PDA

View Full Version : Ikin / Bennett Bum Chums

damoocow
9th May 2004, 11:47 PM
How is it that Ben IKin - one of the worst NRL players in recent history gets a call up into the Bronco's side -oh hang on - he married the coach's daughter -now it all makes sense - anyone who watched the Brisbane Vs Canberra NRL game would have noticed how bad he was - and now there is mention of a Origin Game for him - if he gets called up into the Maroons - hurry and put your house on NSW.
damoocow

Jarro
10th May 2004, 06:49 PM
howdy Damo... glad you could make it :wink:

I too was a bit surprised when i heard that bennett wanted ikin to play against the raiders... where the hell is Motu Tony :!: :?

anyway, i didn't think Ikin played that bad against the raiders. But SOO is another story .... i think it's a really bad idea that they even consider him :evil:

Trung
10th May 2004, 07:09 PM
he married the coach's daughter -now it all makes sense

Is Bennett the coach or Michael Hagan? :?

Fishman Dan
10th May 2004, 07:13 PM
He's got enough talent to hold his place in the team, and has played plenty of games for QLD. He's a big game player.

Fishman Dan
10th May 2004, 07:19 PM
Good point - as a NSW'man i'd much prefer Ikin in the lineup than Tait..

Jarro
10th May 2004, 07:35 PM
i actually heard that Michael Ryan might end up as halfback once Barry Berrigan returns :?

he started out as a halfback :wink:

mike
10th May 2004, 11:52 PM
where the hell is Motu Tony :!: :?

I haven't seen that many broncos games this year . How has this guy been going ? I remember watching him carve the opposition up last year playing for the warriors . I hear he's playing in the Clydesdales this wekend. What the...

I'd have Brent Tate in the halves before Ikin !

I would have ANYBODY in the halves before Ikin.

Jarro
11th May 2004, 06:00 AM
mike,

MT is coming back from an injury. He hadn't played for a month.

terryand
11th May 2004, 05:50 PM
How could you guys talk about tate in the halves.hes a line breaker not a play maker, he would be wasted there.

and Ikin might not be the flashlyest player but he won't let you down,hes a good link man for the likes of Tate and remember he is only 27 .

Terry.

damoocow
11th May 2004, 07:36 PM
Ikin is next to useless - it's a good thing that Hagen is the Maroon's coach - at least with him he may be able to sway the selectors to ignore any calls for Ikin in the team - if Ikin is included in the squad I will be cheering for NSW.
damoocow

Jarro
11th May 2004, 08:31 PM
Berrigan has been named as halfback for the Broncos this friday night against the Knights.

..so i imagine if he's fit, he'll be halfback for QLD as well 8)

shame really, i think he's been playing great at centre.

Golfgirl
11th May 2004, 08:57 PM
My NSW hubby has just told me that he wants Ikin made captain of the Qld SOO team so that NSW is a shoe in to win.... :evil:

I can see that things will get heated here this year.... grrrr.... :smt013

Jarro
13th May 2004, 04:20 PM
heard today that Motu Tony got the shits with playing for the Clydesdales, he wanted to come back from injury straight into the Broncos side.
Wayne told him no way, so he said see ya.

simple. 8)

also heard today that Andrew Johns sat out the season because of a drugs charge hanging over his head .... not because he was injured :?

anyone know anything about this :?:

Fishman Dan
13th May 2004, 04:54 PM
I heard the same thing about Johnsy's season ending injury last year - i think it's wearing a little thin.

Jarro
13th May 2004, 05:24 PM
so i take it from that remark that you don't think it's true then :wink: FD

mike
14th May 2004, 12:56 PM
Regarding Motu Tony, I've found that over the years Wayne Bennett is not one to tolerate fools. Just look at who he has 'nudged ' out the door over the past 5 or so years.
Chris Walker, Ben Walker, Justin Hodges,Anthony Mundine. All very good footballers, but real idiots, too ( except Ben, he was just hopeless )
Bennett is a very astute judge of character, so it appears he has seen something in Tony he just don't like.
I've followed league since the mid 70s and I reckon Bennet would be the best coach in the game in that time, closely followed by Jack Gibson and Roy Masters.
I just wish he coached the Dragons :cry:

Courty
14th May 2004, 01:08 PM
The QLD Origin halves combination is a bit of a concern...
My pick would be Chris Flannery at 5/8 and Nathan Fien at halfback.
Ikin shouldn't enter consideration. His poor form after the knee injury was the reason he retired in the first place. Or has it 'miraculously healed'. I doubt it. :?

Jarro
14th May 2004, 04:49 PM
i think Berrigan will be halfback, he'll have that hammy back on track by Origin 1 8)

Flannery seems to be the pick of the litter for 5/8th :wink: