PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in the ranks

moree golfer
27th July 2007, 01:40 PM
I was prompted to introduce myself on the Welcome forum so here it is. I play golf at Moree (18 marker) and enjoy having a beer at the same time. Married with a kid on the way in January 08 so my golf will cease no doubt from then on :cry:. Good thing I have a wife who is reasonable at times and may get the odd Sunday morning bash in. I have developed an interest in building clubs and renovating old ones although firmly in the beginner category.

Look forward to chatting in the future.

:lol: Cheers,
Tommy G

Courty
27th July 2007, 01:44 PM
Welcome Tommy.
Plenty of OZgolf days are planned before January. ;)

dc68
27th July 2007, 01:45 PM
Welcome Tommy. Any funny anecdotes involving 3oneday's exploits in Moree that you have heard?

3oneday
27th July 2007, 01:46 PM
Welcome Tommy.
Plenty of OZgolf days are planned before January. ;)Moree's a bloody long way from everywhere :)

Welcome Tommy, say hello to the Maynards and Gerards for me from Dudge Jnr :)

moree golfer
27th July 2007, 01:55 PM
Moree's a bloody long way from everywhere :)

Welcome Tommy, say hello to the Maynards and Gerards for me from Dudge Jnr :)

Will do. Still haven't quite twigged who you might be yet but I am sure if mention Dudge Jnr to Molly or either Gerard lads they'll tell me. How long have you been gone from Moree?

3oneday
27th July 2007, 01:57 PM
Will do. Still haven't quite twigged who you might be yet but I am sure if mention Dudge Jnr to Molly or either Gerard lads they'll tell me. How long have you been gone from Moree?I had my 21st there, a while ago now ;)

I used to swim the local river with Mick and Duck Gerard hunting golf balls and catching carp :) and lived around the corner from Mick Maynard.

dc68
27th July 2007, 02:01 PM
and catching carp

So............. That's where you learnt to carp on?

dc68
27th July 2007, 02:02 PM
I miss read that, sorry, I thought it said crap.:oops:

Courty
27th July 2007, 02:02 PM
It's a Moree love-in. :lol:

3oneday
27th July 2007, 02:14 PM
So............. That's where you learnt to carp on?tosser :p

:lol:

Chris32
27th July 2007, 02:24 PM
I was prompted to introduce myself on the Welcome forum so here it is. I play golf at Moree (18 marker) and enjoy having a beer at the same time. Married with a kid on the way in January 08 so my golf will cease no doubt from then on :cry:. Good thing I have a wife who is reasonable at times and may get the odd Sunday morning bash in. I have developed an interest in building clubs and renovating old ones although firmly in the beginner category.

Look forward to chatting in the future.

:lol: Cheers,
Tommy G

Hi Tom,

you bought some S300's of me this week didn't you??

Welcome aboard!

Chris

Grunt
27th July 2007, 02:41 PM
Welcome to the Wide world of OzGolf that is mainly full of sledging with a little golf thrown in too.

3oneday
27th July 2007, 02:44 PM
Welcome to the Wide world of OzGolf that is mainly full of sledging with a little golf thrown in too.pfft

:lol:

Jarro
27th July 2007, 02:48 PM
Welcome Tom

moree golfer
27th July 2007, 03:39 PM
Hi Tom,

you bought some S300's of me this week didn't you??

Welcome aboard!

Chris
That is right. Thanks Chris. Looking forward to puttin the shafts in a set of Mizuno TZoid Pro II heads in the near future. Are there many amateur or qualified clubfitters on Ozgolf? I am keen to learn the ropes from those who have been there done that.

Eag's
27th July 2007, 04:26 PM
Welcome Tom, just ignore some of these dropkicks mate, they are harmless ;)

3oneday
27th July 2007, 04:38 PM
Nah, if it doesn't involve flyscreen you haven't lived :lol:

AndyP
27th July 2007, 04:39 PM
Welcome and Happy Birthday, Tommy.

I think you'll still be able to find a nice balance between kiddies and golf. A lot of us here have.
If not, you can just live through our golfing adventures. ;)

goughy
27th July 2007, 04:48 PM
I think you'll still be able to find a nice balance between kiddies and golf. A lot of us here have.
;)

Don't use me as an example though!!! :oops:

Tongueboy
27th July 2007, 06:20 PM
gidday Tom! do you remember a bloke by the name of Geoff Colbert? he used to play up that way a fair while ago. I played with him in the Case IH Pro am up there years ago. A fair bit of p!ss was consumed! Geez those Gerards were handy!

Tongueboy
27th July 2007, 06:22 PM
pfft

:lol: be careful! thats usually my fourth putt! (refer to signature)

3oneday
27th July 2007, 06:41 PM
by the name of Geoff Colbert? I know him too ! Can't quite place him though !!

Ducky
27th July 2007, 08:27 PM
Welcome and happy birthday!

:smt113

moree golfer
27th July 2007, 09:50 PM
Welcome and Happy Birthday, Tommy.

If not, you can just live through our golfing adventures. ;)
andyP I hope to keep golfing even with a little Tommy on the ground :). thanks for the great welcome to what is a great website. I look forward to spending many hours sledging and posting for some time to come. I was having a beer with Mick Gerard tonight at the Golfie and the bastard still knocks it a long way!! He remembers the Dudge Jnr well and has undertaken to let me know a few well kept secrets :smt038 . Might take a dozen shouts or so as the prick can drink a beer or three.

moree golfer
27th July 2007, 09:58 PM
gidday Tom! do you remember a bloke by the name of Geoff Colbert? he used to play up that way a fair while ago. I played with him in the Case IH Pro am up there years ago. A fair bit of p!ss was consumed! Geez those Gerards were handy!
Tongueboy, i have only been in Moree about 6 years. Westrac (CAT dealership) were main sponsors of the Pro-Am this year and hopefully put in next year. I agree the Gerard boys still mix it up and turn it on occasionally. Will have to battle Andy Gerard for the Golfer of the year playoff in March. Might have to put the handbrake on for the rest of the year :twisted: . Only kidding, pay the comp fees and have a go!

Scoot
2nd August 2007, 07:10 PM
Hi Guy's,

New member also. Play at Queanbeyan GC, and off 14.

Hope to be able to ask a few questions in here, and get some help.

Thanks

Scott

terryand
2nd August 2007, 07:22 PM
Welcome Scott.

I think I know a Scott from that area, wouldn't happen to have 1 year old twins by any chance.

Terry.

Scoot
2nd August 2007, 07:27 PM
Welcome Scott.

I think I know a Scott from that area, wouldn't happen to have 1 year old twins by any chance.

Terry.

Hi Terry,

No, that's not me. Have boy (6) and girl(2) though

terryand
2nd August 2007, 07:54 PM
I thought it would have been too freaky if it was the Scott I know.

Terry.

markTHEblake
11th September 2007, 08:16 AM
Tommy, is your avatar pic your new young? golf pro Matt ? :-)

looks just like him.

WBennett
14th September 2007, 06:41 AM
Newbie Here

A few of you may know my from the ISG forums

Rare born and bred Canberran, same name as the famous coach although noone had heard of him 32 years ago

Play at Gungahlin Lakes off 12 - the handicap I beat once every 18 months, knock 2 shots off it, then struggle again for the next 18 months....

I'm a green eyed Raiders supporter, and even more passionate about my Mighty Pies, who (I hope) will decimate the West Coke Eagles tonight!

My first action upon joining this forum was to buy a rescue club off Perci - in the garage I have 3 drivers, 3 putters and a spare set of irons - does that make me a club ho? Note: the bride does not know of any of these...

goughy
14th September 2007, 07:16 AM
Hello Mr Bennett. With your name you should be popular around here; both kinds of popular actually.

Buying a club off of perci is almost a prerequisite for membership around here. I should include a tick box for it in the membership details!

Welcome aboard!

AndyP
14th September 2007, 07:22 AM
Sorry, your account needs to be disabled. We already have a full quota of Collingwood fans.

Welcome to OZgolf!

I played at Gungahlin Lakes on a cold winter morning a few years back on my own, and really enjoyed the course. It was great value for money too.

BrisVegas
14th September 2007, 07:52 AM
we should approach ebay and see if we can have "Register for ozgolf.net" included in the checkoout process.

welcome aboard wbennet. mmm floor pie!

Rusty
14th September 2007, 09:51 AM
welcome aboard gents.

WBennett
14th September 2007, 11:11 AM
I am wondering how many of you guys I had bought off at Fleabay before...

Rick3003 runs under a different Ebay name I believe?

Courty
14th September 2007, 03:54 PM
Everyone on here that I know of on eBay has a different username there. ;)

I also have played Gungahlin Lakes (also on a chilly July morning) not too long after it was opened. Nice course, but I'm betting it would be better now that the grass has had time to establish itself.

WBennett
14th September 2007, 04:09 PM
Its been around 10 years now, and a couple of thousand trees have been planted.

The course - like all in Canberra except Royal - got beaten around a bit with the drought for the last 5 years, but has come back well. There is a big capital works program going on to level some tees and clean up the walks from tee to green, as well as the installation of a cart path, much to many members disgust.

The course held the Aust School Titles last year, and is maturing nicely. Anyone coming to Canberra should PM me and we can have a round

Scoot
17th September 2007, 05:47 PM
Hey W,

Ever been out to QBN?

I have'nt been out to 'the G' yet, but hope to soon.

WBennett
17th September 2007, 07:50 PM
qbn kills me - i am not straight enough! you only need to hit 200 straight at qbn and you are sorted - it suits the old straight hitting blokes who are all members there

Scoot
17th September 2007, 08:56 PM
Yeah, not a very forgiving course.

Not sure about the 200 though. You must play your long irons fantastic!

It definatly helps to be straight. Glad there's no water there.

rick3003
18th September 2007, 09:05 PM
I am wondering how many of you guys I had bought off at Fleabay before...

Rick3003 runs under a different Ebay name I believe?
Welcome aboard mate:)

Same name on ebay too.