PDA

View Full Version : Titleist 907D2 Serial Numbers

Moe Norman
30th August 2007, 10:44 PM
Gents,

My lovely new Titlesit 907D2 arrived today.

It doesn't have a serial number and I'm a bit concerned. It looks identical to the 9.5* I bought off Jono and I can't see any difference at all apart from not having a serial # and having a slightly smaller ferrule. :oops:

It also appears to sit slightly open, the 9.5* appears square, or maybe even a bit closed :-k

You experts out there, have I been dudded? Do I have a fake? :smt093

Hope NOT! :smt087

gazgolf1
31st August 2007, 06:37 AM
Tour ??? ;)

Webster
31st August 2007, 07:39 AM
Moe, I think only the US produced Titty drivers had serial numbers on them, whilst the AUst ones have no serial number. This is how it was for the previous S, T and R versions anyway. I seem to recall a thread on one of the US sites where some joker was buying them in Aust and flogging them in the US as Tour versions when they werent that at all.

Where did you get it from?

Moe Norman
31st August 2007, 07:42 AM
I got it from a bloke in Sydney.

He just replied to my e-mail claiming it to be a Tour Model.

I decided to google his name (from his e-mail address) and it turns out he plays on the Canadian Tour so I guess I'll just have to believe him.

He didn't mention it was Tour Issue until I asked about the serial # though, so I'm a bit suspicious.

Haven't hit it yet, so we'll see how it goes.

BrisVegas
31st August 2007, 08:06 AM
That's pretty dodgey of him not to tell you it's tour. There's no Titleist warranty on tour clubs.

andylo
31st August 2007, 08:19 AM
Apperantly not many tour pros knows their "tour issue" clubs worth more than details.... some might know but couldn't care.

Most of them consider their unwanted tour issue club as second.

Another case is, although the club is given to them, but on paper these are still Titleist's property.

Probably your guy is honest person.

Moe Norman
31st August 2007, 08:47 AM
That's pretty dodgey of him not to tell you it's tour. There's no Titleist warranty on tour clubs.
hopefully I don't need to execute any warranties.

BrisVegas
31st August 2007, 08:51 AM
you should be fine. When's the last time you heard of a modern titanium club breaking (other than in peter_rs's hands). And besides, the club ho's on here will respect you more now for having a tour driver!

3oneday
31st August 2007, 10:10 AM
you should be fine. When's the last time you heard of a modern titanium club breaking there are a lot of idiots that hit range rocks with them, ball after ball.

I have seen 2 fail, it happens, but generally with only TaylorMade crap :)

Moe Norman
31st August 2007, 10:19 AM
this thing won't be seeing much of the driving range while I'm the owner....

might take it out this weekend for my first comp at the new home course.

Johnny Canuck
31st August 2007, 10:40 AM
there are a lot of idiots that hit range rocks with them, ball after ball.

I have seen 2 fail, it happens, but generally with only TaylorMade crap :)
hey, easy on the taylormade!! i just bought one, don't need any negative thoughts in my head.

i've had a titleist and a srixon crack on me, but they were nicely replaced, although srixon tried telling me that the new driver wasn't covered by a warranty because it was a replacement for another on that failed.

3oneday
31st August 2007, 10:49 AM
hey, easy on the taylormade!! I have 75% TM in my bag ;) it's only the speed with which they supercede stuff that irks me :)

Moe Norman
31st August 2007, 11:07 AM
I play Taylor Made Irons, but they have been superceded about 15 times since these ones were released.

They haven't improved them yet though....

Boonie
31st August 2007, 02:26 PM
Titleist demo clubs used to have no serial numbers also - you may have a demo club. The demos are often squarer or more open too.

Don't hold me to it, as this may have changed, but it definitely used to be the case. The general rule with Titleist was - it is impossible to know if a club is tour unless you 'know your source' really well.

If it was tour he would have said so before now and asked for more money IMO

3oneday
31st August 2007, 03:07 PM
Are there any fake titleist drivers anyway ? I know there are irons but I've never heard of fake drivers ?

Chris32
31st August 2007, 03:11 PM
Are there any fake titleist drivers anyway ? I know there are irons but I've never heard of fake drivers ?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TITLEIST-full-set-inc-Driver-3-5-wood-9-irons-3-pwsw_W0QQitemZ200145828004QQihZ010QQcategoryZ1519Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

These are all fakes

3oneday
31st August 2007, 03:18 PM
OK, da mn they're pretty bad fakes :p

Sorry, the woods are, not sure with the irons.

Moe Norman
31st August 2007, 03:39 PM
Titleist demo clubs used to have no serial numbers also - you may have a demo club. The demos are often squarer or more open too.

Don't hold me to it, as this may have changed, but it definitely used to be the case. The general rule with Titleist was - it is impossible to know if a club is tour unless you 'know your source' really well.

If it was tour he would have said so before now and asked for more money IMO
I'm not really concerned if its Tour, as long as its real.

I e-mailed him with the following.

"Hi mate, driver arrived today, thanks - looks great. Just a quick question, the ferrule is a bit shorter and there is no serial number on it. Any reason for this?

Cheers

Andrew"

he replied

"Hi Andrew,

It's probably a tour issue. To be quite honest I never noticed the lack of serial number. I had it custom made for me by Titleist and used it about 5 times, decided the face was too shallow and it produced too much spin and decided to sell it. I doubt there is any difference between Tour and Retail, but thats my guess.

Thanks"

I then googleed his name and he had had a few stints on the Canadian Tour and is now a Pro at Canarvon in Sydney.

So whether its Tour or not, I think its a safe bet that its legit. He's probably just selling demo stock from his pro shop.

Boonie
31st August 2007, 03:46 PM
So whether its Tour or not, I think its a safe bet that its legit. He's probably just selling demo stock from his pro shop.

That would be my guess

3oneday
31st August 2007, 04:11 PM
Trung and Pinglauncher are members at Carnarvon, maybe PM them his name and see if they can confirm.

Moe Norman
31st August 2007, 04:15 PM
excellent suggestion.

markTHEblake
31st August 2007, 04:29 PM
now Trung will walk in to the pro shop singing out, "Hey Dave, heard your selling fake clubs on ebay"

3oneday
31st August 2007, 04:38 PM
Who's Dave ?

markTHEblake
31st August 2007, 05:28 PM
You gotta be kidding - you dont know who Dave is?

3oneday
31st August 2007, 07:34 PM
I know the Dave who rolled the cart at Mac Grange that time ?

Ahhh, the memories :lol:

Grunt
31st August 2007, 07:47 PM
I know the Dave who rolled the cart at Mac Grange that time ?

Ahhh, the memories :lol:

That was brought up today by Jarro, he told me that you have told him you are driving the cart for them on Sunday.

perci
31st August 2007, 08:26 PM
Thommo if it were fake you would pick it in an instant put up against an original.
Unless you have "TWO" fakes?

Moe Norman
31st August 2007, 09:44 PM
it looks exactly the same, apart from sitting slightly more open.