PDA

View Full Version : 2005 AFL Season

AndyP
27th September 2004, 02:59 PM
The 2005 AFL season has now started. :wink:

Trading starts next week, and then the draft follows. Always an interesting period, to see who you club culls and who they pick up. Some have already started, and there are plenty of rumours.

2005 Premiership odds: $3.65 Port; $4 Brisbane; $5 St Kilda; $10 Geelong; $13 West Coast; $17 Sydney; $21 Essendon, Melbourne, Collingwood; $35 Fremantle, Adelaide; $51 Carlton; $61 Richmond, Kangaroos; $71 Hawthorn; $101 Western Bulldogs

I don't think the Hawks will win it next year, as it is rebuilding time. In fact I would have thought the Bulldogs would have better odds. :?

Brisbane may have one more crack at it, Port may have a couple more as well. Of those odds above, I like $10 on the Cats. :cool:

Fishman Dan
27th September 2004, 03:13 PM
If a Powerpoint file i got today has any credibility, the Lions are a poison chalice:

1900: Melbourne win. 2000: Melbourne Lost.
1901: Essendon win. 2001: Essendon lost.
1902: Collingwood win. 2002: Collingwood lost.
1903: Collingwood win again. 2003: Collingwood lost again
1904: Fitzroy win. 2004: We all know that one too ;)
1905: Fitzroy win. 2005: ?????

On that form, i'd take a Grand Final appearance for Carlton in 2006/7/8 quite happily at this stage..

AndyP
27th September 2004, 03:24 PM
I did hear about the 100 year rule, before the big one on Saturday. It's a bit freaky actually.

Hawks didn't play in the finals until the 1950s. Not sure I can wait until 2050 for a grand final appearance. :shock:

markTHEblake
27th September 2004, 04:01 PM
I did hear about the 100 year rule, before the big one on Saturday. It's a bit freaky actually.

isnt it a 101 year theory?

AndyP
28th September 2004, 07:14 AM
isnt it a 101 year theory?
How so? :?

markTHEblake
28th September 2004, 08:48 AM
2005 Premiership odds: $3.65 Port; $4 Brisbane; $5 St Kilda; $10 Geelong; $13 West Coast; $17 Sydney; $21 Essendon, Melbourne, Collingwood; $35 Fremantle, Adelaide; $51 Carlton; $61 Richmond, Kangaroos; $71 Hawthorn; $101 Western Bulldogs

Not much imagination there - thats virtually how the ladder finished at the end of the season.

1904 to 2004 = 101 seasons of footy.

Jarro
28th September 2004, 09:14 AM
GAYFL .... who cares :roll:

(sorry.. i couldn't help myself) :wink:

AndyP
28th September 2004, 09:29 AM
1904 to 2004 = 101 seasons of footy.
101 seasons, but not 101 years.

AndyP
28th September 2004, 09:36 AM

That's a dobbable offence, mate.

Please control yourself. I don't post rubbish in the NRL thread.

If you are not interested, don't read it and at the least don't post. Hmmmm, think I have heard this somewhere before.

Fishman Dan
28th September 2004, 09:58 AM

That's a dobbable offence, mate.

Please control yourself. I don't post rubbish in the NRL thread.

If you are not interested, don't read it and at the least don't post. Hmmmm, think I have heard this somewhere before.

I thought posts like this might result in someone pressing the button too - which is absolute CRAP! It crossed my mind, but i'd like to know i can give it back at any time.

Why can't we sling mud at each other? Ok, Jarro could have been a little more 'thoughtful'? But he's just trying to stir things up - and why not?

Are we getting too precious?

AndyP
28th September 2004, 10:26 AM
Why can't we sling mud at each other? Ok, Jarro could have been a little more 'thoughtful'? But he's just trying to stir things up - and why not?

Are we getting too precious?
It's been done before. Why does it need to be in every thread that mentions Aussie Rules?

Discussions or debates are welcome as long as respect is shown for other members and opinions different from your own.
If you wish to report an offensive or disrespectful post, you can do so by using the report button at the top corner of that post.
The post doesn't seem to be in the spirit of the above rules.

Let's not make a big deal of this, I know what jarro was trying to do. It just wasn't necessary.

Fishman Dan
28th September 2004, 10:35 AM
Why does it need to be in every thread that mentions Aussie Rules

Simple. Because he knows it will get a reaction.

The post doesn't seem to be in the spirit of the above rules

We all seem to get a long pretty well, and most of your northern folk have met each-other personally. Surely that counts for more than black-and-white 'rules'.

Let's not make a big deal of this, I know what jarro was trying to do. It just wasn't necessary

There's an NRL thread... just make it witty, then he's got nuthin'! :?

Jarro
28th September 2004, 11:55 AM
Why does it need to be in every thread that mentions Aussie Rules

Simple. Because he knows it will get a reaction.

The post doesn't seem to be in the spirit of the above rules

We all seem to get a long pretty well, and most of your northern folk have met each-other personally. Surely that counts for more than black-and-white 'rules'.

Let's not make a big deal of this, I know what jarro was trying to do. It just wasn't necessary

There's an NRL thread... just make it witty, then he's got nuthin'! :?

OK, my work here is done :)

I promise i won't come in here and rubbish you guys any more :smt089 :smt087

3oneday
28th September 2004, 12:59 PM
ahhh, no, I won't....

Enjoy yourselves :wink:

Pete

Jarro
28th September 2004, 01:06 PM
ahhh, no, I won't....

Enjoy yourselves :wink:

Pete

wuss :P

:wink:

markTHEblake
28th September 2004, 01:12 PM
Gee you guys let Jarro suck you in, better than what hardwick did to akermanis.

If you had just let it ride, and ignored it, he would have just sulked off into a corner never to be seen and heard from again. (now that would be heaven!)

Jarro
28th September 2004, 01:17 PM
Gee you guys let Jarro suck you in, better than what hardwick did to akermanis.

If you had just let it ride, and ignored it, he would have just sulked off into a corner never to be seen and heard from again. (now that would be heaven!)

HAHA.. yeah, you wish :P :lol:

AndyP
28th September 2004, 01:23 PM
I usually do. I don't know what came over me. :roll: