PDA

View Full Version : Music tracks

Grunt
18th September 2007, 04:12 PM
HI all

Is there a site or something on the web that will enable me to put the music from a song on a video I have made but not have the singing in it?

I am making a video to put to potential sponsors for my sailing comeback and have found a great track that builds really well for a short video.

Courty
18th September 2007, 04:41 PM
There are several ways to go about this. You need to either source the instrumental version (if it exists) or edit out the vocals using an Audio Editing application:

1. Open the stereo audio file in an audio editor.
2. Select and reverse the phase of the left channel (also called Invert or Flip). This option is usually presented in the Edit menu.
3. Mix the both the left and right channels of the stereo file into a single-channel (mono) audio file. This option is also usually found in the Edit menu, but is sometimes accomplished by editing the file's format properties from the File menu (ie. Sound Forge).
4. Split the single-channel audio file back into a stereo file that has the newly mixed single-channel on both the left and right channels. This procedure is usually close to the one used to mix the channels.
5. Now reverse the phase of the left channel back again, the same way it was accomplished earlier.

Grunt
18th September 2007, 04:43 PM
:-k mmm does seem hard. Not even sure i will have the editing software required.

Courty
18th September 2007, 05:00 PM
:-k mmm does seem hard. Not even sure i will have the editing software required.

I doubt you do, but there are free/ trial versions available. Hopw hard can it be to follow those simple instructions?

AndyP
18th September 2007, 05:46 PM
Don't forget to give credit to the artist and pay royalties.

Grunt
18th September 2007, 05:52 PM
yeah AP, I will once i am crowned Australian Champ :)

Courty
18th September 2007, 07:40 PM
Btw, what's the song (just out of interest)?

Grunt
18th September 2007, 07:44 PM
Snow Patrol - Shut your Eyes

Idea is

Sunrise shots on the start
show the boat being rigged early morning
then some sailing shots
as it speeds up show more sailing in faster positions
then as it climaxes show some great one hull passes in the boat
to end in a close up of me sailing back to the beach
ending with the title "Grunt's Back!"