PDA

View Full Version : Sheedy Sacked!

Moe Norman
25th July 2007, 11:28 AM
The great man has been given the arse.

Terrible shame, but couldn't expect any better from the scum down at Windy Hill. Very little respect shown to a man who delivered them 4 flags and has gotten a side that won 3.5 games in 2006 to finals contention inside 12 months...

Apparently the scum don't understand the draft cycle.

AndyP
25th July 2007, 11:48 AM
He had it coming. Sometimes it seemed like his only aim was to make the finals and no higher. He was continually topping up with old players too.

Fishman Dan
25th July 2007, 12:07 PM
That's a shame for a bloke who has given the club a lifetime of dedication. I still figure that Essendon have massively overachieved this year.

Bruce
25th July 2007, 12:10 PM
Sheedy goes now because the coaching merry-go-round is in full swing and so the board has to get on it now or risk not getting a seat. Very few coaches get to go on their own terms, but I think Sheedy was deserving of that distinction.

Fishman Dan
25th July 2007, 12:13 PM
Being an Eddie lover, you're too rapt in media hype Thommo. Sheeds' contract isn't being renewed at seasons-end, he hasn't been sacked.

It looks like he's staying until the end of the season. I'm guessing the Bombers have already lined up a new candidate.

dc68
25th July 2007, 12:18 PM
Harvey maybe?

AndyP
25th July 2007, 01:02 PM
Sheeds' contract isn't being renewed at seasons-end, he hasn't been sacked.
It's the same thing, regardless of whether he had years left on his contract or not.
"Your contract will not be renewed" = "You will not be coaching next year" = "You're sacked"

Fishman Dan
25th July 2007, 01:49 PM
I would have thought;

Sacked = Don't come Monday.
Contract not renewed = Are you still here?

Of course what that means is that if Sheeds chooses to leave now, he'll probably do himself out of 5 months pay.

Jarro
25th July 2007, 01:58 PM
Heavens To Betsy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will Life Go On ?????????????????

3oneday
25th July 2007, 02:11 PM
Who did he coach, the Eagles ?

McCoy
25th July 2007, 05:03 PM
27 years at the one club is pretty extraordinary. I doubt the poor way Essendon decided to end it would detract from the overall record. Wouldn't surprise me if they were after Voss.

Possible candidates badly prioritised
1. Voss
2. Bomber Thompson, Mark Harvey
3. Dennis Pagan, Neil Daniher