PDA

View Full Version : No Joining Fee - Carnarvon

Trung
6th August 2007, 08:23 AM
Guys and girls,

For a limited time, you can join as a new member without the 2K joining fee.

Yearly sub is $1393 ($150 bar tab included).

amanda
6th August 2007, 09:17 AM
Trung - is the club in trouble?

Grunt
6th August 2007, 09:21 AM
Amanda, I think all golf clubs are struggling nowadays. Heaps of clubs especially in Sydney have no joining fee at the moment.

Trung
6th August 2007, 10:41 AM
Trung - is the club in trouble?

Can do with a few more members. :smt023

AndyP
6th August 2007, 10:58 AM
Spam?

:p

kpac
6th August 2007, 11:48 AM
not just the Sydney clubs i would have thought either - lot of membership deals coming about that i've seen. Arundel hills open day today - join on the day to waive the $2k noms....

Fishman Dan
6th August 2007, 12:26 PM
Trung - is there much of a struggle getting your desired time on the tee sheet each week? Can you miss out if you aren't around the day it comes out, or have you always been able to get a Saturday tee-time?

markTHEblake
6th August 2007, 12:30 PM
not just the Sydney clubs i would have thought either - lot of membership deals coming about that i've seen. Arundel hills open day today - join on the day to waive the $2k noms....

That just means that there is a new membership co-ordinator.

Did you know that nobody takes annual leave at Arundel. Its not that they dont have any entitlement, its just that nobody is there long enough to accrue any.

marcel
6th August 2007, 02:00 PM
Trung,
I've heard Carnarvon would be better off working on the quality of the membership rather than quantity, your thoughts

3oneday
6th August 2007, 02:10 PM
Trung - is there much of a struggle getting your desired time on the tee sheet each week? Can you miss out if you aren't around the day it comes out, or have you always been able to get a Saturday tee-time?What Dan said.....

At Ashlar you have to get there by 6.30pm each Friday night, wait for an hour to get your number called, and get what's left on the sheet.

If you don't go you don't get a tee time :p

This is why I rejoined Windsor, I walked in after 18 on Saturday and picked an available time for the following weekend, there were plenty available.

Fishman Dan
6th August 2007, 02:19 PM
As Pete would know, Fox Hills you had to go out to Toongabbie RSL on a Thursday night for the "tee time ballot" - be jiggered if I was going to do that. As such I always played at about 12:30pm! :roll:

From what I hear the Carny time sheets are pretty full most of the time. Gordon has just gone to online bookings ONLY (with a single terminal in the clubhouse) - apart from some early teething problems, it's brilliant.

Trung - if this offer was around 6 months ago I'd probably have joined, although I figure it's to get new golfers into the game, rather than to get existing players to transfer.

Trung
6th August 2007, 09:08 PM
Trung - is there much of a struggle getting your desired time on the tee sheet each week? Can you miss out if you aren't around the day it comes out, or have you always been able to get a Saturday tee-time?

I don't see any issue. I have always been able to get my tee time (early Sat morning).

Trung
6th August 2007, 09:10 PM
Trung,
I've heard Carnarvon would be better off working on the quality of the membership rather than quantity, your thoughts

If I'm not quality, then you must be having a dig at me :twisted: .

Trung
8th August 2007, 12:23 AM
I'm told we are looking for an extra 80 members.

So far we got about 40 in 4 days. Once the 80 are filled, joining fee will be back to $2K.

3oneday
8th August 2007, 07:11 AM
So far we got about 40 in 4 days. Once the 80 are filled, joining fee will be back to $2K.excellent drive, nice way to stick $50k in the bank in a week :)

Jono
8th August 2007, 07:34 AM
I'm told we are looking for an extra 80 members.

So far we got about 40 in 4 days. Once the 80 are filled, joining fee will be back to $2K.

80 members ... Hmmm ... that's 20 groups of 4. That's about 3 hour block in the time sheet. Surely, that's going to affect how easily you can get a Saturday tee time? How do the existing members feel about this?

3oneday
8th August 2007, 07:47 AM
I don't see any issue. I have always been able to get my tee time (early Sat morning).

How do the existing members feel about this?I suppose he'll find out soon enough :) I have a feeling though that it won't affect Trung too much ;)

Andrew
8th August 2007, 08:07 AM
I’m not surprised 40 people have already joined. Carnarvon, with no joining fee is great value, especially considering the area it is in.

Trung,

Have they come to a time when they need to run a 2nd mid-week comp and bump up the price for social golf for non-members ? An extra mid-week comp may alleviate some (& I mean only a little) of the problems of getting a time on Saturday morning that may arise from the extra members. With so many people working shifts & rolling rosters these days, you may find a 2nd mid-week comp fills up pretty quickly.

Trung
8th August 2007, 09:13 AM
80 members ... Hmmm ... that's 20 groups of 4. That's about 3 hour block in the time sheet. Surely, that's going to affect how easily you can get a Saturday tee time? How do the existing members feel about this?

Jono,

I don't mind it, I have a couple of old blokes at the club every Friday night. Never have any issue with regular tee times each week and I don't see that ever changing :smt023 .

Trung
8th August 2007, 09:17 AM
I’m not surprised 40 people have already joined. Carnarvon, with no joining fee is great value, especially considering the area it is in.

Trung,

Have they come to a time when they need to run a 2nd mid-week comp and bump up the price for social golf for non-members ? An extra mid-week comp may alleviate some (& I mean only a little) of the problems of getting a time on Saturday morning that may arise from the extra members. With so many people working shifts & rolling rosters these days, you may find a 2nd mid-week comp fills up pretty quickly.

Andrew,

Excellent idea. Will you join my club? I have enough numbers to get you on the board within a year :mrgreen: .

miro
8th August 2007, 11:10 AM
Amanda, I think all golf clubs are struggling nowadays. Heaps of clubs especially in Sydney have no joining fee at the moment.

Grunt,

Which other clubs are you aware of??

Fishman Dan
8th August 2007, 11:31 AM
Not sure about all, but there are a lot of clubs with dwindling numbers. Gordon for example has an older patronage. Mac Grange has a younger, more volatile set of members ;)

Some feel systems such as GolfBank, which is being co-promoted by the AGU, is ruining club membership. I'm not so sure - when new golfers realise how crap these systems are I think they start to look for a club to join properly.

3oneday
8th August 2007, 12:02 PM
Grunt,

Which other clubs are you aware of??A lot of non private, don't have a 5 year waiting list, clubs I would say.

From personal experience, Ashlar, Cumberland and most clubs West have done away with it.

marcel
8th August 2007, 02:57 PM
Andrew,

Excellent idea. Will you join my club? I have enough numbers to get you on the board within a year :mrgreen: .

Trung,

expect to kiss goodbye to a lot of trees and to find numerous holes redesigned to favour a left to right shaped shot

Andrew
8th August 2007, 03:09 PM
Trung,

expect to kiss goodbye to a lot of trees and to find numerous holes redesigned to favour a left to right shaped shot

Damn, I've hit some good drives on the 6th hole over the years. Unfortunately, I have a bit of trouble hitting the fairway on the previous hole though. ;)

Yes, there is one or two trees that would go.