PDA

View Full Version : Busted! Andrew Johns!

goughy
30th August 2007, 06:06 AM
Andrew Johns has been busted in England after being searched by police and caught with an ecstasy tablet.

Aparently he has been officially cautioned which will be kept on record in England but not charged.

He dosen't play fooz ball anymore, it's his own life. But I think this will get a bit of a hammering since he was such a personality and such a roll model for many people. It was like the first story on sunrise this morning!

Jarro
30th August 2007, 06:33 AM
Doesn't surprise me in the slightest

AndyP
30th August 2007, 06:34 AM
Has there been a legal injunction yet?

Grunt
30th August 2007, 06:38 AM
Well there has been talk for ages that he did not actually harm his neck but was busted for the 2nd time for drugs when he retired.

Julie
30th August 2007, 07:02 AM
Well there you go, I thought he was Mr Perfect.
Not a good look for such a role model for young kids.

Jarro
30th August 2007, 07:04 AM
Wonder if this means he'll lose his cushy number with the ARU ?

Jarro
30th August 2007, 08:13 AM
I love his excuse. He said that he was at a club a week ago and that some stranger put it in his jeans pocket .... he then was having such a good time partying for the next week that he forgot to take it out :roll:

I suppose that could happen ;)

3oneday
30th August 2007, 08:15 AM
Yep, and it's snowing in Cairns.

Scoot
30th August 2007, 08:24 AM
I love his excuse. He said that he was at a club a week ago and that some stranger put it in his jeans pocket .... he then was having such a good time partying for the next week that he forgot to take it out :roll:

I suppose that could happen ;)

Lucky he did'nt forget about the Ice in the other pocket

3oneday
30th August 2007, 08:25 AM
Lucky he did'nt forget about the Ice in the other pocketIt would have melted in a week ?

goughy
30th August 2007, 06:12 PM
He should have said his mother gave it to him! You gotta do what your mother says. Just ask warnie!

Grunt
30th August 2007, 06:20 PM
Lost his ARU job now too!!!

Grunt
30th August 2007, 08:50 PM
Has now admitted he has had a drug and Alcohol problem for 12 years

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...001021,00.html (http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22335374-5001021,00.html)

Rumours over retirement for the Cocaine addiction may be true, the NRL did not want a player named.

Courty
30th August 2007, 08:50 PM
I just caught the end of a news ticker (across the bottom of the screen) saying '... has admitted to suing drugs throughout his career.' Could it be one A. Johns?

wavemaker
30th August 2007, 10:38 PM
So the man is normal. Play the hallelujah chorus.

goughy
31st August 2007, 05:53 AM
I don't consider drinking and taking drugs for 10 years to be normal! Unless of course you are a sports person or celebrity for which it seems normal now days I guess.

He can come and have my last 10 years if he wants, and I'll take his! Bet I don't take the drugs :)

McCoy
31st August 2007, 06:58 AM
What a crack up. The Michelle Leslie excuse is one of the highlights of the year, can he wear a burkha for his next tv interview? On the radio yesterday morning the girl reading the news started laughing when she read out the "unknown person put pill in pocket" excuse.
Loving the "depression" as well, Johns' PR people are doing a solid job. Amazing how no sportsman takes recreational drugs because they like to party and they like drugs.

Moe Norman
31st August 2007, 07:26 AM
He's in good company, Lockyer has snorted more coke that Kate Moss.

3oneday
31st August 2007, 10:12 AM
He's in good company, Lockyer has snorted more coke that Kate Moss.yeah, funny how this stuff never comes out in the press until they get arrested for possession. Seems common knowledge.

Be a fair bit of damage control at NRL headquarters at the moment :) I wonder how many stars will put up their hands :):):)

BrisWesty
31st August 2007, 04:58 PM
Give Joey a break. He's just angling for a spot in the Tour de France.

goughy
31st August 2007, 05:44 PM
If people at his club new about it, then I say ban newcastle from the nrl for 2008. That's make other clubs pull their fingers out!

McCoy
31st August 2007, 08:29 PM
Like that'll happen. There's more chance of Cousins and Kerr staying clean and that wont happen either.

I gotta be honest, I watched the Johns Gould interview tonight and I have to apologise. Generally I think League is a bastardised version of real rugby, and to quote Roy Slaven "a stupid game played by stupid people". As for Phil Gould :roll: I'd have placed him in the Sam Newman and Warwick Capper basket. But that interview was a class act and congratulations to both Johns and Gould for it.

Moe Norman
31st August 2007, 09:43 PM
class act sitting there talking about how you've abused drugs and alcohol for 10 years?

goughy
5th November 2007, 07:40 AM
Like that'll happen. There's more chance of Cousins and Kerr staying clean and that wont happen either.

Firstly, good pick on the cousins comment!

Johns has released his book, 'the two of me'. I look forward to seeing it in the $2 bin at bookworld, or even better the shelves at crazy clarks.

Sorry, but I'm tired of the media giving him a pat on the back for his strength and character. He did it for 10 or 12 years and should have been caught and banned for 2 years. His club should be penalised as it appears this was no mystery to them and his team mates.

He may have been the best player in the world, but would he have been able to manage that with out the drugs and drink to 'help' him through the times?

3oneday
5th November 2007, 08:14 AM
He did it for 10 or 12 years and should have been caught and banned for 2 years. His club should be penalised as it appears this was no mystery to them and his team mates.didn't read the little tidbits in the paper I see Goughy ;)

goughy
5th November 2007, 08:31 AM
Don't read the paper. Only saw an interview with him about the book release, with him being told how strong he is.

Enlighten me.

3oneday
5th November 2007, 08:53 AM
He was apparently disappointed that some parts of the media portrayed him as a druggie. He had a binge drinking problem, and when pissed he might take the occasional ecstacy tablet, but drugs weren't a problem.

Depression and bi-polar were the biggest problems, with drinking a by product of that. Interestingly he claims that statisically 15% of bi polar sufferers commit suicide. Never knew that, very high if true.

Anyway, if it's fiction and not fact that's up to him. I personally think, as a league follower, that it would be an intersting read.

BrisWesty
5th November 2007, 09:12 AM
Bi-polar figures probably aren't too far wrong. Very high highs and crushingly low lows.

The medication evens out the highs and the lows, but some sufferers prefer not to take the medication in order to retain the highs but endure the lows.

goughy
5th November 2007, 08:42 PM
I'd say the bi-polar stats would be true. I have some experience with bipolar. And my seamstress' neighbour with bipolar just hung himself the other day.

Didn't know about the other comments. I just hear the basics. I do tend to get on people with troubles who have all the access in the world to any help they need, and also those around them who seem to do nothing. Other people with no help at all try their hardest to get by. And I find it a bit late to come out 'cause you were caught. Bring it to the forefront and confront it early and bring some realisation of the problems to the general public and a lot of good you can do.

It just seems a bit like I got busted so now I'll come out in the open, now I've made my money and my fotty career is over.