PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 20 August 2007

jimandr
25th August 2007, 05:02 PM
Saturday afternoon, and I get to start the thread! I know its been wet in QLD, but still. WTF!?

Not worth starting with this game really, as it was my usual rubbish. 34 points was about as good as I could've scored. Poor ball-striking again, particularly with the irons.

Fairways = 10 of 14, but a few short ugly ones in that.
Greens in reg = 4 of 18
Putts = 30, zero 3putts, 1 birdie
Up&Down = 4 of 8
Sand Saves = 1 of 5

ddasey
25th August 2007, 05:35 PM
Hmmm

Competition cancelled today (4BBB) due to the rain.

Courty
25th August 2007, 05:38 PM
Played stroke (in perfect weather :mrgreen:) today, but didn't come up with the goods on the day. :roll: Nett 77.

mikezone13
26th August 2007, 03:49 PM
Played par for all square.

Weird day where I hit the ball like a champ for 10 of the first 11 holes and then slipped a bit. Putting was not great, neither was my short game (never is).

8/14 fairways
9/18 GIR
35 putts :(
1/7 Up and Downs ... shocking
1/1 sand saves
1 penalty
1 birdie

Grunt
26th August 2007, 03:53 PM
Yet again no golf, Have not played a game since Blue Canyon Country Club in Phuket, over 2 weeks ago.

goughy
26th August 2007, 04:01 PM
So even after an overseas holiday and a week in the rain at the gold coast and you've still played more golf than me this month :)

scarfie1
26th August 2007, 05:43 PM
77 today
7/14 Fairways
11/18 GIR
36 putts :(
3 balls in the drink

Scoot
26th August 2007, 07:02 PM
2nd week with new clubs - a little bit better.

31 pts (off 14)

Never took to much notice of stats, but 10 pars, 1 birdie and 3 brain expolisions.

Still crap with the putter, but the first ones getting closer - a few lipouts.

Also lost 2 balls. I hav'nt lost a ball in ages.

3oneday
26th August 2007, 07:26 PM
Never took to much notice of stats, but 10 pars, 1 birdie and 3 brain expolisions. so by my calculations you played 7 holes 20 over ? your bad ones must have been pretty bad, still 10 pars and a bird is good going :)

Scoot
26th August 2007, 07:35 PM
so by my calculations you played 7 holes 20 over ? your bad ones must have been pretty bad, still 10 pars and a bird is good going :)

I had'nt tried to calculate it, but yep, that's right, it was bad. Actually, now that I think about it, that's real bad.

apparently par or nothing. most of the pars were well played (except one par three, lucky bounce of the side ended up 2m from pin), struggled on those other 7 though, either from crap golf, or losing my shit after some bad luck

If I can ever sort my crap out, I might be allright.

Eag's
26th August 2007, 07:41 PM
Played Single Stab at Redland Bay today.
Shot 81/39pts
Hit the ball solid most of the day and was very happy how I hit my irons :)
Knifed a few wedges but still got away with it, putting was crap leaving everything way short :oops:

12 Greens
8 Fairways
34 Putts
1 Birdie
10 Pars
6 Bogeys
1 Double

AndyP
26th August 2007, 07:54 PM
There's the good round wasted before the matchplay on Friday. ;)

Nice score.

PeteyD
26th August 2007, 07:59 PM
Played with the boys at Reddy today. 27 pts (translates to 102 on golflink :( ). Was pretty poor inside 50 metres today. Had a knifathon with the wedges and lost all confidence in them :(. Ahh well it happens. Also started leaving putts way short, watching Eags too much!

On a good note Tonk is back and came good, and I got a few irons well today. Curse you short game ...

Courty
26th August 2007, 08:02 PM
Shotgun start for an individual stableford round today. It was a weird one, I started on 13 with a wipe, then steadied a little, then another wipe on 18. We hit the front nine and I went -2 through 6 holes (5 consecutive 3 pointers) but a double on the 9th saw me finish that side 2 over off the stick. If you split the round by the card, I had 20 points on the front, and 13 on the back. :roll:

BrisVegas
26th August 2007, 08:14 PM
Monthly Medal stroke yesterday, off the plates. 87 gross, 80 nett.

8 fairways
5 GIR
34 putts

Course was pretty wet and it rained on and off during the round. Zero run on drives made the course play as long as I've ever seen it.

Played ok, but still had a few brain explosions. 3 doubles, 1 triple (lost ball), 6 bogeys and 8 pars. When I avoided trouble, everything felt easy peasy. But I seem to have a knack of making doubles from the middle of fairways.... Ahh well, I felt like I made some progress after the shocker I had last week.

The wet conditions made the bunkers a bit firmer and I really liked them that way. I got up and down 3 from 4 attempts, which is awesome for me as I'm a bit of a bunker gumby. Hit my irons shots pretty good, including a nice high 3 iron into the par 3, 7th. First time in a while I've hit that green from the plates.

chappy1970
27th August 2007, 08:15 AM
28 points, no excuses, weather was great, greens were in fantastic condition. Flat stick just failed me again...

Anyway out .1

Fishman Dan
27th August 2007, 08:46 AM
28 pts as well, but I'll list my excuses (in no particular order);

Waterlogged course, Sunday medley, in-laws in town, haven't played for several weeks, unfit, tired, long hours cleaning and moving house, in-laws in town...... I don't think I've missed anything...

Front 9 was consistent enough, although wiping the 9th ruined things (15 pts).

Back 9 started with a tap in birdie on a 155m par 3 (in a straight line it was pitch-mark, ball, cup). If it hadn't been raining all week... well, who knows.. but my run from the 8th was wipe - birdie (4 pts) - wipe - par (index 2, 3 pts), bogey (1 pt), wipe, 1 pt.

I was happy enough with the round and willing to accept by the 14th that it wasn't going to be my day - I was knackered and just happy to get off the course. Sunday's around my course aren't the quickest round you can have.

oz
27th August 2007, 09:42 AM
Played in a 2-ball Aggregate S'Ford yesterday. I didn't hit the ball terribly well, and seemed to cop a huge price for my misses. Front 9 was rubbish, for 12 points, with the back 9 being decent, with 19, for a total of 31.

The only chance of any reward for the day came on the short par 4 18th. At 290 metres, it was playing at 285m (tees forward a touch). I smacked a drive on to the front fringe, and then chipped it up to 18". They have an NTP on the 2nd shot there... and 18" will almost be close enough on a Sunday.

markTHEblake
27th August 2007, 10:18 AM
Nice shooting Eags...you are the shortest priced favourite for some time in a matchplay event.

39 points is not that impressive for a 7 handicapper playing off 12.