PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 13th August

PeteyD
15th August 2007, 09:58 AM
Me again. Gota love this work from hime stuff.

Chopped aroundReddy for a 93/72. Was vPar and ended with -1. 32 putts (2 3 putts :( ) 8 fairways and 1 gir. 3 pars, 6 Doubles and 9 bogeys. Nice to have nothing worse than a double for a round where I wan;t hitting it too well. The shoulder held up ok, was getting a bit sore towards the end but looks like it is going to be fine. Tees were short so I expect a low CCR.

Flowergirl
15th August 2007, 10:36 AM
Knocked off work yesterday - early for once and the sun was shining - for once and my foot was feeling good - for once - so I had a quick 9 holes. First hit for over 3 weeks. Don't know the score and don't care. Had 3 pars and couldn't hit a fairway wood until the 5th hole.
So good to be able to play again. Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Probably won't be able to be back to comp for a few months though. Still no staff that can work Wednesdays. :smt013

AndyP
15th August 2007, 08:00 PM
15/08/2007, Gailes GC, Stableford

11/15 effective tee-shots.
8/18 effective approaches.
1/6 up and down successes.
34 putts.
---------------
2 birdies.
7 pars.
8 bogeys.
1 double.

Score [B9 1st] 40-41-81 stab 20-19-39pts (Par 36-37-73 CCR 72)

I feel like I'm swinging pretty well at the moment. I'm not all over the pin, but nor should I be playing off 11. I'm hitting well enough and playing smarting enough to manage my misses.

I'm a bit disappointed with the chipping today. I really should've converted a couple more of those attempts, but I generally wasn't chipping it close enough to give the putter a good chance, and the putter wasn't really that hot today. It turned a potentially great round into a good round, but that's fine, I'll take the drop in handicap.

My previous best score at Gailes three weeks ago was 86. I've now had 82 and 81 since, so I'm wrapped to finally have some good rounds there.

Next round: Once again, nothing planned before the Sydney trip.

dc68
16th August 2007, 07:48 AM
Played a 4 ball with the old man yesterday at Pacific we had 46 points... not even good for a nut in the run down. 52 won it. I finished every hole and shot even par.. with a missed 2 footer on my 10th hole.
I hit 6 fairways
12 greens
30 putts
3 bogeys and 3 birdies
Shoulda been better.

Jarro
16th August 2007, 08:06 AM
Nice shootin Barn :)

markTHEblake
16th August 2007, 08:09 AM
It's easier when the pressure is off - isnt it Jarro

dc68
16th August 2007, 08:13 AM
It's easier when the pressure is off - isnt it Jarro

You try carrying my old man. Now thats pressure.:razz:

markTHEblake
16th August 2007, 08:16 AM
Probably easier than carrying a 140kg beer keg with a leaky tap

dc68
16th August 2007, 08:41 AM
:-s

McCoy
17th August 2007, 04:27 PM
Long time no post in this area for me but I'm optimistic that the corner has been turned. After starting badly, +6 after 4, I actually played to handicap (12) for the first time since April. All down to one thing, getting the weight onto the left foot during the downswing. The irons were dead straight all day and the only errors came with club selection and the standard poor putting.
I went on a par run from 11-17 during which the sky did not fall, nor was anyone in the immediate vicinity struck by lightning.

I used a J33R instead of the old Titleist 983. It wasn't any longer, in fact it was shorter, but it was certainly more consistent. Maybe it was the shaft, a NV65 S, would like to try same club with an X flex.

BrisVegas
18th August 2007, 03:32 PM
Not sure why I'm sharing yet another crappy round of golf with you lot, but anyway....

Black markers today, single stab. Cursed myself on the first by making a kick-in bird for 4 points. 6 wipes today.

25 points
6 fairways
3 GIR
32 putts
2/4 sand saves

Just about ready to give the game away.

oz
18th August 2007, 03:40 PM
33 points at Albury Golf Club today. And that included wipes on 3 of the 4 par 5's, including the first 2 holes (back to back par 5's) !! :o I just blew the par 5's in a big way. Absolute rubbish.

I putted well, but didn't drive the ball particularly well, nor play too many great iron shots.

jimandr
18th August 2007, 05:41 PM
My 31 points today feels a lot worse. I played well for 8 holes to be 2 under handicap, then made one par over the next 10 holes. The back nine was just awful, no fairways, 1 GIR. Drives going right, irons going left.

Back to the practice fairway if it doesn't rain tomorrow.

goughy
18th August 2007, 05:52 PM

Give it to me, give it to me!!! I'll 'ave it!! :mrgreen:

BrisWesty
18th August 2007, 07:25 PM
83 off the bat at Riverlakes for 35 points. 29 putts (incl 2 chip ins and 2 3 putts). 3 birdies, 2 doubles and a triple, just not enough pars on the rest!

Felt alright though.

More details in the matchplay thread.

Eag's
18th August 2007, 07:39 PM
Not sure why I'm sharing yet another crappy round of golf with you lot, but anyway....

Black markers today, single stab. Cursed myself on the first by making a kick-in bird for 4 points. 6 wipes today.

25 points
6 fairways
3 GIR
32 putts
2/4 sand saves

Hang in there mate it will turn around soon.

Courty
18th August 2007, 08:54 PM
4BBB stab today. My ballstriking wasn't fantastic, but I scrambled well. Some putts seem to be dropping for me for a change. As a pair, we were both on the card 9 times for a total of 41pts. Not fantastic, but it might be enough to scrape into the Summer Cup (top 16 go into a 4BBB knockout matchplay).

markTHEblake
18th August 2007, 09:33 PM
I dont normally post here, but this Has Been doesnt get to say WOOHOO! often \\:D/

won 4/3 in the Match Play championships Semi, to make my first
Final ever. (after trying for about 20 odd years).

Next up is the clubs long time best golfer, who on average would beat me by at least 9 shots a round :shock: (plays off +2), not to mention the 60m advantage he has off the tee :shock: :shock:

On the bright side :) , I have played him twice before and did ok, lasted 17 holes last time, and on todays scoring I just might have pinched it. And heck I never thought I would beat the other 3 blokes either.

Now I cant decide how to prepare, should I?
(a) practice every day, and read Rotella books at night?
or
(b)stick with the tried proven method of spending the week eating donuts and hanging around golf forums, then 15 mins before tee time, hit 3 wedges to warm up then belt 30 balls with a driver?

Eag's
18th August 2007, 09:50 PM
Well done Blakey, great effort :smt038

AndyP
18th August 2007, 10:28 PM
Nicely played, Blakey. Despite your matchplay experience I'm sure you're pretty nervous about it. Good luck!

PeteyD
19th August 2007, 10:10 AM
don't change a routine that is working

BrisWesty
19th August 2007, 11:58 AM
Go Blakey,

What PeteyD said. If it works for Daly ...

Bruce
19th August 2007, 02:56 PM
What a difference a week makes.

35 points yesterday to finish one behind the winner. I guess no one was able to put a score together. Mirboo is pretty damn wet right now. Very slushy in places and I had to dig quite a few embedded balls out.

Of course I left a few out there. Don't we all.

mikezone13
19th August 2007, 04:24 PM
Absolutely bucketed with rain today but I was sily enough to still play. 6 points after 6 holes had me wondering what I was doing before a turnaround of 11 points in the last 3 holes to give me 17pts for the front. A further 17 on the back and a nice comfortable 34 points was had.

84 gross (74 nett)
8 GIR
4 fairways :(
32 putts
3 birds
3 wipes :(

peter_rs
20th August 2007, 09:22 AM
Played foursomes champs with shazza at Middle ridge.

36 holes in the rain & driving rain. It was so cold by the end that my hands were blue.

Had 80 1/2 & 82 1/2 163 nett. beat the guys in our group, didn't stay around to find out how the feild went. could have been a lot better i missed 2 putts from inside 2 feet and shazza missed 10 it was the worst I have seen her putt. It was hard with no feeling in the hands. I did chip in on the last :)

When we got home shazza fell down the stairs... lucky not to hurt herself to bad.

Eag's
20th August 2007, 09:33 AM
When we got home shazza fell down the stairs... lucky not to hurt herself to bad.
I hope you didn't give her a push Pete ;)

peter_rs
20th August 2007, 09:37 AM
no carrying the wet clothes down stairs to do the washing like a good women.

Keza_G
20th August 2007, 09:42 AM
Played in the Surfers Paradise Trainee Pro am on Monday 13th... I love Surfers !!!! Shot 73... have been told that I cannot be handicapped on the card by Surfers because it was a pro am..... ho hum....

Moe Norman
20th August 2007, 10:11 AM
Gailes Wed 15th August

28 Stableford Points

8/15 Fairways
10/18 Greens
39 Putts
8 Pars
2 Birdies
5 Bogeys
3 Triples

Simple problem, avoid disaster holes!

Hit it ok, putted like a retard and had 3 stupid blowout holes, otherwise happy for first game in a month.

Arundel Hills Sun 19th August

32 Stableford Points - not bad from the Championship Tees in the freezing wind and rain, was ready go walk off after 9 holes, but partners wanted to continue.

Notes: I love Bent Greens and I love my new 3-Ball putter.

9/14 Fairways
10/18 Greens
35 Putts
12 Pars
4 Bogeys
2 Triples

ONE SHANK - 54* wedge from 80m out centre fairway. Shanked it out of bounds :(

As per Wednesday, need to avoid nasty triple bogeys.

I think I'm coming into some form now, and the 3 ball putter gives me incredible confidence inside 10 feet, something I've been looking for!

Look forward to a dry game in the coming weeks, hopefully matchplay vs dave.

dc68
20th August 2007, 10:22 AM
I think I'm coming into some form now, and the 3 ball putter gives me incredible confidence inside 10 feet, something I've been looking for!

Look forward to a dry game in the coming weeks, hopefully matchplay vs dave.

Shame about that..... ;)

Mate I am ok this Sunday. After that it would be the 16th Sept as I have Finn 1/2 Sep then the Nambour Open 8/9 Sep.

Dave

peter_rs
20th August 2007, 11:44 AM
Shame about that..... ;)

Mate I am ok this Sunday. After that it would be the 16th Sept as I have Finn 1/2 Sep then the Nambour Open 8/9 Sep.

Dave

IS this over yet... your two rounds behind:smt013 :mrgreen:

dc68
20th August 2007, 11:50 AM
:p

markTHEblake
20th August 2007, 06:46 PM
Nicely played, Blakey. Despite your matchplay experience I'm sure you're pretty nervous about it. Good luck!

Might sound a bit like a cliche but definitely not nervous at all, and havent been throughout the series. Honestly when I was playing Gazgolf I had the "shakes" because there is much more pressure when playing someone where you know you can win, as opposed to cannot win.

This is not being negative, the reality is that there is no pressure on an absolute underdog.

I have learned a valuable lesson in these situations - 4 times recently I have played far superior golfers (including my final opponent twice) and was leading after 9, yet still lost. I had the atttitude I couldnt win, so I just tried to do my best. Every halved hole was a victory, and there was no pressure, so I was played quite well, until......

I reached a point where I began to think "hey I might win this", then very soon followed by "hey I might lose this", and thats when the pressure is on, the nerves step in, the collar tightens and of course the classier golfer prevails.

I copped a big hiding last year, 5 up after 9, and lost 8 in a row. Learnt a valuable lesson - it aint over untill its over :lol:. Obvious yes, but sometimes you need it seriously smacked into your head.

This time around I have not been entertaining thoughts in my head about winning or losing regardless of score, and the results have been looking out for themselves.