PDA

View Full Version : Rudd can speak Mandarin!!!!

Scoot
8th September 2007, 09:26 AM
Why are we so impressed that Kevin Rudd can speak Mandarin?

Moe Norman
8th September 2007, 12:03 PM
because if you like Rudd already, you're a confirmed idiot. Things like this would, of course, impress idiots.

Scoot
8th September 2007, 12:08 PM
because if you like Rudd already, you're a confirmed idiot. Things like this would, of course, impress idiots.

LOL

PeteyD
8th September 2007, 01:27 PM
Ha Post of the year Moe!

Jarro
8th September 2007, 02:30 PM
Can little johnnie speak mandarin ?

Or does he only speak American ?

goughy
8th September 2007, 03:31 PM
Can little johnnie speak mandarin ?

Or does he only speak American ?

I can't understand a word howard says. His voice is still muffled by bush's butt!

Moe Norman
8th September 2007, 04:05 PM
yes, because sucking up to Bush is political point scoring and should win him plenty of votes right?

idiots.

goughy
8th September 2007, 04:14 PM
idiots.

I pretty much haven't seen anyone in politics that impresses me. Does that make me an idiot? ;)

markTHEblake
8th September 2007, 06:06 PM
Goughy for PM

BrisWesty
8th September 2007, 07:48 PM
GWB apparently tried to speak Austrian at OPEC, oops APEC.

just
8th September 2007, 08:23 PM

You call others idiots for criticising Howard, yet if you actually knew anything about politics and could have a critical conversation about either side of left/right debate I'd be highly surprised. No critical comment on his policies just diatribe. You vote, not based on any analysis of policy but because 'me dad voted Liberal and he told me those commie unionist bastards and those lefty bleeding hearts are ruining the country'. Luckily for you, our country allows you to do this. And before anyone starts I'd get stuck into anyone who craps on about Howard in the same manner.

And for the original poster its a talking point because the vast majority of politicians, in this country and others, can hardly speak their own language let alone another countries. It's up to you whether or not to be impressed.

Eag's
8th September 2007, 08:31 PM
2 topics that should never be discussed in a public forum are Religion and Politics Let the dribble begin :roll:

goughy
8th September 2007, 08:52 PM
Unfortunately political debates can get pretty heated. Luckily I know nothing about politics. Don't get me started on religion ;)

goughy
8th September 2007, 08:57 PM
2 topics that should never be discussed in a public forum are Religion and Politics
Let the dribble begin :roll:

Rob said circumcision is another one to stay away from! But lets not start one on it now!

Courty
8th September 2007, 09:29 PM
Jesus was a hack. :p

Scoot
8th September 2007, 10:03 PM
You call others idiots for criticising Howard, yet if you actually knew anything about politics and could have a critical conversation about either side of left/right debate I'd be highly surprised. No critical comment on his policies just diatribe. You are a tool, but unfortunately you vote, not based on any analysis of policy but because 'me dad voted Liberal and he told me those commie unionist bastards and those lefty bleeding hearts are ruining the country'. Luckily for a dumbarse like you, our country allows you to do this. And before anyone starts I'd get stuck into anyone who craps on about Howard in the same manner.

And for the original poster its a talking point because the vast majority of politicians, in this country and others, can hardly speak their own language let alone another countries. It's up to you whether or not to be impressed.

What???

Not happy? Might be an idea to start another thread for your concerns there. I'm not sure that had much to do with this one.

As for the original post, it was intended to discuss / joke:

1 That Mr Rudd thinks that the Chinese would be impressed / honoured that he can speak a sentence in their language, and that we as Australians should be proud that he can do so.

2 That anytime an Australian is seen or heard in the company of a high ranking official of a large country, the Australian media blows it's load.

Additionally, it was penned with a great deal of sarcasm, as I agree with Moe.

I do however acknowledge that Mr Rudd, along with the vast majority of others in the political arena can in fact speak, and have a acceptable understanding of our language.

Moe Norman
8th September 2007, 10:32 PM
What policies Just?

The 'get elected' policies?

What exactly does Rudd stand for?

The only difference between Rudd and the last 3 clowns they presented the voting public with, is that instead of saying "whatever they do, we won't" he now says "we agree with them, except for such key issues as climate change and speaking mandarin"

Clearly you are a Kevin07 fan, and my tongue in cheek comment regarding being impressed by someone who spent a few years as a diplomat in China, shock horror, being able to speak Chinese, got you a little worked up.

I didn't crap on about Howard, but the accusation of diatribe is amusing. A bloke by the name of Bush is subjected to more uninformed diatribe than anyone on the planet. Shit, he pronounced a word incorrectly - must mean he is an idiot!

I wouldn't know who my dad voted for, it wasn't dicussed in our house, they preferred to let us make our own minds up.

Critical comment on policies? What policies? "We'll end the blame game, but we will take over the labor run hospitals because they are no good at it" but if the Government dare criticise the state governments inept running of health, they are just shifting the blame, despite the fact the basis of our policy is an admission that our own party has buggered it up!

"We'll fix the water crisis, despite the fact that 10 years ago when I was a bureaucrat in state government I completely f#cked the chance to address it with some foresight"

"I don't have a policy on housing affordability, but I'll mention the word alot and host a summit where people that know what they're talking about talk alot, that way it might look like I have a solution, but I won't actually announce a policy, but if I do I might announce it in mandarin to make sure I impress a few more people!"

I could go on forever, lets just hope we don't have any small business owners here with underperforming staff.

Fishman Dan
8th September 2007, 10:40 PM
Moe is afraid that if Labor gets in, he might have to use Brookwater Balls AAA grade Pro V's.

FWIW - I think it's great that he was able to conduct the entire discussion in Mandarin. Scott - if you think Rudd did it to show off, you're sillier than those hairy-legged bull-dykes who are out protesting. Do you think that everyone in the world should conduct all meetings in English? Chances are he just gave an interpreter the morning off.

As for lack of policies Moe - what on earth are you crapping on about? They're all as bad as each other..... although I think it would be hard to have worse foreign policy than Mr Howard.

goughy
9th September 2007, 05:17 AM
I could go on forever, lets just hope we don't have any small business owners here with underperforming staff.

Hey, that's me, me me me me me. I've had underperforming staff! Me me me me me. Some real wankers who've really tried to take me to the cleaners!!! Well, no they didn't. But some have really screwed me around the block and back again! Not in the courts of anything though. IF they did that, I wouldn't have enough money left to run ozgolf!!

Scoot
9th September 2007, 07:51 AM
FWIW - I think it's great that he was able to conduct the entire discussion in Mandarin. Scott - if you think Rudd did it to show off, you're sillier than those hairy-legged bull-dykes who are out protesting. Do you think that everyone in the world should conduct all meetings in English? Chances are he just gave an interpreter the morning off.

As for lack of policies Moe - what on earth are you crapping on about? They're all as bad as each other..... although I think it would be hard to have worse foreign policy than Mr Howard.[/quote]

Dan,

It's my understanding that Rudd spoke in Mandarin at a welcome address at a lunch being hosted by John Howard. Not quite the pinnicle of International diplomacy moments, and btw I think that meetings can be conducted in any language.

Regardless of peoples thoughts / political beleifs, I still think that the media blew it's load.

Fishman Dan
9th September 2007, 08:24 PM
That's because no one wants to work in your small business for more than 2 months so you don't need to sack them unfairly.