PDA

View Full Version : Some people are just pricks!!

senecio
28th August 2007, 10:31 PM
Excuse my language in the title, but I don't know any other way of putting it.

We picked up Andrea's car from the mechanics this afternoon. Just spent over $1600 on a major service and we were at least feeling confident that we shouldn't have to spend any more money on it in the near future.

I headed straight home and Andrea stopped at the shops to grab some groceries. When she returned she was greeted with this.....

http://usera.imagecave.com/senecio/Honda/IMG_0835_1.JPG

http://usera.imagecave.com/senecio/Honda/IMG_0838_2.JPG

Now correct me if I am wrong, but that was not caused by a runaway trolley. It wasn't caused by somebody carelessly opening a car door either. Of course the guilty party never left a note or I wouldn't be posting this.

I just can't understand how anybody could do this and just drive away without accepting responsibility for their actions.

Now, where did I put that touch-up pen??

Ryan

Iain
28th August 2007, 10:42 PM
Holy Crap!! How the hell did they do that there??

Bastards....

Eag's
28th August 2007, 10:46 PM
Ryan, that sucks dog balls mate :(
Wouldn't you love to get your hands on the low life who did that :smt013

Grunt
28th August 2007, 10:50 PM
Ouch,that aint no minor tap. I watched a lady hit my Focus a few weeks ago while i was too far away to do anything about it.

senecio
28th August 2007, 11:03 PM
Holy Crap!! How the hell did they do that there??

You can't tell from those photos but it is actually on the drivers side rear quarter panel, not the boot as it may appear with the tail lights.

I can't see any paint transfer from the other car and from the height of it I think it must have been a 4x4 bull bar (maybe and alloy ute tray?). Probably applied too much steering lock when reversing out of the park next door and the front of the vehicle swung around into the rear of our car.

However it happened it wasn't just a little nudge!!

markTHEblake
28th August 2007, 11:39 PM
is anyone thinking thats a 4wd bull bar to be that high?

Jarro
29th August 2007, 06:54 AM
That sucks Ryan .. big time :(

Only positive i can see out of this is that at least the damage is confined to one panel, would've been really ugly if they kept reversing and took out the whole tailight assembly and half the boot lid :shock:

Why don't you try heading back to the shop at the same time you were there .. ask a few people if they saw anything. You might get lucky and find a shopper who's had an equally bad experience ;)

AndyP
29th August 2007, 06:58 AM
So I guess that means that you believed Andrea's story that it wasn't her fault? I blame my missus for all the dints and scratches. ;)

We were fortunate enough to have someone leave their name after putting a major gash in our car when it was one month old. A couple of bumper bashers since haven't done the same.

senecio
29th August 2007, 07:47 AM
Why don't you try heading back to the shop at the same time you were there .. ask a few people if they saw anything. You might get lucky and find a shopper who's had an equally bad experience ;)

Andrea had a good look around after she saw it, but couldn't find anyone that came forward with any information. The car park around her car was pretty empty when she returned.

So I guess that means that you believed Andrea's story that it wasn't her fault? I blame my missus for all the dints and scratches. ;)

I thought briefly about having a dig at her last night along those lines, but thankfully I thought better of it. She didn't look like she was in the mood for jokes and there is a good chance that I'd be short a testicle this morning had I made one. :shock:

Ryan

Keza_G
29th August 2007, 07:58 AM
:smt013 Logan Terds....:smt013 :smt013 :smt013

peter_rs
29th August 2007, 08:14 AM
the round tie down bar on hilux utes.

I have seen it done.

poidda
11th September 2007, 04:49 PM
I hate to do it, but I've got to bump this thread!

Just got off the phone to the Mrs, and some wanker has crashed into her scooter today while she was at work! From what I can understand it's bent all the breaks as well as smashed the front gaurd. And once again no note left.

The thing is, it was parked in the staff carpark at the PA Hospital in the area for motobikes only, so it could only have been knocked over by another bike. As a result, her bike has ended up with a whole lot of yellow paint left as evidence. So it had to be a yellow motorbike, that has left the carpark between certain times today, and being a hospital they are sure to record every vehicle entering and leaving the carpark.

My question is, will the cctv be colour?

Johnny Canuck
11th September 2007, 05:01 PM
I hate to do it, but I've got to bump this thread!

Just got off the phone to the Mrs, and some wanker has crashed into her scooter today while she was at work! From what I can understand it's bent all the breaks as well as smashed the front gaurd. And once again no note left.

The thing is, it was parked in the staff carpark at the PA Hospital in the area for motobikes only, so it could only have been knocked over by another bike. As a result, her bike has ended up with a whole lot of yellow paint left as evidence. So it had to be a yellow motorbike, that has left the carpark between certain times today, and being a hospital they are sure to record every vehicle entering and leaving the carpark.

i wouldn't be surprised if the entire parking lot has some sort of cctv, so you might not need to see any colour. best of luck

Fishman Dan
11th September 2007, 05:07 PM
These people aren't just pricks... they are quite easily pricks. In fact, they are almost beyond prick, they are full-blown ****wit.

kpac
11th September 2007, 05:27 PM
million to one i recon... BUT

yellow is pretty easy to pick in b&w mate - brightest colour possible bar white.

Eag's
11th September 2007, 05:44 PM
Well, is she turns up to work and finds a yellow bike with a few fresh dings parked near the same spot, she could leave a note informing them that she knows who they are. Or if no luck there , she could kick the shit out of it for a bit of revenge ;)

poidda
11th September 2007, 07:34 PM
Yeah, we're going to leave a note tomorrow stating.

"Can the owner of the bike who left the scene of an accident on 11/9/2007 contact security immediately. The incident was caught on cctv and the owner will be charged for any extra costs for retrieving the cctv footage.
"

So, we'll try and bluff them to come forward. Otherwise we'll try and get the footage.

Scoot
11th September 2007, 07:41 PM
[

quote=poidda;178944]Yeah, we're going to leave a note tomorrow stating.

"Can the owner of the bike who left the scene of an accident on 11/9/2007 contact security immediately. The incident was caught on cctv and the owner will be charged for any extra costs for retrieving the cctv footage.
"

'And subsequent legal costs'

Pinglauncher
11th September 2007, 07:50 PM
These people aren't just pricks... they are quite easily pricks. In fact, they are almost beyond prick, they are full-blown ****wit.

Plenty of them out there Fishy. We have 2 dents on our car.

One from a runaway shopping trolley, of course no one saw anything. The second was outside my daughters school where Sharon works. A mother ran into the rear bumper while trying to get out. Sharon saw it happen but could not get the licence number. Apparently a lot of these incidents occur at the school because we have a very large % of ummm,must be politically correct BAD DRIVERS :wink: that pick up their children.

The worst we have seen was about a month ago. One of the mothers picked up their kids and tried a 3 point turn. Woops, accidently plowed into the side of one of the teachers cars and none too gently either. She proceeded to reverse and drove off down the street. There was quite a bit of damage to the car.

The only problem was she lives in the next street and the teacher has one of the kids as a student DOH :smt023 The police were shortly in attendance.

goughy
12th September 2007, 06:02 AM
You want dumb, our car was hit a carpark once, pretty lightly on the bumper. But it caused a decent scrape. The guilty did leave a note. Rob rang her and spoke about it and she said get a quote to get it fixed. As our bumper was a bit banged up anyway, we got the quote to fixe her damage and the price to do the rest.

Rob rang her and told her the price and she went off her nut. Rob emailed pics to her and she claimed we sanded it to make it look worse and that she wasn't going to pay the $100. I rang her and told her she can pay the $100 or she can deal with our insurance company, and that I'm sure her excess and no claim bonus will cost her a lot more than $100!

The end result is our insurance told us to get the whole bumper fixed and they would deal with it. We did that, and haven't heard a word about it since, from her or our insurance. Sometimes you just can't be kind!

Keza_G
12th September 2007, 06:21 AM
Recently I had a woman plough into the side of my car, I received whiplash, a repair bill for $7700 for my car, $445 worth of medication and therapy, $200 loss of income and finally a $95 fine. Apparently when you are turning right and someone decides to overtake you on the outside and slam into you, you are in the wrong ? She told the police, I pulled out in front of her...

Pricks are everywhere, some are female... all are irresponsible cowards.

Grunt
12th September 2007, 10:03 AM
I had a slightly off topic incident from a newspaper delivery guy. One Sunday morning we were in bed and heard this loud thud. The guy delivering the paper had a bad throw and threw the paper into the side of Rachelle's car. It put a quite large dent in the Rear drivers side door. We could not get the guy at the time.
I got up and took the car down to the paper shop and the owner just said it can't be caused by a newspaper because it had scratched the paint. I went off and he threatened to call the police.
I stayed the police came and unfortunately they could not help me, but he was threatening to charge me with something so they asked me to leave. As they were walking me out they said that they knew why I was angry but without proof the guy could just deny it to the hilt.

Grunt
13th September 2007, 06:34 PM
Off Topic but in the same vein

Teen pranksters devastate seven families (http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=295597)

990B Luva
17th September 2007, 08:37 PM
Recently I had a woman plough into the side of my car, I received whiplash, a repair bill for $7700 for my car, $445 worth of medication and therapy, $200 loss of income and finally a $95 fine. Apparently when you are turning right and someone decides to overtake you on the outside and slam into you, you are in the wrong ? She told the police, I pulled out in front of her...

Ouch... im guessing your car was repaired? Lucky because with a repair bill that high, most AU1 fairmont ghia's are write off's, i have to try and get some pictures of the end result of my XR6 up, $9725 repair bill, declared a write off... now have no car again while my replacement car (1996 EF2 Fairmont) is in getting almost $4k in repairs....

Keza_G
19th September 2007, 02:07 PM

Update....

8 months after the accident.... Today I received a summons to small claims court, seems the "prick" is sueing me for $3500 damage to their vehicle, after reading thier "statement" it sounds a litte different to the real story...

Just cant believe it....:smt013 :smt013 :smt013

Scoot
19th September 2007, 06:44 PM
Update....

8 months after the accident.... Today I received a summons to small claims court, seems the "prick" is sueing me for $3500 damage to their vehicle, after reading thier "statement" it sounds a litte different to the real story...

Just cant believe it....:smt013 :smt013 :smt013

I've mentioned it on another thread, but unfortunatly now that there are lawyers involved, quite possible that neither of you will win. A similar case (two differing opinions - not quite sure of yours), that I knew about resulted in the lawyers getting a shitload, and each party paying their own costs.

I assume that your insured, so you don't have to worry, but it does'nt matter now who was right or wrong.

Pricks?, you might be about to meet a few more.

markTHEblake
19th September 2007, 11:24 PM
Update....

Do you have insurance, then that is good, because
(a) your insurance company attends court, not you.
(B) he hasnt got a lawyer or insurance

which means he is screwed.

Anyway, shouldnt this be thrown out of court? i thought small claims was only used when someone refuses to pay. If Keri has never been served with a demand of any kind for a sum of money, how can she be taken to court.

Keza_G
20th September 2007, 06:49 AM
Do you have insurance, then that is good, because
(a) your insurance company attends court, not you.
(B) he hasnt got a lawyer or insurance

which means he is screwed.

Anyway, shouldnt this be thrown out of court? i thought small claims was only used when someone refuses to pay. If Keri has never been served with a demand of any kind for a sum of money, how can she be taken to court.

A) I had no insurance - we were struggling and the accident actually was a turning point for me to change jobs.
B) She had no insurance - Immediately after the accident she asked if I had insurance, I said no and she said she had to ring her hubby in regard to theirs.
C) She has never made any effort to contact me about any repairs until yesterday (8 months later) even though she had my business card with Mobile, home phone and home address on it. The Notice has her name on it and I cant see any insurance company or Lawyer.. She included her receipts, they were paid for in March by eftpos.
D) I paid for my repairs by borrowing money from the outlaws - whom now play us like puppets..

My guess is that they paid for their own repairs and not any insurance company and the husband is shitty and wants it back..... why not sue the other driver, maybe they are in a tight spot right now. :-k

markTHEblake
20th September 2007, 08:51 AM
Sounds like you need to go to Legal Aid.

Or, is Scott in a Trade Union? most unions let you have a free consultation with their recommended lawyer on any issue. I used this in a complex traffic situation like yours and their help was invaluable. Couple of other membership organisations do the same thing, like RACQ.

Finally if you lose, make sure you state your case of hardship and that you need time to pay, something like $100 month.

Then pay the first one on time and then very irregularily after that. The recipient wont do a lot of chasing up missed payments because they will have to pay a bailiff more than $100 to serve you a notice of a missed payment.

On the other hand doing that might stuff up your ability to get a loan in the next 10 years.