PDA

View Full Version : Craig Parry story this morning

goughy
9th May 2004, 09:02 AM
I just saw that there is a story on popeye on channel 7's sportsworld this morning. Just thought some might like to watch it.

Ona
9th May 2004, 11:51 AM
yeah i saw it.. cant really remember much of it.. cant have been all that good. Did mention some comment made by a commentator regarding Paz's swing, comparing it to that of a 15 capper at a pro-am.. hadnt heard that before so glad to know the guy later apologised.

goughy
9th May 2004, 12:48 PM
Man, I can't believe you didn't hear that story. It was Johnny Miller that made the comment. I was watching a tape of the final round of the tpc (thanks jaster) and since parry had a great 3rd round he was getting some coverage on the final day. The 2 commentators were still talking about millers comments (I think miller made them a week or 2 earlier) and were kind of giving him a good ribbing over them.

It was a pretty big story at the time, and not a lot of people (pga tour pro's included) liked his comments. I think paz is well liked on the tours. I likeable person in general I think.

Unfortunately the story on 7 was kind of a fizzer. OK, but not a lot of substance.

AndyP
9th May 2004, 06:14 PM
goughy, OnaBreak wasn't being sarcastic was he? :?
If so, he should have used an emoticon. :wink:

Ona
9th May 2004, 06:39 PM
i wasnt being sarcastic, goughy read it right

i didnt hear about it because i dont pay to watch tv or spend hours looking up and reading up on golf news the world over.... :roll:

PS. i feel like Raymond when his mother and wife are talking about him while he's standing right next to them..hmm might be some other show

goughy
9th May 2004, 06:42 PM
Actually, I couldn't tell andyp. I think I'm still feeling the effects from yesterdays outstanding golfing performance (could've played better with a shovel :oops: )

AndyP
9th May 2004, 07:03 PM
i wasnt being sarcastic, goughy read it right

i didnt hear about it because i dont pay to watch tv or spend hours looking up and reading up on golf news the world over.... :roll:

I couldn't tell either. Thought you might have picked up on it from the "other" forum. There was quite a bit of discussion about it there.

Ona
9th May 2004, 10:07 PM
well ok i'll cop that then.. dont know what made it sound sarcastic.. if you dont see a little emoticon, from now you can asume im NOT being sarcastic :wink: :lol: :roll: .. im not sending mixed messages am I :oops: :cry: :twisted: :P

damoocow
9th May 2004, 11:12 PM
yes - saw this earlier today and must say I always thought Parry was a bit of a wussy boy until I heard his anti Miller comments [hope they weren't fuelled by Blackman and Jones alcohol ] - good to see him getting stuck into the Yanks [perhaps he could have given the interview naked with a bag over his head to make Miller feel more at home] - although I must say Hidden Valley looked vaguely like Iraq - but maybe it is just the drought !!
damoocow

Golfgirl
11th May 2004, 10:40 AM
Actually, I couldn't tell andyp. I think I'm still feeling the effects from yesterdays outstanding golfing performance (could've played better with a shovel :oops: )

Shovel eh?, I might try that next game.... :lol: :lol: