PDA

View Full Version : What a scam!

poidda
24th July 2007, 09:47 AM
So, who ever got the job to design the new Qantas logo must be having a good ole chuckle to himself. How much is it going to cost Qantas to stretch a roo! This is the new symbol!

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22119623-2,00.html (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,24897,22118871-643,00.html)

New Logo
http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5579250,00.jpg

Old Logo
http://www.holidaysallover.com.au/travelpasses/flight_passes/images/qantas_tail.jpg

Am I missing something here, or has Qantas just been taken for a multi-million dollar ride?

From what I can tell the legs are moved a few degrees forward!

**** me, I'm in the wrong business.

dc68
24th July 2007, 09:52 AM
If it ain't broke don't fix it.... FFS there goes this years bonus in consultancy and design fees. :smt093 :smt093 :smt093

Not to mention painting the ****ers

AndyP
24th July 2007, 10:16 AM
From what I can tell the legs are moved a few degrees forward!
There's definitely more changes than that.

It's a bold new design that looks sharper, but keeps the tradition and recognition of the old logo. It's a smart move for the future of the company.

dc68
24th July 2007, 10:29 AM
:roll:

poidda
24th July 2007, 10:38 AM
There's definitely more changes than that.

It's a bold new design that looks sharper, but keeps the tradition and recognition of the old logo. It's a smart move for the future of the company.

You put 2 planes together and I bet the majority of people wouldn't even be able to tell you what the difference let alone give a ****!

The entire purpose of the excercise is to make some manager (or team of over paid "experts" feel important about themselves!

kpac
24th July 2007, 10:40 AM
yep pretty piss poor attempt at an update there - i hate seeing big budgets for new designs wasted on pathetic non event answers.

poidda
24th July 2007, 10:47 AM
So, I wonder if anyone would have even noticed if it wasn't in the papers!?!?

dc68
24th July 2007, 10:53 AM
So, I wonder if anyone would have even noticed if it wasn't in the papers!?!?

Like some blowhard is going to keep it quiet.

AndyP
24th July 2007, 11:07 AM
So you guys believe that companies should never change their logos, but stick with an outdated logo from decades ago?

markTHEblake
24th July 2007, 11:13 AM
andyp if you start speaking corporate speak I am going to throw up.

PeteyD
24th July 2007, 11:26 AM
The logo needs updating, should be a shrew.

3oneday
24th July 2007, 11:54 AM
I must say, I heard about this on the radio this morning and was looking forward to seeing how snazzy it was.

I'm pretty underwhelmed, at least the additional of some cool sunglasses or something a little upbeat might have passed. I'd b surprised if the majority first reaction wouldn't be "well, what's changed ?"

dc68
24th July 2007, 12:28 PM
maybe a :roll: or a "+1" underneath the Roo would have been more to your taste. :p

mikezone13
24th July 2007, 12:30 PM
So you guys believe that companies should never change their logos, but stick with an outdated logo from decades ago?

Agree with AP here... nothing wrong with logo updates especially if the corporate goals/vision have changed.

I must say, I heard about this on the radio this morning and was looking forward to seeing how snazzy it was.

I'm pretty underwhelmed, at least the additional of some cool sunglasses or something a little upbeat might have passed. I'd b surprised if the majority first reaction wouldn't be "well, what's changed ?"

Yep, slightly underwhelmed as well, but that's just the plane livery, will be interesting to see how it fits all their other communication pieces.

BrisVegas
24th July 2007, 12:40 PM

With recent speculation about Volkswagen changing theirs it's interesting to note the history of the WWII swastika-based logos... The first beetles were known as Strength through Joy or the "swastika hubcap" car. Swastika hubcaps were not known to adorn the car, however some people believe that the VW hubcaps resemble the swastika at certain speeds of rotation, ie. the 38mph cruising speed of SS staff cars...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAtMxJDN4qs
http://www.illuminatiarchives.org/?p=126

Iain
24th July 2007, 12:53 PM
Can't really see it in the youtube video, but the 2nd link I can definitely see a slight resemblance....

And I used to own a VW..... :shock:

3oneday
24th July 2007, 01:18 PM
maybe a :roll: or a "+1" underneath the Roo would have been more to your taste. :pwell, you're the one who has his knickers in a knot about it, you're just shirty cause they rejected your "Roo sculling a XXXX" :p

+1

dc68
24th July 2007, 02:04 PM
XXXX

:shock:
language please!

mike
24th July 2007, 02:06 PM
New logo is great.

Much more aerodynamic.

Qantas saves money on fuel.

Cheaper fares.

Everybody wins.

dc68
24th July 2007, 02:15 PM
Cheaper fares.

bwahahahahahahahahaha

Moe Norman
24th July 2007, 02:40 PM
I work in marketing.

so no comment!

3oneday
24th July 2007, 02:46 PM
I work in marketing.

so no comment!

+1

:lol:

dc68
24th July 2007, 03:02 PM
+1

:lol:

:roll:

+1

goughy
24th July 2007, 06:47 PM
Don't know what you are all on about!!! They look completely different. Ones facing left, the others facing right! Doh!

Grunt
24th July 2007, 06:49 PM
Well, I saw this plane first hand today and have to say in looks more like a dinosaur than a kangaroo. It should have be redone to an emu with it's head in the sand!
The font for the Qantas on the side of the plane does not look too bad. Some other touches to look wrong too though. The Logos on the engine cowlings are too high and point up to the sky. Will be interesting how it looks on the larger planes though.

Fishman Dan
24th July 2007, 06:55 PM
What's a cowling? I thought a small cow was a calf?

Grunt
24th July 2007, 06:56 PM
Is the panels that wrap around the engine Core, FD

Coffs_Hacker
24th July 2007, 07:15 PM
They r saying that there r certain "no paint zones" on the tails of some of the new planes so they had to re-design the logo or chop off the legs of the old one

Grunt
24th July 2007, 07:22 PM
Not sure about that one, we heard it today at work too. None of us engineers can understand a no paint zone as all composite structure have to be painted to keep the water out.