PDA

View Full Version : Well. Not New, but second coming

leighthebee
11th August 2007, 12:45 PM
I haven't been around awhile since the Pacific Harbour game last year, I can't even remember when that was.

Words can't express how saddened I am about Leon's death. I only met him the once up at Pacific Harbour, and truly what an amazing outlook on life and humour despite what must have been a trying condition.

Since then I had a week down on the Peninsula playing the National, Moonah, Dunes etc. and developed a rather nasty pull hook that sidelined my interest 'til I got married and played Barnbougle while on honeymoon in July.

I now am back under instruction with Mark Victorsen @ Pacific who has helped instantly in swing and clubfit. I'll update the in the bag when I get a chance, just checking in here for starters.

Not sure what we've got on in Nov. but will try and get to Kooralbyn. Its always been a favourite track, and still love the place despite the condition its in. 2nd best Par 3 I've ever played.

Oh, and Pete, I've still got some balls here for you. My fault completely. I'll get them to you at some stage this year. :smt087

BrisVegas
11th August 2007, 02:29 PM
Congratulations on the wedding mate! Hope you enjoyed Barnbougle Dunes. I'm impressed you managed to get some golf in on your honeymoon.

Hope to catch up with you at the champs or at the Xmas BBQ later this year.

PeteyD
11th August 2007, 04:03 PM
Heya Leigh, good to hear from you again and congrats on the wedding. Get to the champs if you can awesome weekend ;)

leighthebee
11th August 2007, 04:59 PM
I'm impressed you managed to get some golf in on your honeymoon.

Hope to catch up with you at the champs or at the Xmas BBQ later this year.

It helps when your wife plays golf as well. She almost beat me at Barney too.

Great track, can't wait to get back there. I'm heading there in October once more.

leighthebee
11th August 2007, 05:00 PM
Heya Leigh, good to hear from you again and congrats on the wedding. Get to the champs if you can awesome weekend ;)

yeah, thats the plan. its pretty cheap there to stay atm the moment.

have we worked out a deal or running a every man for themselves

goughy
11th August 2007, 05:06 PM
If you go to the 1st tee section you will find all the info. You can add yourself to the list. Rooms are being 'held' for us but it's every man for themselves. $149 room, breakfast and unlimited golf. But check it out anyway. And bring your wife too. She's more than welcome to join in the golf. And some of us have out better halfs coming anyway, just to hang around. Mine's got a 4.5 hour session booked at the spa!!