PDA

View Full Version : R7 Quad

nudgee
28th April 2004, 06:00 PM
So guys when my R7 Quad arrives next week from Tourpsecgolf.com which weight combination should I try first :wink:

Oh boy I have not been this excited since Onewood had his hole in one - yes the other one!!

terryand
28th April 2004, 06:02 PM
Nudgee I think you should go for a high toe mid weight low draw bais with a slight fade at the end :lol:

Terry.

nudgee
28th April 2004, 06:04 PM
Terry,

My thoughts exactly - that way when I spray it out of bounds left it will come back towards the fairway and then draw into place with little backspin :D

Jarro
28th April 2004, 06:07 PM
Nudgee,

you're kidding aren't you :?

I've been reading some reviews of this club from people that watched the Pro's at the Shell Houston Open and it's all really positive. Even John Daly was using one :!:

I think the idea that you can adjust the weighting before each round is awesome..... might help some of us lower our ballflight too :oops: :lol:

nudgee
28th April 2004, 06:11 PM
jarro would I kid about something like that - with a bit of luck you shall verify my story next wednesday - with the money that I sold the Miuras, I bought a set of 690 CBs with rifle shafts and the R7.

Jarro
28th April 2004, 06:58 PM
mate you ARE the master :!: :o

obviously it's the non-conforming Jap version, but even so... it'll turn heads on the first tee at Nudgee all the same :lol:

heard you were getting some new irons... but how did the Ravens play :wink:

goughy
28th April 2004, 07:19 PM
Nudgee, you are amazing.

You'll be putting the R7 into play before most of the pro's.

That is seriously 8) 8) 8)

Jarro
28th April 2004, 07:42 PM
Nudgee, you are amazing.

You'll be putting the R7 into play before most of the pro's.

That is seriously 8) 8) 8)

We should be used to our "Gear Guru" getting his hands on Tour issue stuff before most of us, but i must say this one has taken me quite by surprise :o

really looking forward to hearing a review on this one Nudgee, if it's as good as they all say .... it might be the last driver you need to buy :!:

jaster
28th April 2004, 08:40 PM
You truly are the "GEAR GURU" nudgee :shock: :wink:

jaster
28th April 2004, 09:19 PM
Have a look at Nudgees rank ;) He truly is now the "GEAR GURU" :P

Jarro
29th April 2004, 03:29 AM
nice one Sheriff :wink: :lol:

Onewood
29th April 2004, 06:56 PM
We should be used to our "Gear Guru" getting his hands on Tour issue stuff before most of us, but i must say this one has taken me quite by surprise :o

really looking forward to hearing a review on this one Nudgee, if it's as good as they all say .... it might be the last driver you need to buy :!:

With all due respect to Nudgee I would like to hear from someone in the same group, to back up this review [no self indulgence please] :D Jarro keep us posted 8) :D

Jarro
30th April 2004, 04:48 AM
No worries Onewood ......

.. i'll be watching the clubs performance with keen interest :wink:

nudgee
4th May 2004, 10:02 PM
Howdy,

The R7 turned up today and I am going with the high trajectory draw biasied port combination (sounds like a chinese dish). If the wind is up at nudgee tomorrow I shall change (before game of course) to low draw biaised combo.

As i have reported before the clubs looks a lot better in real life than in photos and when in address position you cannot (of course) see the sole/plate. I hope this beast is a winner.

Jamie

jaster
5th May 2004, 07:42 PM
Howdy,

The R7 turned up today and I am going with the high trajectory draw biasied port combination (sounds like a chinese dish). If the wind is up at nudgee tomorrow I shall change (before game of course) to low draw biaised combo.

As i have reported before the clubs looks a lot better in real life than in photos and when in address position you cannot (of course) see the sole/plate. I hope this beast is a winner.

Jamie

Where is the bloody review??? :shock: :roll: You tell us it has arrived, you get us all wet...I mean excited and now you let us down??? Comeon man :P Jarro...anyone?? What's it like?? 300 word review please

AndyP
5th May 2004, 07:51 PM
And was your marker keeping a close eye on you to ensure that you didn't adjust the club mid-round? :wink:

jaster
5th May 2004, 08:07 PM
And was your marker keeping a close eye on you to ensure that you didn't adjust the club mid-round? :wink:

LOL..give him a few games to fiddle :P

Jarro
5th May 2004, 08:09 PM

i don't think he would have had time to adjust it during the round today. The pace from the old boys was pretty furious :o

As i said earlier, i didn't play in his group .... but i could hear these meteorites crashing to earth behind me all the way around the course :!: :roll:

Heard him mutter something about changing the shaft in it too, but i'll let the big fella fill you all in on that one 8)

nudgee
5th May 2004, 09:42 PM
OK here is my review.

Played the south course at nudgee which is playing really short so only had a chance to pull out the driver 6 times.

I didn't tinker with original combo which I thought was a high launch trajectory - this proved to be incorrect.

My first three hits were mishits - made contact on the outer right side of the face - hmmm I thought this was OK as I was obviously putting shitty swings on the driver - regardless ball still went straight with a low trajectory probably 240m. Anyway pulled my trajectory wheel out to check and the setting I had it at was low - no wonder :roll: !!!

Anyway I decided to move closer in my stance and made solid contact the next 3 drives - straight and around 270m - really nothing to boast about. The shaft felt way too stiff (X-Stiff) and the club felt way too short.

Anyway took it to my mates at HOG and after drooling for a few minutes they tell me that the shaft was 44.5 inches and was equivalent to XX-Stiff. Hence stock shaft is been removed and a NV 75s is on its way will be installed at 45.5" long. The look and feel of this beast is very TP like. Very solid and "hot" of the face. I took the beast for a further test drive at Vic Park and started tweaking with the screws - all I can say is WOW the low/high launch options are extremely noticeable - almost unbelievable the difference a couple of 20 gram ports can make. The fade and draw biaised was not as prominent but the "biais" could definately be felt.

The head does not look big at all and the sound is a sweet solid chink - like a TP - is there a better sound in golf??

Overall I was dissapointed that the stock shaft was way too boardy and just did not feel smooth like an NV. although I must say that with the crappy stocky shaft I did not miss one fairway with the driver even with three shitty swings. Distance wise was shorter than TP I had but I have a sneaky feeling that a 45.5" long NV 75S with the high/Draw biais combo will provide me with the weapon that will deliver big booming consistent drives. Needless to say I am dying to get the NV in and trial this baby for a second round on Saturday.

For the record I scored 43 stableford points with a wash at the last hole courtesy of the most horrific plug lie I have ever experience on the vertical face of the grass coping of a bunker. Almost snapped my wrist tryin in vain to blast the ball out only to see it roll back in the middle of the bunker with about 1/2 kilo of sand/mud covering the ball!!!

Verdict - Round 1 - Not the best of starts but there is certainly an air of anticipation for round 2.

Jarro
6th May 2004, 05:32 AM
nice review mate =D>

I must confess that after seeing the club in the flesh, i was surprised to see how small it looked :? Doesn't look like the stated 400cc at all. Not very long heel/toe but a very deep face 8)

A seriously gorgeous looking driver .... can't wait to hear the review after the NV goes in \:D/

nice score Nudgee O:)

AndyP
6th May 2004, 07:36 AM
Cool review, nudgee. Let us all know how it goes in Round 2 on Saturday.

I think snapping your wrist would have topped your last injury. :mrgreen:

jaster
6th May 2004, 08:15 PM
OK here is my review.

Played the south course at nudgee which is playing really short so only had a chance to pull out the driver 6 times.

I didn't tinker with original combo which I thought was a high launch trajectory - this proved to be incorrect.

My first three hits were mishits - made contact on the outer right side of the face - hmmm I thought this was OK as I was obviously putting shitty swings on the driver - regardless ball still went straight with a low trajectory probably 240m. Anyway pulled my trajectory wheel out to check and the setting I had it at was low - no wonder :roll: !!!

Anyway I decided to move closer in my stance and made solid contact the next 3 drives - straight and around 270m - really nothing to boast about. The shaft felt way too stiff (X-Stiff) and the club felt way too short.

Anyway took it to my mates at HOG and after drooling for a few minutes they tell me that the shaft was 44.5 inches and was equivalent to XX-Stiff. Hence stock shaft is been removed and a NV 75s is on its way will be installed at 45.5" long. The look and feel of this beast is very TP like. Very solid and "hot" of the face. I took the beast for a further test drive at Vic Park and started tweaking with the screws - all I can say is WOW the low/high launch options are extremely noticeable - almost unbelievable the difference a couple of 20 gram ports can make. The fade and draw biaised was not as prominent but the "biais" could definately be felt.

The head does not look big at all and the sound is a sweet solid chink - like a TP - is there a better sound in golf??

Overall I was dissapointed that the stock shaft was way too boardy and just did not feel smooth like an NV. although I must say that with the crappy stocky shaft I did not miss one fairway with the driver even with three shitty swings. Distance wise was shorter than TP I had but I have a sneaky feeling that a 45.5" long NV 75S with the high/Draw biais combo will provide me with the weapon that will deliver big booming consistent drives. Needless to say I am dying to get the NV in and trial this baby for a second round on Saturday.

For the record I scored 43 stableford points with a wash at the last hole courtesy of the most horrific plug lie I have ever experience on the vertical face of the grass coping of a bunker. Almost snapped my wrist tryin in vain to blast the ball out only to see it roll back in the middle of the bunker with about 1/2 kilo of sand/mud covering the ball!!!

Verdict - Round 1 - Not the best of starts but there is certainly an air of anticipation for round 2.

I am so freaking jealous, you are the MAN!!! Can't believe after 1 round that shaft is out of there :roll: But then again you are the MAN!! ;)

So how does it compare to the TP in feel with the .860 COR? Not as solid I would imagine?

nudgee
7th May 2004, 09:44 AM
OK so I got the R7 yesterday reshafted with a Penley S - 73 grams and 3.1 Torque with a mid kick point - bloody no Nvs available and I wanted it for this weekend!!.

Took it to Oxley driving range last night and boy the shaft has made a ton of difference.Length is 45.5 and not 44.5 as the stock shaft was - this shaft feels so beautiful compared to the TM shaft that it is almost unbelieveable - why does TM keep persisting on putting crappy shafts in their great heads??.

Anyway here is my driving review - played from the grass tees.

Combo 1 - High
This combo reminds me of my TP - looooong and huge hang time - could not see whether I was getting any roll as it was night time but they sure felt solid hits.
Combo 2 - Low
Boy what a difference - the shaft worked 10X better than the previous one. Trajectory was low to mid and by the trajectory I felt I would be getting a ton of roll but could not confirm coz it was dark.
Combo 3 - Mid with Draw Biais
Bingo this is my set combo - mid trajectory bullets that exploded off the face and I am sure I was getting a ton of roll - in two shots I hit the big tree at the back on the full - (heard the big crack) - my gay fade turned into a slight draw - hmmm looove it. I got so excited with this combo that I didn't bother tinkering with the other 3 options. Can't wait to get it out there on sat at Nudgee.

I must admit I was really surprised with how good the penleys were.

Also took my newly reshafted 2FW Rescue Tour - it too was shafted with a Penley Stiff and boy this club is a beast - effing long and so easy to work with - low/high/draw/fade shots. I have a felling this will be my goto club for some time to come yet!!!

One thing I do not like about the R7 is the weird looks people give you when you are changing screws on the head - its like a "what the" look.

Jarro - don't waste your time with the 200 tour my man - a 14 degree TP or Tour with a good shaft in it will blow you away and I bet you any money it wont be too far behind your driver - a hell of a lot easier to hit too!!!

Jaster - the R7 feels just as solid as the 510TP. Bighitter from BSG has reported hitting the ball up to 30 yards longer with his TP R7 as he has been able to dial it in correctly to his swing. I doubt that I will pick up 30 yards but if it gets me a consistent result plus a few extra yards, it will reamin in the bag for while which in HO time means at least 3 months.

i will give a review after my round and perhaps take some pics.

terryand
7th May 2004, 09:49 AM
Sounds great Nudgee :smt089

Good review :smt023

Terry.

Jarro
7th May 2004, 10:34 AM
Jarro - don't waste your time with the 200 tour my man - a 14 degree TP or Tour with a good shaft in it will blow you away and I bet you any money it wont be too far behind your driver - a hell of a lot easier to hit too!!!

thanks mate :roll: I didn't need to hear that #-o

jaster
7th May 2004, 11:41 AM
Well done nudgee, can't wait to see this beast at City next Friday ;) Glad that it feels like to TP, the TP is still superb!!! :shock:
I take what Big Hitter posts with a grain of salt, he has picked up 30yards with each new TM driver :shock: :roll: :wink:

AndyP
7th May 2004, 11:43 AM
Jaster, aren't you looking forward to seeing the Palmer Prism 10.5° this Saturday? :( :roll:

jaster
7th May 2004, 12:00 PM
Jaster, aren't you looking forward to seeing the Palmer Prism 10.5° this Saturday? :( :roll:

Mate I love golf clubs but I am not a club snob, I don't care what you use as long as you don't annoy me and enjoy yourself :P :wink: Me and goughy are excited :shock:

Jarro
7th May 2004, 02:24 PM
Jaster, aren't you looking forward to seeing the Palmer Prism 10.5° this Saturday? :( :roll: :smt078 :lol:

AndyP
7th May 2004, 02:44 PM
Jaster, aren't you looking forward to seeing the Palmer Prism 10.5° this Saturday? :( :roll: :smt078 :lol:
That's enough of that. After all, it did outdrive Terry, Iain and 990B Luva at Wynnum. :mrgreen:

Jarro
7th May 2004, 02:59 PM
That's enough of that. After all, it did outdrive Terry, Iain and 990B Luva at Wynnum. :mrgreen:

yeah...yeah.. :roll: :lol:

jaster
7th May 2004, 03:52 PM

Was that on that par 3?

Jarro
8th May 2004, 04:00 AM
sounds like a challenge to me Jaster :wink:

Palmer Prism Vs. TP :-k :lol:

Eag's
9th May 2004, 08:38 AM
Wow :smt118 had to keep whiping my bloody chin reading your review Nudgee. Or should I say "Gear Guru" :smt098

Iain
9th May 2004, 12:10 PM
That's enough of that. After all, it did outdrive Terry, Iain and 990B Luva at Wynnum.

Once... :roll: [/quote]

AndyP
9th May 2004, 05:22 PM
That's enough of that. After all, it did outdrive Terry, Iain and 990B Luva at Wynnum.

Once... :roll:
Once is enough. \:D/ :roll:

Shows how well I know my own clubs. It's actually 10°. :oops:

Palmer Prism Vs. TP
For the record, the TP just snuck home.
However, I was offended by Jaster calling my driver a Taylor Made copy. :smt076 More like the Taylor Made is a Palmer copy. :wink:

Time for another review of your driver thingy, nudgee.

jaster
9th May 2004, 08:16 PM
For the record, the TP just snuck home.
However, I was offended by Jaster calling my driver a Taylor Made copy. :smt076 More like the Taylor Made is a Palmer copy. :wink:

Ummmm....looks like a copy to me :P

http://valueguide.pga.com/images/TM/Woods/burner_bubble_med.jpg

Jarro
9th May 2004, 08:57 PM
thought those sticks of yours looked familiar AndyP :roll:

Golfgirl
11th May 2004, 08:14 PM
Hi Guys!

I've enjoyed reading about the adventures of the R7 - sounds like a great driver, and I am simply dying to demo one.... (If TM in their wisdom have a ladies shaft in one of these things...)

Matt is going to the official launch in Sydney next week (or the week after)??? But I have to stay home with junior - I am heartbroken. :smt009

I need a new driver, and this one sounds really good - I will just spend the next week or so begging and see if I get a pressie.... [-o<

McMw
17th May 2004, 12:46 PM
Serg has one!!!

http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages/photos/50826183RM012_Byron_Nelson051621_lower.jpg

is there a TP version, or is that the way TM is going now...slapping a TP logo on anything nowadays!!! :roll: :lol:

andylo
17th May 2004, 01:49 PM
An interesting post from US's golf forum on the R7.... which give a new view on the R7s:

I had a beer or 5 with a friend of mine who plays TM gear on 2 Tours....He told me not to give his name with this post cause TM would be really pissed if they see it.....So, in the interest of stirring the pot a little, read on....

He told me that a number of TOUR players are reluctant to make the switch to the R7 because it has so many options. His opinion is that with all the options, what was perfect on Thursday might not be great on Friday. He said that the guys have been testing it and are having a lot of trouble with getting their heads around exactly why a 2 gram shift in weight can have as much of an effect as the techs are telling them. Their thinking is, if moving the weight around is so great, then they should be testing different configurations each day depending on conditions, how they are swinging, etc...And, if the weighting is perfect for one shot, but less then ideal for another, what effect will that have on the less then perfectly weighted shot (ie. if they have it set up to launch high, what will happen if they want to hammer a low one into a breeze?)....He basically said that lots of the guys out there don't need another thing to think about....

He also implied that guys are always thinking about the weights coming loose, etc, instead of hitting the shots. Ever hit a shot with a head you think might have lost the epoxy bond even if its tight? You always leave a little behind....same mentality apparently.....some guys are even having the TM techs epoxy the weights into place, which is no good according to the techs, but they do it anyway to make the players happy.....

He said some guys have found that the R7 is TOO GOOD at eliminating a certain flight (ie. draw) and if they step up to a hole that requires a draw, they aren't sure they can hit it (even TOUR pro's think like me I guess.... ...although I'm not sure I can hit shots cause of my swing, not my driver.... ). He said that so many of them are so happy with their current set up, they are not going to be switching as quickly as we think.......Apparently, they all understand that they could see huge gains in certain areas of their driving IN THEORY, but are having a hard time testing all the configurations in mid-season to make a switch worth while......It sounded like they like the idea of the adjustable head, but really just want a balanced driver that they can hit all the shots with....

He did say that he gained about 10 yards by playing around with the weighting, especially on calm days when he just set the weights in a way that let him launch it high with no spin.....He thought his carry distances might be 5 yards longer and 5 more yards roll......

I know this is a pro-TM board and everyone is really hyped about the R7 coming out (for the record, I'm pretty excited to get my hands on one too....it worked really well when I hit one a few weeks ago.....) but I thought this input was interesting, especially from a TOUR player.......

Take it for what it's worth......and make up your own mind.....I'm not trying to do that for you......

And again, before you flame me for ripping on the R7......DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER!!!!

McMw
17th May 2004, 01:56 PM
good read!!!

if the "pros" are having trouble deciding on a configuration from day to day (let alone the hole to hole example given) - what hope the hackers?!?!?

andylo
17th May 2004, 02:02 PM
I am afraid (not the HO type one) won't have enough knowledge to worry about it. :(

jaster
17th May 2004, 02:04 PM
There is a TP version coming out ;)

I disagree with what that dude is saying in that post, the R7 is not about eliminating certain shots, it's about customising a driver to suit your needs perfectly. Saying that I seriously doubt I will be changing. My TP is a bomber that is getting better and better every game :smt118

Jarro
17th May 2004, 02:17 PM
I WANT ONE =P~

Golfgirl
17th May 2004, 06:31 PM
Interesting post - but I still want one, and hubby has agreed that I can get one even if they don't come in ladies shafts, and he will reshaft it for me. :D

I am curious - I am in the process of a swing change which will emphasize the draw that I produce when I strike the ball well - as opposed to the block that I hit the rest of the time - so if I have the r7 head set up to the high draw combination and I produce a decent swing - will it turn the shot into a vicious hook? :? :?:

Still can't wait to get my hands on one..... 8)

goughy
17th May 2004, 06:47 PM
Just so you know gg, I've added you to my hate list. Just behind nudgee. :twisted: :twisted: :D

Jarro
17th May 2004, 07:49 PM
I still want one :D

Onewood
17th May 2004, 09:38 PM
I will post my reveiw tomorrow night :wink: :D

andylo
18th May 2004, 08:24 AM
WHAT??? Kev, you got one ALREADY??!??!?!?!?!?!?!!!

Golfgirl
18th May 2004, 08:25 AM
Just so you know gg, I've added you to my hate list. Just behind nudgee. :twisted: :twisted: :D

Look on the bright side Goughy - if I hate it, you'll know where you can get one cheap..... :P

jaster
18th May 2004, 04:05 PM
Anyone going to buy this??

Near new (used once on golf course only) TM R7 Quad driver 10.5 (HiCOR)stock MAS6 R flex for sale - comes with all orig grip and MINT R7 headcover, wrench etc. Very minimal (if any) sole wear and face wear. 45" and D1.
$569US shipped and paypaled.

Jarro
18th May 2004, 04:11 PM
Anyone going to buy this??

Near new (used once on golf course only) TM R7 Quad driver 10.5 (HiCOR)stock MAS6 R flex for sale - comes with all orig grip and MINT R7 headcover, wrench etc. Very minimal (if any) sole wear and face wear. 45" and D1.
$569US shipped and paypaled.

not me.....

.. i'm waiting for Nudgee to get sick of his :wink: :lol:

goughy
18th May 2004, 06:01 PM

Look on the bright side Goughy - if I hate it, you'll know where you can get one cheap..... :P

[-o< :D

AndyP
19th May 2004, 03:47 AM
You need to worry about getting a 3W first, goughy. :P

goughy
19th May 2004, 05:04 AM
:smt022 :smt021 :smt014 :smt100 :smt089 :smt062 :smt013 :smt011 ](*,) #-o I know andy. Bloody 3 wood.

AndyP
19th May 2004, 05:11 AM
:smt022 :smt021 :smt014 :smt100 :smt089 :smt062 :smt013 :smt011 ](*,) #-o
I hear ya. :? :roll:

nudgee
19th May 2004, 08:56 AM
Jarro,

Your wishes may just come true. There is a good chance that I will be able to get my hands on a R7 Quad TP version within the next 2-3 weeks thanks to my "contacts" and obviously I will keep this TP version and there will be an R7 Quad with a Fuji Tour Spec Speeder 757 for sale. Oh yeah forgot to mention that the Penley shaft is been replaced by a Fuji 757 Tour Spec and Graphics - there was nothing wrong with the Penely Shaft but when you are given a Fuji shaft then I could not resist putting it in the R7 (currently underway).

Jarro for you good price!

Courty
19th May 2004, 10:07 AM
Just in case the deal with jarro falls through, I would like to officially register my interest in the R7 if and when it gets kicked out of the stable. :wink: :D

Jarro
19th May 2004, 02:02 PM
Jarro,

Your wishes may just come true. There is a good chance that I will be able to get my hands on a R7 Quad TP version within the next 2-3 weeks thanks to my "contacts" and obviously I will keep this TP version and there will be an R7 Quad with a Fuji Tour Spec Speeder 757 for sale. Oh yeah forgot to mention that the Penley shaft is been replaced by a Fuji 757 Tour Spec and Graphics - there was nothing wrong with the Penely Shaft but when you are given a Fuji shaft then I could not resist putting it in the R7 (currently underway).

You da man Jamie :!: :smt026 :smt023 =D>

thanks buddy .... let me know when the deal is to proceed :wink: :D

nudgee
19th May 2004, 03:09 PM
Very p$%ed off at the moment - the boys at HOG have told me that the Fuji Shaft 757 which I was gonna put in the R7 cannot be pulled out of the crappy C4 tour is installed in - something to do with the fact that the composite C4 head cannot be heated as it would destroy it!! I really don't care about the C4 head but they would have to cut the shaft to get it out and then it would be too short for the driver.

Man just when I was looking forward to trying a Fuji 757 in the R7.

Anyway - I will be sweating on my mate coming through with the goods on the R7 TP.

McMw
19th May 2004, 03:12 PM
nudgee,

I'm sure you and jarro can come to some sort of an understanding with his 757... :wink:

jaster
19th May 2004, 04:03 PM
Very p$%ed off at the moment - the boys at HOG have told me that the Fuji Shaft 757 which I was gonna put in the R7 cannot be pulled out of the crappy C4 tour is installed in - something to do with the fact that the composite C4 head cannot be heated as it would destroy it!! I really don't care about the C4 head but they would have to cut the shaft to get it out and then it would be too short for the driver.

Man just when I was looking forward to trying a Fuji 757 in the R7.

Anyway - I will be sweating on my mate coming through with the goods on the R7 TP.

Nudgee - YOU ARE DA' MAN :)

Now as for not being able to pull the fuji...BS!!!

Using a graphite shaft puller I would only heat with a thin rod down the inside of the shaft, and heat this rod with a propane torch for 20 seconds at a time. To much heat will damage the graphite clubhead. I would not apply any heat directly to the clubhead.

If this doesn't work my clubmaker will be able to get it out....no problems :)

jaster
19th May 2004, 04:05 PM
Jarro,

Far out mate :shock: What you going to do with the 300 tour?? :smt109

Jarro
19th May 2004, 04:58 PM
Jarro,

Far out mate :shock: What you going to do with the 300 tour?? :smt109

Jaster, if and when i manage to steal this R7 off Nudgee, i'll still keep the 300 Tour... it's too good a club to let go of 8)

Nudgee, hope you can get that 757 in it.... i'll bet she'd kick ass with that shaft in her :shock:

Please do your best to make this combo happen :wink: :lol:

Golfgirl
19th May 2004, 04:58 PM
Use a heat gun not a propane torch - less chance of damage.... :D

McMw
22nd May 2004, 08:48 PM
Just four weeks after its debut, TaylorMade's r7 quad became the most used driver on the PGA Tour with 26 in play at the EDS Byron Nelson Champ-ionship. Among those switching to the club last week were Sergio Garcia (winner), Tim Herron (T-4) and Nick Price (T-7).

yaknow...I actually can't wait to this driver... :D
this could be THE TM driver I can finally get on board with...(of coz the XR03 is a given)... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jarro
23rd May 2004, 03:17 AM
Just four weeks after its debut, TaylorMade's r7 quad became the most used driver on the PGA Tour with 26 in play at the EDS Byron Nelson Champ-ionship. Among those switching to the club last week were Sergio Garcia (winner), Tim Herron (T-4) and Nick Price (T-7).

yaknow...I actually can't wait to this driver... :D
this could be THE TM driver I can finally get on board with...(of coz the XR03 is a given)... :lol: :lol: :lol:

i don't know Mau :smt017

you're not a fan of the standard TM drivers SOUND, and this club sounds like most of the TM drivers i've heard.

The big difference being is that it doesn't feel like it sounds :-k very solid feel .... but with the hollow sound 8)

McMw
23rd May 2004, 07:34 AM
okay...cheers for that...

it's just been crossed off the christmas list!!! :D

990B Luva
1st June 2004, 02:29 PM
so how does it go GAZ :?: :?: