PDA

View Full Version : G2 Driver

McMw
25th September 2004, 12:38 PM
Saw the driver this morning...WOW...

loved the look of it at address...

there was also a R580XD there, and I can't believe how CLOSED the XD sat, and how "square" the G2 10.5 degree sat....I'm sold!!!

As soon as I can get hold of one with a decent shaft for a decent price (and as long as I sell 3 of the XDs), the G2 will/should/better be in the bag b4 the end of the year!!!

Nice Work Jaster... :smt023

Jarro
25th September 2004, 01:50 PM
you don't think the 460cc size is a little too big :?:

McMw
25th September 2004, 01:58 PM
not at all....

the color scheme makes it look ok (to me)...

I had no problem getting the middle of the clubface with the 580XD, so that really doesn't bother me...

only problem I may have with the biggish head is the tendency to really WHACK it....as it akin to most huge drivers...

jaster
25th September 2004, 06:15 PM
I'm not surprised you like the look of it mau, once you hit it you will be sold even further...trust me 8)

gazgolf1
25th September 2004, 08:58 PM
$699 at Golfworks???? :?

BrisVegas
25th September 2004, 09:01 PM
I thought Jaster said they were $499.... I'm going in to Golfworks at the Gabba tomorrow morning. Need to get a new putter.... :cry:

Anyone looking for a game tomorrow arvo?? I was thinking about Gailes... (Sorry for the threadjack Mau, but no-one joined me in the chatroom)

jaster
25th September 2004, 10:10 PM
They've been put up to $539.....you might be able to get it for $499 if you drop my name and they are feeling generous, speak with Adam or Jamie 8)

http://www.golfworks.com.au/index.php?page=shop/flypage&product_id=3741&category_id=cab9cfe18b150c19c48f27c13fa886fd

McMw
25th September 2004, 10:24 PM
prob get it cheaper on ebay... :lol:

jaster
25th September 2004, 11:26 PM
I didn't want to get this one off eBay, it was too new and would have taken me awhile to get the right combo in lefty, I also didn't want to muck around with UPS/Customs seen as though USPS isn't sending anything over 42" anymore :( From what I have seen they are selling for serious $$ on ebay at the moment anyway.

FYI this is the first club I have bought brandnew in Australia in over 3 years :lol:

BrisVegas
26th September 2004, 06:21 PM
Saw one of these things today at Nevada Bob's.... Dang, they're huge!! And you reckon I got a hot driver??!! :wink:

I was at Golfworks too, but forgot to check the price there.... It was $599 at Nevada Bobs.

jaster
26th September 2004, 06:28 PM
Saw one of these things today at Nevada Bob's.... Dang, they're huge!! And you reckon I got a hot driver??!! :wink:

PING have confirmed to me via Email that they are not HiCOR :P Stop spreading rumours :lol: :roll:

BrisVegas
26th September 2004, 06:55 PM
As long as you can handle looking at a driver that big, I guess bigger is better in terms of forgiveness, ie. more fairways hit. 8)

I had a quick waggle with some Ping irons today. Nah.... not for me! Not that I'm anti-shovel..... I did buy a set of TommyArmour 855s a few years back..... It's just that I have gotten used to thin top lines and no offset.

I asked about the new Cleveland CG1 irons whilst I was Golfworks, but apparently their release has been delayed due to problems with the CMM material. The've had trouble bending them to adjust lie angles. CMM is too brittle, like a cast iron.

jaster
26th September 2004, 07:36 PM
As long as you can handle looking at a driver that big, I guess bigger is better in terms of forgiveness, ie. more fairways hit. 8)

Sure can 8) Haven't even given the size of it a thought, the performance makes it a total non-issue, but I did use the 510TP at 390cc for a while after using a 975D so the jump wasn't as big for me as it would be for you from the JVS at 350cc (I think?)

I had a quick waggle with some Ping irons today. Nah.... not for me! Not that I'm anti-shovel..... I did buy a set of TommyArmour 855s a few years back..... It's just that I have gotten used to thin top lines and no offset.

Used 845s for 10 years, and loved every minute of them, still probably going to get a backup set one day ;)

I asked about the new Cleveland CG1 irons whilst I was Golfworks, but apparently their release has been delayed due to problems with the CMM material. The've had trouble bending them to adjust lie angles. CMM is too brittle, like a cast iron.

Pampling won with these didn't he? They sure look great :D

BrisVegas
26th September 2004, 08:06 PM
Sure can 8) Haven't even given the size of it a thought, the performance makes it a total non-issue, but I did use the 510TP at 390cc for a while after using a 975D so the jump wasn't as big for me as it would be for you from the JVS at 350cc (I think?)

Yeah, I had the 975D as well for a few years. It was a gentle transition to the JVS. It's 312 CC. Can't see me going any bigger for a while now. I'm hitting mine pretty solid.

Used 845s for 10 years, and loved every minute of them, still probably going to get a backup set one day ;)

Oh cool 8) I remember lusting after the 855s for years... (1992-1996) and finally got them in 1997 when I sold my computer after finishing uni. They were my first "serious" set of clubs. I still got them (actually MacLeod is using them) and am thinking about going back to them for the 3,4,5 iron. stoney used them for years too, including the years he was club champ at Wynnum, Rockhampton and Middle Ridge. He only recently switched to the Ping I3+ blade when his wife bought them for him. They're quite similar in looks and feel, with the Ping's being just a fraction more solid. Now that I've had a couple of sets of forged irons, they 855s feel a touch too light.