PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 27th August

PeteyD
29th August 2007, 10:33 AM
32 Points (13/19) at Reddy today. Lost 4 balls in hazards :smt013 . 1 birdie(Approach on 11 to 30cm, might hold for a bunch of balls!), 3 pars, 7 bogeys and 4 brain farts (including an almost airy ... ). 8/14 fairways, 3 GIR, 31 putts (1 x 3 putt). But did have fun and play some good shots, and 1 x 25' putt!

scarfie1
29th August 2007, 02:04 PM
82 at Surfers
8 Fairways
13 Green in reg
42 putts :smt013
not happy

Courty
29th August 2007, 04:44 PM
Played Paradise Palms today with Mike & Fishman Dan & Dan's buddy, Ash. I'm pretty sure my 33 pts is the best return I've had on that course. 2 wipes and 2 x 1 pts in that too. Also had 2 x birds (both on shot holes) for 2 x 4 pts. :twisted:

I'll let the other guys report their results (if they can count that high ;)).

Flowergirl
30th August 2007, 07:49 AM
Well after not playing for some time I played two lots of 9 holes this week. Stress fracture is all better:mrgreen: - but a couple of other health issues is keeping me lying low at the moment.:smt093 So 9 holes is my limit.
Monday it really showed that I hadn't played for a while but still had a 45 which is playing to my par.
Played yesterday afternoon and shot a lovely 40 ( par is 37) - 6 pars, 1 bogey and 1 silly 3 putt double. 4 up and downs - which is brillant for me.
Spring is in the air down here and the promise of things to come.

oz
30th August 2007, 06:19 PM
Played in a Greensomes Stableford Event today (Canadian Foursomes?), in the Audi Quattro Cup. Me (6) & a mate (20). It was fun, once we got our rhythm. Started with 3 doubles on the trot, but then came good. Not good enough for the choccies, though. I did manage to snare the Long Drive competition, though, and scored a new Odyssey Centre Shaft (it's a #2, I think)...... not sure what I'll do with it yet.....

Bruce
1st September 2007, 05:05 PM
Solid 37 pts in a social group around Sandringham today in perfect spring conditions. I don't know what their source of water is but the place was looking and running fantastically well. Apart from the tee boxes which were universally shite. 17 still does my head in every time.

Jaysus I play some shocking shots. 5 times today I was 120-150m out from the green looking to hit the GIR, only to chunk it disgracefully and get myself halfway there. It was pathetic.

Still a good day to be out and about.

markTHEblake
1st September 2007, 05:12 PM
Club Champ Matchplay final : I won runner-up, whoo hoo.

the result was 5/4, which i figure is not too bad considering he was 6 under, and birdied the first 4 holes :shock: - apart from that I managed to keep up for most of the round.

In reality we both played about 2 under our handicap levels for the round so the result was about right. Would have liked one more hole though, had lots of 'unlucky' putts that coulda helped a bit, but dont we all have those.

Courty
1st September 2007, 05:14 PM
[Monthly Medal] crap [/Monthly Medal]

:roll:

kpac
1st September 2007, 05:25 PM
[Monthly Medal] crap [/Monthly Medal]

:roll:

No golf this week end for me - however did have presentation dinner for monthly mug i cleaned up back in june :D was pretty cool - never been to a members presentation before....

played 9 holes friday afternoon with one par and the rest boges. It's starting to worry me just how easy i find it to make bogey even when i'm hitting the ball well :smt013 & aint it funny how you game changes over a matter of weeks, a fortnight ago if you had of given me any club under a 6iron i'd be confident of landing it on the green (and i'd be wanting it close) but driver was hot and cold. All of a suddne i'm now finding myself straight and long off the tee and spraying my apprach shots :roll: that's golf i guess, going to have afew days at the range this week see if i cant iron a few things out before nambour.

BrisVegas
1st September 2007, 07:08 PM
Played a single stab today at Brookwater today with Cameron (agave) off the golds. Was nice to play the "short" course after last two outings off the plates...

84 gross for 31 points.
12 fairways
8 GIR
37 putts !!

My putting is pretty woeful at the moment. I also wasn't chipping it close enough from close range, which meant a lot of frustrating misses from 6-10 feet, that should have been inside 3 feet. I started rolling the putts a little better on the second, when I re-focused on pace.

Anyway, that's another small improvement from my recent slump. If I improve a bit next week I could go close to my handicap again. :roll:

Moe Norman
1st September 2007, 09:43 PM
First outing at the home course today, didn't start well when I arrived on the first tee and realised I had forgotten to put my shiny new D2 in the bag!!

Then hit perhaps the longest tee shot I've ever hit down the 1st and had 9 iron in :shock: The member in my group said he;d never seen anyone that far down. I must have landed on a sprinkler head or something, because it was a slight toe hook :mrgreen:

I made the putt for eagle and was very please with my start on my new home course. I then birdied 2 and 5, made double on 8 and birdied 9 to turn -3!

Came home on the back 9 with 44, including a triple on 12 and a double on 13.

Very happy to break my handicap for the first time since April for a 77 net 70.

Didn't keep stats, but adding up in my head I think it was the following

9/14 Fairways
13/18 Greens
31 Putts
1 Eagle
3 Birdies
8 Pars
3 Bogies
2 Doubles
1 Triple

Didn't get up & down once and 2 of the double bogies were cuased by greenside bunker disasters.

Hopefully I remember the D2 next time!

dc68
2nd September 2007, 09:04 AM
Nice shootin Moe... glad you saved it a week.

mikezone13
2nd September 2007, 09:22 AM
Too many at Newcastle on Friday 104 - Nett 94... Started just as bad at Magenta Shores with 8pts for the front 9 then turned it around with 38 (21pts) off the bat on the back 9 including a triple bogey and a missed birdie from 2 feet and managed to get a win in my matchplay semi with TS.

Was really good to play with guys I hadn't played with before so thanks to nudgee, poidda, AndyP and TS and also jono for a couple of enjoyable days.

ddasey
2nd September 2007, 12:45 PM
This game is so frustrating. Played my first comp (monthly medal) since getting a handicap. Front nine I was hitting it fairly well - 44.

Thinking I may have a chance I cracking the 3 figures here. Back nine - 56. $##$$%^#^&^*&.

Oh well, till next week

Grunt
2nd September 2007, 12:54 PM
Had a great collapse today, 21 points, 6 over off the stick, on the front nine to collapse and end up with 30 points. Oh well I will get better again one day.

Scoot
2nd September 2007, 02:58 PM
Finally some confidence with the new sticks. Had a solid nett 73 (87) yesterday, which felt a lot better than was it was, and followed it up today in the scramble. Group was -1 for net -6.

Good solid shots all weekend.

Still trouble with the flat stick.

oz
2nd September 2007, 04:09 PM
Played Monthly Medal at Thurgoona yesterday, playing with the best player in the district in my group. He is a + marker... we've not played together before.

I started well, with a nice birdie on the 1st from 10 feet, and then rattled off 8 straight pars.... a couple of good up & downs, but no real luck with the putter. Made the turn in -1. My + marker companion birdied 6, 7, & 9 to finish at even.

But then I just lost my way. A soft bogey on 10 from the centre of the fairway was balanced by a good birdie on 11. From that point, though, my short game left me, and the pressure on my driver was too much, and I started missing fairways, too. A few more bogeys, and then an ugly triple on 18. I was dead off the tee, and tried the hero approach..... I made the trip around the back 9 in 44.

35+44=79 for a nett 73 (+1)

I just really lost confidence when my chipping / pitching started to wobble, and a couple of misses cost me more than they should have. Overall, it was not a satisfying round, but there were some areas to be happy with. I putted solidly all day - without much luck - and made good decisions on the front 9. As per usual (for me), though, the lack of a decent short game exposed my soft underbelly when I should have been pushing for more birdies.

jimandr
2nd September 2007, 04:36 PM
37 points at Macarthur Grange today with the OzGolfers. I probably played better than the score, so I'm quite happy. The pins were in diabolical spots and I couldn't get the chip shots close enough to hole the putts. But I kept the drives on or near the fairways, and my fairway woods were very good, so I stayed out of trouble, which is the secret to Macarthur Grange.

Fairways = 9 of 12
Greens in reg = 9 of 18
Putts = 35, 2 birdies, 1 3putt
Up and Down = 1 of 6
Sand Saves = 0 of 2.

Coffs_Hacker
2nd September 2007, 10:25 PM
Monthly medal sat 86/73
Couldn't string any pars together and a nice brain fart Quad then double wrecked the rnd + i couldn't sink a putt to save myself.
4 fir
7 gir
38putts :(
1 bird

AndyP
5th September 2007, 11:17 AM
31/08/2007, Newcastle GC, Black Markers Stroke.

Score 102 nett 91.

Too bloody hard. I thought I was hitting it alright (besides a few spastic shots), and staying out of trouble most of the time. Usually, my short game can save me, but there just didn't seem to be safe places to miss greens, and I was left with tricky shots all the time. The bunkers killed me too.
On a positive note, I birdied the ninth. Hoozah!

--------------------------------

01/09/2007, Magenta Shores, White Tees Non-comp Stableford.

Score 14-12-26pts.

Played the front 8 solidly enough with mostly pars or bogeys, despite carrying a shocking headache all round (hangover, dehydration, lack of sleep and all that). I then played terrible golf on the holes that were less forgiving, scoring a total of 4 stab points from the 9th to 15th and hit a real low point on about the 14 tee, where the energy ran out. From out of nowhere, I lifted and scored back to back 4 point birdies on 16 & 17 before wiping the last. Interesting back 9.

Chopper
5th September 2007, 02:18 PM
Played in the comp at Kogarah today. Had 28 points :( 16 on the front (1 wipe) and 12 on the back (brain explosion with 5 wipes):evil: . Had 41 in 2bbb, no chance there)

On a plus my short game was much better after yesterdays lesson and I drove the ball well off the tee and holed some decent putts. My irons are still killing me!

Courty
5th September 2007, 03:14 PM
:-#