PDA

View Full Version : My baby is engaged!!!

Flowergirl
9th September 2007, 12:58 AM
Happy to say that my daughter and her boyfriend have announced their engagement. Couldn't be happier. :mrgreen:

markTHEblake
9th September 2007, 01:08 AM
Congratulations Flowergran

Grunt
9th September 2007, 03:06 AM
Congrats FG

Jarro
9th September 2007, 05:13 AM
Congrats Reenie & John :smt038 :smt023

Flowergirl
9th September 2007, 08:06 AM
Best thing is they want to get married up on the beach in Queensland. I can see some golf happening. An expensive way to get a game of golf though:shock:

andylo
9th September 2007, 08:16 AM
Congrats FG ;)

Any idea where they wanna go?

Webster
9th September 2007, 08:18 AM
I smell a bun in the oven..

Courty
9th September 2007, 08:36 AM
Congrats to Reenie & Reenie Jr. :mrgreen:

terryand
9th September 2007, 10:13 AM
What are we congratulating FG for :-s

We should be congratulating the poor guy that has her for a MIL for the rest of his life.

;) :smt060

Terry.

Grunt
9th September 2007, 01:03 PM
FG, would be a far greater Mother in Law than I have, not that it is too hard to beat mine.

markTHEblake
9th September 2007, 01:18 PM
Everyones MIL is better than your own.

Flowergirl
9th September 2007, 01:26 PM
I smell a bun in the oven..

Nope - your wrong Mr Smartarse;)

markTHEblake
9th September 2007, 01:29 PM
Your must be in the bad books Jack, I never even got a whimper from the same wisecrack.

Fishman Dan
9th September 2007, 02:56 PM
Best thing is they want to get married up on the beach in Queensland. I can see some golf happening. An expensive way to get a game of golf though:shock:

As if you'll be thinking about golf!

Congrats Reenie.

If my mother-in-laws reaction is anything to go by, you must be delighted. Then again, you might like the guy your daughter is marrying.

amanda
9th September 2007, 03:18 PM
Congrats to all! A beach wedding in Qld sounds fantastic! (put her on to www.i-do.com.au (http://www.i-do.com.au) - best wedding website in Oz)

Eag's
9th September 2007, 03:45 PM
Congrats Reenie & John :D

BrisVegas
9th September 2007, 04:19 PM
awesome Reenie. Very happy for you.

Jarro
9th September 2007, 04:22 PM
You'll be the sexiest granny on the block soon Reenie ;)

Moe Norman
9th September 2007, 05:50 PM
Congrats to all! A beach wedding in Qld sounds fantastic! (put her on to www.i-do.com.au (http://www.i-do.com.au) - best wedding website in Oz)
I dunno Amanda, I reckon https://www.idealbride.com.au/wedding-magazine is pretty good.

The chick on the cover of the QLD issue is a real sort :smt023

amanda
9th September 2007, 06:19 PM
Moe - the number of posts in the forums/chat area is pretty low - but may be a good local site.

Moe Norman
9th September 2007, 06:44 PM
did something just fly iover your head Amanda?

perci
9th September 2007, 08:10 PM
Whats his handicap.....is he a Ho..........oh and.. "Any Popup's".
Congrat's Reenie!

Flowergirl
9th September 2007, 09:12 PM
Is the bride gunna wear white ?
I hope she is pure on her wedding day..like her mum.

Maybe off- white!!! Gee lucky I bought new clubs cos there's going to be no money left after this event is over!!:shock:

BrisWesty
9th September 2007, 09:28 PM
Congrats Reenie & John,
Pacific Harbour wouldn't be cheap (or have you sworn off that place since last year's champs).
They could always get hitched at Kooralbyn on the champs weekend?? T'would be a heck of a reception.

shazza_rs
10th September 2007, 07:05 AM
congrats (pseudo) sister... :)

BrisVegas
10th September 2007, 08:21 AM
I dunno Amanda, I reckon https://www.idealbride.com.au/wedding-magazine is pretty good.

The chick on the cover of the QLD issue is a real sort :smt023

As if you'd have a chance with a hottie like that moe. :roll: :wink:

amanda
10th September 2007, 08:24 AM
did something just fly iover your head Amanda?

You recommended a website - and I simply replied on what I thought about the quality of it's online community - which would be more important to any bride-to-be than the woman on the cover (and what magazine editor would ever put a not-good-looking person on a cover? we do live in a material goods and image based society)

Unless perhaps you specifically know the person on the cover - which wasn't clear from your original post?

Moe Norman
10th September 2007, 10:00 AM
Amanda,

It's my wife. I wouldn't have a clue which bridal website is good, why the hell would I? :)

Flowergirl
10th September 2007, 10:11 AM
Amanda,

It's my wife. I wouldn't have a clue which bridal website is good, why the hell would I? :)

Ok..........now all is revealed!!!!!! I could not figure out why you were trawling bridal magazines. And yes - she is beautiful.

amanda
10th September 2007, 10:30 AM
Ahhh - see it all makes sense now!

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 12:39 PM
Ahhh - see it all makes sense now!

I think it makes even less sense now.

3oneday
10th September 2007, 12:53 PM
I think it makes even less sense now.exactly, why is Moes wife in a bridal magazine ? and he knows about it ??

:confused:

:lol:

Moe Norman
10th September 2007, 01:00 PM
we found out about it last year, we were never asked for permission and it turns out that the photographer sold them the picture without even contacting us, let alone asking us.

I've been fighting with the editor for a while over it, but now I've been directed to argue with the photographer instead.

Either way, I just want to make a buck out of it, after reviewing what we signed when hiring the photographer, its not really cricket to then sell the private wedding pics without our permission.

anyway, lets get back to congratulating Flowergran

Flowergirl
28th October 2007, 10:29 PM
The wedding dress was purchased today. She looked stunning in it. She cried - I cried - the shop lady cried - so we knew it was the right dress!!!!! It was a kodak moment.:lol:
Such a beautiful mother - daughter moment that I will always treasure. Oh my god - how am I going to keep it together when I see her on John's arm walking down the ailse? He'll have this funny little smile and his head titled to the side trying to keep it all together.

PeteyD
28th October 2007, 10:38 PM
that is sad and sweet at the same time. Something I can look forward too in about 40 years I guess :D hehe

Onewood
29th October 2007, 07:28 AM
Congrats Reenie & John

And to the new son to be and daughter