PDA

View Full Version : So what is a reasonable price for a re-shaft?

oz
23rd August 2007, 03:55 PM
OK. I generally don't have clubs re-shafted... I just sell them and buy something else.....

However, I love the feel of the clubhead on my new (to me) MACTEC 3 wood. The shaft is a little soft, though. Whilst I can probably live with it, I would really prefer to put a V2 in it. I love the V2 in my driver.

So, what should I expect to pay for the re-shaft, EXCLUDING the cost of the shaft?

Thanks

Oz

rick3003
23rd August 2007, 04:10 PM
OK. I generally don't have clubs re-shafted... I just sell them and buy something else.....

However, I love the feel of the clubhead on my new (to me) MACTEC 3 wood. The shaft is a little soft, though. Whilst I can probably live with it, I would really prefer to put a V2 in it. I love the V2 in my driver.

So, what should I epxect to pay for the re-shaft, EXCLUDING the cost of the shaft?

Thanks

Oz
$20 - $25 should cover it

oz
23rd August 2007, 04:29 PM
Thanks. That seems reasonable enough to me..... I will give the stock shaft a run on-course this weekend, but if it still feels a bit squidgy, I will have to re-shaft.

scarfie1
23rd August 2007, 05:36 PM
My guy charges me $32 but he spines and swingweights it and regrips it and works with me to make sure it flexs right etc. Maybe I need to find somewhere cheaper.

Jarro
23rd August 2007, 05:40 PM
Perci charges a couple of beers 8)

peter_rs
23rd August 2007, 07:28 PM
My guy charges me $32 but he spines and swingweights it and regrips it and works with me to make sure it flexs right etc. Maybe I need to find somewhere cheaper.

Thats about right... for all that.

Or if your a ho and do enough reshafts it could drop down to $20 or less ;).

perci is a good choice for some stuff too :)

markTHEblake
23rd August 2007, 07:32 PM
Craig from Golf Factory in Bundall did some reshafts for me for $10. Goes by Astroboy here, doesnt post much (once?) but if you mention Ozgolf he will look after you.

He is also good mates with Keza.

peter_rs
23rd August 2007, 07:37 PM
Craig from Golf Factory in Bundall did some reshafts for me for $10. Goes by Astroboy here, doesnt post much (once?) but if you mention Ozgolf he will look after you.

Craig is good. He was doing all my clubs for a while.

the glue he uses holds anything together. perci is 0-3 in pulling clubs craigs has built for me apart.

Keza_G
24th August 2007, 09:52 AM

Craig has been great mates with Scott and I for a few years now and he looks after us really well, I have much love for ya Perci :smt060 , but Craig is our man:mrgreen: , however the beermanship of perci is far superior !:smt023

You shouldn't really be paying more than $25 for a shaft re-fit, even then I would be thinking this is extravagant...

moree golfer
24th August 2007, 10:28 AM
Sorry if I am thread-jacking but on the same topic I would like to put a new shaft in my recently acquired 510TP. I have an NVS shaft ready to go but would like to have it spined and swingweighted correctly. The pros at my club don't have the gear as they don't get the use out of it.

I am going to be in Brisvegas on the 29-30th Sept. Is there anyone there who could help me out with spining and swingweighted club-fitting?

markTHEblake
24th August 2007, 10:39 AM
Chris McCourt at Helensvale driving range (behind Helensvale train station) on the northern end of gold coast.

oz
24th August 2007, 12:52 PM
Sorry if I am thread-jacking ...

Apology accepted. ;) :)

Don't worry about it. If everyone said sorry for threadjacks around here...... there's be no room left for other posts.

peter_rs
24th August 2007, 03:11 PM
Sorry if I am thread-jacking but on the same topic I would like to put a new shaft in my recently acquired 510TP. I have an NVS shaft ready to go but would like to have it spined and swingweighted correctly. The pros at my club don't have the gear as they don't get the use out of it.

I am going to be in Brisvegas on the 29-30th Sept. Is there anyone there who could help me out with spining and swingweighted club-fitting?

The boys at the gabba have all the toys. talk to jamie about a price but rob will do the work.