PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 23rd July

PeteyD
25th July 2007, 12:34 PM
Wow where is grunt. the earth off it's axis again?

Stroke comp at Reddy this moring. Nett 80. Started very poorly and couldn't hit a wood at all for 4 holes. 36 putts so still getting used to the changes Addam is putting me through. 3 pars and 7 bogeys. 3 gir. Happy with how I went even without scoring well, as it came down to a few crap holes.

dc68
25th July 2007, 12:38 PM
Good to see you hard at it mate..... :p

PeteyD
25th July 2007, 12:43 PM
Working hard or hardly working hey mate

addamsmith
26th July 2007, 01:53 PM
We don't want to look to good before the Club Champs mate Ha ha.
I also want you to give me a call regarding a drill
Addam

Courty
28th July 2007, 05:24 PM
35 pts today. Huge improvement over the last few weeks, and should have been better. I was -1 through 6 holes, even after 8, then wiped the 9th after 3 consecutive duffed chips and still finished with 19 pts. A few loose shots and another wipe on the back but I held it together on the run home.

I finished feeling confident which is exactly what I need for the 54 hole stroke event next Fri/ Sat/ Sun.

oz
28th July 2007, 10:50 PM
38 points at Howlong today. Played solidly, after a sloppy start. Lazy 3 putt bogey on 1, then an OB Double on 3. Settled down after that, and birdies on 8 & 9 got me back on track. A little messy over the closing couple of holes, but managed to eak out mostly pars. CCR was 36.

BrisVegas
28th July 2007, 11:04 PM
NCR for me. Was playing crap and then on the 13th, after spending too long looking for a playing partner's ball I finally got to play my second shot. Hit it just short of the green, but couldn't find it, despite seeing it land in the right rough. Had to help my other partner look for his ball in the meantime too, so in the end I called it quits. As is always the way, I made easy pars and a birdie on 17 after I'd DQ'd. ahh well.

They had a demo day on the range today. Callaway, Mizuno and Titleist. Tried the FT5 & FTI drivers. Not bad, they're quite compact looking. I also tried the D2 with VS Proto, but couldnt keep it below the ozone. Hit the Mizuno MP32 and MP60. The MP60's were pretty nice, but still a little too hard core for me.

Tongueboy
29th July 2007, 07:56 AM
Played Tuggerah Lakes yesterday in a Canadian Foursome with my mate (I think) and played like an absolute busted arse. Major problems with my game I can tell you from the driver thru to the putter. Lacking power,timing,rythm and losing my mind!

Other than that it was a good day with the course in great nick.

Fishman Dan
29th July 2007, 03:51 PM
Stroke and 1st Round of Club Champs yesterday. I can't play the 4th round of the club champs which is dissappointing so this was pretty much a practice round for next weekend.

A few weeks off certainly tells after shooting about a million over, but hit the ball ok. Had either terrible or great holes, but the old blokes I was playing with had a shocking time with the tough layout. My marker was starting in his 47th Club Champs - he's won 2, including C-Grade champs several years ago at the age of 72.

Had a pleasant surprise before the round - found out that I'm in a playoff for the Winter Cup - best nett score next weekend wins. Happy to see my opponent went under his handicap yesterday so will hopefully lose a shot!

shazza_rs
29th July 2007, 07:02 PM
Played at Oxley this morning with the Hackers Social Group.

I had an 86/70 (par 72). Didn't feel like i was hitting the ball too well but was sinking putts when i had to.

shazza_rs
29th July 2007, 07:03 PM
Played at Gailes with the rest of the blokes this arvo....

Had a 90/74 (par 73). Wasn't hitting the ball all that great but managed to stay out of trouble for most of the round. Started to get tired during the last nine, but managed to hold it together.

kpac
29th July 2007, 07:06 PM
two good round shaz - nice shoot'n

shazza_rs
29th July 2007, 07:08 PM
thanks..... i'm as surprised as you are. :)

goughy
29th July 2007, 07:15 PM
Had a 90/74 (par 73). Wasn't hitting the ball all that great but managed to stay out of trouble for most of the round.

Hard to get into trouble when you barely hit the ball far enough to reach the rough when playing sideways across the fairway!!! :razz:

BrisVegas
29th July 2007, 08:31 PM
38 + 47 = 85 gross/78 nett (par 73) at Gailes.

1 over on the front 9 and everything seemed easy enough. Even missed a couple of shortish ones. Fell in a heap on the back 9. Just managed to find ways to make double from the fairway too many times. Had a very slow group in front which didn't help with the rhythm of the day.

AndyP
29th July 2007, 09:28 PM
29/07/2007, Gailes GC, Stroke.

9/15 effective T-shots.
6/18 effective approaches.
6/8 up & down successes.
0/3 sand saves.
28 putts.

Score 39-43-82 nett 71 (Par 37-36-73 ACR 73)

Ever get the feeling it could be one of those days after the first hole? GUR was all down the left side of the 1st, par 5, and I hooked my 3W off the tee into it close to OOB. Free drop on the fairway. Next shot goes into the fairway trap. Free drop on the fairway. Slightly thin 7I to the green pin high and sink the 10 footer for bird.
Followed it with another bird then a double (with a fantastic one putt) on what is becoming my favourite hole :smt087.

I didn't really feel like playing today, as I was tired and disappointed I was missing a potential great footy match (so much for that). I think the relaxed, not caring as much attitude helped me a bit. The putts rolled nicely, and I played smart, even when the execution was lacking.

I didn't actually hit it too well today, but I have gone from my worst putting round for ages to my best (and maybe even remembered how to chip). Gotta be happy about that!

Next round: 9/8, Kooralbyn Copperhead

chappy1970
31st July 2007, 10:31 AM
27 points = out .1 - nuff said.

I find it amazing that a part of your game that is absolutely brilliant one week falls to pieces the next.

3 weeks ago at Spring Valley i had the equal second best Nett score for the day, couldn't miss with the flat stick for 27 putts.

Saturday, I hit the ball reasonably well tee to green but couldn't buy a F$%ken putt. Which I think is the most frustrating of all, if you are getting to the green in reg most of the time and can't put the stupid ball in the hole
it drives you nuts.

If your hitting the ball like a goose off the tee or with your irons and you sink a few decent putts well they are just a bonus.

Till next week I suppose, Monthly Medal shot gun start and its PAR.

Chappy

BrisVegas
2nd August 2007, 11:34 AM
38 + 47 = 85 gross/78 nett (par 73) at Gailes.

1 over on the front 9 and everything seemed easy enough. Even missed a couple of shortish ones. Fell in a heap on the back 9. Just managed to find ways to make double from the fairway too many times.

Sat down and worked out my stats.

12 fairways
7 GIR
34 putts (14 & 20), including 5 x 3-putts and a chip-in.

No wonder it felt so ugly, I was compounding poor approach shots with bad putting. Fair enough the greens were pretty bad, but I can't recall when I last had 5 x 3-putts! Must improve!