PDA

View Full Version : Tv Series: Nowhere Man

markTHEblake
28th September 2004, 07:58 PM
Is there any fans here of the TV series, Nowhere Man?
It was shown in Australia around 1997 just once and has never been seen again, nor has been released to Video or DVD - however despite that has a cult following.

There is a bootleg DVD for sale for US$120, or copies that can be downloaded using P2P off the net. The quality of these are excellent, but for 25 episodes is 9gig of download which could take years for 1 person :-(

I am interested to know if anyone is interested in sharing resources to acquire this TV series whether that be buying or downloading?

The Synopis from www.nowhereman.org : Thomas Veil, a photojournalist, has his identity erased by a mysterious conspiracy. His wife doesn’t recognize him, the key to his house doesn’t work, and his ATM cards are useless. People are chasing him, but he doesn’t know why, except that it has something to do with "Hidden Agenda", a picture of an execution he took a year earlier that’s missing from his studio. He has the negative, "they" want it, and the hunt is on. Tom Veil is hunting for the truth, while "they" are hunting him for the negative. The show was created by Lawrence ("Larry") Hertzog and starred Bruce Greenwood.

damoocow
28th September 2004, 08:18 PM
His wife doesn’t recognize him, the key to his house doesn’t work, and his ATM cards are useless. People are chasing him, but he doesn’t know why,

Hang on a minute - sounds a lot like my life - think I need a good lawyer.
damoocow

Ducky
28th September 2004, 10:52 PM
You know what was a great TV show? The Shield! What the hell happened to it?

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

goughy
29th September 2004, 04:15 AM
It's back on saturday nights I think Ducky

Fishman Dan
29th September 2004, 08:22 AM
You know what was a great TV show? The Shield! What the hell happened to it?

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Yep, it was on the other night. I didn't really like the first series, but i found myself watching it - could have been Friday night?

As much as you like the show, it's currently non-ratings period :lol:

Ducky
29th September 2004, 09:16 AM
Very cool, I thought it was a good change from the traditional cop show.

:)

Sorry to take your thread off track, MTB.

:oops:

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Jarro
29th September 2004, 09:50 AM
bring back Nightstalker 8)

Fishman Dan
29th September 2004, 10:09 AM
bring back Nightstalker 8)

Actually i was more of a fan of Silk Stalkings.. :P

Jarro
29th September 2004, 10:16 AM
what about WonderWoman :shock:

Lynda Carter = :smt079 =P~ :smt023

Webster
29th September 2004, 08:46 PM
Blakey,

I remember Nowhere Man very well. It did indeed only run for one season. I watched all the early episodes, but lost interest about three quarters of the way into the series because it started to get a bit boring. I was kinda waiting for something to happen during each new episode but nothing ever did? I thought it was a great concept for a series but it just lacked depth in the storylines and in the end I gave up on it.

Was the photo that those guys were after of a Vietnam War execution or somthing like that?

markTHEblake
30th September 2004, 04:03 PM
Jacko

you are right with your comments, the actual creator/writer of the show lost full control of it midway through the series, although he remained involved. Even he admits the show lost its direction sometimes. I guess like many thing, the show could have easily been fitted into a 2 hour movie. Like most Yankee shows they want to stretch everyting out to 20+ episodes, unlike the Poms who can do 8 eps in a series (hence why the yanks always copy shows rather than just import them)

Also the change from primetime to 11.00pm midway through didnt help many fans stay with the show either. I got to see most of them (except for the pilot), and the finale was huge twist. Despite the angst amongst fans for the series not going on for another season, I thought that the end was actually the End and not a cliffhanger.

The success of the Matrix could bring about renewed interest in NwM if ever the show is broadcast again, as there are some similarities.

As for the photo, I dont think its ever mentioned which country it was from, although the full background is revealed as part of the conspiracy in the latter stages of the series. From memory the 'original' photo showed the mens faces - caucasian men.

http://www.nowhereman.org/images/agenda1.jpg

Webster
1st October 2004, 05:31 PM
So Blakey, what was the twist in the final episod? Why did it all happen the way it did? (or was it just a massive confusing wank that no one really understood?)

Jack

markTHEblake
1st October 2004, 06:36 PM
I am starting to forget most of it myself, which means I will enjoy it a whole lot more when I come around to watching it again....

If i tried to explain it now, it would be confusing if you werent sure of the buildup that occured towards the end.

The plot revolved around, this powerfull unknown organistion "they" or "them" who takes identities away from people, brainwash them, and release into society again as a new person.

But question invoked is whether Tom Veil is the real person who has his identity stolen, or is Tom a fictionalised identity that has been brainwashed into him, and he is being endurance tested to see if it the memory is stable lasts.

If it is the latter, then who the hell is he really - maybe he is one of 'them' who volunteered, maybe he is the creator of the program, maybe he is a rebel or maybe thats all bollocks to confuse him further.

If you want i will send you the video on a disc. If you cant wait you can read the last episode synopsis here
http://www.nowhereman.org/episodes/gemini.htm