PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Champs Waffle

Pages : [1] 2

AndyP
10th August 2007, 08:45 PM
This was requested ages ago, and not started. I'll start it to try to keep the Champs chit-chat away from the playing and accommodation lists.

There was some talk of cricket or mini-golf after the 1st round's play. How realistic is it that we will play this with an 11am tee-off? Despite being in carts, there hasn't really been a fast round at KV yet, plus the last group will be hitting off after 12 (assuming we get the sort of numbers we'd like).

terryand
10th August 2007, 08:58 PM
ice cream and syrup please :smt110

Terry.

markTHEblake
10th August 2007, 10:07 PM
What tees do we wanna play off?

I have only got a Copperhead scorecard here, and I estimate with the changes it would be a Par 72 at 6400 metres.

If it is dry its a doddle apart from the 3's (like Pac Harbour last year), but if the fairways get some green on them look out for more embarrassment.

I think the copperhead tees are out there everyday, but imho we are better off playing the blues, thats tough enough without getting suicidal

kpac
10th August 2007, 10:12 PM
blacks

AndyP
10th August 2007, 10:18 PM
Two different tees for two different days. Black then blue, or Black then white. Of course, the ladies will play off the reds both days.

I think we should keep the same Rd 1 stableford, Rd 2 stroke format too.

Jarro
11th August 2007, 12:18 AM
Oh great, a stroke round the day after a huge night on the piss :roll:

PeteyD
11th August 2007, 05:16 AM
Man up Ladybug!

Main difference between blue and black is the par 3s get a bit shorter. Which might be nice since they are 220, 158, 189, 182 off the blacks.

Blue tees were not out on Thursday, so we may have to look on the day.

Are we going to do a prize donation thread again?

BrisVegas
11th August 2007, 02:26 PM
Two different tees for two different days. Black then blue, or Black then white. Of course, the ladies will play off the reds both days.

Wouldn't the black tees be designed for low single-figure players? Didn't you argue vehemently last year that it was too harsh to make everyone play off the back tees, given that are designed for only a small portion of the field?? :?

Eag's
11th August 2007, 02:36 PM
How about we just play both days off the same tees?
I don't mind having a crack at the blacks both days but will go with whatever the general consensus is ;)

markTHEblake
11th August 2007, 03:46 PM
When someone says Black tees are they referring to the Copperhead tees?
because the longest tees at K. are not called Black.

The Copperhead tees should not even be on the discussion table.

peter_rs
11th August 2007, 03:50 PM
The Copperhead tees are the black tees.

If you are gunna play Kooralbyn, you might as well play the black tees. Because there is piss all between black and blue on most holes and white is too close and wouldn't be fair to the chicks as they are in front of them at times unless you move the chicks to the yellows.

I've played KV twice now off the black... its not that long.

Eag's
11th August 2007, 03:59 PM
When someone says Black tees are they referring to the Copperhead tees?
because the longest tees at K. are not called Black.

The Copperhead tees should not even be on the discussion table.

C'mon Blakey you big sook grow a sack :razz:

gazgolf1
11th August 2007, 04:18 PM
Wont be there this year guys and girls but best of luck to everyone who will.

Eag's
11th August 2007, 04:21 PM
Wont be there this year guys and girls but best of luck to everyone who will.

Bummer Gaz, why not mate?

gazgolf1
11th August 2007, 04:32 PM
To be honest I'd rather play the par 3 at Corinda than Kooralbyn.

AndyP
11th August 2007, 04:38 PM
Wouldn't the black tees be designed for low single-figure players? Didn't you argue vehemently last year that it was too harsh to make everyone play off the back tees, given that are designed for only a small portion of the field?? :?I wasn't speaking for myself, but the group as a whole incorporating those with low caps and/or big egos. I'll quite happily hit from another tee, but have conceded that this is not what everyone would want.

AP..question for ya...seeing you are the king of stats and spreadsheets....what you you reckon is the average handicap of ozgolfers at the champs. Within 0.1 will be accurate enough mate.No idea for the champs, but I could look at the average across those handicaps in the most improved spreadsheet......
Believe it or not, 12.2. I'd expect it to be a little higher for champs participants though.

shazza_rs
11th August 2007, 04:41 PM
To be honest I'd rather play the par 3 at Corinda than Kooralbyn.

Well you couldn't possibly crack the ton at a Par 3 course could ya???:twisted:

gazgolf1
11th August 2007, 04:43 PM
Well you couldn't possibly crack the ton at a Par 3 course could ya???:twisted:

ooooooh Nasty. ;) :)

kpac
11th August 2007, 04:53 PM
I wasn't speaking for myself, but the group as a whole incorporating those with low caps and/or big egos. I'll quite happily hit from another tee, but have conceded that this is not what everyone would want.

seperate thread AP - put it to the vote mate.. (only those playing!)

markTHEblake
11th August 2007, 05:20 PM
C'mon Blakey you big sook grow a sack :razz:

36 Holes stroke from the Copperheads, suits me and the other single figure golfers just fine.

You must have missed my first point. If Kooralbyn is dry, it is not a long course at all from the Copperheads, except for the par 3's. Like Pac Harbour last year, 50m of run makes a huge difference.

The longer a course gets, the bigger the advantage to the lower handicappers, shorter course and the higher handicappers have an advantage.

The average Ozgolfer is a B Grader. So the B grade tees is where we should play from.

From the Copperheads some of our golfers may not be able to make it over the water on the 10th (about 200 metres) or the 17th. In a stroke round they might not even finish. I dont see any reason to subject some of us to such unfairness.

For the same reason it should be Stableford both days not Stroke. When big numbers are being scored it will be a slow day, we dont want this.

Eag's
11th August 2007, 05:32 PM
For gods sake Blakey, even blind freddy could see I was taking the piss :roll:

Ducky
11th August 2007, 05:32 PM
Is Connico going to be attending? If not, who is the nominated cross dresser for this year?

markTHEblake
11th August 2007, 05:34 PM
Good. Now why did we play off the back tees at PH ?

PeteyD
11th August 2007, 05:53 PM
10th and 17th have drop zones. 10 is around the water and 17 is next to the ladies tee, as AP can testify. blue tees are a bit shorter on 10 than the copperhead tees. I have never played anything other than black tees out there, so something different might be nice ;)

peter_rs
11th August 2007, 05:53 PM
Good. Now why did we play off the back tees at PH ?

Because its the CHAMPs. people wanted the challenge. Do you play your club champs of the yellow.

I don't think course length VS hcp is valid.

on the two holes you listed playing the blue would save you 5m. white 20m.

the water is not that long on 10. The girls hit across it.

peter_rs
11th August 2007, 05:56 PM
play white if you want but I think the girls would have to move down to yellow. but then the course is to short for keza and shazza (oh and mandy and FG ;)).

Jarro
12th August 2007, 12:47 PM
Maybe Blake is right .... 2 days of stableford might be a better idea ?

peter_rs
12th August 2007, 03:59 PM
play of yellow but keep stroke .

if you what everyone to finish just have a pickup at 10 rule.

stab is to fair.

if you have to play stab both days use modified stab its a better format.

shazza_rs
12th August 2007, 04:38 PM
So AndyP... now that you have played on true 'bent' greens, how do Kooralbyn's stack up?

AndyP
12th August 2007, 04:50 PM
Middle Ridge's were definitely better. They were more receptive and less patchy. If Kooralbyn continues to improve, they'll get there though.

shazza_rs
12th August 2007, 05:21 PM
Maybe Blake is right .... 2 days of stableford might be a better idea ?

Why play stableford at all???

It is the champs.... do you have a stableford round in the middle of your club champs??? No you don't. And before every goes jumping on the bandwagon that stroke rounds favour low markers and stableford favour high handicappers, you still have to play well to score well. If you are playing crap, stroke nor stableford are going to help you out.

If you are worried about huge scores. Have a mandatory pick up at 10.

Or if stableford has to be one round then make it a modified stableford.

scarfie1
12th August 2007, 05:29 PM
I think because it's the champs we should play off the blacks, and it should be stroke. We could have a separate stableford, and maybe off the blues/whites for higher handicaps maybe? Just a thought.

AndyP
12th August 2007, 05:32 PM
Why play stableford at all??? Enjoyment. Speed of play.

scarfie, the Champ is the nett winner, so separate comps isn't an option.

markTHEblake
12th August 2007, 06:21 PM
It is the champs.... do you have a stableford round in the middle of your club champs???

that is a good point, I think your Pete said the same/similar thing.

In any club champs its off the stick not handicap and the +2 markers are not competing against the >20 marker bracket, so its really a level playing field within each grade, but we dont have that.

We also need to be mindful of our place on the golf course, to them we are just another social group. If the going gets slow because of the number of shots taken, (which is more likely on a tough course like this), resort courses tend to make people pick up and go to the next hole.

And it's not just the 'hackers' that can run up the scores, I know one 5 handicap who had 3 holes over 10 in just 9 holes at the champs at CTH, not to mention our most recent centurion as well.

Pete, the carry on 10 is 181 metres, and another 40 up the bank to reach the fairway. A tee shot that just carries the water can roll back in.

Modified stableford definitely has potential :-) I would love to try that at another Ozgolf day. We gotta make sure everyone understands it first :lol:

kpac
12th August 2007, 06:26 PM
WTF is mod stab, and someone explain to me why the biggest game of the year wouldn't be stroke.....

AndyP
12th August 2007, 06:36 PM
... someone explain to me why the biggest game of the year wouldn't be stroke.....Isn't that in the previous posts? :?

markTHEblake
12th August 2007, 06:45 PM
WTF is mod stab

A couple of tours around the world play this once a year. It encourages golfers to attack more as the reward for a birdie or eagle is more than the relative penalty for a bogey or double.

• Double Eagle: 8 points
• Eagle: 5 points
• Birdie: 2 points
• Par: 0 points
• Bogey: -1 point
• Double Bogey or Worse: -3 points

a good score for our humble little group would be anything in the 'black'

goughy
12th August 2007, 06:52 PM
I'm there for the social gathering. The golf is a bonus! Then again, looking at my scores of late I'd have to have another reason to play rather than sheer competitiveness.

Eag's
12th August 2007, 06:54 PM
A couple of tours around the world play this once a year. It encourages golfers to attack more as the reward for a birdie or eagle is more than the relative penalty for a bogey or double.

• Double Eagle: 8 points
• Eagle: 5 points
• Birdie: 2 points
• Par: 0 points
• Bogey: -1 point
• Double Bogey or Worse: -3 points

a good score for our humble little group would be anything in the 'black'

Sounds interesting but I don't think the majority will like the idea.

BrisVegas
12th August 2007, 07:15 PM
I vote for 2 x stroke rounds (off the plates). If, for no other reason than a 99/92 looks way better on the card than 16 points. :wink:

shazza_rs
12th August 2007, 07:42 PM
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/293/kooralbynvalleyscorecaren3.jpg

Just so you know what distances you are really talking about...... :twisted:

BrisVegas
12th August 2007, 07:47 PM
ooh i'm scared!

AndyP
29th August 2007, 01:51 PM
Are a conversation with Jono last night, I decided to update who has played in every OZgolf Champs (3) so far.

There are 10 of us left:
Damoocow
BrisVegas
Iain
AndyP
Jono
Jarro
Eag's
Macleod
marktheblake
andylo

Nice work by Jono to make it up every time. :smt023

kpac
29th August 2007, 01:55 PM
G69 are you going to run a book on this event mate? :)

Must be a tote board done up somewhere!!!!

markTHEblake
29th August 2007, 04:05 PM
shall we all buy a fancy bottle of wine and the last one still alive gets to drink it?

ok a stubbie then and we write on it with texta.

terryand
26th September 2007, 07:40 PM
Just putin this out there to get some feedback from the masses.

thought a slide show of the pics we take on Saturday would be a good idea at dinner. I rang KV and they wanted to charge $160ish for the privilege, but they will give us a screen for free if we supply our own projector.

Now I (or should I say Jo) have one but with the amount of gear I am already bring down its just not feasible. So is there anyone out there that has one or could maybe get one from work to make this happen, or is it too much trouble.

Terry.

markTHEblake
26th September 2007, 07:55 PM
I get involved in a corporate day about once a year and we do this pretty much before and after the golf, and we run previous years photos as well as new ones.

and that slide show is a HUGE hit with the punters. Nothing beats it for entertainment value.

terryand
26th September 2007, 08:05 PM
I could troll through the last couple of years pics and pick out a few from each year.

Terry.

Jarro
27th September 2007, 12:06 AM
Moocow's a school teacher, maybe he could wrangle one away from the classroom ?

markTHEblake
30th September 2007, 03:09 PM
I could troll through the last couple of years pics and pick out a few from each year.Terry.

A scrolling leaderboard is something that would also look pretty cool whilst we are having a drink. They have something similar at many golf clubs now. http://www.gscrim.com/534/mytourreport.htm

Is this something you could work on Peteyd ? All it really is doing is displaying a Excel spreadsheet - albeit in real time.

PeteyD
30th September 2007, 06:25 PM
Could do. I do not have access to a laptop this year unfortunately. I should be able to dig up the spreadsheet from last year to make scoring easier, and seeding for day 2. not sure a scrolling scoreboard is that great an idea ;)

Grunt
30th September 2007, 06:27 PM
I can bring you one Pete for the weekend. Does it need to have ay particulaer program?

PeteyD
30th September 2007, 08:14 PM
Excel. I run office 2003, so that or later. Would be about it. Oh and it needs to be a windows machine, no mac rubbish.

Grunt
30th September 2007, 08:39 PM
Excel. I run office 2003, so that or later. Would be about it. Oh and it needs to be a windows machine, no mac rubbish. Dont have excell on the laptop but do have Open Office, does that help?

Courty
30th September 2007, 09:15 PM
Oh and it needs to be a windows machine, no mac rubbish.

:roll:

;)

Couldn't something be rigged up in Powerpoint?

peter_rs
1st October 2007, 08:53 AM
peteyd did I will have my laptop.

BrisWesty
2nd October 2007, 12:45 PM
I think I might only be getting to one of the rounds if any. Finances have taken a hit over the last month.

PeteyD
28th October 2007, 09:13 PM
No decision was reached on the competition format.

The venue organiser has suggested Sat - Stab off white, Sun - Stab off Black. I am inclined to agree. Last year we played stab off the back at PH and it was an impossibly difficult round.

Who should have the final say on format?

Let the fights begin again!

Eag's
28th October 2007, 09:16 PM
Stab, Stab for me :)
Maybe the only fair way is to run a poll? no one person should get to decide in my opinion.

PeteyD
28th October 2007, 09:16 PM
Polls just create arguments on here :D

Eag's
28th October 2007, 09:18 PM
Polls just create arguments on here :D

True, but is there a more accurate or fair way of deciding?

terryand
28th October 2007, 09:19 PM
True, but is there a more accurate way of deciding?

Yeah, we just do what AP tells us 8-)

Terry.

Eag's
28th October 2007, 09:20 PM
Yeah, we just do what AP tells us 8-)

Terry.

Bugger that Tez :roll: :razz:

scarfie1
28th October 2007, 09:31 PM
I think there should be atleast 1 stroke round, much like club champs, give the low markers a chance. I'd prefer to play both days off the black or blue or both, none of this white tees girly rubbish. But I think a poll is the best and fairest way to decide.

PeteyD
28th October 2007, 09:34 PM
You haven't been here long enough to understand polls and the problems they create!! hehe :D And low markers have plenty of chance of winning, DC was leading after the stab round last year.

scarfie1
28th October 2007, 09:37 PM
Yeah but you have to be able to see what everybody thinks is the best format, without 10 pages of rambling and no general conclusion. Perhaps a locked thread with a poll? Is that possible.

markTHEblake
28th October 2007, 09:38 PM
there is a bigt difference on the scorecard between the whites and the blacks. but from memory when i have played there, the black tees were positioned way forward of the actual copperheads.

Stab/Stab is fine. if its stroke some people are not going to finish some holes, and i dont wanna play a 5 hour round

for the gross score it aint too hard to work out a gross stableford (if yuo want to enter a gross score)

scarfie1
28th October 2007, 09:43 PM
Stab/Stab is fine. if its stroke some people are not going to finish some holes, and i dont wanna play a 5 hour round

I don't get this, it's not that hard of a course, It's not like there's 5 inch rough and thick bush, with 15 meter wide fairways. Sure it might take most people a shot or so more to get to the green, but I'd be very surprised if it took anyone 5 hours playing stroke.

markTHEblake
28th October 2007, 09:47 PM
I don't get this,

coz yuo havent met everyone yet.

PeteyD
28th October 2007, 09:49 PM
I wouldn't. Particularly with the amount of alcohol that is likely to be consumed during the round. Stroke round could prove very difficult for some on 10, 15 and 17 if you are having a bad day of the tee (or 3 if you are having a hook fest :( )

I would like to see the course for a different tee as well, which is why the white suggestion is in there. At least we don;t have 3 x 190/200 m par 3s off the whites.

scarfie1
28th October 2007, 09:51 PM
coz yuo havent met everyone yet.

Regardless, my point is that if your taking 5 hours at Kooralbyn your probably taking near 5 hours wherever you play, and no-one regardless of skill level needs 5 hours to play golf.

PeteyD
28th October 2007, 09:53 PM
Can you start to see why polls don't work? hehe :D

scarfie1
28th October 2007, 09:53 PM
Ok I understand that under the circumstances it will take people longer (alcohol, carts, mucking around etc), but if you hit into the water, you play from the dropzone, not much extra time really.

PeteyD
28th October 2007, 09:54 PM
Only dropzone is on 17

15 is tee again, 10 is drop near the water.

scarfie1
28th October 2007, 09:55 PM
The poll results don't have to be the definative answer to our problem, but it would be interesting to see what everyone thinks.

AndyP
28th October 2007, 09:58 PM
I think there should be atleast 1 stroke round, much like club champs, give the low markers a chance. I'd prefer to play both days off the black or blue or both, none of this white tees girly rubbish. But I think a poll is the best and fairest way to decide.
Here we ****ing go. Bring on the egos wanting to show their manly stuff hitting off the copperheads.

It's all been argued before. I await the consensus.

And no, the decision is not mine. I am just one of many. Forum admin does not equal Champs organiser.

Courty
28th October 2007, 10:00 PM
I'm all for stab/ stab. Maybe top 2 seeded groups can play stroke on the Sunday? Just a thought...

scarfie1
28th October 2007, 10:05 PM
Here we ****ing go. Bring on the egos wanting to show their manly stuff hitting off the copperheads.

Hey, I'm just stating that I would prefer to play off the back tees, play the whole course and how it was intended to be played, I'm not arguing that we should/must do it. If we didn't want a challenge we could have just played at Emerald Lakes.

markTHEblake
28th October 2007, 10:06 PM
Scarfie, there are several 27 handicappers playing, if you want them to play stroke off the copperheads, will you volunteer to play with them in the last group?

No offence intended to the higher markers but there was a reason Stableford was invented this is the perfect example in favour of it.

Hey, I'm just stating that I would prefer to play off the back tees,

I am responding to you about wanting to play stroke notthe tees

goughy
28th October 2007, 10:08 PM
Hey, I don't care what it is. I just wanna play some golf and get pissed!

AndyP
28th October 2007, 10:12 PM
play the whole course and how it was intended to be played..........by the pros.

Why do we have white markers at all? For softcocks, I suppose. :roll:

My opinion is that we should have a day off the black and another off less brutal tees. I was initially of the opinion of sticking to the stab/stroke format of previous years, but the sensible option has to be stab/stab.

scarfie1
28th October 2007, 10:12 PM
The first 'rule' of golf is to get the ball into the hole. You could potentially win a stableford comp without even completing a hole or more. Golf is about strokes taken to complete 18, not how many points can you get because your handicap says you did well on that hole. Anyway, rant over, I'm fine with stab if the majority think so. And yes I'll play with anyone, regardless of handicap, and how long they may take.

kpac
28th October 2007, 10:14 PM
yeah i recon a good chance of going pear shaped if stroke on sunday. I for one - hung over off the black tees hitting my 5th to try and carry the piss on 10 and/or many others, i wouldn't enjoy it. Duck out on the thursday before if you want to play the stroke event.

Just to add a bit of fuel to the fire, what happened to a previous suggestion of modified stab?? <- is there any merit to that? (never played it myself, so just mentioning it)

goughy
28th October 2007, 10:16 PM
Now lets get back to the important stuff. Can I tee off in the first group so I can start getting pissed early. One or 2 cans and I should be anybodies!!! ;) ;)

markTHEblake
28th October 2007, 10:16 PM
some of these blokes struggle to count at the best of times. now your proposing a modified stableford when half of us wont even be able to see a scorecard let alone think straight

kpac
28th October 2007, 10:17 PM
some of these blokes struggle to count at the best of times. now your proposing a modified stableford when half of us wont even be able to see a scorecard let alone think straight

good point, just thought the arguement was always that the high cappers a favoured by the stab scorng system...

scarfie1
28th October 2007, 10:19 PM
Can someone explain what modified stab is?

PeteyD
28th October 2007, 10:33 PM
Don't bother, won't happen. Troll back to page 3 of the thread I think it is there. There is lots of support so far for the double stab option.

PeteyD
28th October 2007, 10:34 PM
Now lets get back to the important stuff. Can I tee off in the first group so I can start getting pissed early. One or 2 cans and I should be anybodies!!! ;) ;)

No. You can drink on the course. In fact the carts have eskies that are provided with ice.

scarfie1
28th October 2007, 10:40 PM
OK Whatever, white yellow black blue, stab or not, I don't care anymore, I just want to play golf.

goughy
28th October 2007, 10:50 PM
I just want to play golf.

Yeah baby Yeah!!! :smt023

goughy
28th October 2007, 10:53 PM
Speaking of drinking, what's the go with bringing our own along. I'm not talking about in restaurants etc, and obviously in our rooms is cool etc. But does the club have restriction on what can be drunk on the course.

ie: city gc only allows like 2 types of beers on the course and nothing else, and those I think are carleton mid and golds, and they are spose to be purchased at the half way house. Is there anything like that or will scotch and dry cans be permitted? I might not drive my bugger, what do ya say? ;)

scarfie1
28th October 2007, 11:02 PM
They seem pretty relaxed out there regarding booze, so I would imagine anything would be a go-er

PeteyD
29th October 2007, 06:43 AM
They don't seem to worry about it too much. You'll get abused by other members for drinking girly stuff like Scotch and Dry, but that would probably be about it.

Jarro
29th October 2007, 07:00 AM
Playing Stab will also help to speed up play somewhat .... Dick's group will take forever to find his tee-shot in the ditch on the 6th :roll:

goughy
29th October 2007, 07:14 AM
I'm in agreement with Dick here (my heart just missed a beat!!). Two stabs off two different tees, the harder on sunday. In the end this is more a social event anyway, with some donated prizes (some re-gifts ;) and I'd think after saturday and saturday night there wouldn't be too many who would care on Sunday! They'd be more worried about getting puke on their golf shoes!

Eag's
29th October 2007, 07:17 AM
Ok, going buy those who have posted Stab, Stab seems to be popular?

Scarfie1 it's not like we are playing for sheep stations mate, the idea of our Champs is to get us all together, play some golf, talk shit and have a good time. There is more to it than just competition.

BrisVegas
29th October 2007, 08:15 AM
Having just played a stroke round off the blacks at my home course with a 9 hcap (NCR - 100+) and a 14hcap (102 gross) it was 5 hours of aggravation and ball searching. Kooralbyn will be a very slow round for many, if we play stroke.

I'm happy to go with 2 x stableford rounds. I'd suggest playing the black markers on Saturday though while people are fresh (except goughy) and then play the whites Sunday.

poidda
29th October 2007, 09:32 AM
I aggee with the stab/stab off different markers. Dont care the order. And more importatntly, dont forget your stubby coolers! ;)

Eag's
29th October 2007, 09:42 AM
I aggee with the stab/stab off different markers. Dont care the order. And more importatntly, dont forget your stubby coolers! ;)

I might even try the Perci approach and have a beer per hole ;)

PeteyD
29th October 2007, 09:44 AM
Mob has spoken - Sat: Stab White, Sun- Stab: Black ;)

dc68
29th October 2007, 10:23 AM
Never mind the beer mate....... Just pick up some Jimmy. Try and get a bulk discount.

PeteyD
29th October 2007, 10:34 AM
better use the whole carton

markTHEblake
29th October 2007, 10:40 AM
Is 18yo Jim Beam Black Label any good?

it says on the bottle that its aged 8 years, so that makes it at 18yo at least I guess.

shazza_rs
29th October 2007, 10:41 AM
If you blokes play off the white tees you might as well just don your skirts and hit of the freaking red tees...... and FWIW Red tees - 5513 metres, White tees 5568.... FFS.

I vote for Stab/Stab, but the Blue/Black tees for you blokes.

markTHEblake
29th October 2007, 10:42 AM
Shazza, do they have blue tees? its not on the scorecard

markTHEblake
29th October 2007, 10:50 AM
I'll ring em. Just rang them and the girl in the pro shop said to ring back in 10 mins, when the bloke gets back in.

Shazza posted a scorecard a while back and the difference between the Black and teh Blue was 100m but IMHO they dont set up the course like that, both are likely to be more forward on a day that is not a copperhead

PeteyD
29th October 2007, 10:53 AM
Difference between the blue and the black is marginal. The course will play very differently off the white tees. Also white is par 71, red par 74, so there is difference there. You get 5 points head start on the guys! (par 72 on Sunday)

PeteyD
29th October 2007, 10:54 AM
Mark, even the copperhead was forward last time we were there. 6 and 12 were from the 2nd tee box, not off the back, and a few others were shorter as well.

BrisVegas
29th October 2007, 10:57 AM
AndyP - have you knocked up a course guide for KV yet? I can remember maybe 2 holes from 10 years ago... That crazy 200+ metre downhill par 3 and the second hole that plays left to right around a massive slope. That's the second hole right?

poidda
29th October 2007, 10:58 AM
Any chance we can request difficult pins while we're at it? :roll:

PeteyD
29th October 2007, 10:59 AM
BV - yep 2nd hole, OB on left and haz on right all the way along, nice. The downhill is 5. See my review in here somewhere, has pics and everything.

PeteyD
29th October 2007, 11:00 AM
Any chance we can request difficult pins while we're at it? :roll:

If the greens are as fast as DC and I think they might be every pin will be difficult.

markTHEblake
29th October 2007, 11:01 AM
Has anyone got a whiteboard? I think it would be good to have a leaderboard.

We could stick it up on the 18th on the last day, or even if someone was going to drive around in a cart, could stick it in the back and update as it goes around.

It also keeps sticky fingers of someones laptop as well

AndyP
29th October 2007, 11:06 AM
AndyP - have you knocked up a course guide for KV yet? I made some notes last time and have a course plan for myself. The course isn't on Google Earth unfortunately.

poidda
29th October 2007, 11:07 AM
I made some notes last time and have a course plan for myself. The course isn't on Google Earth unfortunately.

Do they sell one?

markTHEblake
29th October 2007, 11:10 AM
Just spoke to Barry in the Pro Shop. He said that the Black tees wont be out on that weekend, and the blues will probably be moderate, ie they will be forward of the Blue plates.

Seeings that the quorom appears decided on Stab, for both days I see no issues with the Blues on both days.

We can also review it on the day (or 2nd day) to see if perhaps we might concede a couple of holes to the whites. The only two that I think really matters is the 10th and 17th.

15th doesnt matter so much, in fact i think the white tee there actually takes the island out of play altogether so it ruins the hole.

IMHO the whites are really out of the question, - too short.

You know, we could probably request special tee placements anyway, couldnt we?

scarfie1
29th October 2007, 11:12 AM
I think you mean the 10th and 17th (the long par 3 over water). And the 15th is the one with the two lakes not the 14th.

PeteyD
29th October 2007, 11:12 AM
Maybe. Blue/Blue might be the go then. 15th not 14th mark ;) No guarentee the blues will be on the mound on 15 either. Don't think they are normally.

scarfie1
29th October 2007, 11:14 AM
Blue/Blue it is...lock it in eddy

markTHEblake
29th October 2007, 11:16 AM
Yeah. Now do we make Shazza hit off the blues for calling us skirts

dc68
29th October 2007, 11:18 AM
Blue/blue would be my choice of tees.... would like to see 1 stroke round but am happy to go with the flow on that point.

PeteyD
29th October 2007, 11:19 AM
Scan of the back of the card attached. At least it is a course map of sorts.

markTHEblake
29th October 2007, 12:09 PM
I can bring you one Pete for the weekend. Does it need to have ay particulaer program?

peteyd did I will have my laptop.

I have a portable printer, but I cant get it working on my Laptop.

Do either of you have a working IRDa port on your laptop. I have a portable printer that would be handy to print out leaderboard, draw etc. It is a A Canon BJC 50

keeps grubby hands and dribble off ya keyboard too.

I have software that can automatically output a leaderboard for gross and nett (sford), a random draw, but cant do putting.

poidda
29th October 2007, 12:47 PM
On a different note, what's the idea for a feed on the Saturday night? Anyone know what the BBQ situation is like out there? It could be an idea to throw in a tenner each and get some supplies. That way everyone can just relax about the resort, drink their own booze (or other peoples in dc's case), and put their feet up without worrying about getting to a pub. Until the pool comp of course.

Also, any left overs could be thrown back on the BBQ after the Sundays game.

Any takers? I'm happy to coordinate with volunteers to get this sorted.

dc68
29th October 2007, 12:51 PM
Pub down the road... $8 counter meals.

Will do me.

poidda
29th October 2007, 12:54 PM
is it a walk?

Eag's
29th October 2007, 12:57 PM
The pub sounded very convenient...well priced..and close by. The only downside is you have to pay for piss.
I think the pick of the Sat night activites could be a putt putt championship. They got 36 holes...all spouses can join in..and its a game that allows drinking.

Hey I like the sound of that Rich :)

AndyP
29th October 2007, 12:58 PM
5 mins walk from hotel poid.
The Pavilion Pub & Restaurant
The Pavilion Bar & Restaurant is the Resorts “local” and is located about 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Offering tap beers at pub prices & pub meals the Pavilion is an ideal location for that relaxed evening. Also know as the activities centre you can enjoy a game of Lawn Bowls, Mini Putt Putt or even take a bike out for a ride in the local countryside. With regular entertainment why not join the locals for a fun night out. The Pavilion is open on Thursday evening, Friday evening, Saturday all day & night and Sunday.
Average cost for a main meal $8
I bet they can't handle 45+ people lobbing up though.

Has anyone investigated karaoke? Singing Bee has got me fired up. ;)

poidda
29th October 2007, 12:59 PM
5 mins walk from hotel poid.
The Pavilion Pub & Restaurant
The Pavilion Bar & Restaurant is the Resorts “local” and is located about 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Offering tap beers at pub prices & pub meals the Pavilion is an ideal location for that relaxed evening. Also know as the activities centre you can enjoy a game of Lawn Bowls, Mini Putt Putt or even take a bike out for a ride in the local countryside. With regular entertainment why not join the locals for a fun night out. The Pavilion is open on Thursday evening, Friday evening, Saturday all day & night and Sunday.
Average cost for a main meal $8

Ahh sweet. I didn't realise that was all part of it. That's definately the go then.

Next question, is the putt putt and lawn bowls under lights?

markTHEblake
29th October 2007, 01:00 PM
I bet they can't handle 45+ people lobbing up though.

i guess we should let them know we are coming

whoever it was that said that they would co-ordinate the BBQ, thats your job :lol:
(mighht make sense to organised a menu selection well in advance)(

dc68
29th October 2007, 01:59 PM
i guess we should let them know we are coming

Yes we should.

Poll on who should do the calling?

kpac
29th October 2007, 02:03 PM
Yes we should.

Poll on who should do the calling?

speaking to jan

EDIT-
we're down for saturday night at pavillions - they can catter for 46 of us with notice so that is all sweet.

Flowergirl
29th October 2007, 02:18 PM
May I just say I am very impressed with you boys. Quick decisions being made and you're all playing so well together. Well done:smt038

And I agree - stablefod, stableford - don't care what markers cos I'll be off the reds and the pub Saturday night sounds fine.:mrgreen:

terryand
29th October 2007, 02:27 PM
Motrher has spoken, noe lock it in Eddie ;)

Terry.

Jarro
29th October 2007, 02:30 PM
Does the pub do seafood ?

kpac
29th October 2007, 02:46 PM
Does the pub do seafood ?

schnitzels to steaks was her discription.

Jarro
29th October 2007, 02:48 PM
Nice work kpac 8)

kpac
29th October 2007, 02:54 PM
Nice work kpac 8)
steaks to schnitzels isn't what you'd call a vast array, but i't hit the spot. Prices are $8 for there basic menu up to $18 for steak. <- cant go wrong there

AndyP
29th October 2007, 03:06 PM
Tell them to put Parmas on the menu, because we have Victorians coming up.

dc68
29th October 2007, 03:27 PM
Is Shavey coming?

Bruce
29th October 2007, 03:54 PM
Tell them to put Parmas on the menu, because we have Victorians coming up.

DAMN STRAIGHT!

markTHEblake
29th October 2007, 03:56 PM
Bruce - do not wear sandals and socks. Please.

PeteyD
29th October 2007, 03:58 PM
Particularly beige socks

Bruce
29th October 2007, 04:01 PM
Bruce - do not wear sandals and socks. Please.

I would have to buy some sandals first.
But I do own some beige(ish) socks.

dc68
29th October 2007, 04:15 PM
Bring em for P.

AndyP
29th October 2007, 04:41 PM
You wankers. It's the bone, the brown, the camel or the tan. No beige.

Is Shavey coming?
Negative.

dc68
29th October 2007, 04:47 PM
Negative.

All meals should arrive in a prompt fashion then.

Jarro
29th October 2007, 06:11 PM
Mod..can I please have a daily post count for champs posts please ?

No

Piss off

peter_rs
30th October 2007, 12:30 PM
Shit I'm off line for a few days and the place goes to shit. If we are playing blue & stab both days are the ladies of yellow.

AndyP
30th October 2007, 12:38 PM
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/293/kooralbynvalleyscorecaren3.jpg

Just so you know what distances you are really talking about...... :twisted:

Shit I'm off line for a few days and the place goes to shit. If we are playing blue & stab both days are the ladies of yellow.
So the men lose 100m or so in total distance, and you think the ladies should be compensated by having 700m taken off theirs?

Sure, let's do it. We'll give them a par of 76 instead of 74 while we are at it, shall we?

markTHEblake
30th October 2007, 12:50 PM
So the men lose 100m or so in total distance

more than that, as i said before, the Pro at Kooralbyn says the Blue tees will be forward of the Blue plates.

do we look at the ACR for Ladies and Mens and then adjust scores if they are different?
ie if the Mens ACR is 1 under and the Ladies ACR is Even then that means the ladies are disadvantaged by 1 stroke.

The Par difference is negligible, its the ACR that matters.

AndyP
30th October 2007, 12:52 PM
That's why I said 'or so'. I don't know how much it will be. I'm doubting that it will be 700m though.

BrisVegas
30th October 2007, 12:59 PM
the best solution is to recruit more ladies, so they can have their own champ. Gets too tricky comparing par for men and women I reckon.

markTHEblake
30th October 2007, 01:07 PM
Gets too tricky comparing par for men and women I reckon.

Thats why you dont compare Par, you compare ACR instead. whats the worst number it could be, 2?

peter_rs
30th October 2007, 01:16 PM
AP last time I played the whites were "forward" (on the reds). I hoped with stab both days we would of the blue plates even if the tees were forward. I'm sure we could ask as a group.

nice dion just tell the girls to piss off. Do you want them to be on a different forum too. ;)

BrisVegas
30th October 2007, 01:18 PM
that's an interesting misinterpretation of what I said. but I'm tired of correcting you when you're in this shit-stirring mood.

markTHEblake
30th October 2007, 01:27 PM
AP last time I played the whites were "forward" (on the reds). I hoped with stab both days we would of the blue plates even if the tees were forward. I'm

keep up!. The quorum has already decided on Blue tees both days, and there will be no Black tees on the course

peter_rs
30th October 2007, 01:33 PM
I was only joking dion (the wink must have been to small) but its not that hard to comp par it is set from the plates and it is our champs (with a social side). so forgeting the format since its a mixed comp its only fair for both sexs to use the plates

AndyP
30th October 2007, 01:35 PM
Two misreads replied to in the one post. Quality work.

Blue not white tees is what has been agreed, and BV wanted more ladies, not get rid of the ones we have.

peter_rs
30th October 2007, 01:35 PM
keep up!. The quorum has already decided on Blue tees both days, and there will be no Black tees on the course

Sorry for the misinterpretation MTB I was referring to the blue plates... not the black plates. and the plates are in the ground and don't move.

what ever over it. just stating my opinion

BrisVegas
30th October 2007, 01:38 PM
I was only joking dion ...blah blah blah

oh that's right. I forgot to ignore everything you say. Now, how do I set my controls to ignore your posts.... ;)

markTHEblake
30th October 2007, 01:39 PM
Yeah easy mistake to make i guess, confusing blue and white. Do you play Pool, you and Poidda would make great partners (to play against) :-)

terryand
30th October 2007, 01:42 PM
Hard day at work Pete? Take it out on Shazza when you get home not us :-s

Terry.

Jarro
30th October 2007, 01:46 PM
We done here yet :roll:

Stab both days .... Blue markers .... is that it ?

Eag's
30th October 2007, 01:46 PM
We done here yet :roll:

Stab both days .... Blue markers .... is that it ?

I bloody hope so.

markTHEblake
30th October 2007, 01:47 PM
I bloody hope so.
that its blue/stab or that its over :lol:

peter_rs
30th October 2007, 01:49 PM
What did I do that was so wrong?

PS it is a bit hard to take it out on shazza when I'm in perth and working 18 hour days

mens tees were locked in I was just asking about the ladies.

Its a waffle thread its never over

terryand
30th October 2007, 01:51 PM
What did I do that was so wrong?

PS it is a bit hard to take it out on shazza when I'm in perth and working 18 hour days.

When did you become a Plumber 8-)

Terry.

peter_rs
30th October 2007, 01:54 PM
worse a freight forwarder. I had to help move 15t of freight over a 1.5m broken belt yesterday.

Jarro
30th October 2007, 01:58 PM
When did Dick69 break his belt ???

poidda
30th October 2007, 01:58 PM
WTF? How did I get dragged into this?

I'll be promoting equal rights, and if anyone wants to join my Meninism protest and play off the reds, than jump on board! ;)

kpac
30th October 2007, 02:04 PM
When did Dick69 break his belt ???

oh jarro - we can usually rely on you for rubbish comments but every now and they you do actually get a decent out out. :smt038 that's a cracker!

Jarro
30th October 2007, 02:13 PM
Just trying to lighten the mood kpac ;)

markTHEblake
30th October 2007, 02:24 PM
I am a Lesbian, so that means i can tee off the Red tees.

BrisVegas
30th October 2007, 02:34 PM
I am a Lesbian, so that means i can tee off the Red tees.

well, at least we share an interest....

Flowergirl
30th October 2007, 02:52 PM
AP last time I played the whites were "forward" (on the reds). I hoped with stab both days we would of the blue plates even if the tees were forward. I'm sure we could ask as a group.

nice dion just tell the girls to piss off. Do you want them to be on a different forum too. ;)

Oi!!!!!!! Don't you go putting words in my friend Dion's mouth. You are just a trouble maker young man!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ( noone could miss those!)

BrisVegas
30th October 2007, 03:09 PM
nah nah ne nah nah. :mrgreen:

behave yourself petey boy or I'm telling your mother. ;)

Bruce
30th October 2007, 03:19 PM
well, at least we share an interest....

Sue-Anne Post does a great standup routine on this issue. Discussing why she became a lesbian she was asked was it "because you hate men?"
"How can I hate men? We have so many things in common. We both like beer and chicks!"

Courty
30th October 2007, 04:43 PM
:-#

Iain
30th October 2007, 10:19 PM
This is the waffle thread isn't it....

peter_rs
30th October 2007, 10:24 PM
Ive been to perth recently too and cranked out a couple of tough 18 hour days...we are including 6 hours of dinner and piss drinking in the 18 aren't we ?

That would be nice.... but no eating smoko and lunch on the run and to tired for dinner at night.... I'm allowed a cart on sat? Today was a nice break on 12.... just heading out to the first dinner of the week. while I'm waiting for a call from Germany then heading back to site.

markTHEblake
30th October 2007, 10:38 PM
Best post ever.

Cart: No you cant

AndyP
31st October 2007, 08:08 AM
Take your match waffle to your own thread.

poidda
31st October 2007, 08:50 AM
That would be nice.... but no eating smoko and lunch on the run and to tired for dinner at night.... I'm allowed a cart on sat? Today was a nice break on 12.... just heading out to the first dinner of the week. while I'm waiting for a call from Germany then heading back to site.

FFS. Harden the **** up!

http://www.celshader.com/violin.jpg

kpac
31st October 2007, 09:00 AM
hmmmm....ref...can i have a ruling here ?
Isn't there a famous quote somewhere from Ian Healy when Ranatunga asked for a runner ?

classic.

take a pocket full of mars bars dickie :lol: :lol:

There's a bit of feeling in this match - i'm excited

BrisVegas
31st October 2007, 09:10 AM
is this a blog?

peter_rs
31st October 2007, 09:22 AM
FFS don't metion the war. I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it !

I stay away from it because my boss says it every time he is on the phone.

Thanks poidda I always wanted a volin... its much better the 40c to call a friend :)

dc68
6th November 2007, 01:26 PM
Ok, there is not enough waffling going on.

Jarro
6th November 2007, 02:29 PM
Well there will be now you're in here :roll:

senecio
6th November 2007, 02:38 PM
So, who will be turning up to the champs with shiny new gear to try out for the first time.

:smt039:smt039 :smt039

The list might be shorter if I ask who doesn't have new gear to show off.

Jarro
6th November 2007, 02:40 PM
You have new gear Ryan ???

You better update your WITB then 'eh ;)

senecio
6th November 2007, 02:55 PM
I have a couple of these on the way (18° and 20°).

http://www.cobragolf.com/utility_metals/details.asp?id=12

I figured I needed to find something to fill the hole between 3-wood and 3-iron. I reckon I'll need it for those long par 3's at Kooralbyn. The plan is to keep the one that fits best and move the other on.

I'll have to find my WITB thread when they arrive (It'll be down the bottom of the list near Tezza's).

Ryan

terryand
6th November 2007, 03:02 PM
I have plenty of new gear to show off, oh and a driver :-s

Terry.

AndyP
6th November 2007, 03:23 PM
My Pings may be playing their first or second round. I haven't decided if I want to use them at the Champs or not. I didn't hit them too well at the range.

kpac
6th November 2007, 03:24 PM
My Pings may be playing their first or second round. I haven't decided if I want to use them at the Champs or not. I didn't hit them too well at the range.

ditto ;)

PeteyD
6th November 2007, 06:24 PM
Wimps. Use the new gear!!

goughy
6th November 2007, 06:30 PM
Just got paid for my last 3 gigs so I'm cashed up for the champs. Can even afford robs spa session! Woo Hoo!!

Eag's
6th November 2007, 06:37 PM

I hit my Pings way better than I ever hit my Nike blades :mrgreen:

AndyP
6th November 2007, 06:41 PM
I think there's some adjusting to do. Someone's theory was that because the Pings were heavier, it was messing my swing up just a fraction, and leaving the clubface open.

I wouldn't want to use them at the champs if I have no confidence in them yet. I don't know if I'll have any time for another range session.

Grunt
6th November 2007, 06:45 PM
I will have my old crap gear or is it my gear will have to bear with crap me :)

perci
6th November 2007, 06:53 PM
I hit my Pings way better than I ever hit my Nike blades :mrgreen:

I'll have $50 on Eag's!

Grunt
11th November 2007, 11:35 AM
Not long Now. Only 1 more game down here (The Coast on Tuesday) before we pack up for the trip to the Champs. Have to work out my bag setup for the week. Will be on the Gold Coast sometime Thursday afternoon.

Courty
11th November 2007, 01:06 PM
Unless I get a range session in during the week, I'll have 3 untested clubs in my bag for the Champs. :???:

BrisVegas
11th November 2007, 02:15 PM
Unless I get a range session in during the week, I'll have 3 untested clubs in my bag for the Champs. :???:

We got a late start on Friday, so you can have a decent warmup at the Brookwater range.

Grunt
11th November 2007, 02:17 PM
BV, What time should I leave Elanora to get to Brooky? My Copilot software is saying it is a 1 hour drive, but that is not counting Traffic. Also how much are the tolls? It said there were two toll roads in the trip.

BrisVegas
11th November 2007, 02:30 PM
Where's Elanora??? Robina -> Brookwater is 50 minutes. It's about 70minutes from Coolangatta airport.

The tolls are $1.10 & $1.90. Take the Centenary Motorway exit towards Springfield Lakes and follow the signs to Brookwater.

http://www.qldmotorways.com.au/pdf/Queensland_Motorways_road_and_bridge_network.pdf

Grunt
11th November 2007, 02:31 PM
Elanora is probably right between the Airport & Robina. The Pines Shopping Centre is not far from the MIL's Place.

Jarro
11th November 2007, 03:08 PM
Take plenty of pills Grant ;)

Grunt
11th November 2007, 03:17 PM
Take plenty of pills Grant ;)

Will my clubs eat that many there? I thought I could play with the same one all day;)

Jarro
11th November 2007, 03:22 PM
Will my clubs eat that many there? I thought I could play with the same one all day;)

You never know, you might just surprise yourself

Grunt
11th November 2007, 03:33 PM
Surprise myself and need more than one or surprise you guys and play the entire round with the same ball?

peter_rs
11th November 2007, 07:42 PM
At this stage I will have two bags at brooky trying to pick clubs ;).

terryand
11th November 2007, 08:48 PM
To use my favorite line out of Madagascar.

"Well this sux" :(

http://www.eldersweather.com.au/local.jsp?lt=aploc&lc=10022

Terry.

PeteyD
11th November 2007, 09:02 PM
long range forecasts are kinda iffy. Few showers is the one for brisbane.

terryand
11th November 2007, 09:04 PM
Yes I know, but I have had a knack of bringing rain to Brisbane when I have come down to play golf :?

Terry.

BrisVegas
11th November 2007, 09:15 PM
Yes I know, but I have had a knack of bringing rain to Brisbane when I have come down to play golf :?

Terry.

I'm starting to think I have the same luck with rain when I head to Sydney... :roll:

markTHEblake
11th November 2007, 09:17 PM

Terry.

I dunno what you see when you look at that link, but all the info appears to say "Nerang" or Hinze Dam weather.

I think that Warwick would be a better choice as the closest location
http://www.eldersweather.com.au/local.jsp?lt=aploc&lc=10536

weather seems ok now :-)

Courty
11th November 2007, 09:23 PM
Meh, a few scattered showers is nothing to be concerned about. Don't you own an umbrella?

Choppa
11th November 2007, 10:09 PM
I'll believe the long range forecast when they can get tomorrow's forecast right.

kpac
13th November 2007, 10:33 AM
What's the plan for getting on the turps fellas?? BYO plenty of booze? or are we drinking at the pub on the saturday night? I'll be on the beers, and i'll have an esky big enough to keep a few boxes cold. I'm thinking with the friday lads we'll pollish of a couple of quiets, then and couple of pre-game settlers on the saturday morn, then stretch out into a gallop on the saturday night.
2 boxes should be safe, and it's not far to a bottle-o if needed...?

Am i on the right track lads?

AndyP
13th November 2007, 10:34 AM
I'm not drinking to maximise my chances of winning the POTY. If the range is open, I'll be there.

Eag's
13th November 2007, 10:35 AM
What's the plan for getting on the turps fellas?? BYO plenty of booze? or are we drinking at the pub on the saturday night? I'll be on the beers, and i'll have an esky big enough to keep a few boxes cold. I'm thinking with the friday lads we'll pollish of a couple of quiets, then and couple of pre-game settlers on the saturday morn, then stretch out into a gallop on the saturday night.

I will be bringing a carton of Bundy & Cola's and when that runs out, head to the pub to top up ;)

BrisVegas
13th November 2007, 10:40 AM
I will be bringing a carton of Bundy & Cola's and when that runs out, head to the pub to top up ;)

me too.

markTHEblake
13th November 2007, 10:41 AM

how will you get to the pub?

PeteyD
13th November 2007, 10:42 AM
walk

markTHEblake
13th November 2007, 10:50 AM
walk

in the state he would be in after a carton, if he can walk at all, he will end up lost in snake gully.

kpac
13th November 2007, 11:12 AM
I think a slab for one night is overkill considering we'll be paying for it at the pub at some stage...unless of course your on the pro tour like DC or perci.

Yeah but you dont want to be caught short... plus i've got a couple of drinking games that seem to make cans dissapear...

poidda
13th November 2007, 12:51 PM
..anyone up for spotlighting and snake handling up at snake gully after a few bevvies ?...ohhhh isn't she a little beauty !

The old "wanna come snake handling" line has been used early 69er! There's no way in the world anyone will want to hold the torch while you handle your One Eyed Python! :shock:

poidda
13th November 2007, 12:52 PM

I'll be living by the rule "You're better off having a 6 pack to many than to few".

Eski will be in car.

AndyP
13th November 2007, 12:57 PM
How is this stuff staying cold all day on Saturday? Especially if we can't get early check in and it sits in the car.

Grunt
13th November 2007, 12:58 PM
How about eskies and Ice, AP? I can bring one and I am sure others will too.

poidda
13th November 2007, 01:15 PM
How is this stuff staying cold all day on Saturday? Especially if we can't get early check in and it sits in the car.

Worst Post Ever!

Eskimoes live in the cold.
Eskis keep things cold.

It aint rocket surgery! :roll:

Grunt
13th November 2007, 01:18 PM
I have a quite large fold up esky that I could bring, Just would need a car big enough to hold it. Will check the size in a second, is roughly 3 foot square cube.

poidda
13th November 2007, 01:26 PM
I have a quite large fold up esky that I could bring, Just would need a car big enough to hold it. Will check the size in a second, is roughly 3 foot square cube.

Grunt, there's no need to bring an eski all the way from Sydney. I'll have room for some southerners beers.

Grunt
13th November 2007, 01:33 PM
Grunt, there's no need to bring an eski all the way from Sydney. I'll have room for some southerners beers. Thanks Poidda.

shazza_rs
13th November 2007, 01:33 PM
I've just called Kooralbyn....

Check in is at 2pm

So people planning to check in before the game better organise alternate arrangements.

She did mention that if the cleaners had been to your level there is a chance of getting in earlier but it is likely to be only an hour or two grace.

Grunt
13th November 2007, 01:35 PM
Bugger, Rachelle is not going to be happy waiting around till 2 to check-in. Might see if we can get her a cart and she can be a cart girl for us.

Choppa
13th November 2007, 01:45 PM
I'm not drinking to maximise my chances of winning the POTY. If the range is open, I'll be there.

:smt038 :smt038 :smt038

kpac
13th November 2007, 01:47 PM
So people planning to check in before the game better organise alternate arrangements.

problem solvered ;)
nothing wrong with leaving gear in the car while we're at the golf is there??

AndyP
13th November 2007, 02:58 PM
Esky!! Why didn't I think of that? FFS. :roll:

How effective are eskies over 7 or so hours anyway?

Grunt
13th November 2007, 03:00 PM
A good esky will do it easy AP, especially how it wont be opened.

kpac
13th November 2007, 03:00 PM
Esky!! Why didn't I think of that? FFS. :roll:

get a real esky!, plus there are fridge in the rooms for o'night storage...

AndyP
13th November 2007, 03:02 PM
If you say so. I'm no expert on esky specifications.

Grunt
13th November 2007, 03:03 PM
If you say so. I'm no expert on esky specifications.
Have you led a sheltered life?
You probably don't know esky etiquette too!

poidda
13th November 2007, 03:05 PM

Mine will keep beers cold for several days. But in saying that, the ice always out last the beers! ;)

kpac
13th November 2007, 03:13 PM
Rule 1buy 2 bags of ice...break one over the piss but leave the other one unopened on top...

Rule 2
always arange piss, before adding ice, never the other way around!

AndyP
13th November 2007, 03:15 PM
Have you led a sheltered life?
You probably don't know esky etiquette too!Drinking in pubs or homes doesn't require an esky too often. And when it does it's not for the sort of time we're talking about, and possibly locked in a hot car.

kpac
13th November 2007, 03:21 PM
do you prefer putting in a thin layer of ice then upright stubbies with ice on top ?
or standing stubbies on bottom then ice on top ?

See we cover all the hard hitting topics here.

no i'm not a 'bottom ice' guy, theory is that cool air falls and that ice has a unique ability to get down there in the long run... I like to put the subs standing up acoss the bottom of the esky then layer of ice which falls between the stubs, then repeat until stubby's are all covered or esky is too full...

kpac
13th November 2007, 03:25 PM
i have known others to be 'bottom ice' stackers, but i've seen them struggle to get the stubs standing up straight which in a very bad case can lead to reduced esky copacity, the one syndrome that could ruin an event! One mate, is a 'claw packer' - ice on bottom, then upright stubs, then down turned stubs interlocking with botom layer, then ice on top. I appreciate this is a good method for maximising copacity, yet i prefer more ice around the stubs.
Horses for courses...