PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Ozgolf Fireball Matchplay - 8/9 Sept at your Club

Pages : [1] 2

markTHEblake
3rd September 2007, 01:04 PM
Virtual Matchplay - Play your own course, and your scorecard will be used to play matchplay against a random opponent. Winner will be the holder of the priceless Virtual Matchplay Cup.

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/3130/fireballaj8.png

Ok - a quick game is a good game. If I leave this any longer, it wont happen, and I wanted to trial this before the champs, and I am sure most of us are playing this weekend.

What you have to do:

- Player must nominate, by voting in the POLL which day they will register a score.

- If playing on more than one of the available days, must nominate the first day.

- Actual score must be recorded in Golf Link (not NCR)

- Scorecard to be submitted to me by the 10th using online webform (http://www.theblake.net/OzgolfFireball/form1.html) - Gross score on card not nett.

- If your club is not in Golflink you will need to play with an OZG'r who is at another course. Your score will then be on Golfink as a misc. number.

- Can Play any course you like, and any comp as long as its a single event.

- try not to report your scores on Ozgolf forums until the results are in, we dont want to let the cat out of the bag.

- Bad sportsmanship if anyone nominates but dont submit the scorecard.

BrisVegas
3rd September 2007, 01:09 PM
Count me in. I'm playing City GC this Sunday.

markTHEblake
3rd September 2007, 01:10 PM
and, top 7 seeds from each state will play for the Virtual Interstate Cup. Now that's a biggie :mrgreen:

What you dont have to know unless you have any questions:

- Players seeded according to their previous verifiable score on Golflink or Ozgolf if not on golflink. (I felt sorry for the Newcastle day ozgolfers so I wont use that one)
- Handicap will be adjusted according to CCR compared to par. Eg if Par is 72, CCR is 70, your handicap is reduced by 2.
- Normal Matchplay index will be used.
- Score relative to Par are used, not actual stokes. For example a 4 on a par 5, beats a 3 on a par 3.
- For equity, if a player in a stableford has a wipe, I will treat that as a nett triple bogey, however if your opponent recorded a stroke score higher, you cannot win the hole, you will get a half.
- Squared matches: Most net birdies or better wins, then most net pars, then most net bogies and so on.

mikezone13
3rd September 2007, 01:11 PM
Can it be 7th September as Friday is a public holiday for those in Sydney due to APEC?

andylo
3rd September 2007, 01:16 PM
Count me in... Nambour this weekend.

3oneday
3rd September 2007, 01:20 PM
I'll give it a crack, matchplay without sledging, could be a bit sad ;)

TS
3rd September 2007, 01:21 PM
Mark, I am in, I am playing on Sat 8 Sep.

oz
3rd September 2007, 01:27 PM
Sure, I'm in. I am playing Sunday at Howlong GC.

PeteyD
3rd September 2007, 01:33 PM
yea why not. Nambour on the saturday

mikezone13
3rd September 2007, 01:35 PM
Just out of interest, how do you handle the different comps people play in? Stroke/Stab/Par etc.

Example I play stableford and wipe the hole after missing my bogey putt (assume double bogey - but I have not holed out) my "opponent" plays a par event and picks up for a bogey on the hole as it is a loss in the par game?

poidda
3rd September 2007, 01:46 PM
I dont understand how this will work!

If someone makes nett birdie on the 444 meter par 4 13th at Newcastle, does that mean the hole can be squared with a nett birdie on a 450 Meter par 5 13th on some other course?!?!

PeteyD
3rd September 2007, 01:54 PM
Poidda. Yep. Bad luck.

I believe that is how it works.

markTHEblake
3rd September 2007, 01:54 PM
Poidda, In theory the CCR at Newcastle is 1 stroke higher than the other course, so the person at Newcastle gets his handicap increased by 1. Over the 18 holes it will even out.

Mikezone13, cant really see a problem with that.

Everyone else, please vote in the poll to record your interest. i see 6 names of people saying they want to play, but havent nominated in the Poll yet.

kpac
3rd September 2007, 02:18 PM
get me in - Saturday @ nambour (although i don't see why i couldn't nominate sunday at nambour - that saturday game is no more benifitial than a saturday practicing....) <- disregard this comment because i really don't care, just want to play.

PeteyD
3rd September 2007, 02:22 PM
Kent, Sundays get rained out at Nambour ;)

Grunt
3rd September 2007, 02:33 PM
Back to work this week/weekend, won't be able to play until next week, So I guess I am out of it.

Courty
3rd September 2007, 03:04 PM
Wouldn't you know it. Blake picks the weekend when the Saturday comp is a 4-ball frikkin ambrose! As it turns out, I'm playing on Wednesday (5th) which is a stroke round, so I'll be submitting that score for the Fireball (as confirmed by the Blake).

mikezone13
3rd September 2007, 03:09 PM
Mikezone13, cant really see a problem with that.

You see no problem with me playing a par event and having the opportunity to pick up for bogey on 8 holes? Whereas someone else plays stroke and can't pick up?

Example A) I play par and hit first ball OoB, reload and do the same but as it's par I take a bogey ;) my opponent is playing stroke and hits their ball in the middle of the fairway, misses the green, chips and 3 putts for a double and loses the hole?

markTHEblake
3rd September 2007, 05:24 PM
You see no problem with me playing a par event

Sorry I meant no problem with the Friday

and having the opportunity to pick up for bogey on 8 holes? Whereas someone else plays stroke and can't pick up?

If you dont hole out in a par or stableford that is a wipe or no score. not a bogey. A 13 beats a wipe every day of the week.

Example A) I play par and hit first ball OoB, reload and do the same but as it's par I take a bogey ;) my opponent is playing stroke and hits their ball in the middle of the fairway, misses the green, chips and 3 putts for a double and loses the hole?

You lose the hole. (See Post #3 in this thread)

A wipe could be anything from bogey to a 13, so I have covered that scenario as equitable as possible. Unless someone can think of a better way.

If you are playing a Par or Stableford event, you record your gross score per hole only if you holed out. Obviously you are on your honour to do so.

peter_rs
3rd September 2007, 06:26 PM
sunday city.

Jarro
3rd September 2007, 06:30 PM
yea why not. Nambour on the saturday

Ditto :mrgreen:

mikezone13
3rd September 2007, 07:21 PM
Sorry I meant no problem with the Friday

If you dont hole out in a par or stableford that is a wipe or no score. not a bogey. A 13 beats a wipe every day of the week.

You lose the hole. (See Post #3 in this thread)

A wipe could be anything from bogey to a 13, so I have covered that scenario as equitable as possible. Unless someone can think of a better way.

If you are playing a Par or Stableford event, you record your gross score per hole only if you holed out. Obviously you are on your honour to do so.

Cheers mate, that makes it much more equitable :)

And thanks for the friday too!! :D

Grunt
3rd September 2007, 07:46 PM
Guess I am out seeing that I can't play from Tomorrow till Next Monday.

Jono
3rd September 2007, 07:54 PM
Sunday at Windsor.

AndyP
3rd September 2007, 08:04 PM
Saturday at Nambour for me also.

- try not to report your scores on Ozgolf forums until the results are in, we dont want to let the cat out of the bag.
I'll be reporting the total scores from the Nambour Open after each day. Apparently it's meant to be done within 24 hours.

markTHEblake
3rd September 2007, 10:29 PM
Here is a list of the Nominations so far. If your name is not on there, it means you didnt enter yet (Vote in the Poll please)

The list is in seeded order, according to your last round (not including Newcastle) and have used the same handicapping adjustments that apply for the matchplay. If you dont understand, dont worry, just accept it and be happy - trust me it is fair.

I need Golflink no's for the blank names before Friday. A draw has to be done!

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/5531/fireballbe1.jpg

Courty
3rd September 2007, 10:33 PM
Nice work, Blakey.

A-Lo, 150! :shock: WTF?!

markTHEblake
3rd September 2007, 10:42 PM
150 = NCR didnt know what else to put in there to make him last, otherwise that would have been you.

Courty
3rd September 2007, 10:45 PM
150 = NCR didnt know what else to put in there to make him last, otherwise that would have been you.

Oh, ok. No problem with me being last. My recent form doesn't deserve any better. :roll:

3oneday
3rd September 2007, 10:54 PM
Sorry, now voted, Sunday with Jono ;)

AndyP
4th September 2007, 07:59 AM
A-Lo's handicap is not 22. He has changed clubs and is down to 16 or something like that.

FWIW I don't understand the handicap adjustments.

BrisVegas
4th September 2007, 08:01 AM
does that mean i play off 9 for the fireball? I don't understand how you worked it out, but I trust you. I reckon I need more than 9 anyway.

Eag's
4th September 2007, 08:03 AM
I can see this getting very confusing very quickly :neutral:

mikezone13
4th September 2007, 08:39 AM
I can see this getting very confusing very quickly :neutral:

Only confusing if you have to run it.

kpac
4th September 2007, 08:48 AM
Hmm - i thought the adjusted handicaps were getting calculated after or rounds.... i'm confused - but if i've gotta play of 14 and vegas gets 9 - then i sure hope i dont draw up againt him!!

Grunt
4th September 2007, 08:53 AM
Is a game early next week no good? I can play Monday.

BrisVegas
4th September 2007, 08:54 AM
take a look at my golfink history kpac.... you'll see that i am playing to 14.

kpac
4th September 2007, 09:06 AM
take a look at my golfink history kpac.... you'll see that i am playing to 14.

fair enough - still wouldn't back myself though. :lol:

markTHEblake
4th September 2007, 09:17 AM
Hmm - i thought the adjusted handicaps were getting calculated after or rounds

Yes.

The above is an example of how it will work, and is the method I am using to seed the draw.

A-Lo's handicap is not 22. He has changed clubs and is down to 16 or something like that.

Well i used his Golflink no. thats in his details, and has two rounds in the last few weeks. If its wrong then he cannot play until he fixes this!

FWIW I don't understand the handicap adjustments.

I do. Courty does the same thing in the Vardon.

Only confusing if you have to run it.

Thats right. All you lot need to do is type out your name, golflink number, gross score for each hole.

kpac
4th September 2007, 09:48 AM
Yes.

The above is an example of how it will work, and is the method I am using to seed the draw.

ahhhhh - gotcha... so do we get to know who well be up against before the weekend?? that'd be pretty cool..:D

oz
4th September 2007, 10:19 AM
MTB - My golflink # is: 21607 00247. H'cap 6.

Cheers

Mike

dc68
4th September 2007, 10:55 AM
Satdee at Nambour.

shazza_rs
4th September 2007, 01:02 PM
I'm in ....

Sunday at toowoomba city....

markTHEblake
4th September 2007, 01:15 PM
Great, we have got 17 starters so far.

Andylo - Golflink number please.

Coffshacker: which day are you playing, needs to be this week ( before 9th)

Kpac, as there are a few people playing before the weekend, I am thinking that i will do the draw on Sunday. I think its better that everyone plays their round without knowing.

mikezone13
4th September 2007, 03:59 PM
Good luck mark, hope it doesn't get bigger or harder than Ron Jeremy :D

Rusty
5th September 2007, 11:08 AM
Nambour Satdee

kpac
5th September 2007, 03:06 PM
If nambour is a wash i'll be lobbing somewhere - so i'll be still in on this one.

dc68
5th September 2007, 03:21 PM
Yep if Nambour is screwed will play at Pacific.

Jarro
5th September 2007, 04:20 PM
I believe i'm booked in at Nudgee on Sunday, that'll be my round if Nambour is a catastrophe.

markTHEblake
5th September 2007, 04:31 PM
We got 18 players now which is fantastic. Will narrow it down to a final 16 with a mini knockout between the relevant number of players at the bottom end of the seedings.

By the looks of it, if your last round was in the vicinity of more than 3 worse than your handicap, then most likely you will be in that bunch.

kpac
5th September 2007, 06:41 PM
By the looks of it, if your last round was in the vicinity of more than 3 worse than your handicap, then most likely you will be in that bunch.

On that list - that'll make it me v courty - bring it on buddy :lol:

have you got a new list blakey or are you going to leave it a mystery? :?

Courty
5th September 2007, 06:56 PM

Don't worry, you'll knock me over with ease. :roll:

Jarro
5th September 2007, 06:59 PM
Don't worry, you'll knock me over with ease. :roll:

Only if he's driving a hummer :shock:

Oh, you meant in the match ;)

Courty
5th September 2007, 07:02 PM
Only if he's driving a hummer :shock:

:smt021 :smt075

markTHEblake
5th September 2007, 09:43 PM

Possibly but not likely.

u got a new list blakey or are you going to leave it a mystery? :?

I dont even know who i might play yet, so yes, its a mystery.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON: I will let you know how to submit your scores.

SUNDAY AFTERNOON: I will announce the draw

Coffs_Hacker
5th September 2007, 11:42 PM
was going to play thurs but it turns out to be a 2man teams eventthat day, can i change to sat, its a single stab. :)

markTHEblake
6th September 2007, 12:19 AM
yep

Jarro
6th September 2007, 04:37 AM
This is all very exciting.

:roll:

PeteyD
6th September 2007, 06:51 AM
Get yer hand off it Jarro ;)

Moe Norman
6th September 2007, 07:15 AM
late nomination.

I'm playing Brisbane GC on Sunday morning.

Moe Norman
6th September 2007, 07:18 AM
oh and I can assure you that I'm off 6, I just haven't got my new golf link number.

my last round was Saturday 1 September, 77 net 70. CCR was 73 and I would have dropped back from 6.5 to 5.9 by my calculations.

dc68
6th September 2007, 09:39 AM
Moe any time you want to host at Brisbane on a Sunday let me know... believe it or not I have never played there.

Moe Norman
6th September 2007, 09:58 AM
will do, and its cheaper than Pacific!

no spots this week though.

dc68
6th September 2007, 10:06 AM
Sweet...

AndyP
6th September 2007, 10:48 AM
Unfortunately, I now need to withdraw from this, as I will no longer be playing this weekend with the postponement of the Nambour Open. :(

PeteyD
6th September 2007, 10:55 AM
Yea looks like I will need to withdraw as well, unless you wanna count the round I played yesterday.

dc68
6th September 2007, 10:57 AM
Still in but will be playing Pacific.

PeteyD
6th September 2007, 11:24 AM
Back in - Pacific on Sunday. Course normally tears me a new one so good luck to me.

Jarro
6th September 2007, 03:36 PM
I'm playing on the Sunday now.

kpac
6th September 2007, 05:49 PM
f'd if i know what i'm doing at this stage - consider me in limbo untill i try and locate a comp over the w'end

markTHEblake
6th September 2007, 09:25 PM
Had a quick committee meeting, they wanted to kick you out of the comp, but as you follow decent sporting club you are in.

oh and I can assure you that I'm off 6, I just haven't got my new golf link number.

If you still dont have your number, After the round on Sunday, give me a Golflink number for someone that was in the same comp. Can verify your score then, as it will be listed as a Misc number.

my last round was Saturday 1 September, 77 net 70. CCR was 73 and I would have dropped back from 6.5 to 5.9 by my calculations.

Have used your last round that was in your Golf Link record to seed the draw. Sorry that it was a clanger but Fish and Courty are not happy about their last round score either.

Unfortunately, I now need to withdraw from this, as I will no longer be playing this weekend with the postponement of the Nambour Open. :(

Gotta be a $50000 poty money fine for the top seed pulling out.

Here is the list of names registered so far, in an approximate seeding order (impossible to predict the draw from this) I know at this stage only Kpac and AndyP have either withdrawn or undecided

1 TS
2 Andyp
3 Peter_RS
4 Jono
5 3oneday
6 Shazza
7 Coffshacker
8 Oz
9 Mikezone13
10 marktheblake
11 Andylo
12 dc68
13 Peteyd
14 Rusty
15 Jarro
16 Brisvegas
17 Kpac
18 Courty
19 Fishman
20 MoeNorman

Moe Norman
6th September 2007, 09:40 PM
i have my new golflink number (in my sig below)

Saturday's round wasn't entered, so I'm off 7 and clanger stands.

Jarro
7th September 2007, 05:28 AM
f'd if i know what i'm doing at this stage - consider me in limbo untill i try and locate a comp over the w'end

The tee-time before ours has 3 spare spots at the moment kpac ;)

6:42am Sunday morning ... single stab.

kpac
7th September 2007, 06:44 AM
Moday single stab Blakey???
If that's no good i'll get on the blower to Nudgee - cheers jarro.

dc68
7th September 2007, 09:34 AM
Kent at this point we still have a spot in our group at Pacific on SUnday at 1142.

markTHEblake
7th September 2007, 06:46 PM
Play Pacific Kent, wanna start the playoffs sunday or as soon as possible

poidda
7th September 2007, 06:55 PM
If not to late, I'll get on this now I've got a game at nudgee on Sunday.

Eag's
7th September 2007, 07:05 PM
If not to late, I'll get on this now I've got a game at nudgee on Sunday.

Yep same here any chance Blakey? :)

markTHEblake
7th September 2007, 07:26 PM
Thanks, The more the merrier. As long as people nominate the day before they play its Ok

kpac
7th September 2007, 08:04 PM
Play Pacific Kent, wanna start the playoffs sunday or as soon as possible

playing nudgee sunday mate - i'm in (if the rain pisses off!)

markTHEblake
7th September 2007, 08:06 PM
So it looks like AndyP is the only withdrawal?

Fishman Dan
8th September 2007, 05:27 PM
Where's this web form?

Scoot
8th September 2007, 06:03 PM
- Actual score must be recorded in Golf Link (not NCR)

- Scorecard to be submitted to me by the 10th using online webform - Gross score on card not nett.

Mark,

Where is the online web form?

Im in and voted for Sunday at Quenabeyan GC - Stroke

markTHEblake
8th September 2007, 06:04 PM
Fishy obviously had a blinder today - have patience grasshopper.

I'll get everything sorted shortly, at worst after the footy.

markTHEblake
8th September 2007, 06:11 PM
Scott, need your Golflink number Asap, as i am doing the draw tonight.

Scoot
8th September 2007, 06:13 PM
Sorry

It's 20616 01767
Queanbeyan GC

Thanks

markTHEblake
8th September 2007, 08:51 PM
Submit your scores using this Online Web Form (http://www.theblake.net/OzgolfFireball/form1.html) - instructions on the page.

Scores to be submitted by the 10th.

So nobody knows who plays who before they play I will post the draw Sometime tomorrow.

As the updates come through on GolfLink I will post the results of each match, nice and slow so the tension builds up :-)

Fishman Dan
8th September 2007, 09:02 PM
Fishy obviously had a blinder today - have patience grasshopper.

I'll get everything sorted shortly, at worst after the footy.

No blinder, but you threatended us with a web form several days ago.

mikezone13
8th September 2007, 09:03 PM
Score submitted... congrats to whoever draws me :(

AndyP
8th September 2007, 09:03 PM
That's some nice work you're doing there, Blakey.

Courty
8th September 2007, 09:23 PM
Scores submitted.
Can't wait to see how this pans out.

markTHEblake
8th September 2007, 10:42 PM
No blinder, but you threatended us with a web form several days ago.

Yes i did, I said i would provide it on Saturday afternoon. My apologies for the delay. 8)

markTHEblake
9th September 2007, 08:52 AM
One more teaser before the intrepid Ozgolfers head out there today.

The following players (not in this order) are the top seeds :shock: and get byes to the 2nd round.

Scott
TS
Peter_RS
Shazza
Jono
Oz
Coffshacker
Andylo
Eags
3oneday

By the looks of the scores coming in so far, the Ozgolf curse is alive and well.

and if Andyp is an honest bloke he would throw some POTY money at this thing, as he is not playing he cant really say No ! :)

markTHEblake
9th September 2007, 01:05 PM
Draw is in first post, or
http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/327/fireballvm5.th.jpg (http://img478.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fireballvm5.jpg)

I wont have another update until tonight, around 9pm as I am at the golf show until late (free after show drinkies :-) )

The draw was seeded according to your last round/s (except Newcastle)

Anyone want to back themselves?

Jono
9th September 2007, 01:54 PM
Sorry Blakey. I had to pull out of my game this weekend. :(

Moe Norman
9th September 2007, 02:02 PM
score submitted

markTHEblake
9th September 2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks for letting me know, I will redo the draw as you had a bye in the first round, and if anyone else lets me know of cancellaitons by tonight.

Fishman Dan
9th September 2007, 03:09 PM
Great, I pulled the burglar out of the pack!

I can't see why this can't be run on a weekly basis.

Grunt
9th September 2007, 03:20 PM
Monthly would have to be the go Dan. Say the 1st Weekend of the month?

Eag's
9th September 2007, 03:23 PM
Score submitted.

Fishman Dan
9th September 2007, 03:45 PM
Monthly would have to be the go Dan. Say the 1st Weekend of the month?

Surely there are at least 16 people on any weekend who a) play golf, and b) can post "Score submitted". ;)

oz
9th September 2007, 03:53 PM
score posted. not much to crow about.

Jarro
9th September 2007, 03:54 PM
Score posted :(

Grunt
9th September 2007, 04:00 PM
Surely there are at least 16 people on any weekend who a) play golf, and b) can post "Score submitted". ;)

Wasn't this weekend Dan.

BrisVegas
9th September 2007, 04:04 PM
score posted. 2 doubles, 9 bogeys, 4 pars, 3 birdies. came home strong, but I think my match would have been over by then. :roll:

Fishman Dan
9th September 2007, 04:38 PM
Grant - I see 22 names on the draw (21 without Jono)?

You sure you weren't thinking of Souths final score last night? :lol:

Grunt
9th September 2007, 04:43 PM
ok my mistake, I thought the byes were due to holes in the draw. Have not taken much notice due to the fact I could not play by the cutoff.

Jarro
9th September 2007, 04:47 PM
score posted. 2 doubles, 9 bogeys, 4 pars, 3 birdies. came home strong, but I think my match would have been over by then. :roll:

Too good for me :oops:

Courty
9th September 2007, 04:47 PM
It seems I can talk about my Fireball round now. I actually played it on Wednesday. I started on the back 9 and lipped out 3 birdies & made one in the first 4 holes. I had 2 bogies & another birdie to finish the round at even off the stick (-4 nett) :). A long break and tiring muscles from 2 days of yard work saw me capitulate on the back with 4 doubles & a triple (2 x OOBs & 2 x Hazards) and 2 bogies for a +13 and 77 nett. :oops:

I just got word of my opponents score. He had 43pts. :evil: I'm gooooorn!

kpac
9th September 2007, 05:04 PM
Score's in - only chance is if the game isn't over befor the 13.... it was a slow start.

Moe Norman
9th September 2007, 05:32 PM
most of my score was posted late, so hopefully the match was over by then!

have home with 4 straight negatives in a Par comp.

Moe Norman
9th September 2007, 05:33 PM
seeing as AP isn't playing, this event should be worth heaps of $$

3oneday
9th September 2007, 05:36 PM
Score in, lot's of bogeys :)

PeteyD
9th September 2007, 06:46 PM
Score in pretty meh.

Courty
9th September 2007, 06:54 PM
Score posted :(

most of my score was posted late, so hopefully the match was over by then!

Score's in - only chance is if the game isn't over befor the 13.... it was a slow start.

Score in, lot's of bogeys :)

Score in pretty meh.

Sounds like mediocrity is the name of the game. It looks like it may come down to which holes the bad scores were on. :???:

PeteyD
9th September 2007, 06:55 PM
Most of the Meh was in the back 9, so I might be a bit lucky.

markTHEblake
9th September 2007, 07:03 PM
new draw

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/4079/fireballrn2.th.jpg (http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fireballrn2.jpg)

kpac
9th September 2007, 07:06 PM
new draw

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/4079/fireballrn2.th.jpg (http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fireballrn2.jpg)

what's going on blakey? - mind you pretty happy with the new draw - surely i'll beat jarro round one 8) ;)

PeteyD
9th September 2007, 07:29 PM
There were some pull outs so the draw had to be redone I think.

markTHEblake
9th September 2007, 08:56 PM
First Match
and no better pair to tee off first than this pair of Ozgolf Titans and what a Titanic struggle it was.

Courty (Hcap 8 )

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/5586/imageqa1.png

v.

Peteyd (Hcap 20)
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4733/imageqk5.jpg

The format for the early matches will be as follows.
- Lowest Handicapper listed first.
- Only the hole results will be reported, the W means he won the hole. This is so future matches cant be predicted.
- all the data will be posted when finished.

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/295/fireball1is4.png

Congratulations Courty, you toughed it out. You might frighten a few more with that finish. :smt038

Petey - now that you have got some spare time on your hands you could probably write an application to make this job easier? :)

PeteyD
9th September 2007, 09:10 PM
Damn I new those 3 Wipes in a row would kill me.

markTHEblake
9th September 2007, 09:12 PM
Waitng on these scores to be submitted. please go to the first page of this thread if you havent seen the link to the online form.

Andylo
DC68
Peter_RS
Shazza_Rs
Scott
Poidda
Rusty

dont think any more results will be completed tonight, as Golflink updates for most of the Sunday folk not in yet either.

Scoot
9th September 2007, 09:18 PM
Scores in.

Courty
9th September 2007, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the close match, Petey. Shame we couldn't get a few sledges in during the match. As I mentioned elsewhere, my front 9 was a disaster. But if I can stay close until the break, as Blakey said, I might stand a chance to make the next round.

markTHEblake
9th September 2007, 10:55 PM
Next Up.
a round 2 match, but both ladies had a bye in the first round, and their scores are ready.

3Oneday

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/497/imageud4.jpg

v.

Mikezone13

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/4227/imageaa3.jpg

(hcap is on the results table)

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/4083/fireball3gk1.jpg

Steady start but 3oneday came home like Pharlap. Would like to see a matchup with Courty, another slow starter.

p.s. Havent met either of you so that was the best sledge i could come up with at short notice.

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 12:09 AM
Havent got the Golflink Scores in yet, but it doesnt matter as they are playing the same course.

Jarro
(I hope I last 12 holes)

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/2610/jarro1qb1.jpg

v.

Kpac
(didnt I have a bye? - oh same thing)

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/3902/suzukiswiftvvtm1al9.jpg

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5545/fireball4wb4.jpg

Might seem like our closest match to date, but in reality Kpac didnt even break a sweat. Of the 4 shots he received he only needed one, seems that Jarro is still suffering a Wynnum hangover.

Smart money is on Kpac, keep an eye on this kid. :smt038

Oh yeah, nice half in triples fellas - real good match play there !

kpac
10th September 2007, 06:53 AM
that was closer than the stableford points would have suggested.....

You're a keener man than i to be backing me Blake! Jarro sqaured 2 holes i trippled, i don't think i'll get let off like that next round.

what happens in the event of a match all square after 18? it's bound to happen soon.

3oneday
10th September 2007, 08:15 AM
Best win for me since I towelled Jono 6 and 5 8)

:lol:

dc68
10th September 2007, 08:43 AM
Scores in.

Fishman Dan
10th September 2007, 09:04 AM
Scores in.

About frikkin' time!

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 09:10 AM
Jarro sqaured 2 holes i trippled, i don't think i'll get let off like that next round.

Stewards Enquiry? :) You only had one triple.

what happens in the event of a match all square after 18? it's bound to happen soon.

Covered that in the 3rd post in this thread (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showpost.php?p=176637&postcount=3) I didnt put in the first because I would update that a lot and didnt want anyone to thnk the rules got changed.

- Squared matches: Most net birdies or better wins, then most net pars, then most net bogies and so on

I am not so sure if thats the fairest way though. its really either that or count most holes won by 2 or more shots, then 3 or more and so on. But now that we have started i think its best not to change anything. Can always get it right next year!

poidda
10th September 2007, 09:12 AM
Scores in!

I think the wipe on 18 might hurt me! I hope it's all over by then. It's still got me stump how I've hit 8-iron 180 meters!

Rusty
10th September 2007, 09:18 AM
score in. was at Gailes.

good going Blakey

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 09:22 AM
DC68 and Poidda

either you both really did have 80-90 over par or you didnt read the instructions :-)
(crikey even Jarro got it right, or did his kids do it)

please put your scores in again.

eg a Bogie, Par, Par start would be 1,0,0 not 6,4,3

thanks

poidda
10th September 2007, 09:23 AM
DC68 and Poidda

either you both really did have 80-90 over par or you didnt read the instructions :-)

please put your scores in again.

eg a Bogie, Par, Par start would be 1,0,0 not 6,4,3

thanks

Yeah, i didn't read the instructions. And I feel extremely embarrased to be in the same class as dc.

Fishman Dan
10th September 2007, 09:23 AM
FFS, late and wrong. Just DQ him! The rules of actual matchplay aren't this lenient.

BrisVegas
10th September 2007, 09:24 AM
Scores in!

I think the wipe on 18 might hurt me! I hope it's all over by then. It's still got me stump how I've hit 8-iron 180 meters!

Must be those Tour flex irons you're playing.;)

If our match makes it to the 18th, you're in trouble. I made a nice 4-pointer bird on the last. Unfortunately, I think you'd have stitched me up before then....

poidda
10th September 2007, 09:27 AM
Scores in. Again!:roll:

poidda
10th September 2007, 09:27 AM
Scores in. Again!:roll:

I dunno. wipes oon 11 & 12 will help!

dc68
10th September 2007, 09:41 AM
Done

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 09:43 AM
Poidda is 4 up on Brisvegas after 4

dc68
10th September 2007, 09:45 AM
Scratch that done you server is sucking Blake

poidda
10th September 2007, 09:45 AM
and then ....................

dc68
10th September 2007, 09:46 AM
Done now

BrisVegas
10th September 2007, 09:47 AM
Poidda is 4 up on Brisvegas after 4

go Vegas! :smt038

Fishman Dan
10th September 2007, 09:53 AM
Done now

No wonder Grunt had problems with flights in Thailand. You couldn't even fill in 18 boxes correctly....

dc68
10th September 2007, 09:59 AM
Kiss my arse Fischenstein.

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 10:00 AM
Dc68 v Fishman
All Square after 9. only one Half.

Brisvegas v Poidda
Fightback, all Square after 12.

Dc68, thanks for submitting the score properly 3 times. You cant be too careful i suppose.

Still waiting for
Shazza - scores and golflink
PeterRs - scores
Andylo - scores and golflink
Rusty - Golflink
Moe Norman - Golflink

dc68
10th September 2007, 10:12 AM
Dc68 v Fishman
All Square after 9. only one Half.

I'm screwed

Fishman Dan
10th September 2007, 10:17 AM
I had a lapse from 10-12, but picked it up at the 14th, and faltered at 17.

Anyone willing to place any bets?

So when _rs is DQ'd, it's me vs 3oneday? He can't pull out of this one ;)

dc68
10th September 2007, 10:20 AM
Oooooooo

dc68
10th September 2007, 10:21 AM
Lapse from 12-15

poidda
10th September 2007, 10:23 AM
Picking up on 18 is gunna kill me! (If I get that far)

Fishman Dan
10th September 2007, 10:24 AM
Lapse from 12-15

I would have said from midnight to 11pm.

dc68
10th September 2007, 10:26 AM
Idiot......... How did 3oneday get Dans password? Anyone?

Fishman Dan
10th September 2007, 10:30 AM

Did you notice an excessive use of smilies?

:smt038 :smt093 :smt108 :-s :) :razz: :razz: :razz: :smt079 :smt031 :smt060

BrisVegas
10th September 2007, 10:35 AM
Picking up on 18 is gunna kill me! (If I get that far)

yeah, well my wipe on 17 aint gonna help much either..... :roll:

3oneday
10th September 2007, 10:41 AM

Did you notice an excessive use of smilies?

:smt038 :smt093 :smt108 :-s :) :razz: :razz: :razz: :smt079 :smt031 :smt060you blokes got nuthin.... nuthin at all :p

markTHEblake
Ok next up,

Brisvegas
(I only buy Titleist for the quality)

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/4457/imageme7.png

v's

Poidda
(Ohhh Poker, how do you play that)

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/6114/imageyy0.jpg

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/1741/fireball6ct7.jpg

Class rises to the top everytime. Brisvegas has the potential to go far in this with his higher handicap - as he played at Brookwater the CCR was 2 over par, which means his handicap increases by 2.

Dunno about you, but Vegas off 9 is a scary thought to me.

Poidda you were right about that wipe, but then again dont think it would have mattered :-)

dc68
Come on Brake hully up.

3oneday
10th September 2007, 10:42 AM
Huuuuge comeback Bris... well played ;)

poidda
10th September 2007, 10:47 AM
Brisvegas has the potential to go far in this with his higher handicap - as he played at Brookwater the CCR was 2 over par, which means his handicap increases by 2.

I'm not a sore loser or nothing, and fair play to vegas the ***** ******* cheating ******* ******* burglar, but didn't he play at City?

BrisVegas
10th September 2007, 10:49 AM
fair point. CCR at City was 2 over par too though.

rematch next Saturday at Brookwater? in person...?

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 11:27 AM
Here comes the match you have all been waiting for.

DC68
(more gravy on the baked beans please)

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/4408/barneyvp0.jpg

v.

Fishman Dan
(I am smiling, stupid)

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/3120/georgehu9.jpg

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/9316/fireball7qj3.jpg

Was a very close fight for the first half with these guys taking turns to bitchslap each other, Just imagine Julian Clary and Mr Humphries fighting over a handbag on sale at Myers.

but that hill on the 12th was too much for DC68 and he couldnt keep up after then. Shoulda taken a cart mate.

Fish, whaddya mean you dont like the avatar, did you want me to use your current one?

Huh, Oh Dc68 was in a cart - and still got tired :shock:

Kpac, and Fishman looking the goods on that side of the draw. I dont rate 3oneday..... :)

or did i just say that to get Fishys hopes up?

3oneday
10th September 2007, 11:29 AM
chopper DC68, absolute chopper :p

Fishman Dan
10th September 2007, 11:32 AM
Bahahahahahahaha!

PS Blake - that avatar could be you if you weren't such a skinny prick!

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 11:36 AM
As I have no idea what you looked like, I MSN'd golfer69 and he sent me a pic of a cows arse, I think you should be happy with what you have got.

By the way, I need a volunteer/s to do the commentary for my matches. and after that crack, Fishman dont even bother asking.

dc68
10th September 2007, 11:38 AM
chopper DC68, absolute chopper :p

Bring it on bitch.

Fishman Dan
10th September 2007, 11:38 AM
By the way, I need a volunteer/s to do the commentary for my matches. and after that crack, Fishman dont even bother asking.

Taking your bat and ball and going home?

dc68
10th September 2007, 11:41 AM
DQ him Brake... he can't be abusing the committee like that!!!!!!

Fishman Dan
10th September 2007, 11:46 AM
Tell your story walking son.....

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 11:55 AM
Anyone know where Rusty played, i thought he joined in one of the Ozgolf days didnt he?
(waiting for his Golflink to be updated so he can play his match against Moe)

3oneday
10th September 2007, 11:56 AM
Bring it on bitch.what, waiting for the repercharge ????

:p :lol:

Moe Norman
10th September 2007, 12:06 PM
my golflink is now updated, CCR is 71 :(

AndyP
10th September 2007, 12:14 PM
Anyone know where Rusty played, i thought he joined in one of the Ozgolf days didnt he?
(waiting for his Golflink to be updated so he can play his match against Moe)

score in. was at Gailes.
No other OZgolfers present.

Moe Norman
10th September 2007, 12:25 PM
so what?

no other ozgolfers at mine either, isn't that the entire point of the game?

As long as it appears in golf link, it counts.

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 12:35 PM
Help me out Rusty? The comp scores at Gailes are all recorded in golf link already for Saturday the 8th? http://www.golflink.com.au/compresults.aspx?compid=3586743
(enter your own golflink number and password to see)

Sorry, but if your score doesnt show up soon, I dont think its fair to someone else. Its not that anybody is not trusted, but it is the same principle of having a marker sign your card.

cheers

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 01:07 PM
Thought I would get this one out of the way, this will be my last one for today (until this evening) its time to do some work, and let a little more sledging occur.

Coffs_Hacker
(alright, who called the cook a .....?)
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/2301/imageex7.jpg

v.

Andylo
(what is flyball?)

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6118/imagett9.jpg

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9398/fireball8ta4.jpg

Not much to say here, expect it was a hiding. Well Played Coffs, against one of Ozgolf's big game performers.

Goes to show that steady golf usually wins matches. :wink:

Any volunteers to commentate my match against Oz? Its ready to go.

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 01:23 PM
On second thoughts, Can I have some volunteers to commentate/announce any of the matches (except your own) - pick one if you want.

We help me get through them a bit quicker then, and add a bit of variety. I will just send you the result and you bullcrap along as you would normally do.

Fishman Dan
10th September 2007, 01:24 PM
Sorry, I'm doing my hair..

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 01:29 PM
i have ready to go.
Eags v. Kpac
Oz v. Blake

and almost ready
TS. v. Brisvegas

Fish, you havent got any hair. Pick one, you know you want to.

3oneday
10th September 2007, 01:30 PM
Give me a crack at Eagsy ;)

8)

Fishman Dan
10th September 2007, 01:37 PM
Fish, you havent got any hair. Pick one, you know you want to.

I wasn't talking about my head..

3oneday
10th September 2007, 01:49 PM
OK, quick update whilst I get sorted.....

Eags playing socket free golf in the early stages, 3 up after 8 :shock: some solid stuff early....

The much loved 510TP (or is that loved by many ?) receiving no love at all from Kpac :cry:

shazza_rs
10th September 2007, 02:20 PM
bout to update the scores for pete and i.... stay tuned.

my golflink still hasn't been updated.. i'll call the proshop and see what the go is.. i always have trouble with city

3oneday
10th September 2007, 02:25 PM
Eags
Bend it like Beckham ;)
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/9834/kpaceagswa1.jpg

V

Kpac
Fell one month short of giving swing advice :)
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/8262/kpacwq3.jpg

Well, what a great match to watch (from the bar).

Eags rolled out of the barrier with solid golf, Kpac was matching him early on....

The solid golf continued, with the Big Eagsy taking full advantage of the triple (unlike a less notable Qld associate of his :p). Eags 3 up through 8.

A little scare for Eagsy on 9, with Kpac winning a pin, but Eags steadied and won 10 to regain ascendancy.... Eags 3 up through 10. :shock:

Kpac grabbed 11 and 12 on the back of Eagsy spying a cart girl and losing all focus. He recovered in time to win 13 and regained a solid 2 hole lead with 5 to play.

Was it enough ?

Kpac started finding the heavily misused centre of everyone elses driver and on the 17th tee we're all square.... Uh oh, here comes that cart girl again !!!!!

There's no stopping Kpac now and Eagsy's all golfed out. Kpac wins the 17th and holds on up the last for a great 1up win !!!

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1765/kpacresultan7.jpg

AndyP
10th September 2007, 02:34 PM
Virtual matches are the only matchplay I can see kpac winning.

shazza_rs
10th September 2007, 02:39 PM
Just rang City Pro Shop, apparently the guy tried to put in my score but it wouldn't verify my handicap so he didnt enter it. D'oh!! I've asked him to fax it off to Middle Ridge so they can enter it. It will be an adhoc though.

Both Pete and Goughy can attest to the scoring... it was shite!

Moe Norman
10th September 2007, 02:43 PM
even in my virtual matches my opponent isn't available!

shazza_rs
10th September 2007, 02:45 PM
don't take it personally moe ;)

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 02:51 PM
I dont suppose you could tell me what the Par and CCR was could you Shazza (at least then i got something to work with)

your scoring might be shite but so is everyones. I have already looked at the match and if i said it didnt matter then obviously you have lost, and if i said it did matter then obviously you won, so all i can say is it is bloody close, so lets work it out :-)

Moe, we can wait till we find out what Rusty has to say before hanging him, :-) the previous paragraph applies to your match as well.

oz
10th September 2007, 03:00 PM
Blakey, screw the impartiality.... just put me out of my misery..... the peanut gallery will add plenty of colour commentary, I am sure.....

shazza_rs
10th September 2007, 03:00 PM
Par is 71... the winning ladies score was 36 points..... CCR was 72

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 03:07 PM
Have updated the results sheet on the First post.

- Matches marked with an "X" have been done, waiting for someone with journalistic (ie smartarz) skills to volunteer to commentate the result as 3oneday did (terrific job by the way)

- couple of matches require some clarification. nothing to get hung up about yet.

- Oh yeah, Kpac? I think Eag's might be interested in finding out more about that triple you said you had, but doesnt show up in your scores. I think we might have to hold off calling correct weight on that one.
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showpost.php?p=178406&postcount=131

- anyone want to put up a challenge too, I can organise that. I am sure that there are plenty who might like to see if Jarro is ripe for another 8/7 and looking at these scores some will go close.

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 03:08 PM
Blakey, screw the impartiality.... just put me out of my misery..... the peanut gallery will add plenty of colour commentary, I am sure.....

Oz, i am knackered, I really want others to do this, I got work to do and kids to pick up and milk to buy and whatever else she wants me to do becuase she thinks i mess around on the internet all day.

dc68
10th September 2007, 03:09 PM
Worst competition!!! Ever!!!!

Jarro
10th September 2007, 03:09 PM
- Oh yeah, Kpac? I think Eag's might be interested in finding out more about that triple you said you had, but doesnt show up in your scores. I think we might have to hold off calling correct weight on that one.
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showpost.php?p=178406&postcount=131

DQ him i say ;)

Eag's
10th September 2007, 03:20 PM
Hey, at least I didn't get beaten buy a bloke shooting two 13's again ;)
Once was enough :oops:

Moe Norman
10th September 2007, 03:30 PM
i'm happy to commentate if you shoot me a match.

as for Rusty, whats going on?!?!

AndyP
10th September 2007, 03:41 PM
Moe, we can wait till we find out what Rusty has to say before hanging him, :-) the previous paragraph applies to your match as well.
He definitely played there, as he got the NTP on 12.
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,22388672-3064,00.html
Unfortunately the link doesn't mention CCR for the day.

Did he put down birdie, par or bogey for the 12th, Blakey?

shazza_rs
10th September 2007, 03:52 PM
From the article andyp posted......

KAPERRA: Sgle Stab: P Wright 41. R/Up: S Goddard 38ocb. 4BBB: C Albury, K Poltney 44. NTP: 4 G Liggins, 8 K Pissy, 7 S Goddard. BRD: 34.

What an awesome last name :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jarro
10th September 2007, 03:53 PM
Trust you to spot that Shazza :roll:

AndyP
10th September 2007, 03:53 PM
I believe it's French, and should be pronounced that Pee-say......

andylo
10th September 2007, 03:54 PM
PACIFIC: Sgle Stab: Div 1: A Hackwood (7) 41. R/Up: M Holliday (14) 40. Div 2: R Fothergill (28) 40ocb. R/Up: R Loane (18) 40. NTP: 3 D Bruce, M Smith, 7 M Pavlou, T Priest, 13 G McLaughlan, H Allan, 17 D Clarke, J McKechnie. Pro: 13 H Allan. App: 2 D Clarke. BRD: 36. CCR: 69

I think these 2 are funny

dc68
10th September 2007, 03:56 PM
I prefer the NTP on 17 and the approach on the 2nd... ;)

Jarro
10th September 2007, 04:00 PM
showoff :p

Moe Norman
10th September 2007, 04:05 PM
MTB, as his opponent I vote that you accept whatever score he entered into the web form.

(I think I made bogey on 12)

dc68
10th September 2007, 04:06 PM
showoff :p

And the Pro pin on Satdee worth $278.00 :lol:

Eag's
10th September 2007, 04:07 PM
And the Pro pin on Satdee worth $278.00 :lol:

Your shout at the Champs mate ;)

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 04:15 PM
MTB, as his opponent I vote that you accept whatever score he entered into the web form.

on that hole he won NTP or for the complete round?

Moe Norman
10th September 2007, 04:24 PM
the entire round.

dc68
10th September 2007, 04:26 PM
Your shout at the Champs mate ;)

To use in the pro-shop..... Now to try and get an O'gio in.:roll:

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 04:26 PM
He definitely played there, as he got the NTP on 12.
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,22388672-3064,00.html
Unfortunately the link doesn't mention CCR for the day.

That also says Sunday golf, Rusty played at Gailes on Saturday according to him. I have the CCR for Saturday already, but sunday may well be very different. Doenst look to me like Gailes have doen the handicapping for Sunday yet,

The other club reports definitely looks like sunday comps to me too.

So yeah, need to find out what day he played first, before I can go any further :-)

dc68
10th September 2007, 04:50 PM
Protest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What handicap did you have Fishdick off?

Moe Norman
10th September 2007, 04:56 PM
Fishman Dan
The gay fader

http://www.fullpointsfooty.net/images/VicToCDoull.jpg

V

Peter_RS
The erratic bomber

http://www.foxnews.com/images/224344/2_61_head_scratch.jpg

Interesting match this one. One bloke bunts it down the right all day, while the other one covers more ground than Alexander the Great.

The bomber starts well going 2 up through 3 holes, before losing his way posting some 69 style numbers on 4 & 5 for the fader to get back to square.

The momentary lapse is ignored, and after the fader sledges with the old favourite "Drive for show and putt for doe" the bombers replies by walking off the 10th green 2 up and could be hear to mutter "You bunt it in the sticks, you putt for nix"

At this point the gay fader, realises that tanking this match won't secure him any draft picks and fades his way to 1 down through 13.

Then the bomber starts shaking over putts like Ali lighting the olympic flame, and despite the fader finding the hosel more often than a club fitter - he takes the 14th and squares the next 3 to stand on the 18th tee all square.

The bomber is rattled, and he thinks the shaft in his driver might be a touch soft, with a kick point 3mm too high. This sort of mental disintegration is all the fader needs and he smashes one 130m down the middle. Bomber clips his left ear on his backswing which takes his swing off plane and he blocks it way right. Fader thinks he has it in the bag and Hilary Swanks his approach in the general direction of the green. While the bombber looks for his ball and peruses his launch monitor readings, the Fishman taps in to take a 1 up win.

Moral of the story? There isn't one. Fishman Dan won the match, Peter_RS and golf were the losers...

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/8900/fireball14ws0.jpg

Moe Norman
10th September 2007, 04:57 PM
bugger, i'll have to find some more images

3oneday
10th September 2007, 04:58 PM
Very good, I particularly liked Fishys drive on the last... he must have busted that one :lol: :lol:

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 05:02 PM

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 05:03 PM
Protest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What handicap did you have Fishdick off?

See the little number under his name? it aint the size of his woody.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/9316/fireball7qj3.jpg

i could give you a couple more shots, but it would only drag the pain out a bit longer :-)

3oneday
10th September 2007, 05:09 PM
Nice shorts Dan :smt007

peter_rs
10th September 2007, 05:21 PM
Nice match fish.

the result was expected. I'm supprised I lasted to the 18th.

Fishman Dan
10th September 2007, 05:30 PM
Worst competition!!! Ever!!!!

Is it possible to mute the losers?

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 05:44 PM
Guest commentators required:
TS v. Brisvegas - (Courty got the job)
Marktheblake v. Oz

thanks.

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 06:09 PM
Rusty has confirmed he played Gailes on Sundayy and Golflink not updated yet. Sorry Moe, this game is too close to guesstimate and it has a significant consequence on the next matches as well.

We are also waiting for shazzas score to update on golflink

so for that section of the draw we just need to wait another day

Rusty
10th September 2007, 06:26 PM
yep was Gailes on Sunday. missed that 80cm NTP putt on 12. Moe you've got me on toast.

Moe Norman
10th September 2007, 06:33 PM
i struggled...you definately won 12 from memory

peter_rs
10th September 2007, 06:37 PM
So MTB does the virtual result between fish and I change if you do my scores in the order of holes I played eg 4-18,1-3 (since it was a shot gun) instead of 1-18?

BV which way did you list your scores?

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 06:49 PM
yes, most definitely you should have recorded your scores in the order that you played them.

As for your 2nd question, it does change the result, you got smashed 5/3 :-)

with the rearranged holes, hardly any of your handicap strokes got used.

Does anyone else need to put there scores in again?

Moe Norman
10th September 2007, 06:53 PM
should I redo the commentary?!

lol

Fishman Dan
10th September 2007, 07:19 PM
Nice match fish.

the result was expected. I'm supprised I lasted to the 18th.

I've missed out on a big afternoon.

There's some form early on, but if matches go to 16 and 17 the door is ajar (particularly 17).

It was a ding-dong battle, commentry by a dumbell!

3oneday - when are you available for our match... March '08 good for you?

3oneday
10th September 2007, 07:36 PM
3oneday - when are you available for our match... March '08 good for you?I already played, where were you ?

;)

kpac
10th September 2007, 07:59 PM
Send us a result blakey - i'll drag one out....

Ps: i only had the 1 triple - incorrect post by me sorry - have witness's

kpac
10th September 2007, 09:07 PM
Next up:

OZ (the claw)
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/n8/n44697.jpg

Vs

Marktheblake (Complex competition master)
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51601Uip0jL._AA280_.jpg

hmmm can the putting claw jag a victory or is the, maker of the rules, going to work the system??:smt108

Blake hit a few buckets on the range and it tells early - MTB 4 up after 5 :shock:

OZ needs to start "claw"ing it back... and he does - OZ 2 down at the turn :smt023

kpac
10th September 2007, 09:16 PM
Cont...

The halfway cart comes just in time for blakey to stem the flow - mean while the mid-way bite couldn't provide the energy to bridge the two shot gap.....

Blake gets another shot up and it is too much for OZ to get back.

Marktheblake wins 3 an 2

:smt038 :smt038 well done blake - see you in the next round :smt093
http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/7972/fireball2pl0.jpg

BrisVegas
10th September 2007, 09:19 PM
nice win blakey. you're the matchplay king.

Moe Norman
10th September 2007, 09:20 PM
ffs, i want my match to be played!

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 09:24 PM
Courty should be posting TS v Vegas soon.

Vegas & Shazza - did you want to change the order of your holes as per Peter_RS question?

BrisVegas
10th September 2007, 09:27 PM
Vegas - did you want to change the order of your holes as per Peter_RS question?

I had the luxury of starting on the 1st hole in that shotgun. Helps to know an event sponsor. ;)

Courty
10th September 2007, 10:17 PM
Next Up:

Brisvegas
(Titleist 'R Us)
http://blogs.allocine.fr/blogsdatas/mdata/1/3/5/Z20060514130810983607531/img/tackleberry_.jpg

vs.

TS
(Sensei)
http://realityshifters.com/media/kwaichangcaine.jpg

Not much pre-match hype on this one, which is surprising considering Brisvegas gets an extra few shots up his sleeve courtesy of Blakey's confusing (to some) method of calculation. That & his well-known ability to shoot consistent numbers should have him at short odds for this tournament.

Brisvegas starts with a bang, his length off the tee creating a huge advantage on the long opening holes. Vegas gets 3 straight wins up before TS realises what's happening. TS steadies and nabs a solid win on a short par 3, with accuracy trumping length. But Vegas counters immediately on the next to return the ledger to +3. TS shows resistance and ekes out another win on the tricky 6th hole, but Brisvegas is on a mission. He returns fire with another brace of wins. TS makes a miraculous up & down from a fairway bunker to square the 9th, halting Vegas' charge at 4 up.

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 10:24 PM
After Peter_Rs declared he started on the 4th hole in a shotgun not the first we had to rearrange the scores into the order that he played. This means the result is changed slightly. Originally it was 1 up, but now.....

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/8461/fireball14agf7.jpg

a thumping!

This goes to show that even close scores in matchplay can result in big margins, and vica versa.

So dont be discouraged if your score was shite. Yuo just gotta hope your crap holes were on their good ones and you just might swing it.

Courty
10th September 2007, 11:00 PM
TS staggers to the clubhouse wondering what hit him, and cleans the bar out of Red Bull in an effort to fire himself up. Brisvegas goes straight to the 10th tee. He's on a roll and is determined to finish this thing early, as he has mouths to feed at home.

By the time TS gets to the 10th tee box, Vegas is teed up and addressing the ball. He launches a monster to within middle iron distance from the green on this longest hole on the course. TS' halfway refuel appears to have been in vain, as he snap hooks one into the bordering lake and then concedes the hole before the gathering crowd can even begin to move down the fairway. Sympathy never crosses Vegas's mind as he stiffs his approach on the 11th and then watches TS flub his shortside chip. Vegas soaks up the buzz from the gallery as he strides to the 11th, secure in the knowledge that a halved hole will see him home before Hayley wakes up for her 3pm feed. TS follows at a distance with slumped shoulders, his acute hearing picking up the word 'Dormy' being excitedly whispered amongst the crowd. They stand side-by-side on the 12th tee staring across at the tiny green surrounded by certain death. Vegas calmly flushes an 8 iron to the widest part of the green, not needing to be aggressive to get a result. TS catches his 5 iron a little thin, but gets enough on it to reach the front bunker. As he did on the 9th, TS plays a sublime sand shot, but lady luck is not on his side, as the ball hits the bottom of the flagstick on the full, then skittles 15ft away. Vegas attempts to lag his downhill 20-footer, but he puts a little too much on it. Incredibly it rams in the back of the cup and drops in the hole. The crowd goes mental at the ferocity of the win. TS drops to his knees, thoroughly demoralised.

This game is over with a stunning 7/6 performance by the 2005 Player Of The Year.

Card:
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3145/fireball11iz1.jpg

markTHEblake
10th September 2007, 11:18 PM
Ok thats a wrap for Day 1 of the Fireball Matchplay.

Outstanding performances by
Brisvegas, Coffshacker, Fishman Dan, and 3oneday in handing out some pretty good thrashings.

However only two of those will survive the next round (Quarter final), so we should see a clear favourite emerge from this group.

Or is there a silent assassin lurking amongst the other golfers still remaining?

Fishman Dan
10th September 2007, 11:20 PM
It's not what... it's who.

Ain't that right, DC68?

Jarro
11th September 2007, 01:49 AM
Isn't this thing over yet ?

oz
11th September 2007, 08:07 AM
Too good for me, Blakey. Well played. OB on 2, and then some shortgame meltdowns on 11 & 13 didn't help my cause. Good luck in the next round. :)

Fishman Dan
11th September 2007, 08:29 AM
Isn't this thing over yet ?

For you, yes.

Moe Norman
11th September 2007, 08:40 AM
get your ass into gear GAILES

markTHEblake
11th September 2007, 12:07 PM
Rusty's score is in. Preparing the match details now.

I had already planned out both outcomes to this match and 1stroke either way seriously affects the subsequent matches in this section.

ie if A beats B, then A loses to C. But if B beats A, then B beats C, and then the same thing goes in the next bracket as well.

Fishman Dan
11th September 2007, 12:10 PM
Less gibber, more score posting..

Moe Norman
11th September 2007, 12:42 PM
^what he said^