PDA

View Full Version : Personal Golf Charts/Stats

AndyP
24th September 2004, 01:45 PM
Because I am a very analytical person (some might say anal), I like looking at the statistics of my golf rounds, particularly the overall scoring. Not that I put it to any good use. :roll: Unfortunately, I haven't got one of those stats programs set up yet, but I was able to produce a chart from my golflinks records for the last two years that I found interesting (you may not).

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~apholden/mypic18.jpg

The interesting things that I found were that
1. I have only played under my handicap in a competiton (against CCR) 5 times. 4 of these rounds, have been this year.
2. The bad patches seem to come around July/August.
3. If I follow the trend with my handicap, I won't see a significant drop again until about March next year. :(
4. There are some pretty crap rounds in there. :oops:

I'll have to get gstat or something one of these days. As I have no idea what sort of condition my Fairways, GIR, putting stats are in.

I do maintain a spreadsheet at home though, that tracks my rounds at Nambour GC. I keep score averages in it, including each hole, then compare how well I have been playing it in comparison to the index. I use this to see if I am stuggling on a hole in recent history, and might adjust my game plan during the next round. (Some holes I should be getting pars, but I continue to bogey or double bogey them.)

Anyone else want to chuck a chart up? 8)

McMw
24th September 2004, 01:47 PM
I would, but I lost all my data when my comp crashed....over 2 years of 18hole stats GORRNNEEEEE... not happy...

can't be bothered starting again...

I figured the stats only told me how bad I'm playing...

AndyP
24th September 2004, 01:51 PM
I would, but I lost all my data when my comp crashed....over 2 years of 18hole stats GORRNNEEEEE... not happy...
That sucks. :x

I think the concept is that you try and do something about it. :idea: :wink:

Jarro
24th September 2004, 02:00 PM
i'm gonna download the Gstat programme when i get the new computer.

I did have a couple of years worth of stats on the old Better@golf programme i had ... but they too were lost when we had a glitch in our system :x

amanda
24th September 2004, 02:17 PM
I use FreeGolfInfo's GameTrack system which is pretty good.

AndyP
24th September 2004, 02:17 PM
i'm gonna download the Gstat programme when i get the new computer.
Yeah, GStat is what I am thinking of. $25US, I think.

I did have a couple of years worth of stats on the old Better@golf programme i had ... but they too were lost when we had a glitch in our system :x
I've got over three years of stats in a book. That's going to be a long and painful process to put on the PC.

Onewood
24th September 2004, 02:19 PM
AP do mine for me :D

McMw
24th September 2004, 02:36 PM
I think the concept is that you try and do something about it. :idea: :wink:

that's a brilliant idea....why didn't I think of that???

AndyP
24th September 2004, 03:08 PM

Yes sir.

Onewood's Golflink Record

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~apholden/mypic19.jpg

Ducky
24th September 2004, 03:33 PM
That's a 7.0 on the ricketier scale!

:lol:

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Onewood
24th September 2004, 04:11 PM
thanks AP 8)

How come mine only goes as high as 20 and yours goes up to 30 :lol: :lol:

I've had a driving nett for the past 2 months and it's starting to show :D

be nice to hit that zero line again :shock:

Onewood
24th September 2004, 04:13 PM
That's a 7.0 on the ricketier scale!

:lol:

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Thats a 6 ducky :wink:

markTHEblake
24th September 2004, 05:26 PM
With looking at graphs like that with each round being a single plotted point, its hard to see trends, its all up and down like a yo yo.

With another Program that i used to use would show me the average Stats for my last 5 rounds. Then after each new round, i would update the 'last 5 average' on a spreadsheet. Then converting that to a graph format you can really see trends and hopefully that you are improving.

Overlaying the diffrent stats on the one graph is also helpfull, for example an increase in GIR should see a worsening of Putts, but an overall improvement in score and so on.

Gstats used to have a thing on the web to upload scores, and convert to some pretty graphs like i am talking about but i think he has removed it.

Onewood
24th September 2004, 05:51 PM
With looking at graphs like that with each round being a single plotted point, its hard to see trends, its all up and down like a yo yo.

With another Program that i used to use would show me the average Stats for my last 5 rounds. Then after each new round, i would update the 'last 5 average' on a spreadsheet. Then converting that to a graph format you can really see trends and hopefully that you are improving.

Overlaying the diffrent stats on the one graph is also helpfull, for example an increase in GIR should see a worsening of Putts, but an overall improvement in score and so on.

Gstats used to have a thing on the web to upload scores, and convert to some pretty graphs like i am talking about but i think he has removed it.

By the time you do all that :shock: you could be practising and end up with the same result :D

markTHEblake
24th September 2004, 06:54 PM
Only took me about 1 minute to update after every round Kev....
maybe its what you need to get down to 5 :twisted:

terryand
24th September 2004, 07:35 PM
Andy, did you do this in word or something else?

Terry.

AndyP
24th September 2004, 07:36 PM

You can create a trendline in Excel that is an average of the last 5 results, I use it in my Nambour scores Chart. It is more useful than the above charts.

AndyP
24th September 2004, 07:38 PM
Andy, did you do this in word or something else?
In Excel. Pretty simple too.

BrisVegas
24th September 2004, 07:54 PM

Yes sir.

Onewood's Golflink Record

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~apholden/mypic19.jpg

Quiet day Andy??? :wink: :lol:

AndyP
24th September 2004, 08:02 PM
Quiet day Andy??? :wink: :lol:
Maybe. Quiet afternoon anyway. :wink:
I aim to please.

McMw
24th September 2004, 09:00 PM
Only took me about 1 minute to update after every round Kev....
maybe its what you need to get down to 5 :twisted:

so what do you need to get down to 3 then??? :lol:

markTHEblake
24th September 2004, 10:55 PM
so what do you need to get down to 3 then??? :lol:

Brain Surgery

Golfgirl
25th September 2004, 09:29 AM
All I can tell you guys about the stats that I have kept in Excel is that about every 3-4 months, I have a blinder of a round and play several shots under my handicap, averaging a drop in handicap of 2-3 shots each time. 8)

The rest of the time, I play between 5 and 10 shots over my handicap..... back to the drawing board.... :shock: :? :oops: :lol:

markTHEblake
25th September 2004, 09:48 AM
Here is a graph from the Gstats Pro website.
http://www.gstatpro.com/gstatweb/gsmain.php

You can registr for free and enter your scores via the web, or use the program on your PC and upload the data.

Pink is GIR's, Green is Putts.

http://img7.imgspot.com/u/04/268/02/gsgraph01.gif

Ducky
25th September 2004, 10:55 AM
My eyes! It burns!

:shock:

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

AndyP
25th September 2004, 07:07 PM
That's a lot of 74s, Blakey. :shock: