PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane Lions get their arse kicked.

gazgolf1
25th September 2004, 09:26 PM
Well what can I say :? ,it was pretty comprehensive was'nt it.
Time for a cleanout I think;
A.Lynch.....gone
D.White.....gone
S.Hart .....gone
C.Mc'rae.....gone

M.Pike one more year.

Here's to 2005. :?

AndyP
25th September 2004, 09:37 PM
Well what can I say :? ,it was pretty comprehensive was'nt it.
Time for a cleanout I think;
A.Lynch.....gone
D.White.....gone
S.Hart .....gone
C.Mc'rae.....gone

M.Pike one more year.

Here's to 2005. :?
I thoroughly enjoyed that Grand Final. :D
But the team leading at 3/4 time, tends to run away with it. It was closer than the scoreline.

Lynch has already retired. I knew this before the game, as I have only a couple of degrees of separation from his mum. That's probably why he went the biffo with Wakelin. No repucussions. :x

White is now a hack. Can't believe he made the grand final side.
McRae already retired.
Hart is a tagger, and nothing else.
The Lions era is ending. They may get one more year, and then they are in the sh*t. The team is ageing.
Would like to see Notting and Hadley accept contracts elsewhere.

BTW that is hardly a cleanout.

terryand
25th September 2004, 09:45 PM
They got away with playing injured players in last years GF cause they played crap opposition.

Didn't work this year against a good side.

Still a great achievement to make 4 straight GF and win 3 =D>

Terry.

AndyP
25th September 2004, 09:49 PM
They got away with playing injured players in last years GF cause they played crap opposition.

Didn't work this year against a good side.

Had to bite them on the arse sooner or later.

Lynch: zero contribution.
Brown: very little.
McRae: very little.

Great effort by Port considering they were missing Francou and Primus.

AndyP
25th September 2004, 09:51 PM
When Brisbane got there noses in front at halftime, I thought they would go on with it.
Especially when Notting kicked the first couple of goals of the third quarter. Port really looked in trouble.

gazgolf1
25th September 2004, 09:53 PM

who else would you suggest?

McMw
25th September 2004, 11:29 PM
wonder if Eddie is chuffed that Brisbane got licked???

Fishman Dan
26th September 2004, 12:28 AM
It was a crackerjack game, but it was about 5 minutes to go in the 3rd when Brisbane were done.

Predicting the first stink was easy - i said within 5 minutes in the first quarter, but good to see them get at each other before the ball was bounced. :smt023

At 1/2 time i was stoked - i chucked $5 on a Port/Bris/Bris/Bris game, and thought the Lions would show more poise after the break.

2 things to go on with - Acker is a big whingy nancy boy, other than that freakish goal from the pocket he spent the game whinging whenever he was shown any attention.

And Brown's GOT TO GO THIS TIME. Be 4 weeks, but they'll hit him harder because of the leniency a couple of weeks ago. Up to 8, likely 6.

AndyP
27th September 2004, 11:37 AM
who else would you suggest?
Depends on whether they think the can squeeze another premiership out of the current side.

To me, a cleanout is at least 8 players. Carlton got rid of 12 or more (can't remember) when Pagan came in.

AndyP
27th September 2004, 11:39 AM
And Brown's GOT TO GO THIS TIME. Be 4 weeks, but they'll hit him harder because of the leniency a couple of weeks ago. Up to 8, likely 6.
Yep, he is in a spot of trouble.
Lynch should cop several weeks for his punch up too. (regardless of his retirement). In fact, I think it was assualt, as he knew beforehand that copping weeks at the tribunal wouldn't affect him. :x

markTHEblake
27th September 2004, 01:49 PM
In fact, I think it was assualt, as he knew beforehand that copping weeks at the tribunal wouldn't affect him. :x

It was mentioned in the paper today that Lynch did say to wakelin at the start, that its his last game so not to try anything or he will 'crack him' as he had nothing to lose (suspensions)

Regardless of that, I just cant beleive Lynch would start swinging like that for absolute no reason.

Jarro
27th September 2004, 02:08 PM
Did Lynch even land any :smt062

i saw Brownie plant a nice short left jab on his opponents jaw.

Man he's a big boy :shock:

AndyP
27th September 2004, 02:39 PM
Regardless of that, I just cant beleive Lynch would start swinging like that for absolute no reason.
He obviously has something against the Wakelins, and he's too dumb to tell them apart even with the different jumpers. :mrgreen:

Did Lynch even land any?
Not with any power anyway. There was some big swings though. :shock:

Flowergirl
27th September 2004, 02:58 PM
[quote="AndyPHe obviously has something against the Wakelins, and he's too dumb to tell them apart even with the different jumpers. :mrgreen:

Andy...you break me up!!!! :smt005 :smt023

AndyP
27th September 2004, 03:53 PM
BRISBANE'S best player Mal Michael has pointed the finger at his teammates, Jason Akermanis and Jonathan Brown, for Saturday's loss, believing egos and undiscipline had "killed us".

In a damaging revelation, it was also reported that Brisbane players had prepared their Norm Smith Medal speeches before the game.
I really do love this side. :roll:

White declared he would have retired on Saturday afternoon had Brisbane won, but now wants to play on.
How selfish is this? Surely he will be shown the door.

AndyP
29th September 2004, 09:58 AM
http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2004/09/28/1096137237101.html?oneclick=true
Lynchy has been a naughty boy. [-X

Looks like Pike might retire now too, after headbutting the Lions CEO. :shock:

Fishman Dan
29th September 2004, 10:20 AM
One of the worst things is Acker dobbing Lynch's retirement to the media before the game. Someone else was going to take his post-match highlight, so he had to deal with him in his own selfish manner.

I honestly don't know how Lethal puts up with him.

Jarro
29th September 2004, 10:24 AM

because once you look past the lairy character, outrageous hair and stupid comments ..... you see him for what he really is ... an excellent player :!:

you can't tell me there would be one side in the competition that wouldn't want Akermanis on their books :roll:

Fishman Dan
29th September 2004, 10:30 AM

because once you look past the lairy character, outrageous hair and stupid comments ..... you see him for what he really is ... an excellent player :!:

you can't tell me there would be one side in the competition that wouldn't want Akermanis on their books :roll:

It's not Lethal's way - he's all for the team player. He's gotten away with so much in the past, but the more he gets away with, the more arrogant he gets.

markTHEblake
29th September 2004, 10:31 AM
That article about Mal Michaels comment's was taken way out of context. He pointed out two undisciplined incidents by Akermanis and Brown that resulted in free kicks and goals to Port at crucial stages of the game.

IMHO Aker was harshly done by the rules not 'ego', as he had the free kick and his opponent should not be allowed in his face in the first place.

Mal Michaels other reference to ego's was much more generalised.

I heard Akermanis mention about Lynche's retirement, on the Footy show. Cant remember exactly what he said but I got the impression that he was only giving his opinion, (ie Lynch had not announced it privately at that stage)

AndyP
29th September 2004, 10:42 AM
because once you look past the lairy character, outrageous hair and stupid comments ..... you see him for what he really is ... an excellent player
There is more to fitting into a team than having great skills.

Port Adelaide. I'm sure they're pretty happy with their team.

Jarro
29th September 2004, 10:46 AM

well duh.. they did just win the comp :roll:

I'm sure Aker would get a gig at Hawthorn :roll:

AndyP
29th September 2004, 11:06 AM
well duh.. they did just win the comp :roll:
You asked for one side. :smt102

I'm sure Aker would get a gig at Hawthorn :roll:
Actually I heard some dumb-ass rumour that Acnemanis was going to Hawthorn as captain, in a trade. As if. :smt078

Fishman Dan
29th September 2004, 11:07 AM
Actually I heard some dumb-ass rumour that Acnemanis was going to Hawthorn as captain, in a trade. As if. :smt078

Surely that would result in a clash of blondes...

Jarro
29th September 2004, 11:10 AM

no chance :wink: the guys not stoopid :!:

he'd like at least one more shot at another premiership before he retires :roll:

AndyP
29th September 2004, 11:16 AM
Surely that would result in a clash of blondes...
Blonde? Is that what you call bleached white hair, with a died black goatee? He's a shocker.

From one captain with a lot of exposure in the media to another. :roll: Not going to happen.

no chance the guys not stoopid

he'd like at least one more shot at another premiership before he retires
Do you know something about Pooftamanis retiring this year, that the rest of the world doesn't? ;)
Or is he going to Geelong?

gazgolf1
29th September 2004, 03:52 PM
That article about Mal Michaels comment's was taken way out of context. He pointed out two undisciplined incidents by Akermanis and Brown that resulted in free kicks and goals to Port at crucial stages of the game.

IMHO Aker was harshly done by the rules not 'ego', as he had the free kick and his opponent should not be allowed in his face in the first place.

Mal Michaels other reference to ego's was much more generalised.

I heard Akermanis mention about Lynche's retirement, on the Footy show. Cant remember exactly what he said but I got the impression that he was only giving his opinion, (ie Lynch had not announced it privately at that stage)

I agree with everything you just said Blakey. :shock:

Don't worry I'm shocked to. :wink:

gazgolf1
29th September 2004, 06:18 PM
[quote=Herald Sun]BRISBANE'S best player Mal Michael has pointed the finger at his teammates, Jason Akermanis and Jonathan Brown, for Saturday's loss, believing egos and undiscipline had "killed us".

In a damaging revelation, it was also reported that Brisbane players had prepared their Norm Smith Medal speeches before the game.

Yeah and Hawthorn are travelling along just beautifully. #-o
Let me count the ways;

1.New coach.....Alistair Clarkson.....Who?? :?
2.Bald nutbag Don Scott tries to kick out the current board of Hawthorn.
3.Assistant coach Gavin Crosisca sacked.
4.Lance Picioane and Adrian Cox sacked
5.Pretty boy Shane Crawford can't handle the pressure and steps down as captain. :smt005
6.Joel Smith on the verge of leaving.

I could go on but this article sums it up better than I can.
I love the line;

"LAST week we described Hawthorn as the AFL's village idiots. We were far too kind on the Hawks. And far too tough on village idiots. Humble apologies are on their way to villages all around the world." :smt005

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,10663588%255E12270,00.html

Jarro
29th September 2004, 11:04 PM
[quote=Herald Sun]BRISBANE'S best player Mal Michael has pointed the finger at his teammates, Jason Akermanis and Jonathan Brown, for Saturday's loss, believing egos and undiscipline had "killed us".

Let me count the ways;

5.Pretty boy Shane Crawford can't handle the pressure and steps down as captain. :smt005

I love the line;

"LAST week we described Hawthorn as the AFL's village idiots. We were far too kind on the Hawks. And far too tough on village idiots. Humble apologies are on their way to villages all around the world." :smt005

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,10663588%255E12270,00.html

OUCH :shock:

i know someone who isn't gonna be too happy when he reads this :roll:

AndyP
30th September 2004, 09:12 AM

I was merely pointing out the arrogance of a side (like 14 others) that did not win the premiership this year.

Sorry, we don't have a high profile coach like Leigh Matthews. Now which club did he play for again? :)
I'm sure the same thing was said about Grant Thomas.

The usual delistings, sackings, and trade talk that goes with getting a new coach and trade period.
It's called rebuilding. Something the Lions are going to have to do very soon.

Sean Hart expected to announce retirement.
Martin Pike expected to announce retirement, after headbutting CEO.
Gary O'Donnell defects to Essendon.

Quick let's jump off the sinking ship. The fairweather fans will be next.

It's not like I don't know the club has been in the sh*t. In fact, I can add a couple more for you'd if you like.
7. Hawks miss out on Terry Wallace and Rodney Eade as potential coach, after p*ss-farting around.
8. Mark Harvey snobs Hawks coaching job. Hawks state that they couldn't contact him to organise an interview, because he didn't have voicemail, and it would be rude to ring him at home.
9. Hawks player Danny Jacobs gets done for drink-driving, after initially telling the club that he was only sitting in the driver's seat listening to the radio. It was revealed later that another player, Lance Picioane had asked Jacobs to drive, because he was "unwell" after a function.
10. Hawks sacked Peter Schwab twice, first time they decided to let him see the year out, then after a disastrous week they got rid of him for good.
11. Several Hawks suspended for multiple weeks after punchup with Essendon
12. Hawks vice captain reveals that he has been diagnosed with clinical depression
Yep, super year. I must have temporarily forgotten. :roll:

I love the line;

I don't even need to look at the link to know that this is a Patrick Smith article. If you read any of his other articles, you would know that this guy is an absolute tosspot, who writes crap in a non-footy paper. He is well respected in football circles. :roll:
By the way, that article was 4 weeks ago. Current news?

Have you ever heard of two hugely successful teams called Fitzroy and the Bears, or do Brisbane Lions fans only remember 2001-2003? :?

Thanks for finally retorting to my Lions bashing, Gaz. I have enjoyed replying. :wink:

terryand
30th September 2004, 09:22 AM
I watched the AFL GF footy show for the first time this year.

It seems to me that Crawford is more interested in being a two bit actor than a footballer.

Did he carry on like that all thru the year on the show.....Very strange :smt102

Terry.

AndyP
30th September 2004, 09:35 AM
I haven't watched the Footy Show for a long time. I think it is stupid.

It seems to me that Crawford is more interested in being a two bit actor than a footballer.
That's a bit harsh. I don't believe it has affected his performances on the field. His leadership on the other hand. :?
However, he certainly has interests in being an actor after his footy has finished.

Did he carry on like that all thru the year on the show.....Very strange :smt102

If you are talking about the Hank Bulger stuff, then yes, it is into it's second year I think.

gazgolf1
30th September 2004, 01:25 PM
Thanks for finally retorting to my Lions bashing, Gaz. I have enjoyed replying. :wink:

And a pretty comprehensive reply at that. :wink:

I'll be staying with the arrogant ones next year and I'm pretty sure we will still be up the opposite end of the ladder to Hawthorn yet again. 8)

AndyP
30th September 2004, 02:22 PM
I'll be staying with the arrogant ones next year and I'm pretty sure we will still be up the opposite end of the ladder to Hawthorn yet again. 8)
Thanks for the encouragement, but I think it will be too early in their rebuilding, for the Hawks to get up the top. :wink:

R4, 16/04/05, Hawks v Lions, MCG
R19, 07/08/05, Lions v Hawks, Gabba
:twisted:

I'll be at the second one, and there's a possibility I will be at the first.
I've watched every Hawks game at the Gabba, and they have been up here every year since 1993 (seems like an inequity in the draw to me).
Brisbane lead the head-to-head at the Gabba, 8-4. :(
Although I did see Brisbane get done at Waverley in 98. :)

gazgolf1
30th September 2004, 02:44 PM
R4, 16/04/05, Hawks v Lions, MCG
R19, 07/08/05, Lions v Hawks, Gabba
:twisted:

I'll be at the second one, and there's a possibility I will be at the first.

Meet you at the German club. :smt030

markTHEblake
30th September 2004, 05:19 PM
I haven't watched the Footy Show for a long time. I think it is stupid..

You havent seen the Rugby League footy show then.

The AFL footy show is a class act, the final show even better, and you can breathe a sigh of relief that Hank Bulger is no more - he is dead.

Ducky
30th September 2004, 07:18 PM
I generally like the Rugby League Footy Show. Sterlo trying to be funny gets old quickly, but they usually have a few segments which are good for a laugh, so I don't mind watching it if I have nothing better to do.

:)

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Jarro
30th September 2004, 07:22 PM
the Rugby League footy show is a bloody joke :evil:

... should be renamed "The Paul Vautin variety hour" :roll:

Ducky
30th September 2004, 08:12 PM
Whatever works...

:D

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Ducky
30th September 2004, 10:50 PM
I don't know how you could say the Rugby League Footy Show sucks after tonights effort. That dude singing the 'Everywhere Man' in 'No Talent Time' followed by two of the best falcons I have seen in 'League Of Their Own' was great. Still laughing at the falcons...

:lol:

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

markTHEblake
30th September 2004, 11:18 PM
There is definitely a cultural difference between the two shows mostly reflected in the hosts, Vautin and Sterling are just players who picked up the mike, whereas McGuire is a TV professional of highest calibre. With Newman and Marmalade standing behind him its little wonder why they won the most logies.

Ducky
30th September 2004, 11:24 PM
whereas McGuire is a TV professional of highest calibre...LOL

I've seen 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire', you're fooling no-one!

:smt101

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Fishman Dan
30th September 2004, 11:24 PM
... whereas McGuire is a TV professional of highest calibre...

I thought you were on drugs, but i now realise you are just a Collingwood supporter.

Eddie is fat tool who ate too many pies. Yes, he has more TV nous than Fatty or Sterlo, but other than that, we're sick of seeing his fat mug. I rate Sterlo as a player, commentator and TV show host - but it's Fatty's show, he appeals more to the NRL-type (yes Jarro, that's you ;) ).

The AFL Footy Show wins on format, hands down. The NRL Footy Show is more about boofheads gettings their heads on TV, and less about the footy.

terryand
1st October 2004, 07:55 AM
On the AFL GF show, =D> the years highlights of Marmalade where hilarious =D>

Particularly the bit where he said "John Howard said we have to look for somewhere quite to put Saddam. I believe they're looking at putting him in the Hawthorn forward line" :smt082 :smt043 :smt042

Terry.

AndyP
1st October 2004, 08:23 AM
I stopped watching the AFL Footy Show because
It wasn't worth taping, considering the late hour it is on,
Eddie wouldn't stop crapping on about Collingwood,
Wasn't finding Marmalade funny anymore (a highlights package is probably the best way to watch him),
and Sam was just plain annoying.

As for the NRL Footy Show, apart from my obvious dislike of the sport, it is Boofhead TV and I don't go near it.

3oneday
1st October 2004, 08:47 AM
As for the NRL Footy Show, apart from my obvious dislike of the sport, it is Boofhead TV and I don't go near it.

I must say I actually tend to agree with Andippy :oops: , generally the NRL Footy Show is a crock, the only part I take an interest in is the Daredevil Dudes because some of that stuff was classic, ie the Vomitron on the Gold Coast ?? was classic TV. I agree also that the show is about Fatty, but I have a certain amount of respect for the man because he plays off 4 at Monash !!! If he didn't, there would be nothing :wink:.

As a true NRL man, I prefer watching Fox on Mondays and Wednesday nights, they actually talk about league and the games and they are usually funny as well.

Pete

Fishman Dan
5th October 2004, 08:41 AM
So JB copped 5 weeks and a $3k fine. Fair? I think the consensus was 6 weeks, but i think that's still pretty lenient.

5 tribunal appearances in a year, for a total of 13 games (with 1 dodgy exoneration).

AndyP
5th October 2004, 09:30 AM
I think Brown is a favourite at the tribunal. :wink:

5 is fair, after all, Lynch got 10 and he went bonkers.