PDA

View Full Version : hey I/T guys

Johnny Canuck
20th August 2007, 01:45 AM
an aus golf member was nice enough to pass some "entourage" my way. however, some of the episodes are in mp4 format. i can view them on my computer, but i would like to burn them to a dvd so that i can watch them on my tv. both my dvd players play divx, so what is the easiest way that i can do this??

cheers,
jc

goughy
20th August 2007, 06:38 AM
Silly as it sounds, did you stick them in and try them anyway? I use a free program called auto gordian knot for any of my divx/xvid converting. I think there's a site called doom9 (just google it) that has a ton of info about converting different formats to different formats etc etc. Other than that I'm probably no help to you. I'm a tradie guy really ;)

Moe Norman
20th August 2007, 07:42 AM
if you have windows vista, you can just drag and drop them into windows DVD maker and then burn the CD.

That will encode them into .vro or .vob and they will play on ANY dvd ;)

AndyP
20th August 2007, 08:02 AM
I use Super (http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html) for conversion between video formats, particularly to DivX/XviD.
It's pretty easy to use.

Fishman Dan
20th August 2007, 08:50 AM
I think you have mistaken IT guys for blatant copyright infringing anarchists ;)

markTHEblake
20th August 2007, 09:32 AM
If Goughy can do it, anybody can. Follow his advice
www.doom9.org (http://www.doom9.org)

goughy
20th August 2007, 09:44 AM
OT (although blakey brought it up) I used to play water polo years ago (with ex olympian Darren Lang) but I was shite, no joke! Anyway, our team was shite too but had a good coach. He had this new system he was trying on us that involved drawing a foul, blah blah blah and it sort of worked through each person in the team up to me (last to have a go). The end result was supposed to be an easy goal long before it got to me. Anyway, first time we tried it the person who drew the foul got into trouble and the whole team bar me went to help (which they shouldn't have) and left me alone, so I swam to the front of the goal net. The person got themselves out of trouble and threw the ball to where they were supposed to. I swam over and scored an easy goal. At the end of the quarter the coach reprimanded the rest of the team and included the comment 'if dean can do it, any of you can'! We lost about 20 to 1 that game.

Fishman Dan
20th August 2007, 10:11 AM
Were any cats drowned in the scoring of that goal?

Johnny Canuck
21st August 2007, 01:45 PM
Alright. Went back and checked my pm's and realised that season 2 are quicktime files. my computer didn't tell me this as i no longer had quicktime installed due to the crashed harddrive.
i have now installed a program called "bink converter" which is nicely converting all the files to .avi so that I can watch them at home.

Thanks to all for their help and Dan for his ever present humour.

JC