PDA

View Full Version : Pro-shop thread Locking

AndyP
10th September 2007, 10:20 AM
Why don't you just lock pro-shop threads as soon as they're posted then, let serious buyers respond to the seller via PM's only ?

even better idea, they do this with Golfwrx and WTB threads too.

You have the option of locking them yourself too.

If people think it's a good idea, we could do it, but sometimes general questions about the equipment, are best answered where everyone can see it.

IMO if anyone is genuine in buying it they will just send you a pm and that will be the end of the story

AP I think locking the post down and letting serious buyers PM the seller is a great idea.
Is this something we want?

At this stage, there is no function to automatically lock a thread in an area as soon as it is posted, and a quick look didn't find a mod that could do it.

If it's wanted, I'd have to look into it some more.

Alternatively, the moderators could go nazi on the off-topic posts in any Pro Shop thread, but determining who is a serious buyer and who is not is always hard.

dc68
10th September 2007, 10:24 AM
Is this replacing anything?

3oneday
10th September 2007, 10:27 AM
Rather than you spend time looking, what about something as simple as this.....

In the initial post, the seller states no off topic please

If this is left off, fair game ;)... IMHO anyway :)

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 10:30 AM
No Locking, or give the seller the choice.

IMHO buyers need to post publicly that they will buy it. If someone was to post a PM that they will take it, and then someone posts publicly they will take it, the latter will be dirty cos he thinks he got it.

Well thats what i prefer for my sales anyway.

3oneday
10th September 2007, 10:32 AM
You probably lose the opportunity to ***bump*** if it's locked as well I guess.

AndyP
10th September 2007, 10:36 AM
Rather than you spend time looking, what about something as simple as this.....

In the initial post, the seller states no off topic please

If this is left off, fair game ;)... IMHO anyway :)
Yep, that's what I mentioned when talking about some of nudgee's threads.

Having to lock selective threads would be painful from a moderation point of view too.
If it's locked, the thread starter wouldn't be able to amend price or other details, as well.

dc68
10th September 2007, 10:40 AM
Well thats what i prefer for my sales anyway.

But no one will buy your dirty old Keith Knox and Eric Cremin crubs anyway.

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 10:44 AM
But no one will buy your dirty old Keith Knox and Eric Cremin crubs anyway.

being relatively new around here you may not hve noticed that I usually only sell brand new tour issue gear.

So Up Yours!

AndyP
10th September 2007, 10:47 AM
Trust dc68 to take a thread talking about ways to combat off-topic posting, off-topic.

Moe Norman
10th September 2007, 10:56 AM
i reckon PM's regarding sales should be disabled, not the other way around.

If you want to be a low baller, have the guts to do so in public!

3oneday
10th September 2007, 10:58 AM
If you want to be a low baller, have the guts to do so in public!:smt045 :smt038

poidda
10th September 2007, 11:09 AM
Just out of interest, why is this even being discussed? Are people having problems buying and selling stuff in the Pro-shop? If people are having problesm selling stuff, than stop trying to sell shyte.

Jarro
10th September 2007, 11:13 AM
You calling my G2 shite mate ?!?

:p

poidda
10th September 2007, 11:19 AM
You calling my G2 shite mate ?!?

:p

nah, but I'll give you $50 for it! ;)

Moe Norman
10th September 2007, 11:25 AM
haha!

Johnny Canuck
10th September 2007, 01:08 PM
for the majority of the site, posting "wittY" comments in the pro shop is half the fun. it also provides a free bump for you listing, so you shouldn't complain.

i don't think the main purpose of this website is buying and selling gear and sales shouldn't be treated with such seriousness. if you can't handle being asked if there are pop-ups, what's replacing or being called a tyre kicker, take your sales to ebay.

$55 for that G2.

jc

poidda
10th September 2007, 01:26 PM
$55 for that G2.

This isn't an aunction site! Take your business to ebay! :)

dc68
10th September 2007, 02:08 PM
Trust dc68 to take a thread talking about ways to combat off-topic posting, off-topic.

Moi?

McCoy
10th September 2007, 03:52 PM
The seller can put "No PM bids accepted" in their post if they've an issue with them.
In general I reckon Andy could delete the posts where people just post emoticons, they're just pointless.

McCoy
10th September 2007, 03:52 PM
:smt038

Jarro
10th September 2007, 03:56 PM
:roll:

3oneday
10th September 2007, 03:59 PM
Dogs are tossers

3oneday
10th September 2007, 04:08 PM
At least we're playing next weekend :p

Da mn, I'm talking with myself :roll:

Ducky
10th September 2007, 06:25 PM
=;

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 06:57 PM
Well there you go Andyp, it would seem that the quorum has agreed that the proshop threads should not be locked, unless the individual seller wants to.

Now lock this one down.

just
10th September 2007, 07:55 PM
I think there should be a 20 post limit before you can sell stuff!:razz:

I say no to locking the threads, Pro Shop postings are the most amusing thing on here.

Fishman Dan
10th September 2007, 10:18 PM
Sellers should man-up and learn to let some posts go through to the keeper ;)

Worst thread ever.

AndyP
11th September 2007, 07:20 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing what Gaz, Perci and Rick have to say, as they sell quite a bit of gear here.

BrisVegas
11th September 2007, 07:29 AM
as long as guys like perci, nudgee, rick, nudgee, 3oneday etc etc keep putting great clubs up for sale at crazy prices, then I don't care what happens in the Pro Shop. Nearly every club I've owned in the past 5 years has come from there (and returned to there).

Eag's
11th September 2007, 10:00 AM
as long as guys like perci, nudgee, rick, nudgee, 3oneday etc etc keep putting great clubs up for sale at crazy prices, then I don't care what happens in the Pro Shop. Nearly every club I've owned in the past 5 years has come from there (and returned to there).

Amen brother :smt023