PDA

View Full Version : Driver Woes

Pinglauncher
29th August 2007, 08:25 PM
A few months ago I had a Hibore shafted with a Tour paltform 26.3 and it played at 44.75" I was swinging really well with it at the time, reasonable distance for me but finding lots of fairways as well.

I had an itch to try a Burner driver thinking I would pick up distance so like an idiot put the Hibore up for sale on Ebay.

It quickly sold before I could remove the ad and I regretted it immediately. Even tried to buy it back but the new owner loved it as well :smt060

The Burner was good but the face was pretty closed (visually struggle with that) and just could not cope with the 46" length. Have since tried a few drivers and every company seems to think hackers like me need longer drivers :evil: Now my swing has gone down the crapper and so has my confidence with driver.

Plan to go back to a normal length driver (Titty D2 hopefully here in a couple of days) and also cutting down a TEE to 44.5"

Is anyone else out there struggling with these overlength monsters.

3oneday
29th August 2007, 08:27 PM
Nup

BrisVegas
29th August 2007, 08:31 PM
I've noticed the D2 is a touch longer than I'd like, but I just grip down an inch or so. I think it's 45" as standard.

markTHEblake
29th August 2007, 11:19 PM
and I regretted it immediately.

This story would be perfect for one of those Warning posters. "Kids watch out, this could happen to you"

Is anyone else out there struggling with these overlength monsters

Everyone i know who uses them loves them. Otherwise I wouldnt think there is much point using an oversize head with a standard length shaft.

A pro mate of mine is advocating choking down on the grip, and right down. He is doing it himself and works well for him. I tried it for one round and flushed it every time, but when he wasnt around i went back to me old habits :-). Worth a try though.

andylo
30th August 2007, 07:39 AM
At the moment I am using a 44" driver....

I used to have 46" shaft and I choke down my grip to about 2 inches, it will work just as good as 44" and in fact you get lower torque so less twisting when miss hit.

And when you are on a hot day (which means you can keep a good tempo) you can always goes back to 46" to get that extra 5 yard off the tee.

Reason why I am using a 44" just because I am after a specific swing weight.