PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 3rd September

amanda
3rd September 2007, 02:05 PM
Wow - never started one of these threads before!

Many thanks to AndyP for inviting me for a game at St Michaels this morning :) They should be winging their way home now.

I had a 100% improvement on Saturday's Magenta score of 15 pts - 31 pts! I had a few pars in there, but also some shocking holes.

AndyP won the day with 38 pts, Iain had 34 and Jono and I both had 31 (though I don't know who won on countback).

Jono
3rd September 2007, 07:51 PM
Well played, Amanda. You hit some great shots today, especially with your driver. If you started playing regularly again, I think you'll shave some strokes off your handicap pretty quickly. 8)

AndyP
4th September 2007, 11:26 AM
I thought you played plenty of good shots for someone that doesn't play too much, Mandy. Your short game let you down a fair few times, but that's what you would expect. Some of those pars were really nice work, and you were unlucky for that birdie putt to lip out (maybe your pre-emptive birdie dance made the ball deviate?).

Not that I can criticise dancing after birdies or nice putts. :wink:

------------
03/09/2007, St Michaels GC, Social - White Tees

I didn't keep stats, but Jono was interested in me trying to recall them.

3/14 effective tee shots.
5/18 effective approaches.
5/10 up & down successes.
30 putts (only 3 putt was on the first sanded green we came across).
-----------------
2 birdies.
7 pars.
7 bogeys.
2 doubles.

Score 37-44-81 stab 23-15-38pts (Par 36-36-72)

As Jono said to me after the game, it was one of the worst looking 38 points you will see. My driving was atrocious. There were pulls, slices, snap-hooks and dropkicks, and then finished off with a big push. St Mick's didn't punish me for it most of the time, and I made some really good recovery shots. If I got it on or near the green, I had a chance at par.

My putting was really good, and I left a few putts just short on line on those sandy greens. I was particularly happy with my long putting, however I would have liked my long on-line eagle putt to roll another foot.

Next rounds: 8-9/9, Town of Nambour Open.

PeteyD
5th September 2007, 10:11 AM
Played The Mug at Reddy today in howling wind. At least the rain stayed away for most of it. The course was prety wet though with little run on most holes and soggy lies.

96/75. Went out in 45 but stuffed 11 and 12 so killed off any chance of a better score. 2 Fairways, 5 GIR, 5 Pars, 31 putts (including a 4 putt on 17 :( ) . Was a good challenge with the wind though.

Courty
5th September 2007, 03:23 PM
:-#

BrisVegas
5th September 2007, 08:15 PM
how'd you go today county?

PeteyD
5th September 2007, 08:22 PM
Apprently not well. Looks like my score might sneak in for Runner Up C-Grade. 16th overall out of 108. Course played tough.

leighthebee
7th September 2007, 11:38 AM
Played Pacific this morning.

The swing changes are starting to take hold and got out of the morning with 80 off the bat. Couple of birdies poo pooed with a couple of nasty doubles.

Took several holes to get the putter working on the REALLY slow greens. Grip feels solid with the Irons but very awkward with the putter.

dc68
7th September 2007, 11:41 AM
How was it under foot? Monthly chop tomorrow need some run....

leighthebee
7th September 2007, 11:41 AM
Apprently not well. Looks like my score might sneak in for Runner Up C-Grade. 16th overall out of 108. Course played tough.

Well done Pete. Handi... coming down?

leighthebee
7th September 2007, 11:42 AM
How was it under foot? Monthly chop tomorrow need some run....

Soggy in spots, but no worries at all. Good nick considering. Just the slow greens are frustrating. Need to whack the cr@p out of it.

dc68
7th September 2007, 11:45 AM
Will check with el capitano tonight if they are going to mow em close.... Hope so.

PeteyD
7th September 2007, 12:04 PM
yea hope so for Sunday.

jimandr
8th September 2007, 04:28 PM
My course played very tough today from the plates with no run and a few wet patches. I played better than my 34 point score and the stats suggest. Almost every time I missed the fairway I was chipping out.

Fairways = 8 of 14
Greens in Reg = 5 of 18
Putts = 31, zero birdies, zero 3putts
Up and Down = 4 of 7
Sand Saves = 1 of 2

Fishman Dan
8th September 2007, 04:38 PM
Very wet around my course, no run at all. Struck the ball as well as I have for a long time, and the short game came together to give me some short putts. Back to back birdies on the 4th and 5th were a highlight - especially the 5th which is my most hated hole on the course.

?? pts
29 putts (1 3 putt)
1 hazard

But I'm a little annoyed - without posting my score (due to this fireball thing), I played off the wrong handicap (12 instead of 13), which included a birdie on the Index 13 hole. Therefore my score should be n+1, and I could have potentially lost .3 - instead my handicap will remain stagnant at 12.5. Confused? I think it's a good thing?

But I'm off 13 for the Fireballl matchplay event, right Blake ;)

Bruce
8th September 2007, 04:57 PM
88 off the bat for 39 points around RACV Cape Schanck this morning on a perfect spring day. 17 front and 22 back. Very happy with my kick-in birdie on the par 3 14th.

It wasn't what I expected. Everyone was telling me how long and tough it was but I thought it was pretty short and benign. I guess every course can feel like that when you are hitting it OK.

Wayne Arthurs was in the group today. He played off 8 but certainly didn't play to 8. I think I beat him off the stick for the back 9. He certainly seemed to be very happy being retired.

Breaking 90 today gives me another shot at my 2007 goal of back to back rounds under 90.

Eag's
8th September 2007, 05:06 PM
Well done Bruce :smt023

Courty
8th September 2007, 08:19 PM
Very happy with my kick-in birdie on the par 3 14th.

:shock: Was that with your foot wedge? ;)

Courty
9th September 2007, 05:10 PM
Now that most of the Fireball matchplay scores are in, I can talk about my round on Wednesday. I started on the back 9 with 3 lipped out birdie putts & 1 successful one in the first 4 holes. I had 2 bogies & another birdie to finish the round at even off the stick (-4 nett) . A long break and tiring muscles from 2 days of yard work saw me capitulate on the back with 4 doubles & a triple (2 x OOBs & 2 x Hazards) and 2 bogies for a +13 and 77 nett.

Stats (Front Nine | Back Nine)
Fairways: 0/7 | 6/7
GIR: 1/9 | 6/9
Putts: 16 | 13
U & D: 2/8 | 2/3

:cry:

PeteyD
9th September 2007, 05:45 PM
26 Points around Pacific. Big choke on the back 9 after having 18 points on the front. Need to work on my care factor and recovering after OOB :(

BrisVegas
9th September 2007, 07:36 PM
City Pro Am today.

80 gross for 33 points. 14 front, 19 back
7 Fairway
7 GIR
31 putts

Got off to a bad start and it stayed bad for the whole front 9. 8 over on the front and missed everything inside 10 feet. I had a kick-in bird (thanks Bruce) on the par 3, 8th in that 8 over too! Back 9 was like day v night. Started to hit the face a bit and played well. Still didn't make any par-save putts, but I birdied 12 & 18 to play the back 2 over. Should have been square really, as I was in the greenside traps on 17 for two and then went coast to coast 3 times before making an ugly double. First time in years I've made it anywhere near that green in 2!

Coffs_Hacker
9th September 2007, 10:21 PM
Very soggy course and cored greens, played ok but couldn't string anything together, lots of putts with anything over 4ft a lottery with the cored greens
32pts
9fir
7gir
40putts

goughy
10th September 2007, 05:06 AM
Broke 18 yesterday at city so I'm happy. Stats suck as usual. 1/14 fairways. I doubled the one fairway I hit!! 4gir. 36putts which include a chip in on one hole!!! Only 3 x3putts in that and 1 x 1 putt which was from 1 foot. Most of us (including me) kind of expected me to miss that one! Was putting fantastic from long distance. Those 3 putts include misses from a couple of feet. In fact, there are a few misses from 3 feet in there. So my long putts are great, my short putts bite the big one. Can anyone say yips!

I'm pretty confident my putting is costing me up to 6 shots a round. Will need to do something about that one day ;) Just remembered I had 2 putts from off the green too which aren't in my stats. They're missed u/d's but still pretty poor effort.

I don't think I should be having more than 32putts average.

Eag's
10th September 2007, 03:02 PM
Played a Single Stab at Royal Nudgee yesterday.
Hit the ball a bit better today just a couple of brain farts thrown in for good measure.
33 Points
4 Greens
9 Fairways
33 Putts
7 Pars
7 Bogeys
4 Doubles :smt087

mike
11th September 2007, 11:32 AM
Broke 18 yesterday at city so blahblahblah...

What does 'broke 18' mean ?

goughy
11th September 2007, 07:20 PM
ATM about the only thing I have to play for is to stay within 18 over par. Every time I do that it's high fives all round. Sad isn't it!