PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Intro

Scoot
3rd August 2007, 02:48 PM
Sorry, I had'nt quite got my head around the forum when I posted my introduction on the back of someone elses.

I play at Queanbeyan GC and am off 14.

Hoping to be able to get advice, and a laugh from you guy's,

Thanks,
Scott

dc68
3rd August 2007, 02:54 PM
Welcome Scott!

Moe Norman
3rd August 2007, 03:01 PM
you'll get a laugh

3oneday
3rd August 2007, 03:02 PM
I play at Queanbeyan GC and am off 14.your handicap qualifies you to be the advice giver ;)

Welcome :)

Jarro
3rd August 2007, 03:04 PM
Welcome Scott.

Don't take a lot of what is said around here too seriously, Dan is really a nice bloke in person ;)

Eag's
3rd August 2007, 03:04 PM
Hey Scott welcome mate :)

dc68
3rd August 2007, 03:05 PM
your handicap qualifies you to be the advice giver

Oh great guru.:smt110

Scoot
3rd August 2007, 03:07 PM
Welcome Scott.

Don't take a lot of what is said around here too seriously, Dan is really a nice bloke in person ;)

?

Thanks for the welcome.

PS - Still need plenty of advice 3oneday

3oneday
3rd August 2007, 03:25 PM
Oh great guru.:smt110u need to read slower...

oh great tosser :p

peter_rs
3rd August 2007, 03:30 PM
Welcome

AndyP
3rd August 2007, 06:01 PM
I know a guy named Scott. Are you him? :mrgreen:

I played a few of the Canberra courses a few years ago now. Have you got a favourite in the area (besides your home club)?

Scoot
3rd August 2007, 06:08 PM

I played a few of the Canberra courses a few years ago now. Have you got a favourite in the area (besides your home club)?

I don't think I know you.

Have'nt played at any other clubs for a while. Had a game at Royal Canberra recently. Found that allright.

Narooma GC is a bit of a favourite though. Have'nt been there for years, but had couple of games there, and really liked it.

AndyP
3rd August 2007, 06:17 PM
Narooma GC is a bit of a favourite though. Have'nt been there for years, but had couple of games there, and really liked it.
I drove over three hours to play there in the pouring rain. It was worth it. Royal Canberra is one of the top ones I missed.

Johnny Canuck
3rd August 2007, 06:17 PM
welcome.

Grunt
3rd August 2007, 06:23 PM
Welcome to the weird wide world that is OzGolf, beware of all the freaks.

Scoot
3rd August 2007, 06:24 PM
I drove over three hours to play there in the pouring rain. It was worth it. Royal Canberra is one of the top ones I missed.

I think the par 3 over the ocean makes it stick in my mind. (@ Narooma)

Scoot
3rd August 2007, 06:26 PM
Welcome Scott.

Who is Dan?

Courty
3rd August 2007, 09:20 PM
I don't think I know you.

Try & keep it that way. ;)

Welcome Scott. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you're our first member from the area.

I played Gungahlin Lakes a few years back. Not a bad course.

Scoot
3rd August 2007, 09:40 PM
Try & keep it that way. ;)

Welcome Scott. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you're our first member from the area.

I played Gungahlin Lakes a few years back. Not a bad course.

That's a bummer, I was hoping to find someone to have a game with.

I have'nt been to Gungahlin. Also heard it's good. Apparently there is no trees there.

AndyP
3rd August 2007, 09:44 PM
I've also played Gungahlin. I believe it has a reputation as being a bit of a bogan's course. I think a lot of social play goes through there.
But when I played it, I found it in good condition and great value.

Sorry that there's no Canberra members currently. Hopefully we get some more soon.

markTHEblake
3rd August 2007, 10:31 PM

Nah, cant be. Scott is dead - or was it Steve.

Fishman Dan
4th August 2007, 06:28 PM
Who is Dan?

Hi. Welcome.

Is there a link between PM's working again on ISG, and a sudden influx of new members here (or outflux of posters there)?

Scoot
4th August 2007, 06:35 PM
Hi. Welcome.

Is there a link between PM's working again on ISG, and a sudden influx of new members here (or outflux of posters there)?

Not quite sure why you would post that on mine, but anyhow, I did go to ISG for about a week, and after bugger all responses, and reading bignoting figjam's comments, I looked around and stumbled over this site, which for the most part looks as though your a freindly bunch, and willing to help out with advice etc.

The PM's working back on there have nothing to do with me posting here.

Fishman Dan
4th August 2007, 06:39 PM
I didn't know they were, haven't been back there for a few weeks. Shame really but they botched the 'upgrade' big time.

Scoot
4th August 2007, 06:46 PM
I didn't know they were, haven't been back there for a few weeks. Shame really but they botched the 'upgrade' big time.

If you are talking about the PM's, I don't know if they are working, or even that there was an upgrade. I was just saying that I did'nt 'migrate' from ISG, rather came across this site and have found it better.