PDA

View Full Version : Fox Hills Golf Course

Grunt
31st July 2007, 04:35 PM
Was driving past Fox Hills this afternoon and saw a bit of course reconstruction being done. Looks like the 10th is either being removed or rebuilt lots of earth works happening in and around that area. Anyone know more? Which Bigger club is Fox Hills merged with to get all the money?

3oneday
31st July 2007, 04:58 PM
They are shifting the 10th green, it gets all the runoff from the road and the green has been crap for years.

That's all really, they were bought by Seven Hills Toongabbie RSL 6 or more years ago filled with promises of an 18 hole reconstruct. They cried poor with the introduction of the pokie tax and have done nothing but 4 holes, and one is played upside down. :p

Fishman Dan
1st August 2007, 08:36 AM
The 10th is the par 3 next to the road, I think they were going to move it about 20m to the left? It used to go under in a heavy dew. The 11th was going to be reversed in direction (among other routing changes) - but when I was a member there they laid hundreds of metres of new concrete paths which made a mockery of the plans.

Grunt
20th September 2007, 10:26 AM
Played yesterday (@Bexley)with a mate that is a member of Fox Hills and he was telling me how the club has gone to the same Golf course Maintenance company as Mac Grange - Resorts Golf.

Fishman Dan
20th September 2007, 11:45 AM
The RSL that runs the place couldn't care what happened to the course as far as quality goes, I tihnk they regard it as an asset they can sell at a later date.

I wonder if they paid the previous course designer in total for the work done?

Eldrick
14th May 2010, 03:58 PM
drove past this week and saw some more work going on
a great big dirty dam

i did hear a rumour they were going to make a offer for some of the surrounding house and replace them with a townhouse "golf course living" complex

http://foxhillsgolfclub.com.au/foxhills_site/images/stories/thumbs/L3Zhci93d3cvc2l0ZXMvZm94aGlsbHMvZm94aGlsbHNnb2xmY2 x1Yi5jb20uYXUvc3ViZG9tYWlucy93d3cvaHRtbC9mb3hoaWxs c19zaXRlL2ltYWdlcy9zdG9yaWVzL2ZveGhpbGxzLWFkcy9pbW dfNDM5NiBsYWJlbGxlZC5qcGc=.jpg

any of your handiwork G69?