PDA

View Full Version : Camden Lakeside this Sunday -

Grunt
30th July 2007, 02:53 PM
Hi All

Anyone want to have a game at Camden Lakeside this Sunday?
Special offer on this Sunday only $59 includes cart.

Anyone?

thinking of an around 9:30-10am tee off

Grunt 34 points
Jimandr 30 Points
Jono 26 Points.

3oneday
30th July 2007, 03:05 PM
Gee, I'd like to Grunt but my Mother in Law is down for the weekend and it's her birthday as well....

What time again ?

:lol:

Grunt
30th July 2007, 03:09 PM
Last Game in oz before the Thailand trip too, have to get my A game on before I tackle Blue Canyon.

Grunt
30th July 2007, 06:10 PM
Just spoke with Jono, he prefers an earlier time, who else is keen. Was suggested 8:30/9am.

Jono
30th July 2007, 07:32 PM
Just spoke with Jono, he prefers an earlier time, who else is keen. Was suggested 8:30/9am.

I'm keen for this. 8:30-9:00 start means we can be home for lunch and it's not ridiculously early.

I spoke to Gary (aka customclubmaker) and he's going to check with his missus and get back to me.

Trung
31st July 2007, 12:21 AM
I'm no good

Jono
31st July 2007, 05:32 AM
Gary can't make it either as his wife is working over the weekend and he has to look after the kids.

As I said, I'm keen for 8:30-9am start, but I'm also OK with say 10am start as well. ( Just in case Jim might be thinking about joining us :wink: )

miro
31st July 2007, 08:14 AM
In Hobart this weekend otherwise would have been up for it. Since I have got two emails in the past week with the $59 special maybe they will keep running it for a while and we can do another weekend.

Grunt
31st July 2007, 08:37 AM
Just rang Camden Lakeside, plenty of tee times available. They told me that to secure a tee time, someone needs to provide credit card details. Payment will be made on the day.

So who is keen?

Jono

Grunt
31st July 2007, 04:44 PM
Due to lack of interest, I have lost interest in playing this game too. If the offer is still available when I get back from OS I will try and play Camden Lakeside then.

AndyP
31st July 2007, 04:53 PM
I thought Jono was an alright bloke? Ouch!

Grunt
31st July 2007, 04:58 PM
I thought Jono was an alright bloke? Ouch!
No Offence to Jono but the minister for Finance is not too keen to have me spend $60+ 2 days before we go on Holiday. Thought it was a chance for a few of us to get a game. Jono may get more interest now anyway. I am going to have a game at Mac grange instead <$20 needed.

amanda
31st July 2007, 05:10 PM
I'm working flat out at the moment on my thesis - I have to present a research paper in 3 weeks and I can't analyse my data yet - I'm only mildly panicking!

Grunt
31st July 2007, 06:26 PM
Man, everything is against me having a hit this Sunday.
Macarthur Grange has it Mixed Foursomes Champs scheduled for the next 2 Sundays. Not sure if there will be enough Lady members for a champs but that wont mean anything to the current golf management.

Jono, sorry for the previous posts, lets just the 2 of us have a game at Lakeside this Sunday Morning. Maybe we can have a wager or something to make the cost a little less for me, I will be out to 19 by then ;) If anyone else wants to join us they are welcome. I might call around a couple of non OzGolf mates to see if they are interested to make up a 4.

3oneday
31st July 2007, 08:27 PM
Maybe we can have a wager or something to make the cost a little less for meJono mite have his new MP32 by then 8), look out :)

Grunt
31st July 2007, 08:29 PM
I will be off 19 by then too, what is Jono off now? Could be giving me quite a start.

Jono
31st July 2007, 08:40 PM
I will be off 19 by then too, what is Jono off now? Could be giving me quite a start.

Off 9 at the moment. So I'll have to give you 10 shots. What do you want to play? Stroke? Matchplay? You choose. 8)

Jono
31st July 2007, 08:42 PM
Jono mite have his new MP32 by then 8), look out :)

Shh ... that's my not so secret weapon. ;) :lol:

Grunt
31st July 2007, 08:42 PM
Will see if we get any others. Matchplay would be ok for me. Have you played there since the new tiger tees were built?

Jono
31st July 2007, 08:49 PM
Don't think so. Last time I played there was in March when they had the daylight saving special. It was only a social game and we played off the forward tees. The course was in pretty good condition then.

Grunt
31st July 2007, 09:03 PM
Jono, What time you want? I will ring tomorrow afternoon.

jimandr
31st July 2007, 09:06 PM
Gary can't make it either as his wife is working over the weekend and he has to look after the kids.

As I said, I'm keen for 8:30-9am start, but I'm also OK with say 10am start as well. ( Just in case Jim might be thinking about joining us :wink: )

I was thinking about joining you, and unless my very persistent common cold gets worse, I'm in, if you still intend playing.

For me, the later the better, as usual. Maybe the Doctor can bring his pad of Doctor's Certificates and I can catch up on sleep on Monday.

Jono
31st July 2007, 09:08 PM
Jono, What time you want? I will ring tomorrow afternoon.

If Jim's coming, we could make it a little later, I suppose. 9:30 would be a good compromise. 8)

Jono
31st July 2007, 09:09 PM
1. Grunt
2. Jono
3. Jimandr

8)

Grunt
31st July 2007, 09:11 PM
9:30 is good for me, may even do an unheard of thing for myself and go down there early and hit some range balls.

I will make a booking for a tee time around 9:30, tomorrow after I get home from playing at Bankstown. Should i book it for a full group?

Jono
31st July 2007, 09:17 PM
Just book for 3. I don't think the remaining spot will be taken by a stranger.

Thanks Grant. 8)

Grunt
1st August 2007, 12:32 PM
Booked for 3 players teeing off @ 9:30. See you guys there.

Grunt
1st August 2007, 01:52 PM
TS, can we tempt you to make it a 4?

TS
1st August 2007, 01:59 PM
TS, can we tempt you to make it a 4?

Hi Grant. I won't know if I can make it until Friday. That is why I haven't said anything yet.

Grunt
1st August 2007, 02:02 PM
No Worries Tony. I only booked for 3 hopefully it will not fill up.

Also got another email of Camden Lakeside this morning for the same deal on Saturday after 12pm.
They must be doing it tough, maybe Mac Grange is getting something right, it has been pretty full the last couple of weeks. To the point they are thinking of buying more carts as they are running out some days.

jimandr
1st August 2007, 10:58 PM
Thanks Grunt, you've done well.

I'm on the Lakeside mailing list as well, and i've been getting the same email offers. I guess we'll see how well the course is going, and how many players they have on the course.

Personally, I hope TS doesn't play. Jono will want to place some ridiculously high stakes on the game to prove his theory (again) that Tony goes to water when the money is on. (only joking TS, I'll be happy to see you there).

Grunt
3rd August 2007, 08:06 PM
Anyone want to join us? TS can't as he said he has work to do. If no responses by the morning I will let a mate know he may join us tomorrow. I have had him on standby all week. Will have to see if the spot is still open on Camden Lakeside may have filled it.

Grunt
4th August 2007, 05:22 PM
Mate dropped out so there is a spot for anyone who is keen. $59 includes cart.

Jono
4th August 2007, 06:52 PM
Can't wait to try out my 32's ... 8)

Jono
4th August 2007, 06:52 PM
The D2 (now with NV) is going to make its debut as well ... 8)

3oneday
4th August 2007, 08:04 PM
The D2 (now with NV) is going to make its debut as well ... 8)hmmmm 8)

Grunt
5th August 2007, 03:18 PM
Thanks guys for a great day, was tough playing in the strong wind to some tough pins on some holes but overall it was a good day.
I did not play too badly but still could not get off the tee, short game was so so. Jono was hitting bombs off the tee but could not convert them and putted pretty poorly. Jim was just Jim solid all day. Hit some average shots but also hit some nice ones.
Jono offered the standard 5/5/5 bet, wish it was 5/5/10. Thing was at the end of the day Jono only had $10 on him, he said he thought he would have won something and that there should have been an ATM for him to get some cash. Results for the 5/5/5 bet we as follows,

Front nine, Grunt:)
Back Nine, Grunt:) and Jimandr tie
Overall, Grunt:)

Final Results.

1. Grunt 34 points:mrgreen:
2. Jimandr 30 Points
3. Jono. 26 Points

Wow, got to be a first:-k. I win an OzGolf day with more that 2 players.

Quote of the Day
Jono
on his putting "I have the touch of a rapist":smt038

Jono
5th August 2007, 03:41 PM
Gee, I just got home, and the results are already posted up. :shock: :lol:

Well played Grant. You kept the ball nicely in play. 8) It was British Open style golf today, where you could run the ball up to the green, but you had to stay on line.

My putting sucked. I had absolutely zero touch on my first putts (hence my comment about having the touch of a rapist :roll: ), lagged my second putts within the 3 foot circle, and managed to hole my 3rd putts quite solidly. 8) I must have had close to 54 putts today. :oops:

On a more positive note, I loved the look and feel of the MP 32's. :smt060 I didn't hit them as straight as I would have liked, but hit them pretty solid on good trajectory. The trouble with these irons is that they look too nice to hit. Couple of times I hit out of the thick stuff, I backed off a bit, just in case of an underlying rock or something ... Hmmm ... I might drop a wedge and put an old 9 iron in the bag to hack out of ugly lies ... :lol:

I was going to hit the D2 today, but after hitting about 5 drives on the range, I put the D2 back in the car and got the trusty Aurora out instead. Best club in my bag today. Other than 2 hooked drives, I hit it long and straight. The D2 seems to set up a bit open for me. Can't get comfortable at address. And I prefer the smaller head size of the Aurora. I'll be putting the D2 in the proshop soon. 8)

All in all, a very enjoyable round of golf. As enjoyable as 26 points can get. :mrgreen:

jimandr
5th August 2007, 05:02 PM
I'm going to steal Jono's line and say it was about as enjoyable as a 30 point score can get at Lakeside today.

I really enjoyed the course today even though it bit me a few times. The fairways were hard and fast, and so were the greens. Downwind it was really difficult to hold the green with sand wedge, and impossible with 7 iron.

I was going to win the second nine, but after a long search for my ball on the 18th we found it buried in the rough with suspicious tyre marks from a cart on either side. That Jono bloke will do anything to stop me winning. The fact that I wouldn't give him a 1 footer earlier on should make no difference.

They let me improve my lie, then I hit a woeful shot into the scrub. I would've been better off hacking it forward from the buried/embedded ball lie.

Lakeside was very quiet today, despite the $59 special deal. It is very good value for a good course on a Sunday. We should plan to play there again if the Special Rate keeps going.