Chappy

BrisVegas
24th September 2007, 09:24 AM
35 Points (One that really got away IMHO)

Can someone tell me what happens to your brain when you walk from the 9th (after shooting 1 over and carding 21 points) to the 10th and then your game turns to hell (came home with 14 points).

ouch chappy. I feel your pain. I lipped out 3 birdies inside 10 feet on my front 9 for 20 points this Saturday and felt unstoppable.... Then went 1,1,1,0,0,3,2,3,2. finished with 13 points on the back. Just ridiculous.

billybaub
24th September 2007, 04:37 PM
Played Carbrook on Sat

Played off 10. Shot a 77 for a nett 67.
CCR was playing as 72 so Ive played to 5 and been chopped by golflink

Finally reached my single figure handicap

Courty
24th September 2007, 04:39 PM
Well done, Billy!

Eag's
24th September 2007, 04:48 PM
Top stuff Billy :smt038

Scoot
24th September 2007, 04:58 PM
Congrats on single figures!

Bruce
24th September 2007, 05:19 PM
Nice shooting Billy!

shazza_rs
24th September 2007, 05:50 PM
Well done Danny!

peter_rs
25th September 2007, 09:34 AM
nice work danny, are you staying at GW with the change?

Onewood
25th September 2007, 04:34 PM
Hi all
Finally got some time off to take Mitchell to golf during the school holidays
He’s playing in the 9 hole Hogs breath tournament
Day1 Home hill golf club 58/23/35
Day 2 Rowes Bay Golf club 56/23/33
Day 3 Townsville Golf club (Tomorrow)

Friday he’s playing in the North Queensland Primary school championships (year 4 and under)

I will update the scores during the week

Ive had a few games of late and finally gone out to 6 :)

markTHEblake
25th September 2007, 10:39 PM
good to see your still alive ya bastard. do you hit your driver all the time on the 15th or do you layup like an old woman?

Onewood
26th September 2007, 03:56 PM
good to see your still alive ya bastard. do you hit your driver all the time on the 15th or do you layup like an old woman?
Got meself some D2's and now I go for it :)

markTHEblake
26th September 2007, 06:53 PM
i used to reach it with a 3 wood - ya still got nuthin.
(and i mean real wood, not these metal things)