PDA

View Full Version : Titleist DT SoLo ball

markTHEblake
24th September 2004, 11:38 PM
When we played at Windaroo recently they gave us all a Sleeve of Titleist DT SoLo. I figured they were like the DT's that were around 10+ yrs ago - rocks, so I tossed em straight into the bargain barrel at home, destined for the practice bag or kids.

Anyway I took one out the other day and was mildly surprised, it has a very soft feel, yet retained a lot of spin, managed to zing quite a few on hard country course greens. But as it wasnt my home course i couldnt compare for distance.

I gather this is Titleist's version of the "Lady Precept" which was a huge hit. Having only used the ProV1 for about 4 years it maybe time to keep some option's open.

Have any of you other blokes tried this ball - what do you think?

amanda
25th September 2004, 07:01 AM
Hi Blakey!

Just converted to the Solo from the Noodle. Have used the Lady before but not enough distance. Plus the writing looks more cool :)

Jarro
25th September 2004, 07:50 AM
didn't like 'em. they felt too harsh for me.

stick with the ProV's Blakey 8)

drunken
25th September 2004, 09:23 AM
I used to play them. Nice ball until you want to stop them on anything that isn't soaked with water. I prefer the NXT Tour now, longer, softer, more spin & about the same price.

markTHEblake
25th September 2004, 09:39 AM

are you serious? the SoLo's are a much softer feel than the ProV's

amanda
25th September 2004, 10:08 AM
Apparently the same ball can feel soft to one player and hard to another depending on swing speed.

They talk about it here in Golf For Women (a GD mag):
http://www.golfdigest.com/gfw/gfwequip/index.ssf?/gfw/gfwequip/gfw200409golfballs.html

Iain
25th September 2004, 11:28 AM

And you use the Prov 1x's?? :smt017

Jarro
25th September 2004, 11:34 AM

And you use the Prov 1x's?? :smt017

i've actually been using the Utri-Tour's lately .... great ball :D

Jarro
25th September 2004, 11:37 AM

are you serious? the SoLo's are a much softer feel than the ProV's

i didn't think so Blakey. In fact, after playing the ProV1's.. i thought the SoLo's felt like crap.

drunken
25th September 2004, 12:01 PM
i didn't think so Blakey. In fact, after playing the ProV1's.. i thought the SoLo's felt like crap.

And at an extra $45 a dozen they should feel better :?

Jarro
25th September 2004, 12:17 PM

And at an extra $45 a dozen they should feel better :?

that's if you buy them brand new .... i buy all my golfballs secondhand on Ebay :wink:

Ducky
25th September 2004, 12:45 PM
Speaking of second hand golf balls, I once played golf with someone who claimed that using bleech would get rid of any discolouring and make them appear like new once again. Has anyone tried this? Does it also chew off the paint as well?

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

andylo
25th September 2004, 03:13 PM
Dt Solo.... :?

Longer than Topflite XL, softer and more spin around the green than Wilson Ultra.... but it turn yellow/grey faster than any ball I played.

And I realise that if you are good enough, you can wear the cover a lot faster. It seems the cover will be "eaten" by the air when its flying :?

But if you lost ball as fast as I do, that's no problem :lol: