PDA

View Full Version : Peter_rs vs golfer69 & Brisvegas Vs Dc68 @ Sat Nov 3rd....Windaroo...Monthly medal

Pages : 1 [2]

Iain
30th October 2007, 01:39 PM
perfect for you then ;)

Like to compare golflinks?

So what does that make you??

BrisVegas
30th October 2007, 01:44 PM

ouch! just looked at your golflink iain. you got all of us covered mate!

Jarro
30th October 2007, 01:47 PM
Good idea Dick ... put the pressure on him.

That'll see what he's really made of.

poidda
30th October 2007, 01:52 PM
If he wasn't such a tosser, he'd be a chance for "Most Improved"

Iain
30th October 2007, 01:52 PM
ouch! just looked at your golflink iain. you got all of us covered mate!

Say's you who's playing off 7 at Brookwater.... :roll:

Iain
30th October 2007, 01:53 PM
If he wasn't such a tosser, he'd be a chance for "Most Improved"

Then you've got Buckley's chance....

damoocow
30th October 2007, 02:08 PM
all this banter has got me interested, can i be down first reserv in case of a late scratch

kpac can have my spot if he really wants it - might look at playing somewhere cheaper / or closer to home instead

damoocow

peter_rs
30th October 2007, 02:17 PM

Just flop it out and we will measure too.

I never claimed to be a golfer let alone a good one

ps congrats on the new hcp.

kpac
30th October 2007, 02:42 PM
kpac can have my spot if he really wants it - might look at playing somewhere cheaper / or closer to home instead

damoocow

i'm happy to be first reserve mate, just in case pete or any others cant get there... If you're going to play elsewhere though i'll take it for sure. Dont mind either way, let me know.

shazza_rs
30th October 2007, 02:56 PM
a walkover would be a letdown...

It wouldn't be a walkover anyway..... :roll:

they have until the bloody champs....

poidda
30th October 2007, 03:27 PM
It wouldn't be a walkover anyway..... :roll:

they have until the bloody champs....

Would that only leave the weekend of the 10th? Pretty toight!

dc68
30th October 2007, 03:30 PM
Pete what time will you be heading off on Saturday?

BrisVegas
30th October 2007, 03:31 PM
No chance of this being played before November.... DQ them both.

your prophecy could yet come true fishy.... :lol:

poidda
30th October 2007, 03:31 PM
Pete what time will you be heading off on Saturday?

Who me? ****s me. How much warm up do you need? Vegas just pm'd me offering me $6 (or 2 happy hour pints) if I was late and we missed the tee. :)

AndyP
30th October 2007, 03:37 PM
You're expecting dc68 to counter-offer, aren't you?

BrisVegas
30th October 2007, 03:39 PM
Who me? ****s me. How much warm up do you need? Vegas just pm'd me offering me $6 (or 2 happy hour pints) if I was late and we missed the tee. :)

oh gee, thanks. Leave me in a two with the lesbian. :roll:

poidda
30th October 2007, 03:40 PM
You're expecting dc68 to counter-offer, aren't you?Do you have to ruin everything? :roll:

dc68
30th October 2007, 03:44 PM
:-s

AndyP
30th October 2007, 03:44 PM
I'll offer you 4 pints, if you drive dc to Woodridge and leave him there.

dc68
30th October 2007, 03:45 PM
Warm up = 3 beers before we hit off. how long can it take?

dc68
30th October 2007, 03:47 PM
I'll offer you 4 pints, if you drive dc to Woodridge and leave him there.

Coat.

poidda
30th October 2007, 03:52 PM
How long is it from your joint dc?

dc68
30th October 2007, 04:45 PM
30-35 depending on traffic

poidda
30th October 2007, 04:59 PM
30-35 depending on traffic

Well name a time and I'll be there.

Jarro
30th October 2007, 05:01 PM
How long is it from your joint dc?

4 pints ;)

dc68
30th October 2007, 05:13 PM
What time are we off again?

poidda
30th October 2007, 05:17 PM
What time are we off again?

That's why I asked the question. I cant remember and there's been so much Shyte talked, I cant find it.

dc68
30th October 2007, 05:21 PM
Dion?

dc68
30th October 2007, 05:26 PM
1224 and 1231

So I would say 11-1115 would be fine mate. give time for a putt and a pot or 2

poidda
30th October 2007, 05:32 PM
sounds good

dc68
30th October 2007, 05:35 PM
Ok mate, we can work out details later in the week.

damoocow
30th October 2007, 07:13 PM
i'm happy to be first reserve mate, just in case pete or any others cant get there... If you're going to play elsewhere though i'll take it for sure. Dont mind either way, let me know.

your call kpac- thinking of having an el cheapo $10 comp at Karana Downs or just doing Keperra for the same price as Windaroo..............if you want this spot take it otherwise I'll just stay as is ....let me know

damoocow

PS - thanks for the call Dion

kpac
30th October 2007, 08:20 PM
your call kpac- thinking of having an el cheapo $10 comp at Karana Downs or just doing Keperra for the same price as Windaroo..............if you want this spot take it otherwise I'll just stay as is ....let me know

damoocow

PS - thanks for the call Dion
Yeah i'll take it the Damo, thanks mate. Just didn't want to upset any apple carts but if you're keen to play elsewhere then no harm done :smt023
Cheers mate.

Jot me in Vegas

BrisVegas
30th October 2007, 08:47 PM
Dion?

David?

terryand
30th October 2007, 08:55 PM
Mark

Jarro
30th October 2007, 08:55 PM
Terry

kpac
30th October 2007, 09:00 PM
you blokes get side tracked so easy.....

markTHEblake
30th October 2007, 09:21 PM
Dion, David, Mark, Terry.

kpac
1st November 2007, 10:18 AM
if it's the order of the day rust you want to play matchplay aswell mate? hate to be the odd ones out.

AndyP
1st November 2007, 10:20 AM
Oooo, battle of the burglars. :p

Rusty
1st November 2007, 01:00 PM
if it's the order of the day rust you want to play matchplay aswell mate?

umm... nah, the course is pressure enough for me, just want to watch the action this time 'round.

kpac
1st November 2007, 01:32 PM
umm... nah, the course is pressure enough for me, just want to watch the action this time 'round.

no dramas mate. didn't like my chances anyway!

terryand
1st November 2007, 01:49 PM
Pussy :-s

Terry.

Rusty
1st November 2007, 02:02 PM
couldn't agree more :oops:

BrisVegas
2nd November 2007, 01:42 PM
1.G69
2.Pete_RS
3.Rusty
4.kpac

5.BrisVegas
6.Dc68
7.poidda
8.blakey

bump for golfer69 who can't remember who he's playing tomorrow..... :roll:

kpac - your name for tomorrow is Iain Schwartz. :wink:

markTHEblake
2nd November 2007, 01:48 PM
Ok, are we car pooling from the Gold Coast. Yeah i know its only 30 mins but we gotta save the planet y'know.

PeteyD
2nd November 2007, 01:50 PM
Good luck semi finalists! Can the Juggernaut eclipse the sprayjockey? Can Dion avoid being steamrolled by the newer svelte DC? All will be revealed tomorrow!

BrisVegas
2nd November 2007, 01:53 PM
Ok, are we car pooling from the Gold Coast. Yeah i know its only 30 mins but we gotta save the planet y'know.

I definitely recall golfer69 saying that you should come around to his place early for coffee, pancakes and hang out by the pool for a chat.

poidda
2nd November 2007, 01:53 PM

I agree with ya Blakey. Me and DC are sorted from our way!

BrisVegas
2nd November 2007, 01:54 PM
Can Dion avoid being steamrolled by the newer svelte DC? All will be revealed tomorrow!

Just so we're clear, even the svelte new dc68 outweighs me. ;)

kpac
2nd November 2007, 02:32 PM
sorry blake, i'll be coming from the northside from a bris appointement, happy to offer a lift back tho.

dc68
2nd November 2007, 02:39 PM
Look........ If youse blokes don't want him in your cars just say so.

AndyP
2nd November 2007, 02:40 PM
Pretty pathetic excuses. I expected better.

markTHEblake
2nd November 2007, 02:41 PM
Its a hatchback too, as if you cant fit two sets of clubs in there.

I can come pick you up anyway ya nob. is there a Tab anywhere near a pie shop?

poidda
2nd November 2007, 02:41 PM
Blake...in the negotiations with the bride for the game I lost the bigger car. I now got the little Pulsar that barely fits one set of club.
Plus I got TAB pitstops planned.

Pulsar? Mate, I'm picking up DC in my old Pulsar. There's plenty of room!

dc68
2nd November 2007, 02:46 PM
I left a wedge in a hire car...FFS.

Bahahahahahahahaha

AndyP
2nd November 2007, 02:48 PM
How do you leave a wedge in the car if you are removing woods?

And what sort of affect will this loss have on your game?

kpac
2nd November 2007, 02:49 PM
How do you leave a wedge in the car if you are removing woods?

And what sort of affect will this loss have on your game?
:-s good question

Eag's
2nd November 2007, 03:34 PM
The clubs only fit in the boot with the woods out.
Last time I did that I left a wedge in a hire car...FFS.

So all the accusations of someone tampering with your gear were unfounded, good work Sherlock :razz:

AndyP
2nd November 2007, 03:42 PM
He might have taken the wedge out while removing beer bottles from the bottom of his bag.

dc68
2nd November 2007, 05:18 PM
Right you mob of aunts ... will see you at Windypoo tomorrow. Poidda see you at 11. Vegas.... please go easy on me.

shazza_rs
2nd November 2007, 08:43 PM
well after what i saw today you are a shoe in G69

Jarro
2nd November 2007, 08:46 PM
We don't really wanna know what you "see" on a regular basis thanks Shaz ;)

AndyP
2nd November 2007, 09:19 PM
I thought he was anyway.

Roll on, Juggernaut.

shazza_rs
2nd November 2007, 09:37 PM
108 with 9 lost balls...thats not reverse psyche shit ... thats really crappy golf!

Jarro
2nd November 2007, 09:38 PM
geez, if he shoots 108 tomorrow he's a real chance 8)

PeteyD
2nd November 2007, 10:35 PM
hehe that will be farnee

Jarro
3rd November 2007, 04:18 PM
The winners should be decided by now ????

Eag's
3rd November 2007, 04:22 PM
The winners should be decided by now ????

You would think so, somebody text them and find out ;)

Jarro
3rd November 2007, 05:58 PM
I know the result of one of the matches ;)

AndyP
3rd November 2007, 07:40 PM
Tell us FFS. I'm about to head out.

Jarro
3rd November 2007, 08:06 PM
I know the result of both matches ;)

Eag's
3rd November 2007, 08:11 PM
I know the result of both matches ;)

Same here :mrgreen: not going to spoil it for the combatants though ;)

Jarro
3rd November 2007, 08:33 PM
OK, well that match didn't go as we all had hoped :roll:

Let's hope the other match went according to plan ;)

Eag's
3rd November 2007, 08:38 PM
So Dicky rolls on once again, can anyone take this bloke down :roll: ;)

markTHEblake
3rd November 2007, 08:58 PM
I'll be giggling when Pete and I are winning holes with triples and Dion and DC are halving them with birdies.

Unbeleivable, you could be the next Nostradamus.

BrisVegas
3rd November 2007, 11:05 PM
I'm rooted...christ I need to get fit.
Short story...both pete and I played ****ed but not quite as ****ed as newcastle.
I won the last to beat him 2 up. Thanks for the hit pete.
I have an able combatant in the final.

Surprisingly, your opponent is me. :o

Managed to sneak a win over dc68 today. Dave came home strong with 1 over on the back 9, but the match was over 4 & 3 on the par 3 15th after dave smashed a 4 iron about 190m over the green into the wind and couldn't save par.

Ironically, he went on to par 16, and birdie 17 and 18. I went bogey, par, par, so there was nothing in it today. Dave made 5 birdies in the round to my one (which he matched for a half on the first :smt108 ) but I manged to save a lot of pars and stayed out of trouble, well mostly.

Thanks for the game mate, I got lucky today. You showed your real game later in the round today when you started flushing it. I don't think anyone will come close to you at the champs again.

peter_rs
3rd November 2007, 11:19 PM
congrats on the win g69 and dion

First game with G69 and it was interesting. It was one of those days the woods were still in perth (wait they didn't go to perth ...***ed if I know where they are). windy is a hard course taking 3 iron of the tee. It would have been interesting if we had to go extra holes, we were both rooted.

I was happy to push the match as far as I did, and held a few putts for a change.

thanks to kpac and rust.

special thanks to shazza for the caddie work.

shazza_rs
4th November 2007, 09:00 AM
I was always rooting for my pete... but u know me i can't give up an opportunity for a good sledge no matter who the person is...:)

AndyP
4th November 2007, 09:27 AM
Yay guys. :D

kpac
4th November 2007, 09:40 AM
Bit slow with the scores, but here they are.

nett:
Bris Vegas 74
Rusty 77
DC68 77
MarkTheBlake 79
Poidda 79
Pete_rs 82
Golfer 69 82
Kpac 88

Wasn't my best day ever..... got myself into a lot of trouble disposed of 4 balls in the first 4 holes and that set the tone really.
Cheers for the game lads, the juganaught is well and tuely rolling in the matchplay, i though it was going to come to a hault on the 14th, with 69'rs 2nd shot almost breaking his concentration, but shook it off and ground it out to finish. well done. Was a good match to watch. Cheers rusty and the following group, good to catch up with you again after a short drought of ozgolf games. Now off to the pro shop, see if i cant buy myself and game/common sense! ;)

Jarro
4th November 2007, 03:17 PM
All i can say is .....

GO VEGAS !!!!!!!!!!

BrisVegas
4th November 2007, 03:56 PM
noticed that nett 63 won the day! Not bad for a back marker day. :shock:

0.1 back for me. Playing off 8 against the juggernaut.

peter_rs
4th November 2007, 04:39 PM
Pete I do have one question....what were you thinking with the shot played from the water drop on snake gully ? Was that an overhit lay up shot or an attack at the green ? personally i think that was the decider of the match...you had a shot there and I was already in the piss. Up until that 3rd one went in I thought I was gone.

It was an over hit that turned into a draw. I had almost decided to go for the green but then dropped back two irons for the layup. Allways happens when I play safe ;)

Hey it was your hole after you called my ball lost when I figured it was in the gully :evil: ;) (hit the gum on the right and dropped straight down). The re tee broke my back flying it over your head into the piss was a big mistake.:smt087

Who would have guessed I could loss 3 balls on one hole and be a shot of a 1/2.:shock:

You had me covered if you won 16. It was interest to look at the card after I lost every hole I had a shot on.... I will have to work on that

Webster
4th November 2007, 05:25 PM
Jeez some woeful scores by the participants here - especially the matchplayers with a pair of net 82's.

Queensland is still clearly the home of the vanity handicap.

Eag's
4th November 2007, 05:39 PM
Jeez some woeful scores by the participants here - especially the matchplayers with a pair of net 82's.

Queensland is still clearly the home of the vanity handicap.

Hey, we can't all be superstars like yourself Jack :roll:

Jarro
4th November 2007, 05:39 PM
Jarro, my good friend...you have rooted hard for every one of my opponents since the pizzling I gave you....please cheer very very loud for Vegas !

He doesn't need me to cheer for him mate, if he's off 8 when he plays you ... it'll be a carve up :mrgreen:

Webster
4th November 2007, 05:40 PM
Hey, we can't all be superstars like yourself Jack :roll:

I disagree. I see no reason why you can't be a superstar like me..

peter_rs
4th November 2007, 07:51 PM
I looked in the creek first because thats where i thought it would be.. i only looked over the creek when shaz said she thought that was where it could of ricocheted to. I did go back for a 2nd look in the water and long grass before i asked you for your opinion.

I was surprised that i picked up 13 and 14 as wins. It could of been over a lot sooner. Don't know how you think 12 was going to be a loss. I couldn't hit driver all ****ing day. The one drive i did hit only got as far as you anyway. I blame my caddy. She didn't pull my club on the 11th.... i pulled out a 9 iron instead of my 6....so so short and in the water ;)

peter_rs
4th November 2007, 07:52 PM
Jack.... I'll miss you at the champs... any time you are up in Queensland you are quite welcome to take me on in matchplay of the tips at windaroo in a comp and see what sort of score you can come up with.

peter_rs
4th November 2007, 07:57 PM
By the way mate...the 11th was a soft 5 wood.

No way was it a 5 wood.... my 6 iron was pin high albeit in the bunker.:mrgreen:

Only old farts like you need to hit a wood on that hole.

Kpac hit a 5 wood and was over the back almost in the piss.

Jarro
4th November 2007, 07:57 PM
Now you're talking sense....it was the caddies fault.
By the way mate...the 11th was a soft 5 wood.

WTF !?!! :shock:

That's not that long a hole is it ??

What happened on the 14th anyway ??

peter_rs
4th November 2007, 08:05 PM
Lets see... After a shock win on the previous hole, Pete hits a 3 iron to middle of fairway. G69 hooked one left possibly OB.. then hit a provisional with a big cut into the piss. After searching for a while G69 finds his first ball. Then his second shot proceeded to join his 2nd tee shot in the water ( i think it was a shank but can't be sure). Pete hit his 2nd shot to be just short of the green. G69's 4th shot came up on the front of the green. Pete got up and down for a par, G69 2 putted so Pete won the hole.

I agree jarro.. that hole isn't that long (but there was some wind)

peter_rs
4th November 2007, 08:11 PM
I figured you might mention that... happy to say it wasn't a shank... no hosel in that one.

The rough... that wasn't so bad ... how bout the ****ing bunkers???!!!

Eag's
4th November 2007, 08:14 PM
I figured you might mention that... happy to say it wasn't a shank... no hosel in that one.

Where they in bad shape again?

peter_rs
4th November 2007, 08:17 PM
well... i didn't see any sand in the ****ers... anyone else see any??? You either got hard pan dirt, dry mud cakes, or just straight mud.

only one i saw that had sand was the greenside traps on 13th... conveniently the only one dicky went in all day.

markTHEblake
4th November 2007, 08:20 PM

I was chatting with a volunteer at the Qld PGA today. He said he was a member of Windaroo, and the first thing he said was "someone should blow up the bunker on the 8th"

Uncanny he should say that, as my round died in that bunker yesterday.

BrisVegas
4th November 2007, 09:01 PM
the bunkers were shocking. They looked as though they'd be scraped out with a bobcat (exposing the underlying dirt) in readiness for major reno's.

kpac
4th November 2007, 09:33 PM
bunkers like that are stupid, totally agree even though i got lucky in the few i went in actually had some sand. Poor rusty on the 9th? semi plugged in the MUD with a big chunk of mud on top of his ball, left it in the bunker but this tim it was sitting on rock hard shit!! I dont know why they dont call them GUR untill they're in playable condition!

poidda
4th November 2007, 10:17 PM
I blame my caddy. She didn't pull my club on the 11th.... i pulled out a 9 iron instead of my 6....so so short and in the water ;)huh? With the amount of golf you play and you can't tell the difference at address? :shock:

Jarro
5th November 2007, 05:32 AM
huh? With the amount of golf you play and you can't tell the difference at address? :shock:

I was thinking the same thing :-s

poidda
5th November 2007, 09:32 AM
Yeah cheers for the game guys. It was a good day out. I can't believe how much better Windaroo is compared to 3 months ago. It's amazing what a bit of rain can do. (Of course this excludes the bunkers with should be GUR)

As for my game, I was happy with how I struck the ball, but had an absolute shocker on the greens. I never looked like making a putt and finished with 42 of the ****ers. Anyyyway.

Cheers for the game Vegas and DC. Oh and Blakey to. ;)

EDIT: And to top it all off, I've missed out on getting .1 back. I forgot to put my card in, and according to GolfLink I've been DQ'd. Maybe it was the dodgy relief I took on 10. :roll:

Webster
5th November 2007, 09:35 AM
Jack.... I'll miss you at the champs... any time you are up in Queensland you are quite welcome to take me on in matchplay of the tips at windaroo in a comp and see what sort of score you can come up with.

No problem. A pity I cant be there for the champs but thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Windaroo looks like a dinky little track where positional play and a conservative approach is paramount - that is esentially my game plan so I think it will suit me. It cant be that hard if someone shot a net 63 there...

dc68
5th November 2007, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the game guys. I would hardly call it luck Vegas you putted very well and I think that was the difference between us. Well played. It should be a ripper of a final.

peter_rs
5th November 2007, 09:57 AM
huh? With the amount of golf you play and you can't tell the difference at address? :shock:

I noticed something but trusted I pulled the right iron and I was a little busy laughing at a joke.

I know it was my screw up.

peter_rs
5th November 2007, 10:01 AM
No problem. A pity I cant be there for the champs but thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Windaroo looks like a dinky little track where positional play and a conservative approach is paramount - that is esentially my game plan so I think it will suit me. It cant be that hard if someone shot a net 63 there...

And I shot a net 62 at nudgee doesn't mean its a easy course. I also shot a net 56 (par 72) at dalby but that is a easy course and was not in comp.

Webster
5th November 2007, 11:37 AM
I also shot a net 56 (par 72) at dalby but that is a easy course and was not in comp.

If it wasnt in a comp then it doesnt count peter (you should know that by now)

Rusty
6th November 2007, 02:39 PM
bunkers like that are stupid, totally agree even though i got lucky in the few i went in actually had some sand. Poor rusty on the 9th? semi plugged in the MUD with a big chunk of mud on top of his ball, left it in the bunker but this tim it was sitting on rock hard shit!! I dont know why they dont call them GUR untill they're in playable condition!

ah yeah, that was tough - played it a bit soft as i didn't really want to get mud all over me (right bunker on the 10th). the fairways were fantastic and the greens were pretty good too. a bit of sand in the bunkers, and sprinklers with distances on them, would make it a fantastic course.

Jarro
6th November 2007, 03:27 PM
Surely it can't be that hard to ensure there is at least a little bit of sand in the bunkers ?

Why do they let them get to that state in the first place ??

terryand
6th November 2007, 03:28 PM
$$$$$$$$

Jarro
6th November 2007, 03:30 PM
Sand doesn't cost that much Tezza ;)

terryand
6th November 2007, 04:04 PM
True, but those bloody plumbers cost a fortune to put the drainage in to stop them turning into duck ponds ;)

Terry.

3oneday
6th November 2007, 04:20 PM
I guess lots of guys have seen bunkers get built. They seem to take a bit of work if done right, well in the eyes of an amateur anyway ;).

AndyP
6th November 2007, 04:30 PM
I seem to recall hearing a figure of $30k or so to actually build a bunker.

poidda
6th November 2007, 10:47 PM
I seem to recall hearing a figure of $30k or so to actually build a bunker.
a bunker? as in one!?! WTF?

PeteyD
7th November 2007, 06:10 AM
Yea. Ask 69er what they cost. It ain't just a hole with some sand in it (reminds me of schoolies week) although that is waht they should be.

markTHEblake
21st November 2007, 12:12 AM
A bit late I know but here are some pics from the big day out at Windaroo. Just using my crappy phone.

Thats Golfer69, PeterRs, Kent, and Rusty all hitting off the first.

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/8764/pic000161um4.th.jpg (http://img251.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic000161um4.jpg)http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3584/pic000162le4.th.jpg (http://img442.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic000162le4.jpg)http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/8532/pic000163wl7.th.jpg (http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic000163wl7.jpg)http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4281/pic000164ut3.th.jpg (http://img442.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic000164ut3.jpg)

Jarro
21st November 2007, 02:35 AM
Nice shot of the Dick waggle Blakey :roll:

Better than that godawful follow through picture i've seen a thousand times of late.

3oneday
21st November 2007, 08:11 AM
Peter_rs looks like the only golfer amongst that lot.

BrisVegas
21st November 2007, 09:14 AM
looks can be deceiving. :wink:

peter_rs
21st November 2007, 09:25 AM
WOW one of the only tee shots not with a iron....

are you taking the piss 3oneday nothing looks good in my pic.

3oneday
21st November 2007, 09:37 AM
are you taking the piss 3oneday nothing looks good in my pic.I wasn't actually, your follow through looks just dandy to me.

Sorry, I'm practicing my new mantra of being nice most of the time.